30 weeks - SICK OF BEING PREGNANT!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 36 Old 11-22-2011, 02:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

OMG, I am so sick of being pregnant. Really. Today I am nearly jumping out of my skin. I want a smooth glass of Amaretto. I want skinny feet and ankles. I want to wake up with no back pain. No achy knees. My stretch marks even hurt! Agh. I'm so over this. 

And yet I don't want them born this early. I'm hoping to make it into the new year. At least past Christmas. At first my goal was Thanksgiving. Now it's Christmas.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 36 Old 11-22-2011, 08:24 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

32 weeks and in the same boat... The back and knees are the worst, and not being able to recline on my couch to read a book... And the peeing... All. Night. Long.  We're almost there, though!  Just a few more weeks... Keep yourself busy so time passes more quickly, it's all we can do.  :)

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z (2 1/2)
m/c 07/14 and Baby EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!

#3 of 36 Old 11-22-2011, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

I was hoping my doc would find some clever reason to bump up my due date again.

But... nothing doing. I'm on bedrest so I can't be too busy. I've been going to work 

every day just to get out of the house.

What sucks is I'm not enjoying my life. I want 2012 to come so fast that I've allowed

life to slip right past me. I should be relishing these final days and all I can do is 

complain. 

30w 3d - one day at a time.

#4 of 36 Old 11-22-2011, 05:43 PM

32 wks & in the same boat. Never been so sick of it before. My body is not coping well this time around & I'm sick of feeling utterly useless.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#5 of 36 Old 11-22-2011, 06:47 PM

34 weeks and right there with ya!

Navy wife, mama of 3 girls, 3 boys, 2 kitties and wanting more. No vax, no circ, trying to live as natural as  we can. We are working on it
#6 of 36 Old 11-22-2011, 08:07 PM

Yes. Well, not so much sick of being pregnant, but sick of the worry, anxiety and stress. I don't want our little girl to be born right now (33wks) because it would be devastating to have to leave her in NICU. BUT, I wish I was 37 weeks right now and in labor (or better yet, just finished with labor) so this could just be over and I could have my alive and healthy baby in my arms!!

Milly, stumbling horribly on God's path, married to my amazing Superhero, and mama to my 3 awesome boys, and my amazing rainbow baby girl!  Missing our Little One, lost 11/09, and our son, stillborn 11/10

#7 of 36 Old 11-23-2011, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Also at 30 weeks and i could not agree more!!!  At my appointment last week i had my ultrasound and check up and they informed me that the little one is weighing in at 3lbs 11oz which puts him 15 days ahead of schedule. 

In my head I was thinking "Hell yeah, come out two weeks early little man! Please!!!"

I keep telling my husband"Once Christmas hits, this kid can come out any damned time."

With him measuring ahead of schedule, i don't feel so bad about wishing for him to make an early arrival.

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#8 of 36 Old 11-23-2011, 04:18 PM

34 weeks and I started to feel this way the last few days. The baby feels so heavy now and I'm getting more and more uncomfortable as each day goes by. I'm giving him 3 more weeks before eviction papers! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#9 of 36 Old 11-25-2011, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyofalmost6 View Post

34 weeks and right there with ya!

Oh my goodness, I wish! I'm 31w tomorrow and can't believe I made it this far. 

#10 of 36 Old 11-26-2011, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

I'm on bedrest, too, but in the hospital.  I get my BP and temp taken four times a day.  I have sores on my bottom that make it painful to lay down on that side.  After being poked for no fewer than 20 blood draws (with multiple tubes each time), they finally installed a PICC line into my arm, which itches.  My hip bones are sore from not being walked around.  I've been on magnesium sulfate three or four times. 

But all this will be worth it if I can make it to 35 weeks (when they'll induce me). 

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
#11 of 36 Old 11-26-2011, 07:37 PM

I'm at 34 weeks...and I'm exhausted. Exhausted from school, work, all the recent problems I've been having..I'm just..fed up. 

School is thankfully winding down, my last day of work is 12/20 (it's early but I wanted some ME time before baby arrives), and I'm hating taking such strong medication while pregnant. I'm worried about her. 

I feel so heavy..I'm out of breath all the time it seems, if I bend down and get back up I have to pee..sleep? what is that? Knock on wood the only good thing recently is my skin hasn't been freaking the heck out. But I have hopes that my labor pains will be less intense than this dental pain has been. 

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#12 of 36 Old 11-27-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post

I'm on bedrest, too, but in the hospital.  I get my BP and temp taken four times a day.  I have sores on my bottom that make it painful to lay down on that side.  After being poked for no fewer than 20 blood draws (with multiple tubes each time), they finally installed a PICC line into my arm, which itches.  My hip bones are sore from not being walked around.  I've been on magnesium sulfate three or four times. 

But all this will be worth it if I can make it to 35 weeks (when they'll induce me). 

bow2.gif I had mag sulf once for PTL at 30 weeks. OMG that was so uncomfortable! Kudos to you, Mama, for giving your baby a chance to bake as long as possible! Sounds like a HUGE sacrifice! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#13 of 36 Old 11-27-2011, 03:33 PM

It is 85 degrees today in San Diego.  WT...?  Here I thought I would get lucky because my third trimester was during the "winter", and now I'm ROASTING and uncomfortable and have some serious pregnancy rage at this heat (yeah, real productive to direct my anger at climate, I know).  My house is a mess, construction is not anywhere NEAR finished and my husband keeps inventing new additions to the construction, and I just want to get everything settled for the baby to arrive into a somewhat organized environment.  I woke up EIGHT TIMES last night to go to the bathroom.  My back and hips were hurting a ton and I've been having crazy dreams every time I fall asleep.  irked.gif

I can see why some women induce as soon as they hit full term (not that I ever would).

#14 of 36 Old 11-27-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montessorimama1 View Post

I just want to get everything settled for the baby to arrive into a somewhat organized environment.

yeahthat.gif I want the whole world to stop so that I can get things done. I feel like telling everyone and everything in my life that I'm on strike! Because I need to wash baby clothes and knit and sleep. Soon enough... 

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#15 of 36 Old 11-27-2011, 06:30 PM

Well, I didn't make it to 35 weeks.  Little guy was born this morning by emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption.  25w5d

#16 of 36 Old 11-27-2011, 06:56 PM

Congratulations on your little man, mama... although I'm sure you are (both) just exhausted from everything you have been through, I hope you & he continue to get stronger and feel better!

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#17 of 36 Old 11-27-2011, 07:29 PM

Thinking of your sweet boy and you tonight!  I hope he's well!

Healthcare is a human right!
#18 of 36 Old 11-27-2011, 11:15 PM

35 weeks as of today (it's technically Monday), and I'm over being pregnant.  This is par for the course for me in any pregnancy, but this time around, I've had a LOT of contractions, things are REALLY tight in my tummy, and I'm in a decent amount of pain.

However, DH is more ready for this to be over with than I am, I think.  (And I am SO ready to be done!)  He has been SUCH a good sport about doing stuff for me while I sit and whine (and he seems to genuinely appreciate what I'm going through when he has his hand on my tummy and can feel the beating I've been getting!)

My midwife has me starting evening primrose oil and, er, semen "donations" this week....the end is in sight!

energy.gifDD 06/05, angel3.gif DD 02/07, bouncy.gif DS 02/08, babygirl.gif DD 01/12

#19 of 36 Old 11-30-2011, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

At 32 weeks, I'm starting to complain for sure.  My back hurts most of the time, there is no comfortable way to sleep, etc.  The biggest thing at this point is how much I am OVER the pregnancy "don'ts". I want some wine! I want some sushi! I want to color my hair! Sigh... 8 more weeks....

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#20 of 36 Old 11-30-2011, 06:33 PM

Ooooh, I had such a bad day, one of those days where your belly feels like a giant, hard water balloon waiting to burst!  I had to run errands and got a bunch of pitying looks from people - I must have looked very uncomfortable in my own skin!  My SIL is arriving in 30 minutes to spend 4 days with us, and I have to make dinner, but all I want to do is crawl into bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbirdlady View Post

However, DH is more ready for this to be over with than I am, I think. 

I can't imagine anyone more ready for this to be over than my husband.  I try not to whine and complain too much, but sometimes I just feel really out of sorts after a night of not sleeping, and I can tell it's starting to wear on him.  I guess he appreciates what I'm going through, but I haven't gotten any appreciative comments from him and sometimes when I'm hormonal it makes me so sad... :(  I know he has a hard time expressing himself, and his actions speak louder than his words, but it's just hard sometimes.  :(

I hope you guys had a better day...

#21 of 36 Old 11-30-2011, 07:06 PM

I'm just shy of 35 weeks and I am DONE! I seriously feel like my skin is going to burst. I can't sleep to save my life. School just needs to be done with..and work..oh lordy work I am SO cranky I'm not sure I'll make it til the 20th. And I am so uncomfortable..does anyone else feel that way? Like seriously..my bras have become the most awful torture devices ever. I can't stand to wear one. My bed seems uncomfy, clothes, bras especially, just everything. I know I'll miss being pregnant..I'll miss being able to carry her with me everywhere but oh my gosh..I feel wiped out. 

#22 of 36 Old 11-30-2011, 07:30 PM

I agree with all of you ladies.. glad to read I'm not alone. I'm 34 weeks and cannot breathe anymore! Sitting hurts, laying down is impossible, getting up UGH, heartburn, constant hunger! The baby is filling into my rib cage more and more now.  I'm so exhausted, so achy, so cranky.. I just yelled randomly because all I want to do it lay down on my freakin' stomach and be comfortable for a minute! Sigh, I feel like it's not going to get any better after the baby comes though... I'll still be uncomfortable, just in different ways :/  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn811 View Post

I'm just shy of 35 weeks and I am DONE! I seriously feel like my skin is going to burst. I can't sleep to save my life. School just needs to be done with..and work..oh lordy work I am SO cranky I'm not sure I'll make it til the 20th. And I am so uncomfortable..does anyone else feel that way? Like seriously..my bras have become the most awful torture devices ever. I can't stand to wear one. My bed seems uncomfy, clothes, bras especially, just everything. I know I'll miss being pregnant..I'll miss being able to carry her with me everywhere but oh my gosh..I feel wiped out. 

Bras are my enemy. I change mine all day. I can't stand wearing one and I can't stand not wearing one. 

#23 of 36 Old 11-30-2011, 08:09 PM

Oh..imakecutebabies..I am so with you..I hate complaining about being pregnant..I know some people would just kill to be pregnant but I just feel so...huge. It's hard work even getting out of bed. I feel like my body is failing. I would LOVE to lay on my stomach..oh my favorite sleeping position. 

#24 of 36 Old 11-30-2011, 09:33 PM

I hate complaining too! Which is why I try to do it in the relative safety of MDC... I went through many years of struggle with NOT being pregnant so now that I am, I'm kind of shocked at myself! For example, my latest rant

I'm 34 weeks as well and sooo frustrated. My feet got really swollen again today just from walking around and then sitting on my computer chair (which I see now really cuts off circulation to my lower legs, so no wonder)... so I tried the recliner - no dice, got dizzy from the giant uterus pressing on my veins (I have really low bp); tried lying down on my side, but couldn't get comfortable enough to work on my laptop, tried sitting tailor-style on the floor until my back hurt, tried taking a nap because this was a few hours of trying different things and getting very little done - couldn't sleep because my hips hurt and couldn't find a way to be positioned where they didn't hurt...

started crying at that point, ate some junk food out of sadness, which somehow triggered HORRIBLE diarrhea during which I thought I was going to pop the baby out, so I was trying to kind of hold back but what a TERRIBLE feeling that was... 

Currently back on the recliner but propped up almost upright with pillows, trying to concentrate (I have a paper due tomorrow) but it's not going well, because, you know, pregnancy brain. Plus, I'm getting stupid leg cramps because I missed my long walk today (it has been the only thing keeping me sane but I thought I'd better take it easy today). Going to be a long night. At least I'm used to not sleeping already! 

#25 of 36 Old 12-01-2011, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post

So I ended up having him about 12 hours after this post (see siggy).  And now, I would much rather be suffering ALL the discomforts of pregnancy than recovering from an emergency c-section. 

I hope you all's pregnancies are comfortable.  Keep the babies baking.  :hugs:

#26 of 36 Old 12-01-2011, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by element2012 View Post
The biggest thing at this point is how much I am OVER the pregnancy "don'ts". I want some wine! I want some sushi! I want to color my hair! Sigh... 8 more weeks....

I don't color my hair, so I have no advice about that, but I have had half a glass of red wine a couple of times, and have had sushi as well.  Red wine is perfectly fine to have occasionally during pregnancy, in small amounts (when my cousin's baby died this summer, while everyone was doing tribute shots of Jager for him, I sipped a shot of red wine.)  And as my old OB in Hawaii used to tell me, "What do you think, pregnant women in Japan stop eating sushi just because they are pregnant?"  Just stay away from the ones that are high in mercury and make sure it's fresh (I'm in a landlocked state...I asked our local sushi place what day the fresh stuff comes in, and make sure that I'm there within a day or two of that.)  Or opt for the non-raw version - shrimp, veggie, etc.

energy.gifDD 06/05, angel3.gif DD 02/07, bouncy.gif DS 02/08, babygirl.gif DD 01/12

#27 of 36 Old 12-01-2011, 02:09 PM

I am also ready to be done, And it stinks because it took us 7-8 years to conceive this baby so whenever I complain to anyone but DH all I get is "Well you wanted this". Ugh, not what I need to hear. DD, 6, is terrible with loving up my belly and while it was cute at first I now just want her to leave my belly alone. Sleeping is uncomfortable and I had been having bad back pain and went to the Dr. and she thinks part of my cartiledge has torn in my pelvis but of course there is nothing I can do except hope it doesn't seperate completely. Everything else checked out fine and we will do one last ultrasound on Dec. 30th to see how big she is. All I could think of was thats a long time away considering she thought she was a little over 4 lbs. now. Also Christmas shopping is not fun because walking hurts after a while, I think I am giong to be a in a motor scooter soon!

#28 of 36 Old 12-09-2011, 07:20 PM

Added carpal tunnel syndrome to the list of woes. I've never had it before and it's completely ridiculous. (Due to swelling in my hands from water retention I suppose...) Not only am I now waking up to pee, because of hip pain, because of general insomnia, (attempting to sleep is basically pointless) but now I get to wake up because the thumb and first two fingers of whatever had I'm sleeping on are the source of pain. Or they are completely numb, and it takes a REALLY long time to get feeling back into them!

I can't knit, hold a fork, pen or anything else requiring "gripping" for very long (probably for the best in the case of the fork ;) Typing is alright because I can keep my wrists flat. Using a mouse is okay for a little while. I have so much more sympathy for people who suffer from CTS regularly. I could not imagine. It would ruin my life.

So, pregnancy? I've REALLY had it now! I'll be 36 weeks on Tuesday, and the thought of going past 40 doesn't even seem real.

#29 of 36 Old 12-29-2011, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Well the trips are here. Arrived Dec 2nd. The boys came home 11 days later, my girl just before Christmas. All

are EBFing. I made sure of that before we left the hospital. I am lucky if I get more than 2 hours of sleep in a row.

None of them sleep on the same schedule. Preemies are tough. That's for sure. We ventured out yesterday and

went to Disneyland. Had a wonderful time. They seem to enjoy the outdoors. And so do I. My PPD was very short

this time around. I didn't have much time to pity myself while they were in the NIC. 

I delivered at 32 weeks. The boys were roughly 4.5 lbs a piece and my daughter 3.6 lbs. My GD caused them to be

so big but it worked in their favor so I'm not too angry at my post-pg body. I'm down to 168 lbs and ready to start

exercising. I just don't have the time. Oh but it's fine because I love love love my huge beautiful family and having sons. love.gif

Congratulations to all of the other new moms on the board. I'm sorry I can't update more often! I hope to keep in touch! 

#30 of 36 Old 12-29-2011, 10:03 AM

Many congratulations, Smurfette! Amazing work.

User Tag List