Baby dropped...anyone else's? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-30-2011, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So those 2 hours of contractions the other night proved helpful....baby is super low now! Yay! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2011, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yeppers, mine dropped sometime Sunday night while I was sleeping.  All I can say is "Ouch!"  It's better today, but Monday and Tuesday, the pelvic pressure and pubic bone pain made it difficult to walk!  Also, I'm now measuring a tiny bit less than I was last week.  It's exciting, but more uncomfortable than I expected. redface.gif

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
Old 11-30-2011, 06:48 PM

Yep, my doctor actually checked me today and said "Wow is he low! At this rate, he's going to be a December baby!" I wasn't surprised...since yesterday I suddenly feel like I'm carrying a cantaloupe between my legs...not that I've ever done that. orngtongue.gif

Gotta love our early January due dates...

Old 11-30-2011, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, it's crazy how much space is between the "girls" and the fundus. I forgot what that feels like! I did notice I was super hungry today. It's as if my stomach is like "more room in here again, fill'er up!" 

Old 11-30-2011, 07:41 PM

I've had the 'bowling ball in the pelvis' feeling for a few weeks now... had made going to the bathroom verrry interesting (TMI, but when I try to go #2 I have to go in little bits at a time because the pressure is just CRAZY! Plus rather than having regularly 'formed' poops they all now look like I squeezed them through one of those playdoh fat ribbon makers)

I'm hoping baby holds off until 38+ weeks though, December 20th (37 weeks) is just TOO soon.

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 11-30-2011, 08:11 PM

*sigh* you all seem..relieved..so I suppose I haven't dropped yet. I feel cramped in my own body. Waiting for the day then. I can't breath!  

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

Old 12-01-2011, 05:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarwoman View Post

I've had the 'bowling ball in the pelvis' feeling for a few weeks now... had made going to the bathroom verrry interesting (TMI, but when I try to go #2 I have to go in little bits at a time because the pressure is just CRAZY! Plus rather than having regularly 'formed' poops they all now look like I squeezed them through one of those playdoh fat ribbon makers)

ROTFLMAO.gif That made for an awesome visual on my end of the screen! 

Old 12-01-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post

ROTFLMAO.gif That made for an awesome visual on my end of the screen! 

Uh, yeah...I will never look at play-doh the same way again! Heh. I totally understand, though...I keep telling my non-pregnant friends that there are so many things about pregnancy that people don't talk about that I wish I knew about sooner...like the extra discharge down there all of a sudden...I never thought I'd need pads while pregnant! 

Old 12-01-2011, 07:38 PM

I have been feeling this kid down low for most of my pregnancy... so how the heck can I tell if he has dropped?  I am intrigued.  I am almost positive that I am farther along than what my doctor is telling me.  My periods were always irregular, so I am thinking that wasn't really helpful in determining my due date.  Not too mention I have been measuring ahead almost the whole pregnancy.

My first son, born on his due date, was only 5lbs 15oz.  The rate this kid is growing, if he is indeed due on the date predicted, he will be about ten pounds!!!

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilichiki View Post

I have been feeling this kid down low for most of my pregnancy... so how the heck can I tell if he has dropped?  I am intrigued. 

You'll notice when his butt is about 4-6 inches lower than it was the day before. My babe's bum was right under my ribs....now it's about 3 inches above my belly button 

Old 12-02-2011, 09:23 AM

I still feel this kid near my ribs, must not be dropping yet!!

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:07 AM

i have to admit, i'm not looking forward to this one dropping. I remember that bowling ball between the legs feeling with my first. And I've had so much pelvic pressure with this one from about 20 weeks on, I'm not going to be able to walk when she drops blush.gif but maybe that means she's been fairly low the whole time and the change won't be so dramatic??

Old 12-02-2011, 04:21 PM

I feel like *something* changed in the last couple of days, but I really have no idea what. I don't have anything that resembles a "coconut/cantaloupe/bowlingball-between-the-legs" feeling, but suddenly my bladder went from low capacity to no capacity, we can't have sex anymore (ouch!), and when I'm walking around I feel like I have an electrical short in my groin.

How do you know when the baby's head has engaged? And does this signify anything in terms of when to expect labor to start?

Old 12-03-2011, 02:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunteater View Post

How do you know when the baby's head has engaged? And does this signify anything in terms of when to expect labor to start?

It could mean anything and everything depending on the mama! For me, it has always meant baby will be here in 2, maybe 3 weeks. 

User Tag List