Has anyone else lost all patience? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 11-29-2011, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just can't take nonsense anymore!

I'm on this e-mail list and diapers were discussed yesterday. It was a mother-to-be asking for advice on where to put the dirty diapers (disposables). Trying to be helpful, I wrote that we had the bin inside for the first few months. As long as our son was exclusively breastfed, they did not really stink. Then we added other food, the smell got worse, and we had to move the bin outside. I also mentioned briefly that I would like to try reusable diapers this time, though my husband is not sold on the idea. Does all of this sound reasonable?

Apparently not. Someone immediately replied to say breastfed babies do have stinky diapers and to "beware of experts" who scare mothers that something is wrong with their babies if the diapers do stink. confused.gif

She also wrote that putting the diaper bin outside is "disrespectful" of neighbors and to do so is not "sensible". Our bin has a lid and even my pregnant nose can't smell anything when it's closed!

Finally, she wrote it was "good to think" reusables are good, though they are not really due to the amount of work and strain on the environment. Huh? I just mentioned I wanted to try them. I did not push them on anyone.

Then when I wrote to defend my points, she claimed she never attacked me. Argghhhhh! I just do not have the patience for playing the social circus nowadays. Like when someone counters point-for-point what I thought was a helpful, non-controversial mail.

Is anyone else suffering from a diminishing patience reserve? Share your stories! Assure me I'm not going crazy!

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#2 of 21 Old 11-29-2011, 07:58 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Oh, you're certainly not alone.  I get road rage all the time these days, my poor husband can't seem to finish construction soon enough for my taste (and I make it very clear in sometimes not the nicest way possible), and the dogs end up in time-out almost every day because I can't take any barking. 

Happy housewife and mom to big Z, born at home 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and happy to get back to trying!  
#3 of 21 Old 11-29-2011, 08:57 AM

I had bare minimum patience before, I have absolutely NONE now. I mean none. I usually just lock myself in my room and take a nap at this point..it's the only thing that keeps me sane. 

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#4 of 21 Old 11-29-2011, 09:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

OMG, me too!  My poor little dog...if he barks even once, on goes his jacket and outside he goes!!  I've never been a very patient person to begin with, but it's just getting worse and worse.  Everything ticks me off and everything makes me cry.  Can't wait for all those wonderful hormones to start flooding in after the birth...hoping they'll help make me sane again, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montessorimama1 View Post

...and the dogs end up in time-out almost every day because I can't take any barking. 

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
#5 of 21 Old 11-29-2011, 10:32 AM

Pretty much everyone at work is ticking me off. Some people for good reason, others just for breathing. nono.gif

Fortunately for the sake of my reputation, I have my own office and I can usually keep my disgusted comments private. 

I told my cat to shut up this morning. 

My DH can't work fast enough on our renovations. To my credit, our office is still an office and doesn't look an ounce like a nursery. I'm 32 weeks. Com'on already. 

I've found that the hypnobabies audio files really do help calm me down, though. Thanks, Dev!

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#6 of 21 Old 11-29-2011, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Also incredibly impatient over here.

My 4 year old son is in full on holiday hyper mode for the past few weeks and it is driving me nuts! It is so hard to not lose my temper at some of the insane things he does...

I told my husband the other day I worry that I am going to blow up on our son and that he will contribute angry mom to new little brother and have hard feelings towards the impending sibling arrival.

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#7 of 21 Old 11-29-2011, 11:38 AM

This thread makes me LOL..in a bad/good way. 

writinglove - I've seriously gotten so upset at people breathing too loudly I've cried. same thing with coughing..this woman in my IT class smokes so she smells of smoke so badly and coughs during the entire class. I start to cry. It is SO irritating!!!

#8 of 21 Old 11-29-2011, 01:08 PM

Yes! I have no patience. Two weeks ago, I went through what felt like an emotional crisis. I cried every single day. I was frustrated nearly every waking moment by my kids not listening, my husband's antics and anything that anyone said to me, frankly. I was a MESS! I was screaming at my kids so much that I just put a movie on for them to protect them from me and locked myself in my room! Thank God it has passed! I feel more centered now but believe me when I say it's taking a lot of my energy to not lose my energy to impatience. 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#9 of 21 Old 11-29-2011, 01:26 PM

No patience, mixed with crying fits here, too.

#10 of 21 Old 11-29-2011, 01:31 PM

well, i just got over a 6 week cold and so I feel like a new person...but while I was sick, I was so tired and drained all the time. I had no patience for my poor four year old or my husband and I cried a lot over, well, nothing! I'm so happy to be healthy again that I really have a rejuvenated attitude but now I'm getting huge and starting to get uncomfortable so we'll see how long that lasts winky.gif

#11 of 21 Old 12-01-2011, 01:53 PM

I just told the woman on my hypnobabies mp3 to shut up. I guess I am an extra slice of cranky today. mischievous.gif

cwill likes this.

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#12 of 21 Old 12-01-2011, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by writinglove View Post

I just told the woman on my hypnobabies mp3 to shut up. I guess I am an extra slice of cranky today. mischievous.gif

Love this. :)  That poor woman must be told off pretty often... ;)

writinglove likes this.

Happy housewife and mom to big Z, born at home 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and happy to get back to trying!  
#13 of 21 Old 12-01-2011, 04:22 PM

I recently informed my computer that it was stupid and then broke down crying, much to DH's shock. I also snapped at the dogs for doing the usual doggie thing of circling around their favorite comfy spot before laying down....I told them if they didn't pick a spot to lay down on, I would pick one FOR them....of course, they just stopped and stared...

#14 of 21 Old 12-01-2011, 05:34 PM

Oh Kabob..I do with with my Diesel..he is so very sensitive to my tones and voice..sometimes I  just shout at him 'why are you being so annoying!' and he's probably wondering the same thing about me. Haha. 

#15 of 21 Old 12-01-2011, 06:24 PM

So little patience. My poor kids. :( A couple weeks ago, my oldest told dh I was acting like Grandma. Which is NOT a good thing. And it seems completely reasonable to be angry about x at the time.

It doesn't help my kids WILL NOT do their school work. I have to yell & push them for hours to get 10 minutes of work. And I just DO NOT have the energy for this bs every single day. I have so much I need to get done & no energy in general. Having to use up all my reserves of patience & energy because I can't just tell them to go work & have them do it....argh!!

...I'm better now. :)

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#16 of 21 Old 12-02-2011, 05:25 AM - Thread Starter

Your stories are awesome!

My latest moment is getting upset because the grocery store stopped carrying my favorite granola bar. It sounds really silly when I think about it. winky.gif

My son is actually in a very sweet phase right now, so I'm in a better mood. And I've been importing his baby video footage onto the computer, which makes me smile. smile.gif

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#17 of 21 Old 12-02-2011, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post

It doesn't help my kids WILL NOT do their school work. I have to yell & push them for hours to get 10 minutes of work. And I just DO NOT have the energy for this bs every single day. I have so much I need to get done & no energy in general. Having to use up all my reserves of patience & energy because I can't just tell them to go work & have them do it....argh!!

We went through that at the beginning of the school year. My older two kids have homework for the first time (they were in a waldorf school through last school year) and man...it droves me nuts. Now I refuse to remind them. They have to bring their finished homework TO ME and I sign off every day. If they don't bring it, they lose a privilege (which so far has been our Friday night movie). 

It worked after 2 weeks of a learning curve! Try it! One less thing to lose my cool over! Phew! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#18 of 21 Old 12-02-2011, 10:47 AM

Patience? What is that? I have ZERO lately.

Navy wife, mama of 3 girls, 3 boys, 2 kitties and wanting more. No vax, no circ, trying to live as natural as  we can. We are working on it
#19 of 21 Old 12-02-2011, 04:20 PM

Patience. Hehe. I think that and tolerance have been hiding under the bed with the dust bunnies for months now. I hope they come back after the baby arrives!  I actually yelled at my husband for CHEWING TOO LOUD. Fortunately he is a good sport about it, and seems to understand that this is the hormones talking, not me.

#20 of 21 Old 12-02-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunteater View Post

Patience. Hehe. I think that and tolerance have been hiding under the bed with the dust bunnies for months now. I hope they come back after the baby arrives!  I actually yelled at my husband for CHEWING TOO LOUD. Fortunately he is a good sport about it, and seems to understand that this is the hormones talking, not me.

I lost it on my husband the other night because his watch was ticking to loud lol

Navy wife, mama of 3 girls, 3 boys, 2 kitties and wanting more. No vax, no circ, trying to live as natural as  we can. We are working on it
#21 of 21 Old 12-02-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunteater View Post

I lost it on my husband the other night because his watch was ticking to loud lol

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page