November Chat Thread - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 88 Old 11-08-2011, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post

well, THAT sucked.  i've been MIA around here for the last 10 days because we're now just FINALLY getting power restored after that huge snowstorm hit the Northeast (US).  on october 29, we got 23 inches of snow here, which would be no problem in january, but in october, brought down our forests (and power lines!) like dominoes.  it was amazing destruction.

we were without power, heat, and water (including flushing toilets).  low temps in the 20s (F).  it was super hard, and on day 4, we finally had to find other shelter.  we moved in with my ILs, out-of-state, and drove back twice a day (5 hours) to take care of our dogs, cat, and chickens.  SUCK-OH!

anyway, i'm back!  it's amazing how little you can think about being 7 months pregnant when you're just trying to help your family get through the day.  i'm so thankful to be home!

Holy cow!!  And here I am freezing because it's in the 50's and we don't have heating (I'm a SoCal wuss).  You poor thing, I can't imagine having to go through all of that!  The worst had to be the toilet issue... ugh!!  Glad to hear things are back to normal and that you're back online!!

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z (2 1/2)
m/c 07/14 and Baby EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 88 Old 11-08-2011, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montessorimama1 View Post

Holy cow!!  And here I am freezing because it's in the 50's and we don't have heating (I'm a SoCal wuss).  You poor thing, I can't imagine having to go through all of that!  The worst had to be the toilet issue... ugh!!  Glad to hear things are back to normal and that you're back online!!

i hear ya on the SoCal thing- i grew up in the LA area, and my whole family back there freaks out when the temps drop to 50 degrees.  for us out here, that's t-shirt weather!  ;)

yeah, the toilet was hard, but honestly, the cold was the worst.  it's weird to walk around in your own house, watching your breath in the air.  and everything in the house gets cold- the walls, the clothes in your dresser...  there's just no way to warm up, and everything you touch only makes you colder.  i think we're really going to consider getting a wood stove, so we never have to be that cold again!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#33 of 88 Old 11-08-2011, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My nerves/anxiety have been kicking into over drive this trimester.

I have a molar that has been broken since the second or third month of pregnancy.  Luckily, it has never given me any real pain, just occasional aches that can be soothed by tylenol. 

But in the past few days, i have been convinced that I have an abcess and need to get it pulled immediately.  Which would be easy, if I had insurance!! I have always worried horribly about things, but now that there is a little one growing inside me I think I am ten times worse!

There is no real reason for me to think this other than a bitter-ish taste in my mouth.  But I have had this taste for months now and have always chalked it up to pregnancy until now. Other than that, things are good.

I am supposed to take my damned Glucola test tomorrow morning and have to go sometime in this next week for my Rhogam shot.  If I managed to find a dentist that will actually let me do a payment plan, I get to add getting a tooth pulled to the list.

Jees, this trimester is turning out to be so much fun!!

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#34 of 88 Old 11-08-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilichiki View Post
If I managed to find a dentist that will actually let me do a payment plan, I get to add getting a tooth pulled to the list.

It's not horribly ideal, but a lot of dentists accept Care Credit (assuming you're in the states).  As long as you can pay the majority off within their interest-free time limit, it's not a bad way to go.  Better than being miserable.  ::hugs::

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#35 of 88 Old 11-08-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:

If I managed to find a dentist that will actually let me do a payment plan, I get to add getting a tooth pulled to the list.

Extractions are cheap.  Dentist wanted $1200 for the last root canal/crown.  I said "how much to pull it?" 

"$60"

"yep.  pull it!"

#36 of 88 Old 11-09-2011, 03:37 PM

Unfortunately I do not qualify for care credit.  I spent today calling dentist after dentist trying to find one that would personally work with me on a payment plan.  Of the 25 dentists I called, I found ONE office-Aspen Dental.  I am going there tomorrow for an exam/x rays free of charge.  After that, they will discuss payment plans with me.  I am hoping it is not something ridiculous and that they won't put me through all sorts of loops to get this done.  Everywhere I called the price for the extraction ranges from around $120-400...

More than I wanted to pay, but still cheaper than a $1600 root canal to save the tooth!

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#37 of 88 Old 11-09-2011, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

@chili, you have probably thought of this already, but I couldn't resist mentioning it: Have you looked into the dental schools, if there a dental school at a university nearby? They also have reduced rates. 

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#38 of 88 Old 11-10-2011, 10:56 AM

The closest dental school is about two hours away...and I'm sort of nervous about going there!

I went to Aspen today and was told that yes, the tooth is broken, but there is no abcess. Yet.  Its just a really awful cavity all the way down to the nerve.  Of course they recommended a root canal, I told them I wanted an extraction.

The extraction would be $210, and of course, they do not do payment plans unless it is $300 or more.

As of right now, the tooth is still hanging in there....

I have to decide if I want to try and borrow some money and get it pulled for cheaper elsewhere, or get some cavities filled along with the extraction just to bump the cost up to $300.

Very inconvenient timing with the holidays coming up!

#39 of 88 Old 11-10-2011, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Ooooff! Good luck, girl. So sorry about this unpleasant turn of events. Thinking of you. hug.gif

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#40 of 88 Old 11-10-2011, 12:42 PM

That's really a lot for an extraction, yikes! Definitely not the greatest timing :(

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#41 of 88 Old 11-10-2011, 12:43 PM

On another note, I have some kind of cold/flu virus and I'm just miserable. Between hip pain from pressure sleeping on one side or the other and not being able to breathe (AND DH is sick with the same thing) it's not a happy time over here at the moment.

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#42 of 88 Old 11-10-2011, 03:53 PM

I took the girls to their Big Sister class last night. They had a really great time. It was super cute. My youngest (3) keeps telling people we're naming the baby Justin Bieber Prince. It cracks me up since she has no idea who he is. We also just started talking about how mommy will be feeding the baby & the girls just can't stop giggling about it, saying it's just the funniest thing they've ever heard - to feed from your "boobies." Here's them last night.. they melted my heart a little bit. 

#43 of 88 Old 11-11-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codymari3 View Post

I don't post here to often but.....i need to vent...

I'm pregnant, hormonal, and _TIRED_. The worst combination possible for me...
I don't know if it is this very negative combination of circumstances or my husband truly being a pain in the you know what!

He's 35y/o but i swear sometimes i married a 14y/o little boy. He plays Lineage 2 (similar to World of Warcraft) _A_LOT_! Because of a crumby situation (to long of a story to type) he is home full time with my two older children (ages 2 and 4.5), i can only guess what goes on during the day but those poor kids never leave our apartment during the day. They get to go outside on a 3x5 enclosed patio if the weather is nice but that is it! I mean seriously i can see the playground from that patio so it isn't that far! I know he has his own health issues but this just isn't fair to our kids!
Then yesterday, as usual he's on the computer when i get home (about 4), gets off long enough to eat a bowl of cereal with us for dinner (i was to tired to cook after working an 8hr day outside of the house on very little sleep) then goes back to playing his game till sometime around 3am! He woke my 2y/o up with his talking, she then refused to go to sleep for over an hour and also insisted in sleeping on top of me so that meant no sleep for me....and i can guarantee that he will complain about being tired, not feeling well and the kids being a pain all day when i get home tonight.....
ARG!!!!!!!!!
I honestly don't care if he plays the game some but seriously....
All i ask for is balance, is that to much?

Have you talked to him about it? My husband is a big time gamer and he used to come home and HAVE to play a game of League of Legends (a Warcraft-world game) before he could play with his daughter or help me or anything. If he didn't, he'd be a super grouch. I told him that I'm totally fine with him playing games, but when he first gets home that's when I'm dealing with dinner and our daughter is missing him and he needs to just wait until later to play. He didn't even realize that it was a problem! He now just plays mostly after she goes to bed.

My point is that he may not even realize that it's a problem. My husband has never been stay at home, but I'm sure that if he was he wouldn't even think of going half the places we go. Maybe if you made a schedule for him (e.g. story time Wednesdays at 10am), then he'd be more likely to take the kids out? Also meal planning is great. I've had my husband make a meal on our meal plan because I couldn't get home in time and when everything is ready to go (like the recipe is chosen and out, the meat is thawed, etc) and he just has to put it together and cook it, he's much more likely to get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imakecutebabies View Post

I took the girls to their Big Sister class last night. They had a really great time. It was super cute. My youngest (3) keeps telling people we're naming the baby Justin Bieber Prince. It cracks me up since she has no idea who he is. We also just started talking about how mommy will be feeding the baby & the girls just can't stop giggling about it, saying it's just the funniest thing they've ever heard - to feed from your "boobies." Here's them last night.. they melted my heart a little bit. 

That is so cute! Where did you find a Big Sister class? I'd love to take my daughter to one of those!

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#44 of 88 Old 11-11-2011, 04:35 PM

Ugh... My MIL is arriving tonight for the weekend, so I actually have to make the house look presentable, and cook... *sigh*  I'm soooooooooooooooo tired and heavy and sore...

Anybody else feel like their little one is beginning to not fit in the womb?  Kicks have been replaced by downright shoves!

#45 of 88 Old 11-11-2011, 05:51 PM

good luck with the visit this weekend!  sounds like after this weekend, you'll be ready for a nice, warm bath.  i hope things go well, and that baby cooperates-  maybe the distraction will help with the discomfort?

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#46 of 88 Old 11-11-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:

I'm soooooooooooooooo tired and heavy and sore...

yeahthat.gif 

and with the sinus congestion, (so, the inevitable mouth-wheezing) I'm a hot mess :P

#47 of 88 Old 11-12-2011, 07:21 AM

I have a cold I have been unable to shake, and have not been sleeping well because of the congestion.  Last night I took a unisom and slept from 11p - 8:30a and only woke once to pee!  

#48 of 88 Old 11-12-2011, 08:50 AM

Oh my gosh HCM I just noticed your post on the last page, I must have not read it when I posted last.  That sounds so totally miserable!  Glad that it is all over and you can be at home with heat.

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
#49 of 88 Old 11-12-2011, 12:04 PM

I was just telling my husband this morning that this kid has seemed to suddenly get very strong!  Don't know what the heck he has been doing, but lately some of his gymnastics are killing me!

#50 of 88 Old 11-12-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:

Anybody else feel like their little one is beginning to not fit in the womb?  Kicks have been replaced by downright shoves!

Yes. When I stand up Im starting to get this heavy feeling in the pelvis area and his butt is pushing on my ribs lol. after stretching out a bit I feel okay....

Wife partners.gif  mama to our son (01/03/2012) babyboy.gif  for bf bfinfant.gif & familybed1.gif

#51 of 88 Old 11-14-2011, 06:49 AM

Quote:

Ugh I am so feeling that! I feel like my belly is to it's absolute capacity and I know it's going to get even bigger! How can that possibly work?

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#52 of 88 Old 11-14-2011, 07:51 AM

We had a rough string of days for health here... on Tuesday, my 2 year old was sent home from preschool because he had a goopy eye and low level cold symptoms and they suspected pink eye.  Wednesday he stayed home from school with that.  Thursday he was feeling better so he went back, my husband and I both started to feel a little sick.  I had the goo eye for a couple days too.  Friday, the little guy seemed totally recovered from the possible pinkeye... and then came down with a terrible terrible stomach ailment.  Saturday, he was better, but I got the stomach flu.  Sunday, he & I were both better... but my husband had full blown miserable cold symptoms.  Uuuugh.  Come on!  This week has GOT to be better healthwise or I'm filing a complaint.  :P

My stomach problems started with really wretched upper GI cramping.  It was so painful and was in waves-- I remember thinking, "if I was feeling this lower down, I would think I was in labor."  Seriously that level of intensity.  I did have some strong BHs over the weekend (think I was partially dehydrated on Sat-Sun) but that's subsided now, for which I'm thankful.

And yeah, I definitely have that running out of space feeling too.

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#53 of 88 Old 11-14-2011, 08:30 AM

Ugh I couldn't imagine having the stomach flu right now! Just from coughing I keep thinking I've torn my stomach muscles in half, that must have been so painful :(  Hope you are feeling better!

#54 of 88 Old 11-16-2011, 07:33 PM

Had my check up and ultrasound today.  Was informed by the doctor that my damned glucose test came back at 156, which means he now wants me to do that awful 3 hour test ASAP.  Also found out the little man is weighing approximately 3 lb 11 oz...which is fifteen days ahead of schedule.  With just under 11 weeks to go (I'm due late Jan/early Feb), I am more than a little worried about the possibility of a big baby!!!

My first son was born exactly on his due date and weighed 5 lb 15 oz....I am thinking this one is going to go past that, which is fine...as long as he doesn't double it!!

I know if I am diabetic, that would account for his bigger size at the moment.  But honestly, I haven't been eating all that crazy so I worry.  I was overweight to begin with and have lost about twenty pounds during this pregnancy.  The past two months I have stayed at the same weight, but this kid is growing!!!

I swear, pregnancy is making me even more paranoid and stressed than before!!

#55 of 88 Old 11-16-2011, 11:33 PM

A random thought/vent

So every now and then I'll wake up with a pounding heart to the point of it hurting. Even when I'm sitting around it will happen from the middle of no where....besides my random pelvic pain. I don't understand whats wrong or if anything is wrong. Every lab test Iv taken comes back good, BP is good and so on.  So what in the world is happening to me? I just don't want anything to effect my little guy. The stress from it puts me in tears bawling.gif

Wife partners.gif  mama to our son (01/03/2012) babyboy.gif  for bf bfinfant.gif & familybed1.gif

#56 of 88 Old 11-17-2011, 06:30 AM

If all the tests come back normal, it's probably fine.  Try not to stress!  Sometimes that happens in pregnancy.  

#57 of 88 Old 11-17-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:

Had my check up and ultrasound today.  Was informed by the doctor that my damned glucose test came back at 156, which means he now wants me to do that awful 3 hour test ASAP.  Also found out the little man is weighing approximately 3 lb 11 oz...which is fifteen days ahead of schedule.  With just under 11 weeks to go (I'm due late Jan/early Feb), I am more than a little worried about the possibility of a big baby!!!

My first son was born exactly on his due date and weighed 5 lb 15 oz....I am thinking this one is going to go past that, which is fine...as long as he doesn't double it!!

I know if I am diabetic, that would account for his bigger size at the moment.  But honestly, I haven't been eating all that crazy so I worry.  I was overweight to begin with and have lost about twenty pounds during this pregnancy.  The past two months I have stayed at the same weight, but this kid is growing!!!

I swear, pregnancy is making me even more paranoid and stressed than before!!

Did you read the article Devaskyla posted on the innacuracies of the GTT????  It's a must-read before you decide what to do next...

#58 of 88 Old 11-17-2011, 10:34 AM

Not baby related, but I wanted to share...

My old man and I are taking our daughter (leaving our son in the dust!) to her first trip to WDW in two days!  I've been busy preparing our dining options as the whole trip, for me, will be 1. eating, 2. bench warming, 3. waiting in line and then crossing over to watch my girl have the time of her life, 4. eating, 5. bench warming.  Lather rinse repeat. :)  I can't wait to see her face as she sees that big castle for the first time.  It's going to be an awesome experience!  FWIW, I always vowed that I would never bow to the Disney dynasty, but my girl is such a girly-girl that loves all things shiney and sparkly and covered in glitter...so this is going to be something to fill her dreams for years to come.  I. Can't. Wait. !!  Does it show my age that I'm most looking forward to the Muppet Show?  Love those guys. :)

My only other addition to this thread is that I think I might be done with Zumba until post-babe.  Trying to keep up with my class is getting to be more and more difficult and I nearly walked out last night.  Sigh.  The good news is that I go to classes at our Jewish community center and daycare is provided with our monthly fee.  So even if I use that hour to just walk on the treadmill for a mile I'll still have the rest of the time to take a shower and/or sit in the sauna.  God bless daycare!  10 weeks to go...

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#59 of 88 Old 11-17-2011, 10:36 AM

Imakecutebabies - we did the sibling class with my daughter two years ago (she was just shy of 4 when my son was born) and it was so cool to see her interest level.  She's also the only one of the kids that when asked how babies eat, responded with "mommy's breasts."  The other kids were already prepared for bottles and formula.  Odd, but true.  I think all our girls would get along swimmingly!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#60 of 88 Old 11-17-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:

Did you read the article Devaskyla posted on the innacuracies of the GTT????  It's a must-read before you decide what to do next...

I haven't read it, but the fact that I was borderline gestational diabetic last pregnancy AND my mom has diabetes AND my maternal grandma AND my maternal great grandma  had it, I'm guess the possibility of me having it this time is fairly high.

I think my doctor is pretty set in his ways too...this is the only thing I have butted heads with him on.  I hate, hate, hate the damned glucose tests.  I'm thinking if I want to go another route, I am going to have to make an appointment and personally go in there and discuss it with him.  Honestly, part of me just wants to say "ok, I am diabetic, screw this three hour test, lets just go straight to the dietician and having me test my sugar."  Even if I am not, the diet and finger pokes wouldn't hurt me.

Maybe thats what I will do....

Of course Thanksgiving would be next week. Damn.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page