Is anyone else crying an awful lot? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 11-03-2011, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Starting near the end of the 2nd trimester I started crying a lot some days... and once I start I can't stop! It seems to be mostly over silly things, although if I really think about it there's almost always something deeper underneath what seems trivial.

(For example: Someone parked in front of my walkway and has been there for FOUR DAYS... I cried when I saw they hadn't moved their car today. I leave in the mornings in the dark and it's starting to get icy, so I don't like walking further than I have to because my balance is usually fairly 'off' in the mornings. When I really thought about it I think on some deep level I'm not feeling very welcome in my new neighborhood when people seem to continue to park in front of my house blocking the walkway even though they can see I'm hugely pregnant and it's a pain for me to get around without that walkway)

Normal pregnancy hormones? It does feel an awful lot like hormones, and reminds me of when I'd cry before my period when everything just seemed so HUGE and daunting.

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#2 of 26 Old 11-03-2011, 06:59 PM

Yes. Yes. And yes. You and I seem to be in the same boat a lot. (:

I cried today because my brother and his girlfriend chew with their mouths open. 

Not kidding. 

I also cry and cry and cry until my eyes are dried up. I seriously cannot stop when I start. It is AWFUL. I also cry when I hit too many red lights and panic about time because I like being early. *sigh* Pathetic I am. lol..

chilichiki likes this.

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#3 of 26 Old 11-04-2011, 07:30 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

I've been that way since I got pregnant... Crying for my mom when I was in Italy (I haven't lived at home in over 15 years),crying because I wasn't eating enough veggies and protein while on our trip to Southern Italy, crying over random YouTube videos, and yesterday my brother sent me a onsie that says "Born At Home" and I totally lost it.  I e-mailed him, sobbing.  So yeah, total hormone overload... You're not alone, cry away!!  :)

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and pregnant again EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!
#4 of 26 Old 11-04-2011, 08:33 AM

Oh thank heavens I am not alone! I have never been a girly girl who is all emotional and cries over every little thing. Even in the beginning of pregnancy I never really noticed an increase in emotions but the past two weeks have been terrible. My poor DH must think I am going crazy. I cry over nothing and have these horrible dreams that DH is leaving me and I wake up feeling depressed and cry all day. I don't know what is wrong with me. I am super tired and go to bed aroun 8:30 or 9 most nights and DH of course isn't tired so he stays up and I cry thinking that there must be a reason he doesn't want to go to bed with me. Ugh, between being pregnant and the year of fertility treatments and injections before this I just want to feel normal again!

#5 of 26 Old 11-04-2011, 03:14 PM

I have never been so weepy in a pregnancy. It's driving me bonkers.

I don't know if it's related or not, but also lately I've been having more depressive episodes. I've been in a complete funk lately over being utterly unable to find any way to actually get from here to my dream job. I can't even afford the "little" steps that would at least put me in the same industry.

Oh well, I guess that's better than weeping over random strangers deaths/tragedies. It was getting really bad.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#6 of 26 Old 11-04-2011, 04:00 PM

Last weekend I cried through much of the movie "Bridesmaids"....which is supposed to be hilarious.  This morning I cried at a video on facebook of an autistic boy who got to play in the last BBall game and made 6 3-pointers in 4 minutes.  I usually never cry!

#7 of 26 Old 11-04-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneboymum View Post

This morning I cried at a video on facebook of an autistic boy who got to play in the last BBall game and made 6 3-pointers in 4 minutes. 

omg, I absolutely BAWLED when I saw that video!  I even told my friend who sent it to take me off her "moving videos" e-mail list because I couldn't handle so much sobbing...

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and pregnant again EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!
#8 of 26 Old 11-13-2011, 05:36 PM

I'm not that weepy normally either, but in my first trimester I'd cry all the time (I remember several times my 'melting point' was not thinking I was getting enough protein...), and recently I've been super-emotional over weird/random things...today I started crying watching a one-minute-long video of a Belgian boy saluting Canadian troops!  ONE MINUTE LONG!!!  Or that "How British People Greet You at the Airport" video/commercial?  All I have to do is hear one of the songs from it and I start crying....omigosh....Or other things, like worrying that my husband will leave because I'm too high-maintenance and needy when I'm pregnant (and he's attested that - even while pregnant - I'm like the lowest-maintenance person he knows.  Though it's been a bit tougher recently because I'm starting to have hip issues, but still....)

Theatre-techie at heart, married to a theatre-techie hubby,and mama to an incredible baby girl, (h20homebirth.gifJan 14, 2012) and expecting a surprise in July 2014!  We are having a blastbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif, andfemalesling.GIF.
#9 of 26 Old 11-13-2011, 05:49 PM

I've been getting offended and annoyed by stuff that I wouldn't normally get upset about, and it's resulted in crying, but I haven't had any sentimental, Hallmark commercials crying or anything like that.

energy.gifDD 06/05, angel3.gif DD 02/07, bouncy.gif DS 02/08, babygirl.gif DD 01/12

#10 of 26 Old 11-28-2011, 05:22 AM

Bumping..yesterday I cried because we came back from 'vacation' and my brother and his girlfriend are so messy I can't handle it. No joke..I cried because they are slobs. I absolutely despise living with other people. 

#11 of 26 Old 11-28-2011, 06:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Yesterday I cried because my children ate the rest of the breakfast sausages when I asked them to save one for me. Then I cried because my crying made my little boy feel guilty about finishing them off.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#12 of 26 Old 11-28-2011, 08:41 AM

I threw a huge fit yesterday because I couldn't find the pump to inflate my yoga ball... It was a huge crying, yelling, throwing things around the room fit.

#13 of 26 Old 11-28-2011, 09:32 AM

I've been in a super duper funk. Feeling lonely and even having trouble connecting to DH. Not crying to much, but definitely feeling blue. Glad you ladies are here. grouphug.gif

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#14 of 26 Old 11-28-2011, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

@writinglove if you're still in Seattle, probably the weather doesn't help... I'm in BC and already the grey, the cold, the hormones, and the fact that everyone in town basically goes into hibernation around this time... 

Makes me very, very grateful for the internet. I've been up since the wee hours of the morning, I'm exhausted and just had a cry now - I hope this goes away after the baby is born, but I'm worried.

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#15 of 26 Old 11-28-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarwoman View Post

@writinglove if you're still in Seattle, probably the weather doesn't help... I'm in BC and already the grey, the cold, the hormones, and the fact that everyone in town basically goes into hibernation around this time... 

Makes me very, very grateful for the internet. I've been up since the wee hours of the morning, I'm exhausted and just had a cry now - I hope this goes away after the baby is born, but I'm worried.

You called it -- still in Seattle with the doom and gloom that I love/hate. I need to get my full-spectrum light out, just thinking about doing so this morning. (I've been fantasizing about a tropical vacation -- hah! like I could make a plane ride to even LA.)

Thank God for the internet. As for PPD, I plan to encapsulate my placenta. Is that something you can look into? I also have a great pregnancy affirmation mp3 that always lifts my mood and calms me down. Ping me if you are interested.

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

#16 of 26 Old 11-28-2011, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

I'm hoping to do encapsulation... there is one woman close-ish who does it for you for a hefty sum (and she's about 3 hours away so would charge gas to, urg)... so probably can't go that route.

I'm not sure how 'up to it' I'll be right after birth or if I can get DH to do it (or perhaps my mom). I usually get seasonal depression at least a little during the winter, and I have one of those light box things too! I think they're a must-have for this part of the world. 

The random crying freaks me out because it reminds me SO much of actual depression. The foggy pregnancy brain is really similar too, and the sleep deprivation doesn't help.

#17 of 26 Old 12-22-2011, 09:01 PM

A friend texted me this morning asking if we picked out a name yet. I told her the name I think we're going with and she said it was a terrible name, that she'd be devastated if we didn't use the name my husband chose (a name I've been harassed about for 9 months now).... and I just started bawling and haven't been able to shake off the crying all day today. Feeling lonely, disconnected from the baby & the whole family, sigh :'( 

#18 of 26 Old 12-22-2011, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

I am SO sorry someone said that to you! It's understandable that it would set you off...

In my humblest opinion your friend's comments are truly awful things to say when one has been trusted with knowing the potential name of another's child. Really awful. I would have cried too.

Sending you some peace tonight mama, maybe some moments alone when baby is rolling around so the two of you can feel connected again...

#19 of 26 Old 12-22-2011, 11:18 PM

i am so sorry your friend said that to you.  i agree with cedar- it's an honor to be told a baby's name in advance, and your friend should have recognized that.  i totally understand why you'd feel hurt- it's like a double slap- first, that something so special as your baby's name should be insulted, and second, that your friend treated you so disrespectfully. 

be kind to yourself and stay close to your babe- you'll work it out together.  you and baby have something really special, and no one, no matter what they say, can take that away.  stay strong- i'm sending you peace, too!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#20 of 26 Old 12-23-2011, 06:12 AM

Thank you guys, that really means a lot to me this morning

#21 of 26 Old 12-23-2011, 08:29 AM

What a really awful way to treat a friend!  This is *your* baby and *you* are they only one that has to love the name.  All naysayers should keep quiet.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#22 of 26 Old 12-23-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post

it's an honor to be told a baby's name in advance, and your friend should have recognized that.  

Agreed! I'm sorry your friend was so hurtful. 

#23 of 26 Old 12-23-2011, 10:09 AM

ok, your stupid friend made ME cry.  I'm soooo sorry she put you through that, what an awful thing to do to a pregnant woman.  Now i can see why hubby is so strict about keeping our names a secret.  Hugs to you!!

#24 of 26 Old 12-23-2011, 04:00 PM

Things I've cried over this week:

Spilled milk, which I slipped and fell on

I couldn't navigate Costco.com's online photo center fast enough because the mouse was breaking

I ripped part of a present when I was wrapping it

A salesman knocked on our door even though we have a "No soliciting sign"

Besides getting hurt on the floor from the milk, I'm pretty sure the other things on that list are ridiculous to cry over

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

#25 of 26 Old 12-23-2011, 07:06 PM

I got so tired of people bashing the names I liked that I stopped telling people. I will announce the name after she's born because I am so tired of disapproval and the like. Tired of crying over it. I've stopped the crying part, mostly. Now it's just like a bad case of PMS, I am IRRITABLE! 

#26 of 26 Old 12-24-2011, 04:44 PM

I've been really emotional as well. I have been really worried about it because I get pretty severe PPD. But I'm thankful I'm doing encapsulation this time.

Sarah. Wife to Pearry, mama to Pearry II and Isabella Rose, born Breech at home and Benjamin, our January 1st bebe intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page