Funny but painful story II - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 11-07-2011, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Following Chilichiki's lead here:

I'm 30 weeks along now, but HUGE as I'm carrying 3 babies -- much bigger than I was with my dd at 41 weeks -- and my belly button has popped (see pic in the Ladies who took a little bit longer to get pregnant thread). My tank tops ride up, leaving half the belly exposed all day, but I have one zipper fleece that still zips up over my girth in case I get cold or have company (not leaving the house much these days). Problem is, the belly grows on a daily basis, and one day (day-before-yesterday, to be exact, after a very early Thanksgiving celebration) the zipper didn't quite clear the outie-belly-button. You can imagine what happened. Think the first part of Something About Mary. Wow, now I know why boys prefer button flies. Before you cringe too much, I should tell you that it really was just a graze, but still enough to draw a little blood and a blood-curdling scream. Watch out for those popping belly buttons, ladies!

(35) Teacher, mother to DD '08 + triplets (identical boys and a girl) born at 36 weeks gestation in ´11.  Passions: gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, wild food gathering, reading, kayaking and more.

#2 of 10 Old 11-07-2011, 11:19 AM

GAH!  Oh god, ow ow ow ow!!!  I've got such a sensitive belly button already...  I'm hoping I get lucky and not have my belly button pop.  It didn't last pregnancy.  Here's to hoping even more, now that I heard about your story!  OW!

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#3 of 10 Old 11-07-2011, 12:03 PM

OWWWWW-ch!

I've never had a popping belly button either.  I remember desperately wanting one for my first kid and being sadly disappointed!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#4 of 10 Old 11-07-2011, 02:04 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Mine hasn't popped either, and after reading your story I'm beginning to think it's a good thing!  :) 

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and pregnant again EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!
#5 of 10 Old 11-07-2011, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Holy moly, that sounds very painful!!  Ouch!!  I'm really sorry that happened to you, but very glad it was just a graze!

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
#6 of 10 Old 11-07-2011, 05:00 PM

Ouch, ouch, ouch.

#7 of 10 Old 11-07-2011, 06:06 PM

*shudder* I'm putting a bandaid over mine if it pops out! (almost there)

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#8 of 10 Old 11-15-2011, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Oh no!! How awful...

My belly button didn't pop with the last one, and it doesn't look like it will with this one either. I was sort of sad to miss that part of pregnancy, but not after hearing that story!

I imagine you are overly aware of your navel now :o)

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#9 of 10 Old 11-22-2011, 01:59 AM

Emaya, I popped early around 24 wks or so and now I'm smooth again. I think.

I hear you about the shirts riding up. I wear a lot of polos from the "big woman" department. Their sizes provide a lot of coverage. I sleep in my recliner because it's easier to get up rather than rolling out of bed. And plus the bed is flat and the sides of my butt and hips were getting sore. I also love sleeping on my back. 6 more weeks. I'm trying not to rush it and rather enjoy this time of peace but everyday I'm like 2 lbs heavier.

#10 of 10 Old 11-22-2011, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter

Same here - as far as trying to enjoy the quiet and the time to read, eat, and take care of myself. Every time I find myself getting the slightest bit bored, I try to refocus and remind myself that I'll be kicking myselft for the next 5 years for not enjoying every minute of the silence and me time!

I've got 4 weeks left (until 36 weeks gestation), and I'm a side sleeper. Big body pillow and it works for about 1.5 hours until hip starts to kill. Then a painful roll over (due to PDS or PSD or whatever it's called) or up and use the bathroom, and another 1.5 hours. It works. Two naps a day help. Thank goodness I don't need to work and that my daughter loves her preschool! I can't imagine how this must have been back in the day when I would have needed to get out and milk some cows or pick some cotton or something despite being crazy triple pregnant...

(35) Teacher, mother to DD '08 + triplets (identical boys and a girl) born at 36 weeks gestation in ´11.  Passions: gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, wild food gathering, reading, kayaking and more.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page