What's on your labor soundtrack?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-01-2011, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a hypnobirthing CD coming. It's been so long since my last labor that I can't remember what I listened to....so please share! I need ideas!

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 12-01-2011, 08:04 PM

Oh, I want ideas too!  I'm hypnobirthing so I have the relaxation/affirmation tracts, some relaxing calming instrumental music recommended by hypnobirthing, and I just got a free Earth Mama Angel Baby relaxation birth CD but haven't listened to it yet.  I kind of want some regular music, too.

#3 of 10 Old 12-01-2011, 08:07 PM

I might be the only one, but I can't stand background noise while I'm concentrating on laboring my babies.  I need silence...and don't talk to me unless I initiate!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#4 of 10 Old 12-02-2011, 08:21 AM

I am SO not in the mainstream with this one...I don't like the music to be calming, because I sing through my contractions to distract myself from the pain, and like having stuff that other people will sing along with (and laugh, once they realize they know the words).  We have a playlist full of cheesy 80's and 90's music specifically for labor.  bag.gif

energy.gifDD 06/05, angel3.gif DD 02/07, bouncy.gif DS 02/08, babygirl.gif DD 01/12

#5 of 10 Old 12-02-2011, 09:07 PM

I have some belly dance music for early labour... I don't know what/if anything to put on for active and later labour, I figure I will ask DH to put on whatever it is that I want if in fact I do want music at that point - I feel like it would be something repetitive, like half-hour continuous chanting on a track (I have done work with mantras in my yoga practice so I feel like my recordings of those might be helpful if anything) rather than short songs, but it's hard to say!  

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#6 of 10 Old 12-03-2011, 07:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have some instrumental celtic music (like one of those CD's you can get at Target, lol!  I love it!) for really early labor, but once things get a bit more active, I'll be using Hypnobabies tracks.  I also imagine that I'll want silence at some point.  We'll see! innocent.gif

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
#7 of 10 Old 12-08-2011, 03:27 PM

I have a lot of 'easy listening' music, Celtic, soundtrack, Enya, Secret Garden type music on my list. I have the same playlist from my last birth on my computer, I need to add a few more though. 

Sarah. Wife to Pearry, mama to Pearry II and Isabella Rose, born Breech at home and Benjamin, our January 1st bebe intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpg

#8 of 10 Old 12-09-2011, 05:03 AM

I have only 3 or 4 tracks on my list so far... I just am not sure what I'll want to listen to, and I can get around my itunes pretty quickly so I figure i can always tell someone what to put on? (hopefully i will be able to communicate that!)  besides that I am someone who NEEDS music or SOMETHING in the background or my mind spins and wonders so I downloaded about 7 or 8 tracks of nature sounds that I figure I could always put on if I can't make up my mind otherwise.  I made sure they actually sound like the woods and stuff, not cheezy fake birds and waterfalls!!!  :)

wool.gif   homebirth.jpg   treehugger.gif

#9 of 10 Old 12-09-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanQueen99 View Post

I might be the only one, but I can't stand background noise while I'm concentrating on laboring my babies.  I need silence...and don't talk to me unless I initiate!

This is how I felt with my son.  I had brought cds with me to the birth center but the last thing I wanted to add to the environment when I was there was more noise.

But lately I've been thinking that it might work really well for me to listen to music on headphones.  That is something that often works well for me in situations where I have total sensory overload (planes etc).  Trouble is, I expect that as soon as things get hot and heavy, I'm probably going to want to get nekkid so how would I carry around an ipod?  Maybe I could borrow one of those bands they put the monitors on, heh.

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#10 of 10 Old 12-09-2011, 09:11 PM

I've never even tried to listen to music in labour. It just never occurred to me. Wonder if I should put a few different things on my ipod to see if I like it. Worth a shot, at least. I'll be tweeting my birth, so I'll have the ipod with me.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page