Who's still working out? How do you feel? What are you doing? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 11-30-2011, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarwoman View Post

Looks like I might have to cut out the daily long walks... yesterday after I got in and took off my shoes my feet were SO swollen! There were even dents where my shoes were and it took most of the night for them to calm down... I did a shorter walk just with the dogs and while it was nice, and my feet didn't swell, it didn't do much for my crampy legs like my long walk does :(

That's so sad. :(  I haven't been able to even put on my tennis shoes in a couple of months, so I know what you're going through.  I hope you can find a good alternative...

Happy housewife and mom to big Z, born at home 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and happy to get back to trying!  
#32 of 44 Old 11-30-2011, 06:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Freakin' A sarah you're my hero..if I walk around the block I feel like I'm going to DIE! I'm totally crapping out, tired of school, work, doing anything. I merely wish to lay in bed all day and eat cake and drink hot chocolate. 

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#33 of 44 Old 12-09-2011, 11:23 AM

i always worked out before pregnancy, but now at 35 weeks i'm trying to go to the gym at least twice a week - doing weight machines, pilates reformer, stretching, and then walking at least one mile, but rarely much more. By the time i hit one mile on the treadmill i'm sore, my pelvis hurts, and my right leg starts to feel numb from nerve pressure. So how in the world are you girls running and hiking MILES?? big ol kudos to you. :) 

any tips on things that feel really good to do? i know for me, any hip abductions/hip stretches feel great!

homebirth.jpg intactlact.gif love of DH and mama to DS born 1/12

#34 of 44 Old 12-09-2011, 04:31 PM

i'm still shooting for 5x/week although this week it has been every other day.  It's getting harder to motivate myself to do the workouts, but they still feel really good.

I started swelling finally (37 weeks on monday) so that is helping to keep me going when I am tempted to say "hey, F-it, I'm almost at the end" lol

#35 of 44 Old 12-10-2011, 09:50 PM

i'm already so swollen! especially at night, if i dont drink enough water or am on my feet all day. driving me CRAZY. working out does help though!

homebirth.jpg intactlact.gif love of DH and mama to DS born 1/12

#36 of 44 Old 12-12-2011, 06:21 AM

So there are a couple of hills either direction on my bike ride, and one of the ones on my way in to work is pretty steep and long.  Last week I finally reached the point where it's just too much for me to bike up it anymore, so I walked it Tuesday-Thursday.  (Monday I was out sick.)  But then on Friday, some crazy impulse struck me and I thought, "how many more times am I even going to be *close* to able to do this?" and so I pushed it and.... I made it up!  NOT easy but I was pleased with myself the whole rest of the day, heh. 

I only have 14 more work days before maternity leave (!) and am hoping I can keep biking through them.  Comically, my bike is one of the only places I feel comfortable these days... sitting in a chair is horrible, walking/standing is horrible, but the bike feels good.  :)

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#37 of 44 Old 12-12-2011, 06:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Ugh. I can't seem to do it anymore. My dailymile has become an unused wasteland lately. I WANT to work out, but lately washing my hair in the shower makes me so short of breath that I need to sit for awhile to recover. I am alternating between feeling guilty and getting angry at my body that it won't do what I want it to do. And then during moments of logic, I can understand that due to hyperemesis and dietary restrictions, I still have not gained any weight with this pregnancy (well, I lost a chunk and am now sitting back at my starting weight at 34 1/2 weeks, which is 142 for 5'2".... so not a ton) and so there probably just isn't much energy left over for anything outside of normal functions and growing a human. Of course, we all know that pregnancy is not always the most logical times, so usually I am just firing off with my emotions.

I could use some suggestions. I think running is probably done for now. Swimming wears me out sooooo much. Does anyone do yoga? Do you enjoy it? Are there any other forms of exercise that I should be looking at? Maybe ones that don't burn a ton of calories but still keep a person moving?

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#38 of 44 Old 12-12-2011, 10:10 AM

. Does anyone do yoga? Do you enjoy it? Are there any other forms of exercise that I should be looking at? Maybe ones that don't burn a ton of calories but still keep a person moving?

I do prenatal yoga every day. I took a class when I was carrying DS and remembered a couple of the routines, so I didn't need to find another class or buy a DVD this time around. I find it to be really gentle and relaxing. One of the routines I do is energizing and I do it in the morning or afternoon for a boost of energy. The other one is VERY relaxing, so I do it before my nightly epsom salt bath. The routines take about 15 minutes each, so it's easy to find a little chunk of time.

Currently, cardio(jogging/swimming/hiking) has been giving me BH contractions, so I''ve quit my prenatal aerobics class and take DS out for a leisurely stroll 3x per week. SO walking(waddling) and yoga will be it until PP.

Envying those who are still able to get in some good cardio time!

#39 of 44 Old 12-12-2011, 11:40 AM

I am still doing yoga. There are some poses that may increase the cardio challenge for you, but personally I have been letting the cardio stuff slide a little, and tried to be content with walking. My heart rate gets up quickly enough with just walking and I don't want to divert too much blood from baby anyways... I'm also enjoying my bellydance DVD 

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#40 of 44 Old 12-12-2011, 12:11 PM

i'm still on the treadmill every night.  it's always been my salvation down towards the end, when i'm sore in a million places- the exercise really helps me stay loose and fight off the aches (and i love the treadmill in labor, too!)  i've been worried the past few days, that i'm not gaining enough weight- so i'm trying hard to pile on good calories however i can, because i do spend an awful lot of time exercising.

funny, i don't know how well i would do with yoga.  something about the slow, mindful movements feels like it would be too much physical effort for me.  but crank up the treadmill and just set me off and going, and i feel fantastic.  funny how our bodies all respond differently to pregnancy.  :)

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#41 of 44 Old 12-12-2011, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

I wonder what it  about some éxcessive' exercise that brings on BH?   I had to pull a sleeping ds  in his stroller up the stairs the other night. 4 flights of stairs that is.  I pulled him slowly one step at a time, and caught my breath.  It felt ok, until i got halfway, and had to sit down-BH hit me briefly. Fortunately someone could help me for the last flight.

#42 of 44 Old 12-12-2011, 12:54 PM

I'm still Zumba'ing, but totally just phoned it in last week.  It's so easy to laze it up a bit at the end!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#43 of 44 Old 12-12-2011, 03:17 PM

I'm really starting to feel a little (a lot!) lazy!  I'm probably exercising about 3-5 times a week now, but I have to overcome a lot of inertia to do so.  I just stopped doing any vinyasa yoga, but am still doing prenatal.  I find it *very* easy to over stretch at this time (ie- I will feel where every fiber that attaches to my hips are the next day).  I'd like to keep up the prenatal until the end of the month, but golly am I tired!

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#44 of 44 Old 12-12-2011, 03:22 PM

Oops double post!

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page