September Chat - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 122 Old 09-30-2011, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sweet bee, i don't know if there's an ikea close to you, but we got this bed for my oldest 2 kids when we learned we were pregnant with number 3: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10123996/
they both started out on the bottom, and at ages 6 and 7, they usually sneak into the bottom bunk together every night, but they technically use both beds now. (we put a second mattress at the bottom of the frame- without a boxspring, there's room.) i like the bed because it has a small footprint, and the upper bunk is really short, such that i don't worry (anymore) about them jumping off of it- it's not very tall. (granted, they're 6 and 7...) in the long run, if you're aiming for your son to be up top, you could use the bottom space for storage/dressers, or a small table. it's not tall enough for a grownup to hang out underneath very comfortably, but it makes for a fantastic playspace -they're always hanging their comforters over the top bunk and playing "camping".

i have been following the convos here and wish to say more, but i've been out all day and i've got to get the kids to bed.

feel better, devaskyla! for reals, woman. feel better.hug2.gif

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#122 of 122 Old 09-30-2011, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post

sweet bee, i don't know if there's an ikea close to you, but we got this bed for my oldest 2 kids when we learned we were pregnant with number 3: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10123996/

I have this same bed for my two oldest - the 7 year old is on top and the 4 year old on the bottom.  The top bunk is really very low, and we have the tent that goes over the top of it.  We have one of these as a stair case:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80063673/

My 2 year old can climb up and down on that just fine, but I wouldn't want him to sleep up there at this age. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page