To all the early January Mamas - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 11-30-2011, 07:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome, begoniamama! I'm due on the 10th... but having consistently been +6-7 days for most of the pregnancy and have got a low-down baby with lots of BHs... some of em starting to HURT! Hoping to go 39+ weeks, but had a bit of a panic on the weekend thinking it could be earlier than that. @Montessorimama... DH had a similar sort of day after I told him "you know, it's *technically* less than a month until I'm at term, medically speaking..." Suddenly, out comes his copy of The Birth Partner and he's asking me a million questions (my favorite, what a sweet man: "Is there anything that scares you about labour that you want to talk about?")

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#32 of 43 Old 11-30-2011, 08:52 AM

I'm due Jan 2nd....and so now the debate is whether or not my in-laws can stay here for Christmas. I initially said no way, because if he comes early, I will be busy with a newborn and if he comes on time then I will be in no mood to deal with the usual drama from them. DH is doing a good job of making me feel guilty, though, because his family got in a huge fight over Thanksgiving over petty stuff, so he wants to have a "nice holiday" to make up for it. So for now I told him to wait and see what my doctor says at my appointment today...(and my doctor was awesome in the past and wrote me a nice note telling my MIL why I need my rest). orngbiggrin.gif

Oh and then DH's dog decided to start having behavioral issues...as in pooping in the house, eating poop outside (which is frustrating because I can't descend the steps to stop him and then he comes in and tries to lick everyone/everything), tearing up the carpet, and just generally breaking stuff (because he knocks things over)...and he's a big dog. I love big dogs (I have my own) and I know DH's dog is still a puppy (11 months old), but I have very little patience at this point...especially since I can't do too much physically right now and am frustrated from that. I also am freaking out and worrying about how he will be around the baby...the whole poop thing and tendency to knock everything (including me sometimes) over is getting old fast...and we have been training and walking (well, DH does the walks) constantly with no results...I feel terrible...

So yeah, I would almost love my due date to be pushed back at least a little bit at this point...

#33 of 43 Old 11-30-2011, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarwoman View Post

DH had a similar sort of day after I told him "you know, it's *technically* less than a month until I'm at term, medically speaking..." Suddenly, out comes his copy of The Birth Partner and he's asking me a million questions (my favorite, what a sweet man: "Is there anything that scares you about labour that you want to talk about?")

wow, that makes me want to shed a tear of joy!  (don't just blame the hormones!)

whatta guy you've got!  smile.gif

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#34 of 43 Old 11-30-2011, 10:39 AM

@ HCM and @ africanqueen, I am there with you!  Due at the end of the month, but I really wouldn't be surprised if this babe takes his/her time deciding to come out. We'll be the last mamas standing.

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#35 of 43 Old 12-01-2011, 06:56 AM

we are due dec 31st, so that is 4 weeks away!!!  ds2 was about a week "late" so we are not freaking out.  ;)  i'm the one nesting which is quite funny to dp.  newborn dipes are washed and ready, clothes are ready, dp's boobs are ready (she's been leaking) and that's about all we need really.  i guess we need to get the car seat base installed.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#36 of 43 Old 12-01-2011, 08:27 AM

I also have a January 10th due date! That makes three of us I think. I am getting really excited but don't feel physically like labor is close at all, which is okay. I hardly have any BH and I still feel "normal" sleeping and getting around fine. I am working up until labor is imminent (sigh) so I really only have the weekends to get ready--I am pretty tired when I get home at night and laundry is the last thing I want to do!

Here is our plan: Next week we are getting all our homebirth supplies purchased and ready. The week after that we are finishing laundry and cooking lots of food to freeze. This should all be done by Dec 20 which is the 37 week mark. After that, I will focus on the little last minute things like making sure fridge is stock with labor food, final touches to the nursery (which is so cute but we are cosleeping so not sure how much use it will get!), finalizing labor playlist, packing emergency hospital transfer bad (which we hopefully will not need.) Anything I am missing?

I have been wondering, what are you guys doing this New Year's Eve? We are thinking just a fun dinner reservation including a glass of delicious wine for this mama :)

slinggirl.gif mama to baby girl E born at home on 1/8/12 with stork-suprise.gif#2 on his or her way around 8/28/13

intactivist.gif toddler.gif homebirth.jpg familybed1.gifcd.gif placenta.gif-eater

#37 of 43 Old 12-02-2011, 11:05 AM

Wow, I didn't realize that there were so many of us due Jan 8!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinwoo View Post

Anyone else have a hard time being unable to do things you used to do?

This is where I'm at, too. I haven't been washing dishes for a while, initially because of pelvic pain and now because my belly is so big that I have to reach my arms out so far it hurts my back. I actually look forward to being able to do that comfortably again! I've been asking for help changing over loads of laundry because I get BHs bending over for more than a few seconds at a time, and everything takes so dang LONG! It will take a long time with a little baby, too, but in a different way.

I'm officially cleared for a HB as of this coming Sunday (35 wks, since DS was healthy and weighed the same as I did full term at 37+2)  - that's pretty freaky to think about! I'd rather we wait until at least another week or two or three. There's part of me that hopes this baby does arrive before Christmas, though, because I worry about going into labor over either Christmas (38 wks!) or New Years (39wks!). I've been working like crazy on my list of things to get done before the baby arrives, but everything takes sooooo long. I think I did over 20 loads of laundry in the last week (including our regular laundry). Just need to keep working on it little by little...

L'lee reading.gif ~ C geek.gif ~ E broc1.gif May, 2006 ~ Rjoy.gif12/29/2011nocirc.gif goorganic.jpg ecbaby2.gif homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#38 of 43 Old 12-02-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieIncognito View Post

Here is our plan: Next week we are getting all our homebirth supplies purchased and ready. The week after that we are finishing laundry and cooking lots of food to freeze. This should all be done by Dec 20 which is the 37 week mark. After that, I will focus on the little last minute things like making sure fridge is stock with labor food, final touches to the nursery (which is so cute but we are cosleeping so not sure how much use it will get!), finalizing labor playlist, packing emergency hospital transfer bad (which we hopefully will not need.) Anything I am missing?

I have been wondering, what are you guys doing this New Year's Eve? We are thinking just a fun dinner reservation including a glass of delicious wine for this mama :)

your new years plans sound perfect! we're thinking of having a few people over for crab and festivities but keeping it mellow at the house. as far as your plans, being done with everything by 37 weeks sounds awesome, you are way ahead of me and i am due a day after you! 

homebirth.jpg intactlact.gif love of DH and mama to DS born 1/12

#39 of 43 Old 12-09-2011, 04:12 AM

My husband has been asking me about what kinds of things he is supposed to do while I'm in labor, and I told him that he is the "Protector of the Birth Space"  That way I don't have to worry about surprises, and if things get a little crowded, he can be the one to ask them to give me a few minutes or whatever...  I also told my parents that if anyone sees their car parked on my street (homebirth) I will flip out... Their waiting room is their house 15 minutes away... Not around the corner in the car ( my dad threatened to pitch a tent in my backyard - YES in January ) 

But if I decide to go for a walk and see their car that would really make me angry!!!!  :)

Other than that, UPS comes or random kid selling popcorn, Hubby will take care of it! :)

wool.gif   homebirth.jpg   treehugger.gif

#40 of 43 Old 12-09-2011, 09:36 AM

Soo, I'm due Jan 6th and my family who live 8 hours away are throwing me a baby shower that I had to postpone until next weekend-when I'll be 37 wks. Is this insane? I really want to go and see them all I just hope I'm not making a huge mistake driving 8+ hours each way!!

#41 of 43 Old 12-09-2011, 10:06 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdang View Post

Soo, I'm due Jan 6th and my family who live 8 hours away are throwing me a baby shower that I had to postpone until next weekend-when I'll be 37 wks. Is this insane? I really want to go and see them all I just hope I'm not making a huge mistake driving 8+ hours each way!!

If you can sit in a car for 8 hours each way, more power to ya!  I can't handle more than 30 minutes sitting in a car and I'm only 35 weeks along... Why don't they come see you?  It seems a bit odd that they would expect a very pregnant woman to travel such a long distance...

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and pregnant again EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!
#42 of 43 Old 12-09-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdang View Post

I wouldn't even think twice about going that far at that week gestation.  You might need to take more breaks while driving, but you'll likely be fine.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#43 of 43 Old 12-09-2011, 06:10 PM

@hdang I told my family I was hibernating as of November 15th! Mostly because I (correctly) assuming I'd be running around doing last minute things all month... 

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page