Is my baby falling out of me? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-13-2011, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok, that was a bit dramatic, but I'm not sure how else to sum up this feeling.

When I stand for too long or sit on the toilet (just sit, not strain or anything, though straining does make it worse), I feel like something (someone?) is being pushed down. It's kind of like the sides of my vagina are swelling/bulging out (I'm too round right now to see it, but I can feel with my fingers that there is some definite bulging there), though I don't feel any weird swelling "inside", just this uncomfortable feeling of a heavy weight pushing down.

It goes away if I lie down long enough or sit in a way that doesn't put the weight in that area. This started weeks ago, but it seems to be getting more frequent. I don't remember this from my last pregnancy.

What is this weird feeling?

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 11-13-2011, 12:02 PM

I have had the same feeling. I actually threw a mirror down there the other day and was shocked to see that my lady things looked... bigger. Perhaps like they were being 'pressed out' from the inside ;) (TMI, but even my urethra had a larger opening) If the feeling is really uncomfortable I just go on hands & knees for a while and it seems to go away.

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#3 of 9 Old 11-13-2011, 04:22 PM

It's probably just vulvar swelling, although some women actually get varicosities (vericose veins) in that area.  you can get a support belt for it if it is bothering you a lot or you know you will be on your feet for hours that day

http://www.amazon.com/Its-You-Babe-V2-Supporter/dp/B00006D2R8

#4 of 9 Old 11-14-2011, 12:06 AM

Same here, and I also didn't have it in my last pregnancy. I would be totally nervous about it except for the fact that I have to see a peri every two weeks and get my cervix checked every four weeks, and as of Wednesday, my cervix was 6cm long, hard and closed, so it's all hormonal -- the swelling, just as softlysinging writes -- and no babies will be falling out anytime soon. My peri basically said I could do jumping jacks from now until January and not go into premature labor (though to give her some credit, she said not to test that theory).

Sure is a weird feeling though. I hope all the lady bits pop back into place right after brith! For those of you lucky ladies who get to birth vaginally, take it as a great sign that you'll be able to swell and grow beautifully down there when baby is crowning :)

(35) Teacher, mother to DD '08 + triplets (identical boys and a girl) born at 36 weeks gestation in ´11.  Passions: gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, wild food gathering, reading, kayaking and more.

#5 of 9 Old 11-14-2011, 02:04 PM

It's probably your pelvic floor muscles getting loose.

I recommend Julie Tupler's books (Maternal Fitness and Lose Your Mummy Tummy) for some exercises to help support your pelvic floor and abdominal muscles during (MF) and after (LYMT) pregnancy.

L'lee reading.gif ~ C geek.gif ~ E broc1.gif May, 2006 ~ Rjoy.gif12/29/2011nocirc.gif goorganic.jpg ecbaby2.gif homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#6 of 9 Old 11-16-2011, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, everyone. It's nice to know I'm not the only one.

I had some weird pains last night, coming and going (like contractions) and in the same spot (right side pelvis). Not sure if they were contractions or whether the baby was just having fun in there. I had a 2-hour labor last time, so I only know what the really bad, I'm-going-to-die contractions feel like.

They kept me up for awhile, then the pain went away. Nothing since. Yay.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#7 of 9 Old 11-17-2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post
 I had a 2-hour labor last time, so I only know what the really bad, I'm-going-to-die contractions feel like.

Yeah, I'm kinda concerned about that, too.  Methinks I had 2 menstrual cramps and then went straight to the strong stuff.  I'm hoping I'll have a little more indication this time.

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#8 of 9 Old 11-17-2011, 08:36 AM

I'm in the same boat, and the midwives say it isn't uncommon in a second pregnancy, especially this close together.  I described it to them as the same thing "It feels like he's going to fall out!"

#9 of 9 Old 11-17-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conchobhar View Post

Yeah, I'm kinda concerned about that, too.  Methinks I had 2 menstrual cramps and then went straight to the strong stuff.  I'm hoping I'll have a little more indication this time.

Yep! I get those a lot. Feels like I'm going to start my period. Ugh, it's so annoying. I have the HUAM that I have to get on 4x daily so I'll throw that on to see if anything is happening and the activity will show up as really "minor" and I relax a little. But it sometimes hurts! 

I have the constant falling-out sensation too. If I got down on my hands and knees, I wouldn't be able to get back up! ROTFLMAO.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page