3rd trimester bodily functions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 11-05-2011, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My baby is sitting VERY low and sometimes I feel some really weird pressure around my cervix - so, lately when I've gone to do #2, I've had a bit of trouble erm, relaxing enough to get things out! I'm almost afraid to strain in the slightest because it increases that feeling of pressure. When I pee, sometimes I have to rock back and forth to get the baby's back off my bladder or head off my urethra - or whatever it is that causes things to kind of 'trickle' out at times. Anyone else experiencing either of these things?

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#2 of 25 Old 11-05-2011, 06:57 PM

i definitely have to move around or stand up to get all the pee out.  sometimes I will pee, get up, move around slightly and then be able to sit down and pee a full pee again.  lol.

#3 of 25 Old 11-05-2011, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

It's making me feel like an old lady!

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#4 of 25 Old 11-05-2011, 08:45 PM

On the days where I've had the worst pelvic pressure, I've been a little freaked out & sure that somehow going #2 will cause me to end up with a baby.

As for peeing...I am so sick of standing up &/or just walking a couple steps & feeling like I need to go again. Especially since it's almost always at bed time and I can't sleep feeling that way, but 95% of the time, I barely need to go.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#5 of 25 Old 11-06-2011, 05:50 AM

I've occasionally had to get in the shower and squat while urinating to feel like my bladder was getting emptied...the pressure is so weird, I can never really tell. I rarely sit on the toilet anymore and hover over it instead. 

#6 of 25 Old 11-06-2011, 09:43 AM

Oh geez, am I ever glad to see this thread! I feel like I've experienced all of this, but as a first timer, wasn't sure if it was just me....I already feel like I have to pee ALL the time; I can't imagine how it'll be in the next couple of months. 

Mama to DD born 1/28/12, and baby #2 on the way in January '14!

#7 of 25 Old 11-06-2011, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post

As for peeing...I am so sick of standing up &/or just walking a couple steps & feeling like I need to go again.

yeahthat.gif  And as for pelvic pressure, it's not so much when I'm in the bathroom, but when I've been sitting for a while and the baby has been active, and then I stand up... Holy cow, it feels like the entire baby is going to come right out, or like I have a bowling ball sitting in my pelvis.  Most bizarre feeling ever, how can a 3 lb. baby feel like she's 20 lbs.???

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z (2 1/2)
m/c 07/14 and Baby EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!

#8 of 25 Old 11-08-2011, 01:11 PM

Yes, yes and yes. Also is it just me or does it sometimes feel like this baby is going to come out of my butt? One night I was so paranoid something was wrong because it literaaly felt like she was clawing her way out of my butt and I didn't know what to do. I can only imagine what the next few months bring!

#9 of 25 Old 11-08-2011, 02:00 PM

Yes about the peeing.  People gave me 2 suggestions during my first pregnancy that tend to be sure-fire for me though: 

1.  lean all the way forward when you're peeing, so that you can put your hands on the floor.  (You don't actually have to put them on the floor if you're out in public or are just grossed out by this.)  This will help lift the baby up off of your bladder.

2.  pee standing up in the shower.  Obviously you can't do this every time, but... what a relief when you can.

I'm not having the digestive system crushing yet this time, though last time I had a lot of issues with that.  And it sucked.  :P

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#10 of 25 Old 11-08-2011, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post

On the days where I've had the worst pelvic pressure, I've been a little freaked out & sure that somehow going #2 will cause me to end up with a baby.

As for peeing...I am so sick of standing up &/or just walking a couple steps & feeling like I need to go again. Especially since it's almost always at bed time and I can't sleep feeling that way, but 95% of the time, I barely need to go.

I hate that!!! I have this urge to pee immediately I feel so full....and I when I go, its a drop.  Really?!  And then five minutes later the feeling is right back again.

I also think this baby must be sitting incredibly low all the time.  I joke that if I get too relaxed it feels like he might just drop out.  Very sore down there!!

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#11 of 25 Old 11-10-2011, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

However this baby is laying, when I lay down to go to sleep, I feel like I have to pee all. night. long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldandsleepy View Post

2.  pee standing up in the shower.  Obviously you can't do this every time, but... what a relief when you can.

So gross but this has been a guilty pleasure of mine this pregnancy.  It's the only way my bladder will actually feel empty!

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#12 of 25 Old 11-10-2011, 09:55 AM

I have been burping like CRAZY lately. I've had increased burping all through pregnancy, but during third trimester it's been nuts and connected with the heartburn. Burping makes the heartburn worse crap.gif

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#13 of 25 Old 11-10-2011, 05:47 PM

I'm experiencing the same thing. One thing that I swear is new for me this time is my pelvic floor muscles or whatever muscles are wrapped in and around my inner area feel like they are being ripped apart when I turn in bed or attempt to get up from bed or from sitting on the floor. Anyone else getting this too? 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#14 of 25 Old 11-10-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr View Post

Also is it just me or does it sometimes feel like this baby is going to come out of my butt?

i have felt this lately, too.  it's totally disorienting, and i've never experienced it in any prior pregnancy.

also, i have the toots.  as long as we're confessing.  : )

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#15 of 25 Old 11-11-2011, 06:28 AM

I'm not burping much most days-- which is good, because whenever I burp right now, acid comes up.  There have been a couple of days where this little guy has turned so he's just totally crushing my stomach and on those days it's just a constant burpstorm/acidstorm and heartburn.  Bleh.  Also, I am gassy!  I don't know if I can really blame this on pregnancy or if it's just a side effect of the huge amount of fiber I've been eating.

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#16 of 25 Old 11-11-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post

I'm experiencing the same thing. One thing that I swear is new for me this time is my pelvic floor muscles or whatever muscles are wrapped in and around my inner area feel like they are being ripped apart when I turn in bed or attempt to get up from bed or from sitting on the floor. Anyone else getting this too? 

I am right there with you. Excrutiating!! Half of the time I need my husbands help to get out of bed.

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#17 of 25 Old 11-12-2011, 04:23 PM

Kindermama, I'm there too. Not the floor part so much, but rolling in bed. Ugh. Sometimes it's ok but sometimes, especially if I move my upper or lower body more than the rest, it's feels like something is ripping inside. And trying to lie half on my back to nurse ds3 I have to put my legs together or it feels like I'm pulling my pelvis apart.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#18 of 25 Old 11-12-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softlysinging View Post

i definitely have to move around or stand up to get all the pee out.  sometimes I will pee, get up, move around slightly and then be able to sit down and pee a full pee again.  lol.

The "prego pee pee dance"! Lol I have to do something similar.  

Wife partners.gif  mama to our son (01/03/2012) babyboy.gif  for bf bfinfant.gif & familybed1.gif

#19 of 25 Old 11-14-2011, 10:03 AM

Anyone else sneezing up a storm? It feels like karma for all the allergies I never had. whistling.gif

DH has been kind enough to do most of the bending over for me. I can still manage my shoes and socks, but I really appreciate not having to pull the fruit out of the bottom crisper. Bending over definitely causes me some bizarre discomfort along my sides. 

I have no symptoms that point to premature labor, but all of the softening in my pelvis definitely makes me nervous at time. Fortunately I am still able to get out of bed with relatively few problems. I'm trying to remember to roll up gently from my sides, but sometimes I forget I am pregnant and do a sit up to get up -- oooffff!!!!irked.gif

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#20 of 25 Old 11-14-2011, 12:49 PM

This may be TMI, but in the past few days my vagina has been very itchy. It doesn't seem to be any sort of infection, but I'll talk to the OB tomorrow just to be sure. The internet tells me it's probably hormone related. Anyone else with this problem?

#21 of 25 Old 11-14-2011, 12:50 PM

We went to test out sofa beds this past weekend.  I must have been a sight to see, moaning and groaning as I rolled in and out of several mattresses.  One was so low that I had to ask DH and my MIL to pull me up because there was no way I was coming up by myself.  Really graceful, for sure...

#22 of 25 Old 11-14-2011, 01:42 PM

Ha ha ha! Nice to see this thread! I have to get up after taking a BM before I can pee, even though I know I need to. I've been trying to hold up my uterus (with my hands) and lean forward sometimes when I need to pee, but that doesn't always work and I have to get up and wait for a little while. Going in the shower sounds nice, I'll have to try that! I never seem to be able to get it all out. At bedtime, I have to pee at least twice in a short period of time. LOL!

Definitely getting much more awkward. I have trouble washing my feet while standing in the shower (or loading/unloading the dishwasher, or searching for something in the fridge, ...) without getting pain and/or BHs.

My baby is very low, DS was like this too. I call her "this rock in my belly". I think that makes things harder with bodily functions and PSD, but I also feel thankful not to have baby kicking my lungs, I feel more of a sideways leg stretching that makes my belly stick out funny just above and next to my belly button.

L'lee reading.gif ~ C geek.gif ~ E broc1.gif May, 2006 ~ Rjoy.gif12/29/2011nocirc.gif goorganic.jpg ecbaby2.gif homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#23 of 25 Old 12-12-2011, 03:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montessorimama1 View Post

...moaning and groaning as I rolled in and out of several mattresses...

This is me all day now! I went to the drug store today, and some jerk parked right.next. to my drivers side door.  I had to climb my large butt through the passenger side to get in my car.  Needless to say, there was a lot of groaning and grumbling going on.  And getting out of bed now is absolutely the least graceful thing I have ever seen.

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#24 of 25 Old 12-12-2011, 05:23 PM

I'm not up for going into details right now, but let's just saw that I cried on the toilet last night. greensad.gif

I'm eating prunes with renewed vigor (but not too many) and trying to remember to take my psyllium daily.

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#25 of 25 Old 12-12-2011, 07:02 PM

oh no... how's your consumption of good fats?  cashews can be a life saver, and also reducing dairy intake.  hope you're feeling better soon!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page