Team Green... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 11-28-2011, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My family's too cheap for that...since they already bought one present for the baby shower, they feel they have appropriately fulfilled their baby-gifting duty. lol.gif

At least, that's what I'm hoping anyway.  LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montessorimama1 View Post

Nah, they're just going to wait until the baby's born and THEN buy the crap.

Sprat sleepytime.gif, Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig reading.gif, the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, and now Sprout fly-by-nursing1.gif walking, talking, how on earth is she this big?! Rainbow.gif on earth.gif begins with homebirth.jpg.

#32 of 33 Old 11-29-2011, 10:24 AM

Fortunately, I haven't really had any negative comments, but like lactatingmama, people do say " Oh I could never do that" etc, but I don't really take it the wrong way. Well, not usually anyway.. lol. I have told people that I'm having a baby when asked what I'm having. It usually catches them off guard for a few seconds.. lol. 

Sarah. Wife to Pearry, mama to Pearry II and Isabella Rose, born Breech at home and Benjamin, our January 1st bebe intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpg

#33 of 33 Old 11-30-2011, 08:00 AM

Reading this, part of me wishes that we hadn't told anyone the sex. Only one person at my baby shower bought from the registry, one out of probably twenty guests. Half the guests still got me awesome presents, like glass bottles over plastic ones, homemade gifts, diaper covers, as well as gifting me hand me downs, which I specifically asked for. The recent Moms were very understanding and kind, ensuring that they bought and gave what I would actually need. Everyone else bought me boatloads of awful frilly pink polyester blankets and clothes, that I spent half a day driving to various stores returning for probably half the price paid for them. And was still left with half a bag full of clothes that will likely never be worn. I hate that it seems so ungrateful, and I know that most people seemed to enjoy going out shopping for tiny gender specific baby clothes, but I really would have preferred the necessities I had registered for and don't have, like a thermometer, hairbrush, nail clippers, nose frida, gender neutral cotton blankets and t-shirts to go with longies and soakers, and breast feeding and cloth diapering accessories.

On a positive note, after my returning I was able to buy a much needed printer for the household, as that particular store didn't have many baby items I wanted to purchase, I have a gift card for BRU that can be used to purchase what is actually needed, and ended up with a gift card to a store I don't go to, so was able to give to my sister, who has needed a little extra financial help lately. And my friends and family got the chance to go crazy buying whatever they thought I should have, and likely won't notice that I will never use it. And I've spent under $100 preparing for our LO, thanks to the generous hand me downs we've been given.

I prefer to quietly do exactly what I want, and to let other people get joy out of doing what they want. Though if someone tries to criticize my way of doing things, they best be prepared for lectures and fact based arguments referring to specific studies and proven theories, until they are cornered with no room for argument.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page