To all the early January Mamas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 43 Old 11-27-2011, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

as we head into the month of december this week, i know that there's a LOT of us who are getting really close.  in fact, many of you are almost term, or will be very soon-- so you're going to be (freaking) having your babies in no time!!!!

i just wanted to start a little encouragement thread (and i hope that's ok for me to do!), because i know i'm not alone as the only one here thinking of all of you (constantly!), and cheering you on all the way.  we're thinking of you in these final days/weeks, and we're with you, sending our support and love.

i can't wait to see the January babies start rolling in!  Finley's here... who's next? joy.gif

thinking of all of you!

with love,

HCM

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#2 of 43 Old 11-28-2011, 05:18 AM

I'm getting really nervous! The general public being what it is..I get a lot of "WOW! You look like you're going to pop!" and "Oh my you're all baby" and "It doesn't look like you're going to make it to January!" I'm really not that big honestly..comparing my belly to others I'm really rather.."normal" not huge by a long shot..my ER doctor didn't know I was pregnant til I told him. I don't know..people seems to love to freak pregnant women out. In all reality..I doubt my little one will wait til January anyway, I come from a long line of "early" full term babies. I decided to go on "leave" 12/20 cause my mom is betting I'll go into labor on the 21st (her birthday). lol. That and I'm really really ready for a break. School is draining and work leaves me EXHAUSTED. 

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#3 of 43 Old 11-28-2011, 05:46 AM

Ooo I'm getting nervous too... maybe that's why I've been up since 4am? (No, it's probably the ever-present hip pain from sleeping on my side). I had a minor freakout this weekend because I realized I'll be 37 weeks on Tuesday December 20th (in THREE WEEKS) and I didn't have "anything for the baby" (nor is the baby's room CLEAN, there are still boxes from moving in it!) DH caught onto in and suddenly, there he was, re-reading "The Birth Partner", asking me if I had any worries about labour, asking if he should worry etc etc.

I just need to keep it together for a few more days while I write my final papers, then I have a short break before exams... And those are essentially all finished on the 12th. Then I hope I can just knit and wait (erm, even if it's just for a week or so...)

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#4 of 43 Old 11-28-2011, 05:47 AM

And that all said, I can't WAIT to start hearing about some babies getting born here! Just weeks away!

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#5 of 43 Old 11-28-2011, 06:29 AM

I am 35 weeks today, holy crap!

#6 of 43 Old 11-28-2011, 06:41 AM

I am due sometime around the end of December/early January. My midwife thinks I'll be more likely to have the baby on the early January side... "you still look too happy and relaxed to be having a baby any time soon!" at my last visit LOL... thanks, I think? It was funny.

I'm feeling this weird combo of OMG he could be here any time and it would be OK, he'll officially be full term as of next week, and whoa, slow down, I'm not ready and I don't want to rush any of these last precious moments when he's all mine. That saying has been so true for me during this first pregnancy, that the days drag on but the weeks and months go by in an instant.

We've been embroiled in a big construction project at home that involved a new kitchen (and a HUGE amount of mess and clutter all over the rest of the house too) and that's just wrapping up now. It's awesome to be able to start working on filling the freezer with food for after he's born, and last night we started setting up what was our dining room to be "baby central" for now (we decided to divide the construction project into two phases, and it's not until after phase two that we'll have a bedroom available for the baby) which was SO satisfying! I still need to do loads and loads of baby laundry, but at least I could get everything out of boxes and see what we have and what we need to add to (we need some bibs! and baby wash cloths for wipes!) We got his crib set up and sidecared to our bed over the weekend too, that felt great. We've hired a cleaning lady to come every other week for December through March or April, and she comes Thursday for the first time. I've been cleaning up dust and debris a little at a time, but it doesn't take long before my belly and back hurt pretty badly - she'll get rid of all of it in one fell swoop! That will be spectacular.

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#7 of 43 Old 11-28-2011, 11:11 AM

Due January 8th, and between feeling like he's falling out of me right now and every woman in my family giving me a knowing nod and saying 'the second one is always early' I'm pretty much convinced in the crazy hemisphere of my brain that labor could happen at any time!  The not crazy part of my brain knows that my family says a lot of things with that knowing look and are wrong, wrong, wrong.  Maybe it's wishful thinking.  Husband's co-workers are hoping for an early baby so we can claim him on this year's taxes... hehehe.

#8 of 43 Old 11-28-2011, 11:28 AM

I'm with HCM that I'll cheer you all on as I sit back and likely wait for February to roll around before I see a baby.  Believe it or not, this is my third full-term pregnancy and all of them put me at the end of the DDC!  It's so funny when the majority of the women are sharing baby photos while I'm post-dates and buying cohash to get this thing out of me.

Anyway, I can't wait to read your birth stories. :)

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#9 of 43 Old 11-28-2011, 11:28 AM

I'm due on the 8th, too! DS1 was "late" by a few days, and I wouldn't mind going a few days late with this one too (although I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune in a few weeks!). I'm starting to get the "I want to cry everytime I look at DS" blues... knowing I'll have to wrangle 2 outside babies in a just a short while. It's such an awkward state.. wanting to know what DS2 is like.. looks, personality, etc., but still wanting just DS and I time! I got out a baby doll today, and we pretended that it was baby brother.. We put on a diaper and onesie and he wanted me to nurse the doll while I nursed him! Then he covered him with a blanket so he could sleep. I hope he's such a great big brother when it's no longer a doll :)

I feel like we are pretty much ready. I washed all the clothes and diapers from storage, but I haven't figured out how to arrange it all. It's a lot harder trying to fit 2 people into one dresser. I think I'm going to get a changing table or something w/ open shelves because I need storage for the dipaers now (I just used a basket and the dresser with DS). I also need to get more stuff in the freezer. I'm just hoping more stuff will go on sale the next few weeks at the grocery store.

Hope everyone is doing good! My MW said with the holidays the time will literally fly.. She wasn't joking! It's already the end of November :)

aj- married to JA and mami to Bug (11/09) and Critter (1/12)!

#10 of 43 Old 11-28-2011, 12:00 PM

I'm 35 weeks today as well...SO ready for this baby to get out!  Just want her to keep cooking until we get to 37 weeks, and then all bets are off.

My midwife has me starting evening primrose oil and, er, semen donations this week...hopefully that'll get things ready to go.

energy.gifDD 06/05, angel3.gif DD 02/07, bouncy.gif DS 02/08, babygirl.gif DD 01/12

#11 of 43 Old 11-28-2011, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

angela- TOTALLY!  all of my babies have been end-of-the-monthers, and all of them super late, too.  while everyone else is going to be super busy with their newborns, we'll keep each other good company, well into february, if we have to!  love.gif

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#12 of 43 Old 11-28-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfricanQueen99 View Post

I'm with HCM that I'll cheer you all on as I sit back and likely wait for February to roll around before I see a baby.  Believe it or not, this is my third full-term pregnancy and all of them put me at the end of the DDC!  It's so funny when the majority of the women are sharing baby photos while I'm post-dates and buying cohash to get this thing out of me.

I'm with AfricanQueen. I'm a first time mama and due 1/26. Goodness knows when this little guy will make his appearance. I'll be rooting for the early birds in the stands. 

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#13 of 43 Old 11-28-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedarwoman View Post

(No, it's probably the ever-present hip pain from sleeping on my side).

I have hip pain, too! Sometimes it's also pain in my hamstring or elsewhere on my leg. And my abs hurt. My body is suffering so much more than last time, but she's worth it. smile.gif I'm only 33 weeks, so I want to make it to at least 37 weeks (which is xmas day). My son was born at 38 weeks. If this one stays in the same amount of time, then we could be looking at a birth around New Year's Eve, even though I'm due on the 15th of January.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#14 of 43 Old 11-28-2011, 02:33 PM

I am due the 5th.  I actually don't mind waiting until then (so far).  Next Saturday is my last day and work, and, I have a lot to do to get the house ready for my homebirth. I also have washing and organizing to do. 

NishaG momsling.GIF - Wife to Big K for 20 years - Mama to KJ and KC, and our 1st baby girl, KS, born 1/20/12 familybed1.gif diaper.gif!

#15 of 43 Old 11-28-2011, 03:24 PM

I'm due January 10th, and it just feels like I have a lot to do still. And what with Christmas being right there in the middle, my family tried to get me to host in our new house, but I adamantly refused. I contacted a pediatrician for my little girl, so I have that set up, meeting with them next week. I still have to meet with the birth center to complete all my paperwork, and we start birthing classes this week. Hopefully we get to finish them before she gets here, we couldn't get into any earlier ones. I have a feeling she'll run a little late though, a ton a people are hedging their bets on January 17th, including me. Then, today I just heard from my cousin, who is going to be in town at the beginning of January, she wants to possibly stay with me, but I'm pretty sure I do not want that?

I'm feeling the heat. Plus, there's baby stuff to unpack and wash, hopefully I can find a dresser to hold all her tiny things soon. For now they're piled in the sidecar sleeper and pack 'n play. Sheesh, I can't believe how soon she'll be here.

#16 of 43 Old 11-28-2011, 03:32 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtjunker View Post

I'm due January 10th, and it just feels like I have a lot to do still. And what with Christmas being right there in the middle, my family tried to get me to host in our new house, but I adamantly refused.Then, today I just heard from my cousin, who is going to be in town at the beginning of January, she wants to possibly stay with me, but I'm pretty sure I do not want that?

What part of "nine months pregnant" do people Just. Not. Understand???  My parents and uncle also wanted to descend on us for Xmas/New Year's... What in the WORLD are people thinking?

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z (2 1/2)
m/c 07/14 and Baby EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!

#17 of 43 Old 11-28-2011, 03:57 PM

We adamantly refused to leave town for Christmas! I'll be 38 weeks right around then - we cleared that up in the summer, so I don't think anyone has any expectations. Amazingly, some people were surprised... as if we would travel 5+ hours with this belly. (And of course no one suggested visiting here, hilariously, what a weird double standard)

#18 of 43 Old 11-28-2011, 05:49 PM

I'm due around the 17th, so I'm kind of in the middle. 2 out of 3 of my kids have come at over 40wks, but ds2 was about 38 wks. And I've been having so much pressure this time, plus the contractions I had during the summer from dehydration, that dh is just hoping I make it until New Year's. I'm fully expecting to go to the 20th or so. Of course, I have nothing ready except ds3 moved to his own bed, so I'll probably go early. It's just hit me that at most I have 8 more weeks, nothing set up for the birth, no clothes or diapers washed, no place to PUT clothes & diapers....Commence running around with my head cut off mode.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#19 of 43 Old 11-28-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanQueen99 View Post

Me too!  I think my EDD is 1/21 but I went a full 2 weeks over the EDD with my son so I'm not expecting a baby until Feb!  Everyone has told me that #2 is usually earlier but I'd be shocked if I don't go at least a week past.  I also can't wait to hear all the birth stories!!

#20 of 43 Old 11-29-2011, 05:03 AM

rtjunker, if you want your space, just be strong and tell everyone to stay away. People (particularly family) sometimes have no sense.

I told my husband a no-vistors policy is in place from 37 weeks (xmas) until a few weeks after baby comes. If we give birth at home, I do not want random people all around me while I'm screaming. That's not relaxing at all! His parents asked if we're going to visit. Ha! He told them we're not going anywhere. They are 5 hours away, and my labor was 2 hours last time. I am not giving birth in a car in the winter in the middle of nowhere.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#21 of 43 Old 11-29-2011, 08:49 AM

I'm not due until Feb. 3rd, but just thought I'd share that my 2nd was the closest to my due date. All my other kids were earlier.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#22 of 43 Old 11-29-2011, 10:17 AM

Another Jan 8th mama here. I am getting nervous but it's mostly because DH is traveling a lot and I feel like I still have to much to do. I did finish baby's diapers and wool stash, so that's one stress off my back. But I still need to declutter more, have the stuff picked up, sew a few lap gowns, make DD's birthday dress and Waldorf doll (her bday is in 1 1/2 weeks ah!) wrap Christmas presents, finish a few more freezer meals, wash all the baby things, and look at a bigger vehicle (and that's just the things off the top of my head)

Stressing out here, losing patience, feeling uncomfortable, peeing every 5 freaking minutes, and not a happy camper overall. 

Sarah. Wife to Pearry, mama to Pearry II and Isabella Rose, born Breech at home and Benjamin, our January 1st bebe intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpg

#23 of 43 Old 11-29-2011, 11:09 AM

I'm due January 5th.  Over the last week I've had some early Pre-E signs so I've been told to take it easy.  Luckily it was caught really early and my high protein diet is helping immensely, and I'm so glad for my midwives who have really done a great job of watching my symptoms, but I can't stand taking it easy.  It drives me nuts to be not working and also not able to do most of the housework.  I'm not the kind of person who can sit down and relax when there are piles of this or that that need to be taken care of but I'm trying to remember that I am working really hard to make a healthy baby and not to be so hard on myself for not getting to the other things.   Anyone else have a hard time being unable to do things you used to do?

#24 of 43 Old 11-29-2011, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

I pointed out yesterday to my mountain-climbing, airplane-jumping, former Air Force pilot husband that we could have a baby as soon as 4 weeks from now (I'm almost 34 weeks)... He almost fainted in the kitchen.  Guess I found out how to freak out an unflappable man. orngbiggrin.gif

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z (2 1/2)
m/c 07/14 and Baby EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!

#25 of 43 Old 11-29-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinwoo View Post

Anyone else have a hard time being unable to do things you used to do?

OMG, yes!  I've got to get everything off the carpeted areas, because we're getting the carpets cleaned this weekend, and I start getting BH and feeling like I'm going to lose bladder control after a couple of times bending over to pick things up.  I HATE it!  I'm not used to asking for help and not being able to lift heavy stuff by myself.

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#26 of 43 Old 11-29-2011, 01:12 PM

In high gear preparation mode after 2 hours of contractions and cramps last night. I'm just 34w5d but I'm preparing for an early arrival after last night. My 2nd dd was born at 37w4d. That's 3 weeks away from where I am not but you know how fast weeks go when you are busy with other kids! I'm not prepared at all should he come early. I haven't even washed his diapers, clothes, breast pump, blankets and nor have I stocked the freezer! Ahhhh

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#27 of 43 Old 11-29-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinwoo View Post

Anyone else have a hard time being unable to do things you used to do?

YES! Everything takes me twice as long as it used to and now I have to sloooow down even more. I had contractions for 2 hours last night. It really feels as though my body is really gearing up so I need to take it easy but I have a million things to do to get ready. He needs to stay inside for at least 2 more weeks. 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#28 of 43 Old 11-29-2011, 02:40 PM

I'll be full term on the 11th! Crazy...I almost puked when I realized december is a few days away. I'm due new years.

belly.gif Nova born on 12/15/11 
belly.gifCapri expected 1/26/14

#29 of 43 Old 11-29-2011, 09:56 PM

so i've been reading the due date club posts for a bit now, and have decided to join at a mere 34 weeks! this is my first post. :) i am due january 11th with my first and am betting on being somewhere close to that since i know when i ovulated...wishful thinking perhaps?  i read an article recently that talked about professionals wanting to make gestational age 41 weeks officially since women gestate for an average of 40 +3. anyway, i'm excited to be joining and looking forward to all of your birth stories!

homebirth.jpg intactlact.gif love of DH and mama to DS born 1/12

#30 of 43 Old 11-29-2011, 09:57 PM

so i've been reading the due date club posts for a bit now, and have decided to join at a mere 34 weeks! this is my first post. :) i am due january 11th with my first and am betting on being somewhere close to that since i know when i ovulated...wishful thinking perhaps?  i read an article recently that talked about professionals wanting to make gestational age 41 weeks officially since women gestate for an average of 40 +3. anyway, i'm excited to be joining and looking forward to all of your birth stories!

homebirth.jpg intactlact.gif love of DH and mama to DS born 1/12

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page