Blood in urine? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-27-2011, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have been to the hospital for this same thing (on Sept 24Th). They did all the test and said that it's not an infection in my bladder or kidneys. BUT, my right kidney was inflamed, confirmed from an ultrasound. They also said there is nothing we can do but see if it's a kidney stone or maybe if baby is just laying on it and blocking drainage. They gave me percs for extreme pain (I asked many doctors the risk and if it was okay, me and my DH decided on this together) and nausea meds. Told me to get lots of rest and if it gets worse come back and we will have to drain it. 

Problem is...I am peeing blood clots, fairly large (half the size of a grain of rice). My urine is a cloudy dark red. I have made sure it's not vaginal bleeding, there is none. It's not painful to pee this time...and my kidneys do not hurt (any more than usual) but I am cramping on my right lower abdomen like a period cramp on one side. I'm sick of going to the doctor and them telling me the same thing. "We can't really do anything until baby comes". I take cranberry pills (drink cranberry juice), fiber, vitamin c and prenatals but no other medications. I eat a healthy diet. I don't know what else to do!! Has any one else gone threw this? What did you do that I'm not doing? 

I don't want to go to the hospital or doctors, it is to much money and we are already swimming in medical bills (baby and my health is worth it though). However, I don't feel like it's even close to that point. I'm just frustrated how many urine/blood/ultra sound test do I have to do before someone tells me whats going on?! :((((((( GAH.

I'm 30 weeks and 5 days.

Edit: I have also been to the doctor multiple times. Same thing no sign of infection, but visible blood. Every time before that has been painful while urinating. They have given me antibiotics to treat it and there was little change. They said they won't give me anymore antibiotics because obviously my body is not responding to them. I hadn't had any sign of this coming and all of a sudden today this is the most amount of blood I've seen ever. My right kidney has a dull pain on and off threw out the week, but I figured it was gas? because it came and went so fast at random times.

belly.gif Nova born on 12/15/11 
belly.gifCapri expected 1/26/14

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 10-27-2011, 01:51 AM

No advice just hugs.... I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. Could you go for a second opinion at a different dr?

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

#3 of 7 Old 10-27-2011, 06:05 AM

i had my very first experience with a kidney stone in mid september.  wow wow wow - talk about pain.  (and i've had 2 unmedicated births!)

i had only trace amounts of blood in my urine.   It never looked any different.  i never had ANY pain urinating.  even when passing the stone.  after talking to a friend who's passed 8 kidney stones they told he that there is only pain when the kidney stone is moving from the kidney down through the uriter - once it enters the bladder there is no pain in passing it.

i'm assuming they've tested your urine like crazy to be sure there in no infection.   

Are you taking the percoset regularly?  If so I'm wondering if it could be blocking any pain response that a kidney stone could be causing? pain from a kidney stone is often trackable - starting in the kidney and traveling down the side into the lower back hip and pelvic region.

Could you describe in more detail what id feels like when you pee?   is you urethra in constant pain/irritablilty though out the day? does it feel like you can never really empty you bladder? does drinking more water and flushing out your system help with discomfort or just cause more pain?

I would strongly recommend posting this quest in the "Health & Healing" section - there should be tons of moms that could offer some words of wisdom.

Creative - Wife to heartbeat.gif mother to 4  biggrinbounce.gif bouncy.gif jog.gif3rdtri.gifhomebirth.jpgwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gifhomeschool.gif and always praying.gif. (Learning Grace and patience)

#4 of 7 Old 10-27-2011, 11:01 AM

kelsey, i have no advice or words of wisdom, but i couldn't read this and not reply to say that i'm really sorry.  i hope you get to the bottom of it.  my instinct still makes me think kidney stone, but i'm no expert, and it sounds like you've had tons of doctors looking you over lately.

i really hope you feel better and that an answer becomes clear.  the baby's still looking good, right?

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#5 of 7 Old 10-27-2011, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Healthy_Baby View Post

Are you taking the percoset regularly?  If so I'm wondering if it could be blocking any pain response that a kidney stone could be causing? pain from a kidney stone is often trackable - starting in the kidney and traveling down the side into the lower back hip and pelvic region.

Could you describe in more detail what id feels like when you pee?   is you urethra in constant pain/irritablilty though out the day? does it feel like you can never really empty you bladder? does drinking more water and flushing out your system help with discomfort or just cause more pain?

I only took the percosets for a few days while I was resting because it was so unbearable, than it became okay enough I didn't feel I needed them any more. I haven't taken them for a month now. So I don't think any pain is being blocked, although I may have become tollerable to it?

I am having no problems peeing, there's just a lot of blood and always 1-4 blood clots each time (some rounded, some stringy). No pain, no irritability and I pee as frequent as being pregnant and using the bathroom goes. I drink tons of water and juice so I think that could help with flushing. But something is going on and causing a lot of bleeding and that's what I'm mostly worried about.

When I went to the hospital a month ago, the pain was horrible. I had back pain, and a throbbing feeling going from my kidneys out my back around the side and following down past the hipbone to my ueritha only on my right side. My uretha would throb and feel numb/cramping. I could hardly pee and had to go every 5 minutes. I had visable blood in my urine than too, but NOTHING like this amount and i didn't have clots then either.

The only slight pain I feel is right after I pee, and that's when the cramping on my right side starts for no more than 5 mintues and it doesn't happen everytime.

Thanks for all the well wishes ladies. AND yes, every time all the docs have said the baby is perfectly healthy and I feel her kicking so much so I'm not worried about her. They also said my cervix was tightly closed when I went to the hospital and no contractions. Her Heartbeat was strong and I heard it multiple times since than.

belly.gif Nova born on 12/15/11 
belly.gifCapri expected 1/26/14

#6 of 7 Old 10-27-2011, 08:35 PM

I had the same (it sounds like) symptoms right at the beginning of this pregnancy. They diagnosed it as hemorrhagic cystitis. It was really scary. I had no symptoms or signs of infection, nothing. Then I just had to pee in the middle of the night and- literally (and graphically, lol)- midstream it started hurting SO bad! There was blood so i went to the hospital. By the time I gave them my "sample" I was peeing pretty much straight blood, with clots. It stayed like that for a while but then eventually just went away. I am pretty sure they put me on antibiotics (along with heavy pain medication- actually didn't know I was pregnant at the time!) because the pain was so bad that I was sobbing in the hospital.

Also, 2 pregnancies ago, I swear, every single time I went to the OB, month after month, and eventually week after week, I ALWAYS had blood in my urine! They had to test it every single week but it never came back with positive for an infection. We had no clue why, and with those issues I was never in pain, fortunately, but yeah, I always had blood in my urine and they could never figure it out. They said I'd have to have a procedure done, after the baby was born, where they put a scope up the urethra to find out what the problem was. Fortunately it went away after the baby was born.

So, I don't have any real tips except to keep up with lots of cranberry (I did PURE- aka expensive, lol- cranberry juice), plus what the cranberry pills (like 9 a day), take good probiotics, drink tons of water and try to stay away from dairy and sugar, just in case you're more susceptible to infection right now.

HardCoreMom and Healthy_Baby like this.

Milly, stumbling horribly on God's path, married to my amazing Superhero, and mama to my 3 awesome boys, and my amazing rainbow baby girl!  Missing our Little One, lost 11/09, and our son, stillborn 11/10

#7 of 7 Old 10-29-2011, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I hope you feel better soon kelsey!!

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page