January DDC Birth Bead Exchange? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 11-18-2011, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know nothing about beads, but I would love to join!

#32 of 36 Old 11-19-2011, 08:14 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

I just sent an e-mail with this information but I thought I'd post it here as well.  My mailing address is on the e-mail; I'd rather not include it on this post so check your e-mail when you're ready to send out your beads!

Hi everyone, your friendly bead organizer here!

I've received a couple of questions regarding bead selection, so I wanted to clarify a few things to hopefully help you out:

- Please use screen names when labeling beads and referring to the moms.  Otherwise I'm going to go nuts trying to figure out who is who (pregnant brain, please humor me!).

Two options for bead selection:

A. You can choose a different bead for each mom, and I will make sure it gets to the right person as long as the bead is clearly labeled with your screen name and the receiving mom's screen name.  Please make sure the label reads: From/To (good way to use up those extra Christmas gift tags!!).  You can insert a little string and a little tag through the bead, or a piece of labeled tape around the bead.  Note: If you send the bead in a labeled envelope or baggie, I will not be able to string it (see below) because the recipient won't know who the giver was and it would take me forever to write a description of each bead.

B. If you prefer to send the same bead to all moms, that's fine too, as long as you make sure you have the right number.  I will send a note to all the moms pointing out who that particular bead was from.

- Regardless of what option you chose for sending the beads, you can write a few sentences explaining why you chose that particular bead (not required, though!!).  Just make sure that your name and the mom's screen name are included on the paper so that I and the recipient can match it to the bead.

- I am going to string together each mom's beads onto an elastic before sending (leaving the labels on each bead so you can know who sent what).  This is so that you can wear your beads right away if you so wish.  As one mom pointed out, it would be a shame if some moms didn't wear their beads because they had no time to string them!  However, feel free to remove the elastic and make whatever you want with the beads!  Get creative and let us know what you made!!

OK, if you have any suggestions that would make this process easier, please send them my way.

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z (2 1/2)
m/c 07/14 and Baby EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!

#33 of 36 Old 11-23-2011, 12:24 PM

I am totally in! Very excited :)

slinggirl.gif mama to baby girl E born at home on 1/8/12 with stork-suprise.gif#2 on his or her way around 8/28/13

intactivist.gif toddler.gif homebirth.jpg familybed1.gifcd.gif placenta.gif-eater

#34 of 36 Old 11-23-2011, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Hi ladies!  I just wanted to remind you that the deadline for signing up for the bead exchange is Nov. 25th (Friday).  If you would like to sign up, please send a PM with your personal e-mail to cedarwoman so she can include you in the Google group.  Thanks!

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z (2 1/2)
m/c 07/14 and Baby EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!

#35 of 36 Old 11-23-2011, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

If you haven't picked up your Google Group invite, please do so! I have a few listed as outstanding... make sure you take a peek in your spam folders just in case. If, for some reason the Google Group is just NOT working out for you, I can communicate important info (eg. addresses!) to you via email and you can still be included. PM me and let me know :) There is a discussion re: bead sending deadline on the group as well, do take a look and let us know what's reasonable for you. Our list will be finalized this Saturday morning... and I'll be away all day tomorrow so if I don't get back to you right away, there is still Friday!

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#36 of 36 Old 11-25-2011, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Last day to sign up for the bead exchange! Check the first post in this thread for instructions :) List will be finalized tomorrow.

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page