October Chat Thread! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 124 Old 10-13-2011, 11:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Mostly I sleep on my side, but I have to admit that I find myself subconciously drifting to my back every now and then during the night...but thats usually when this one really starts kicking and I wake up and shift again. 

Between trying to get comfortable in bed, gas, constipation, and the constant need to pee....nights are really cruddy right now!!

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#62 of 124 Old 10-13-2011, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re:  up all night from babies kicking you:  the other night I kept waking up because I thought my 2 year old was kicking me in bed.  I kept going to turn him over (facing away from me) in bed and realizing no, he's already facing away, this is the OTHER one kicking me from the inside.  Heh.

I'm still sleeping pretty well, mostly staying on the left side which is where I like to sleep outside of pregnancy anyway.  Trying to enjoy these last couple weeks before I descend into having to wake up to pee constantly mode.  Last time around, I was literally needing to go to the bathroom every hour on the hour all night long... for the last two months of pregnancy.  Oy vey.

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#63 of 124 Old 10-13-2011, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

DH and i went to tour the birth center tonight- it really brings home the reality of all of this!

what things have you guys done or experienced lately, that make having a baby suddenly seem very real?  (and not all that far off!)

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#64 of 124 Old 10-13-2011, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldandsleepy View Post
Trying to enjoy these last couple weeks before I descend into having to wake up to pee constantly mode.  Last time around, I was literally needing to go to the bathroom every hour on the hour all night long... for the last two months of pregnancy.  Oy vey.

Oy vey, indeed!  that's some epic peeing, my friend!  i hope it was somewhat a case of how your baby was positioned, and that this time, you get more sleep than that!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#65 of 124 Old 10-14-2011, 07:27 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post

DH and i went to tour the birth center tonight- it really brings home the reality of all of this!

what things have you guys done or experienced lately, that make having a baby suddenly seem very real?  (and not all that far off!)

I hung out yesterday with a friend and her five week old baby girl.  There was a moment of panic on my side, like: "I can't really be expected to be trusted with something that small...".  The baby didn't even cry, more like a meow and she seriously still looked like an alien, not all cute and baby-like.  I had serious qualms for a few minutes, but then I reminded myself that I have been preparing for this and that my body and heart will know what to do when my brain doesn't.

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and pregnant again EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!
#66 of 124 Old 10-14-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montessorimama1 View Post
...she seriously still looked like an alien, not all cute and baby-like. 

LOL! Sometimes they look like that until about 4 mos, then you start to see the look you think of as more of a "baby" look. I actually really enjoyed the alien stage. I swear, DS had some kind of second sight or something (or possibly we were hallucinating - LOL!) for the first couple of weeks. We would ask him a question and he'd look at us and raise his eyebrows and look like a wise old man. Plus, we ECd and it was incredible how quickly he caught on! I think we "caught" a pee the second day, and he wasn't peeing a lot yet, then! (Though, it got trickier later...)

I was just with my mamas group the other day and we had a 2 mo old, 11 lb "alien" and a 4 1/2 mo old, 20 lb "baby" so I got to see the difference pretty starkly there. They were "chatting" together and it was very cute. :)

L'lee reading.gif ~ C geek.gif ~ E broc1.gif May, 2006 ~ Rjoy.gif12/29/2011nocirc.gif goorganic.jpg ecbaby2.gif homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#67 of 124 Old 10-14-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:

My FMLA forms are due at work by the end of October. DH and I have to sit down and really work on our budget this weekend, making it all seem very, very real. Oh boy!

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#68 of 124 Old 10-14-2011, 10:49 AM

Birth center tours already?!  Oh my!

We have to go back for a tour of the birth center my older son was born at-- because it's the only place you can do the pre-registration paperwork now.  You used to be able to do it online.  (Last time I did the paperwork online and then went to the tour in person anyway.)  I'm kind of annoyed to have to go to a second tour at place I gave birth at 2 years ago, but I think it's probably better than trying to fill out paperwork when I have more important things to be doing like pushing a baby out!

I just went back and looked again and now the link is back.  Ooookay, whatever!  We're probably going to skip the tour this time then since, well... we had a baby there 2 years ago.

HCM, I think (hope!!!) the peeing every hour thing was related to my son's positioning last time... he was always verrrrrry very low, as if ready to fall out at any minute.  This little guy is up much higher, at least so far.

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#69 of 124 Old 10-14-2011, 01:22 PM

Scheduling my next few appointments with my midwife her saying that we after these few we will be having the home visit (which is done at 36 wks) was eye opening for me.  She will also be giving me my supply list at the next visit, really already???

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
#70 of 124 Old 10-14-2011, 01:37 PM

I'm in the process of putting together a binder for the person who will replace me at work... (until the position runs out of funding anyways) and will be cutting down on my yoga teaching schedule, all on November 1st! Other than that I'm still waiting for time to do 'baby stuff' - I think that will really help because right now I just feel like I'm living my normal life & I happen to be pregnant...

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#71 of 124 Old 10-14-2011, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarwoman View Post

I'm still waiting for time to do 'baby stuff' - I think that will really help because right now I just feel like I'm living my normal life & I happen to be pregnant...

yes, this.  i haven't been able to touch my baby to-do list, other than filling the freezer and having prenatal appointments (you know, birth center tour aside).  i tell myself that i want to first take care of holiday stuff, and then i'll feel in a better place to do the baby things.  but i'm not really finding time to work on the holiday stuff, either!

#72 of 124 Old 10-14-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:

i tell myself that i want to first take care of holiday stuff, and then i'll feel in a better place to do the baby things.  but i'm not really finding time to work on the holiday stuff, either!

Yes!  Only I'm not taking the time for holiday stuff since I have work junk and a huge fundraiser coming up and girl scouts and activities and and and.  Good thing fetuses don't take much work.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#73 of 124 Old 10-14-2011, 05:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I am pretty certain that I won't feel like I am able to prepare for this baby until I get through all the births I have to do before mine comes. The last due date that I have someone for is middle of December. So, for now my focus is still on other people and their pregnancy and then it will feel like time for me to think about mine once they are all taken care of.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#74 of 124 Old 10-15-2011, 08:33 PM

Oh my ladies, I got to hold a snuggly little six week old today.  My girls held him too and just ooh and ahhed over him as well.  It made me so excited about holding this little one earth-side.  I have been saying for awhile (jokingly) that it was much easier to take care of on the inside, so I wasn't in any hurry to be at the end of pregnancy, but now I am so happy to only have 11 wks left!

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
#75 of 124 Old 10-15-2011, 09:13 PM

I often say they're easier to take care of on the inside. They really are. Bit tiring and hard on the pelvis, but so much easier. It's why I don't mind going "late". Yeah, it sucks, but at least I don't have to work out logistics of dealing with a newborn & older kids. Especially cars/buses & sleeping arrangements.

My mom was in for a couple days & drove me to the couple major grocery stores closest to us. So nice not to have to worry about getting a cab home & being able to go to both stores. Spent too much money, but I always do with grocery prices the way they are these days. Got a bunch of bulk stuff at Costco so hopefully that will help some with groceries next time. I was sooo sore after though. Walked through 2 massive stores & lugged a bunch of groceries around. We should have enough food for at least 3 weeks though. Maybe more...I hope.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#76 of 124 Old 10-17-2011, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

i special-ordered a new birthing/yoga ball to replace the one collecting mildew in my backyard, and 6 weeks later, it finally arrived.  i just blew it up and sat on it, and goodness, it makes me so happy.

#77 of 124 Old 10-18-2011, 09:13 AM

Hey mamas, I have a question re sleeping on my back. So I seem to always end up on my back when I wake up in the morning. Does anyone know if there is any correlation between that and breech?

TIA. 

Sarah. Wife to Pearry, mama to Pearry II and Isabella Rose, born Breech at home and Benjamin, our January 1st bebe intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpg

#78 of 124 Old 10-18-2011, 05:49 PM

Never heard of a connection between being on your back & breech, just leaning back positions (probably including being on your back) and posterior.

I am really, deeply hating my bump these days. It doesn't look anything like a proper baby belly. I'm huge above the waist, still have a very, very defined waist line & then my normal fat self below my waist, just slightly firmer. It's probably hormones, but looking at it/thinking about it makes me want to cry.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#79 of 124 Old 10-19-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post

I am really, deeply hating my bump these days. It doesn't look anything like a proper baby belly. I'm huge above the waist, still have a very, very defined waist line & then my normal fat self below my waist, just slightly firmer. It's probably hormones, but looking at it/thinking about it makes me want to cry.

Ohhhh... I'm so sorry to hear this. :(   It'll soon be over, if that's any consolation... hug2.gif

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and pregnant again EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!
#80 of 124 Old 10-19-2011, 08:19 AM

I was feeling like this for a while too hug2.gif I'm now 30 weeks, and feeling better about it. The middle of my double-bump is filling in some, especially later in the day. The lower pad of fluff that I've had forever is still there though, and it's gotten pushed out by baby filling in behind it so it's more prominent and lower, which drives me batty. Wearing clothes that show off the top of my bump and gloss over the middle and bottom has really helped me feel like I look like I have a more normal shaped baby belly.

Quote:

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#81 of 124 Old 10-19-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:

Never heard of a connection between being on your back & breech, just leaning back positions (probably including being on your back) and posterior.

Right!?  Gah!  This bump is like muffin-top hell.  I just look all wrong, even with the stretchy topped pants I bought.  I agree with the other poster that if I wear something that stretches over the top of the bump and then doesn't cling too much to the rest of it I look all cute and pregnant again.  Last pregnancy I wore wrap dresses all fall/winter, I'm not sure I can get the ties to hit a flattering spot this time.  I think I'll look like I've got a double bump.  I might even see if I can squeeze some different undies into our budget.  Anyone wear little preggo-bikini-cuts and get a good result or do you just feel like your panties are falling off?

#82 of 124 Old 10-19-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmythe View Post

Right!?  Gah!  This bump is like muffin-top hell.  I just look all wrong, even with the stretchy topped pants I bought.  I agree with the other poster that if I wear something that stretches over the top of the bump and then doesn't cling too much to the rest of it I look all cute and pregnant again.  Last pregnancy I wore wrap dresses all fall/winter, I'm not sure I can get the ties to hit a flattering spot this time.  I think I'll look like I've got a double bump.  I might even see if I can squeeze some different undies into our budget.  Anyone wear little preggo-bikini-cuts and get a good result or do you just feel like your panties are falling off?

Definitely feel like my panties are falling off. :)  And the maternity jeans that constantly slip down don't help matters...

#83 of 124 Old 10-20-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:

.  Anyone wear little preggo-bikini-cuts and get a good result or do you just feel like your panties are falling off?

The super-low bikini cuts make me paranoid, but I have some others that have a wide, soft fold-over waist that are AMAZING. Not all that sexy, but I feel comfy and secure.

OAN: I went on "vacation" for a week to visit DH's family and my own. I've been struggling with my relationship with my mom, and the trip just created more stress and bad feelings...I feel very stuck. My relationship with my dad is swiftly moving toward estranged. However, I have a great and deepening relationship with the in-laws. How confusing! My pregnant body doesn't like all this emotional turmoil, so I have bad dreams and heartburn :(. Back at home now, sorting out my feelings and preparing to have some much-needed talks with my parents.

#84 of 124 Old 10-20-2011, 02:59 PM

I have some of this style from motherhood:

hipster

they are taller than their regular hipster ones, i get much better coverage in back.  I tried the fold-down ones but I don't want to fold them down or they seem too low for me!

#85 of 124 Old 10-20-2011, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Is anyone having a lot of lightheadness/fainting spells lately?

I took my son to preschool this morning and was talking to his teach about their upcoming field trip and BOOM! I passed out.  Don't know what the heck happened, it hit me out of nowhere!

Luckily, I had an appointment with my OB already scheduled for today.  My blood sugar is fine. My blood pressure if low (which is normal for me).  Nothing irregular or abnormal shows up in my bloodwork.  He says its 'just one of those pregnant things'

So is anyone else experiencing 'just one of these pregnant things'??

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#86 of 124 Old 10-20-2011, 03:18 PM

My mom had that happen when she was pregnant with my sister. Sister's position placed her in such a spot that she compressed Mom's vena cava and if she put enough pressure on it, Mom would pass out. Happened in the drug store once, and Mom woke up on her left side on the floor of the pharmacy. It was called Vena Cava Syndrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilichiki View Post

Is anyone having a lot of lightheadness/fainting spells lately?

I took my son to preschool this morning and was talking to his teach about their upcoming field trip and BOOM! I passed out.  Don't know what the heck happened, it hit me out of nowhere!

Luckily, I had an appointment with my OB already scheduled for today.  My blood sugar is fine. My blood pressure if low (which is normal for me).  Nothing irregular or abnormal shows up in my bloodwork.  He says its 'just one of those pregnant things'

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#87 of 124 Old 10-20-2011, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

aw chili, i'm sorry.  no, that's never really been my experience specific to pregnancy, but i do get dizzy spells from time to time when not pg, if i stand up too quickly or something like that.  (maybe it's vertigo from my height- hah!)  don't i remember that the same thing happened to you earlier in the first trimester?  i'm glad you were able to get an all-clear from your OB today (convenient timing!)

it'd be interesting to see what strange "pregnant things" people are dealing with.  i'm not currently experiencing anything too unusual these days (knock on wood), but in my second pregnancy, i had a NONSTOP eye twitch that started at 5 months and lasted through the end.  weirdest thing- my left eye would twitch from the moment i woke up in the morning, till i fell asleep at night.  it was so uncomfortable and annoying.  it stopped immediately after birth.  weird, huh?

i hope you don't have any more weird pregnancy things to contend with, chili, especially things that find you waking up on the floor!

#88 of 124 Old 10-20-2011, 03:26 PM

Chili - that stinks!  I've had the light-headed thing happen several times over the course of several pregnancies, but never to the point of fainting.  Man, I would be horrified to faint in front of strangers and have them over me when I came to.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#89 of 124 Old 10-20-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilichiki View Post

I've been quite light headed. No fainting, though (knock on wood). I was just thinking to myself as I walked down the hallway at work today if it was something I needed to be concerned about. 

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#90 of 124 Old 10-20-2011, 03:37 PM

Chili - How scary!  Glad to hear you're ok and nothing's chronically wrong... Three times earlier this pregnancy I *almost* fainted but managed to sit down and put my head between my legs just seconds before passing out, but it hasn't happened for at least two months.  All three times it had to do with my blood sugar (either too low or too high) but it doesn't sound like that's what was going on with you.  I wonder if it's to do with your baby's position... I hope you're feeling stronger now!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page