Baby's Position - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 68 Old 11-17-2011, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i do!  i had to order a new one, since my last one was shot.  honestly, the only time i get to sit down is at dinner time- the rest of the time, i'm on my feet.  (even now, i'm on the treadmill winky.gif).  it's 75cm, super big, which is comfy for me, cause i'm really tall.  i can't say it's helping with position much, since my baby is still breech, but it feels really good and supportive, and i know it's helping my posture.  it was really wonderful to sit on at the end of my last pregnancy, and i know i'll be thankful for it in the coming weeks.

the only drawback is that i'm SO FAR from my food on the dinner table!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#62 of 68 Old 11-18-2011, 05:57 AM

I mainly use mine to sit and watch tv as I'm on the same level as the sofa.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#63 of 68 Old 11-18-2011, 08:13 AM

I really, really need to blow mine up.

ETA:  Woah!  I don't know how to get rid of that "I voted" banner.  It's not showing up on my Edit Signature section.  Sorry for wasting space with a banner.  That's a little embarrassing.

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#64 of 68 Old 11-18-2011, 11:20 AM

I just realized I didn't have my exercise ball pumped up enough last night, so comfy now! :-)

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#65 of 68 Old 11-18-2011, 11:34 AM

FWIW, my awesome ex-doula and prenatal yoga instructor trainer says most people blow up their exercise balls too much for use in pregnancy and birth. They should be squishy and comfortable (which is different than how you would blow it up to use in exercising).

#66 of 68 Old 11-18-2011, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waluso View Post

FWIW, my awesome ex-doula and prenatal yoga instructor trainer says most people blow up their exercise balls too much for use in pregnancy and birth. They should be squishy and comfortable (which is different than how you would blow it up to use in exercising).

Really?  Because I thought your hips had to be above your knees so that your pelvis doesn't tip back and encourage a posterior baby.  Huh... Now I'm all confused...

Happy housewife and mom to big Z, born at home 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and happy to get back to trying!  
#67 of 68 Old 11-18-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montessorimama1 View Post

Really?  Because I thought your hips had to be above your knees so that your pelvis doesn't tip back and encourage a posterior baby.  Huh... Now I'm all confused...

I think you have to have the right size ball, but it shouldn't be blown up so that it is hard. My hips are definitely above my knees when I sit on my ball.

#68 of 68 Old 11-18-2011, 01:19 PM

And just to be clear, I'm not suggesting it should be half blown up or anything like that. But it should be comfortable to sit on for a long time. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page