December Chat - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 56 Old 12-02-2011, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The end is near. What is on your mind? What have you loved about being pregnant? What have you hated about being pregnant?

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#2 of 56 Old 12-02-2011, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

My rectus muscles have started to separate and it is remarkably painful. I can see a little mountain range in the middle of my abdomen when I sit up. greensad.gif

Pregnancy love: my beautiful belly

Pregnancy hate: my weird appetite

What is on my mind: birth -- all the freaking time.

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

#3 of 56 Old 12-02-2011, 05:53 PM

My belly has gone from feeling 'hard' to 'squishy' is that normal? It feels so strange now to touch. 

I've had it with being pregnant, honestly. I'm exhausted all the time. I got on the scale tonight for some unGodly reason for the first time and now am in a constant state of panic. I feel awful about myself.

As if that wasn't bad enough, I feel like I'm in a perpetual state of crankiness and exhaustion. I can't sleep. I'm so freaking tired. 

I do love that I get to carry her with me everywhere I go still, having a hard time dealing with the fact that the will be no more soon. That I'll have to leave her and that makes me upset. Right now I know she's safe - from everything. And she's with me. Soon..everything changes. *sigh* 

I can't believe it's almost that time, I'm freaking out about labor, finishing school, being done with work. I am SO over working with the public. They are just nasty around the holidays, and I'm always tired so I just don't want to deal. I love that people will watch me work, see that I'm hurting or exhausted, and literally just stand there and watch me and get annoyed when I slow down or take too long. I understand it's not their job to help but damn..I'm 35 weeks pregnant cut the pregnant girl some slack! 

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#4 of 56 Old 12-02-2011, 07:48 PM

Hmmm... I'm loving touching the baby's feet when they press out on my right (still head down, lying either along my left side or back to my front, hooray!) I love that DH and my mom and dad are all really excited... I like feeling how soft my belly skin is.

I'm really not loving not sleeping. I didn't expect sleep deprivation like this and it's really taking its toll. I am having BHs all the time and the only relief I get is if I lie down, but I hate doing that because my hips are just in knots from side-sleeping. DH has been trying to massage them but I don't get much relief, and the best yoga poses I could do to really get at them are not possible anymore now that baby's dropped and belly's in the way. (whine whine whine, I know)

On my mind... birth birth birth. Getting the last few things ready, worrying about a lot of logistical stuff (will the dogs be okay with the midwives? Will the midwives get here in time? When will my mom get here? I can't afford to freeze extra food right now in large portions so we're not looking at having much of that and I'm worried... money is running out generally and that is worrying... and in terms of the actual birth, the only things I worry about are crazy worst-case scenarios)

Kaitlyn, my belly got soft once the baby dropped and "picked a side"... (so is firmer on the left usually). Sometimes the baby has turned a little posterior and then it is QUITE soft because its back is no longer against the outside. Also, possibly my stomach muscles finally "gave up" ;)

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#5 of 56 Old 12-02-2011, 08:44 PM

I just feel in such a state of shock that it is almost over.  I am having my home visit from the midwife in less then a week and the baby will be full in term in just over 2 weeks!  I am also overwhelmed with my work load and having a hard time keeping up.  It's 8:30 pm right now and I still have to do a sink full of dishes, to fold 3 loads of laundry and then hopefully have a bit of time to work on Christmas gifts.  I just wish I had time to even think about the birth, I haven't been in labor for almost 5 years and I worry that I may have forgotten how to travel the road.  Feeling woefully unprepared here.

I am loving my pregnant belly, all my clothes fit and I never have to worry about my stomach looking fat LOL.  I know that after this baby is born I will look like a deflated blob and I am NOT looking forward to that. 

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
#6 of 56 Old 12-03-2011, 12:00 AM

Writinglove : To help with your diastatis. Lie on your back, feet flat, knees up. Cross your hands over where it's separated to hold it together & lift only your head. 10reps a couple times a day.

I'm freaking out that my house is a disaster, as usual. And that we have nothing organized for the birth. I've cleared space for the pool 2 times & had everyone fill it back up again within days. I cleared out space in the closet for a couple plastic things for some baby clothes and when we moved the beds so ds3 could have his own, they got buried behind the boxes dh hadn't bothered going through yet. So, I have no place to give birth, no place to put clothes & diapers, a complete mess everywhere in my house. And to top everything off, we have Christmas coming up. Kids are covered, but trying to find dh something when I wish we could cancel Christmas is not going well. And we can only buy stuff on credit until we get more money on the 20th.

And, yet again, we haven't even got a short list of baby names picked out.

All I can say is this baby better stay in until next month! 6 more weeks.

I feel huge & ungainly & uncomfortable. I've never felt this bad at the end of a pregnancy before. I actually loved being pregnant with ds3 at the end. I felt so great then & so blech now, it's bizarre.

Erm...so yeah, not coping well right now.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#7 of 56 Old 12-03-2011, 09:59 AM

thinking about birth all the time

works are still not finished in the new apartment and i'm freaking out majorly. how am i going to move the whole house?:/ driving myself and DH crazy about it

these are two topics on my mind, nothing else really.

hijab.gif  rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif K born Jan 2012 now we are bfinfant.gif familybed1.gif and learning how to slingboy.gif and CD

baby R brokenheart.gif Oct 2011.

#8 of 56 Old 12-03-2011, 01:52 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

On my mind: Will my husband EVER finish the construction project or will I have to labor under scaffolding and next to the shop-vac??  Can I finish turning 5 dozen pre-folds into fitteds (different sizes, of course) before the baby comes?  Why do I suddenly have more work than I know what to do with, and when am I going to be able to cook meals to freeze if suddenly everyone wants me to write copy for their Montessori websites???

What I'll miss: The adorable kicks and wiggles that are mine and mine alone to enjoy... Being able to eat whatever I feel like without feeling guilty... Having the entire day to myself, and spending it doing the things I love... Thick hair... Strangers who get excited about the pregnancy and baby... My midwife appointments... Having an excuse to nap every day...

What I won't miss: Peeing every half hour, day and night...  Leg cramps, backaches, and side-sleeping...  A brain that is one step behind everyone else's...  Being heavier than my husband... My lack of libido... Fitting into only two pairs of shoes...

I'm so excited that the baby will be full term in only three weeks (although like my midwife says, I probably won't deliver until 40 or 41 weeks, which is fine by me!)  I had a HUUUUUGE growth spurt this week, a very tight tummy, some BH, and baby is in optimal head-down, left anterior position, happily kicking away at my right side and measuring right on target!  Leaning over the yoga ball for hours at a time definitely works!

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z (2 1/2)
m/c 07/14 and Baby EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!

#9 of 56 Old 12-04-2011, 03:19 AM

I have never been one to enjoy feeling the baby move (it's nice to feel her move, yes, but it's not nice to be beaten up 23 hours out of the day.  This kid NEVER stops moving.)  I won't miss getting up to pee every 5 minutes, I won't miss being so exhausted all the time, I won't miss leg cramps and backaches.  DH won't miss having to do all of the dishes (I've accidentally banged my tummy against the sink one too many times and officially gave up.)  And I feel like a big moose, so I'll be glad to be able to focus on getting myself back into fighting shape.

This is the first pregnancy that I've had a DH with me from start to finish (ex-h always had issues during my pregnancy and would disappear for weeks at a time; he only ever went to one actual birth), and not only has DH been present the entire time, but he doesn't hesitate to rub my feet, rub my back, help with with stuff, and every day he has his hand on my belly, feeling the baby kick.  I am really not a fan of the whole pregnancy process in general, but it has made me really happy to do it with someone who is a real PARTNER.  It's been fun to teach him about what is normal (this is his first baby/first pregnancy), explain things to him, etc.  I'm sure he'll be thrilled when I have my libido back as well; he practically threw a party when the midwife said we needed to be having every-other-day sex starting at 35 weeks.

I'm not looking forward to whatever my MIL is going to do after this baby comes.  DH's brother has never let her spend more than a day or two with either of their sons, and this is her first baby granddaughter.  She flat out ignores anything we ask her to do, and she has a history of overstepping with DH's nephews (though some of that may have something to do with the fact that SIL is a nutjob that gets offended if you blink in her direction at the wrong time, so who knows who is at fault?)  That said, just like ex-h always checked out of my pregnancies, ex-MIL barely acknowledged my kids' existence, so I guess I should be happy for what I've got.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit scared about having a homebirth.  I've had three inductions, in the hospital, with epidurals, and not only do I have no idea what it's like to go into labor spontaneously, but I also have no idea what it's like to do it all without any drugs, without laying on my back in a bed, etc.  I'm worried that my midwife won't make it in time (she's about an hour away, if there's no traffic) and I'm worried that I'll go into labor on a weekday and DH won't make it in time either (he works about 30 minutes away, most of it on a highway that rarely has any traffic.)  I have trumpeted this homebirth thing to all of my mainstream friends and family, and I'm also worried that something will go wrong.

What's on my mind right now?  Breakfast.  Because I've been up since 4am.  Then it's time to organize the cloth diaper stash, and we have plans to go to the last farmer's market of the season (boo!) and the art museum to look at the holiday decorations.  Christmas has definitely cheered this exhausted girl up!

energy.gifDD 06/05, angel3.gif DD 02/07, bouncy.gif DS 02/08, babygirl.gif DD 01/12

#10 of 56 Old 12-04-2011, 07:02 AM

I'm 36 weeks tomorrow - full term in a week although I hope to go until at least 38 weeks if not longer.  When I went for a massage yesterday some woman was like "no you won't go that long, look at that belly, you'll go tonight!" um, thanks... I'd rather not though ;)  My bun is not done baking!

My pregnancy loves:   my big beautiful belly.  feeling him kick and squirm.  maternity clothes.  that i have stayed fit and active throughout this pregnancy. prenatal massages.

My pregnancy dislikes: heartburn, crying over stupid stuff, hemorrhoids, swelling.  And the sinking feeling that comes whenever I think "this is probably my last pregnancy/child" which I try very hard to be in denial about ;)  

I need to get my hospital bags together, and the cosleeper set up and the carseat installed.  And the 0-3 month boy clothes out at some point too.  I have a bunch of stuff that needs to get moved out of my bedroom so that we can set up the glider, mini fridge and TV in the sitting area for my "babymoon" postpartum.

#11 of 56 Old 12-04-2011, 10:01 AM

I feel like so much has changed since my husband & I found out we were unexpectedly pregnant. I've had so many awesome moments of pure joy that I wish I could have bottled up and used for the more difficult times. Our whole family has sacrificed a lot for this baby... we moved out of our home to save money and both my husband and I put our career moves on the back burner. It's been a really challenging 9 months honestly. I'm extremely anxious and scared about the next year because we are supposed to get back on track in 6 months and make the leap to another city with a newborn in tow. I've changed a lot, the idea of having 3 children has changed me, it's even more official. 

I'm not a fan of being pregnant really so I don't think I'll miss very much. I look forward to sharing cute moments with my children and husband, learning about my son, and getting my hormones back to normal (eventually, sigh). 

#12 of 56 Old 12-04-2011, 01:24 PM

"Holy crap, it's December!"

"Wow..."

Quotes of my life. I'm really thankful that DH is still around, since he left for Afghanistan the day I turned 32 weeks with DS. I'm also really thankful that I have an amazing support system, am still exercising, and DS is (mostly) a delight.

I'll miss this baby being totally cared for INSIDE my body...he/she is so portable and quiet in their cave.

I'm not going to miss:

-feeling brain-dead

-crying over dropped toast

-lugging this belly around

-giant panties

Really thinking about my VBAC and how cool it's gonna be to have two kidlets :)

...and bread with homemade jam...

#13 of 56 Old 12-04-2011, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Last night after peeing for the third time during a movie, I walked back into the family room and said to my husband, "man, Mrs. Duggar has done this 20 times! How does she do it?"

#14 of 56 Old 12-05-2011, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by writinglove View Post

Last night after peeing for the third time during a movie, I walked back into the family room and said to my husband, "man, Mrs. Duggar has done this 20 times! How does she do it?"

LOL!! I've totally said that too!! I haven't had a difficult pregnancy at all, and I still can't imagine doing this 20 times ROTFLMAO.gif

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#15 of 56 Old 12-05-2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:

My husband and I had this same conversation... I mean, I can't imagine being in a hormonal fog/rage for such a long time, it's like your spouse won't even know who you really are until after menopause!

#16 of 56 Old 12-05-2011, 11:46 AM

december already, wow, it's crazy!!  we are "due" on december 31, so we'll be term later on this week. insane!

what's on my mind?  getting everything organized for Christmas for sure - cards, wrapping presents etc...  the nursery is ready as are the clothes and cloth diapers.  dp has started leaking milk so her boobs are ready too, lol!!

what will i miss?  feeling baby girl kick when she hears my voice, dp's beautiful big pregnant belly, the boys loving on their sister by kissing and hugging dp's belly...

what is dp not going to miss?  horrible leg cramps in her calfs and soleus, nasty heartburn, the whole puking for 5 months part, peeing every time she stands up.

dp's libido has been pretty crazy - in a good way.  ;)

the place dp ended up working at as a temporary employee after she was laid off in may has no guarantee she can come back after maternity leave.  if she can't find anything within a couple of months of being post-partum we plan on her becoming a SAHM.  it's not perfect since she has no real desire to do that but she may be able to part-time coach fencing in the evenings

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#17 of 56 Old 12-05-2011, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

Absolutely! This has been an incredibly easy pregnancy, but I am so over it at this point. It is unfathomable to spend the majority of the next 20 years being pregnant!

I honestly can't believe it's December.  When I began yoga teacher training in the spring, one of the other women training with me was also pregnant and a few weeks ahead of me.  Now she is due any day now!

What's on my mind?  Like many have already said, the delivery and caring for a newborn are at the forefront of my mind almost constantly.  I'm starting to feel very zen about the whole thing though.

One aspect of being pregnant that I've really loved is the common bond with other women.  Where I live people are not especially friendly to each other, so it has been very nice to have women smile and start up a conversation with me.  It's also nice when random strangers tell you how nice you look, glowing, etc.  I love feeling the baby move all throughout the day, knowing how safe, protected and nurtured he/she is inside of me right now.

I'm not going to miss obsessing over every little thing I eat.  I'm not going to miss feeling bi-polar.  I look forward to having a functioning mind again, and drinking a glass of wine.

We're almost there!!

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#18 of 56 Old 12-05-2011, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I, also, can't believe it's December and we're all almost ready to meet our little ones.  Crazy!

Homework, homework, homework...that's what's on my mind almost all the time.  I have two weeks left of this semester and I'm WAY behind on a major assignment (made up of about 50 smaller assignments)...the whole thing is due on the 15th and I'm just not sure if I can actually finish it in time.  I just don't have the stamina I used to have...can't keep my brain functioning past 3pm, can't seem to keep my eyes open past 8pm!  I remember when I used to be able to pull all-nighters cramming for tests or finishing research papers...those days are long gone, lol!

Money is also on my mind.  We ran out of it completely, and had to ask DHs parents for a loan until we get our next financial aid check in January.  That was embarrassing.  And because the loan is just enough for bills and food for the next 6 weeks, there is no money whatsoever for Christmas presents.  DH and I are going to make each other a gift, but that will be it this year.  I guess, though, we'll be getting the most incredible Christmas present ever when Sprout is born...so that more than makes up for it.  I still can't help feeling a bit sad, though.

What I've loved about being pregnant...feeling movement in the second trimester (it has actually gotten painful this last part of pregnancy, though), hearing baby's heartbeat for the first time, planning for the birth, practicing Hypnobabies with DH, friends/family/random strangers asking what the gender is and then happily making guesses when we tell them that it's a surprise, talking and singing to the baby and feeling her/him move in response.

What I've not loved about being pregnant...tailbone/sciatic pain, severe acid reflux, mood swings, gaining weight, not sleeping due to sciatic pain and acid reflux, pain down low in my abdomen/uterus due to baby dropping recently, pressure waves/Braxton Hicks all day every day since 24 weeks (!!!), and like the rest of you, PEEING FIVE MILLION TIMES PER NIGHT AND ALL DAY LONG. lol.gif

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
#19 of 56 Old 12-05-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:

The end is near. What is on your mind? What have you loved about being pregnant? What have you hated about being pregnant?

I like this thread! Love reading everyone's responses...some of which made me LOL! 

What's on my mind: 

Let's see...the birth! Thinking a whole lot about the birth. Feeling anticipatory anxiety about the pain and trying to work through any fears.

Thinking about seeing his face for the first time and then holding his hand in mine and looking at every square inch of his body.

Thinking about watching him nurse for the first time.

Falling in love with him.

Freezer meals and organizing a menu for 6 weeks.

Laundry---need to wash/prep all his clothes & diapers

Peace---really going to make a conscience effort to relax after my planning is through. I just want to relax those last few days and stare at my belly and envision a beautiful birth and babymoon

What have you loved about being pregnant: 

Feeling him move! 

Watching my belly grow

Full-panelled jeans! LOL

Dreams of connecting with my baby

Ability to connect to my heart/emotions much more deeply

What have you hated about being pregnant: 

My current insomnia. I'm going on 4 hours of sleep this last week straight. Can't sleep AT ALL

The size & darkness of my nipples (oy!)

The size of my butt, my ankles and my thighs that are currently filled with water

My husband annoying me all day long to take my vitamins 

Mood swings and fatigue

Morning sickness---worse out of any pregnancy I've had

Tossing and turning all night long since about week 20

Not being able to sleep on my belly

Not being able to get out of bed, tie my shoes or put socks on without help!

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#20 of 56 Old 12-05-2011, 07:41 PM

What's on my mind....how to get through the next 2 days - hubbie is away at a conference and my 2.5 yr old is sick with a nasty chest cold, cough, fever, etc for the first time in his life.  I feel very guilty that my milk has dried up and have nothing to have prevented this or the ability to treat it with my milk.  Now, I'm getting sick and feel so achy, sore throat, stuffy, exhausted.  I have so much respect for single parents!!  Also starting to stress about $$.  At the end of the year all my licenses, insurance, etc is due and it's a few thousand bucks...at the same time trying to save so I can take 8 weeks of maternity leave...just not sure how we're going to pay rent, student loans, etc.  We are definitey going to be having a VERY modest Christmas which I'm totally fine with and think every Christmas should be like this.  My son is also going through a "phase" of not wanting anything to do with me when dad is around.  He says he's mad at mommy and baby brother.  I know he's a toddler and I shouldn't take it personally, but it used to be the other way around!  Makes me sad.  I can only imagine what it's going to be like when the baby is actually here.  As far as the actual birth...still mostly worried about the logistics of when I actually go into labor and getting to the birth center in time!  I can't believe I'll be full term in 4 weeks - I just assume this baby is going to be really late like DS was, so I'll be shocked if I go into labor before 41 weeks!

What I'll miss about pregnancy - not much other than having this baby boy with me 24-7 and eating whatever I feel like without counting every calorie.  I'm not a fan of actually being pregnant...but I'd go through labor/delivery any day. 

What I won't miss - nausea, vomiting, the inability to physically do everything I'm used to, not sleeping well, the weight gain, aches and pains....mainly all the physical aspects of pregnancy.

What I look forward to - meeting this little boy, seeing how he's different/similar to DS1, breastfeeding, cloth diapers, being able to run/play/wrestle with DS1, sleeping on my back and stomach, beer and wine winky.gif.

#21 of 56 Old 12-06-2011, 08:30 AM

Oh jeez.. the end IS near and that fact is suddenly hitting me.  It occurred to me out of the blue on Friday that I might not go to 42 weeks with this LO and that even if I do... that's 7 weeks away.  And I am so not ready, emotionally or stuffwise!

My 2 year old son did successfully transition to his own bed though!  That is my big exciting news.  He has always literally slept in the crook of my arm and is a cuddle fiend, so we weren't sure how it was going to go.  But amazingly, he moved into his new bed with no drama and has been sleeping the whole night in there most nights since before Thanksgiving.  (Sometimes he gets up around 3 or 4 a.m. and moves into bed with us, but on my husband's side.) 

Things I've loved about being pregnant:

- how totally hilarious I look riding my bike

- having an excuse to wear sneakers at work every day

- just feeling this little guy moving and growing (though as others have said, movement isn't always a joy... like the other day when he turned sort of on a diagonal and spent the entire day simultaneously ramming my left hip bone and my right ribcage)

- NOT having HG and feeling like I got a second chance at having the mostly healthy, mostly active pregnancy I wanted the first time around

- my breasts look GREAT, maybe the best they ever have.  They haven't actually grown (for which I am *so* thankful) but they look *good*.  You gotta take my word on this.

Things I've hated about being pregnant:

- just the heartburn!  which didn't even start until a few weeks ago

- gaining all the weight again/facing the idea of losing all the weight again

I was talking with my husband about stuff we REALLY need to get done in the next few weeks and was like "we really need to figure out what we are going to do with Grey (older son) while I'm in labor" and he was like "oh well my parents will be here by then."  Uh what?  No they won't.  We need them here the first week in February (husband & older son are going to Disney for a wedding, and I am not staying home alone with a newborn).  Much as I love them, I am NOT having them here that long.  The last thing I need when I am feeling "done" with the pregnancy & wanting my body to go into labor is having the stress of other people around and hovering.

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#22 of 56 Old 12-06-2011, 09:28 AM

What's on my mind: that I'm one week away from my baby being considered full term! and that there's no way of knowing when she will decide to arrive between mid december and mid January.  I'm also thinking a lot about how my life will change and how I'm gonna be a MOM! and how great and scary that is.  

The biggest thing on my mind now though is that my husband is stuck working overnights until March so I will be alone with baby all night and he's going to have to try to sleep during the day when baby is crying.  

Also, Money! I've been doing contract work for the last year that was supposed to turn permanent but hasn't yet.  So, I'm stressing about not working for the next few months when the little bit of work I was doing before wasn't even enough to make ends meet.  I'm trying to focus on my most important job right now (growing and delivering a healthy baby of course wink1.gif) But it's tough not to worry.

What I've loved most about being pregnant- strangely enough, my body!  I've always been self conscious of my tummy but once it started rounding out I've just loved it!

What I've hated about pregnancy- being unable to do things I used to do and having to ask for help.

#23 of 56 Old 12-06-2011, 11:14 AM

What's on my mind:  Enjoying the final few weeks left of my DD as an only child and paying attention to her as much as I can.  Eventually, I need to get baby clothes organized and washed.  I keep looking at "the closet of doom" and hoping it will somehow organize on its own.  Alas...  Other than that, I'm having to take work day by day and keep my stress levels as low as possible, which is taking up a lot of my thinking during the day.  My goal is to just get through Christmas without going into labor.  Obviously, with me due towards the end of January, having a Christmas baby is unlikely, but it's still a goal to keep her in until after (hey, if you aim low...)

What I've loved most about being pregnant: Feeling her movements.  How great I've felt this pregnancy, compared to my last one.  Keeping my weight and blood pressure under control this time around.  Coming to terms with the fact that I'm never going to be a "cute" pregnant lady, but I'm OK with that and don't feel like such a freak, like last time.

What I've hated about this pregnancy:  The mood swings - going from happy, normal me to raging homicidal maniac in .2 seconds.  Not being able to play with my DD on the floor because it hurts too much.  The acid reflux.

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#24 of 56 Old 12-07-2011, 03:26 AM

So good to hear what everyone is thinking and feeling in these last weeks. Pretty much on the same page here in terms of trying to get organized (or actually, since I'm pretty much useless at this point physically, trying to let go of the idea of being organized), enjoying my dd as a single child like Chonchobhar wrote, and being aware of what pregnancy feels like since this is probably it for us.

What I have enjoyed: my growing body, my big round belly, feeling my whole torso filled with little movements and off-timed hiccups x3, my wild pregnancy libido (nice to read that I'm not the only one -- Indigoscot's dp also seems to be gifted in that regard)... though it's been frustrating to be creative in the bedroom when I'm: 1. ENORMOUS and enormously uncomfortable and 2. on strict orders not to get anything anywhere near my cervix as risk for preterm labor is so high. I've enjoyed all the good food I've eaten in huge quantities. I've been thankful to live in a country where I can take paid leave to take care of myself physically, and where our unplanned four children will not cost much more than the planned-for two (daycare, health care, dental care, university, etc.are either free or inexpensive).

On the not-so-fun list, first and foremost, goes my heartbreak at not being able to birth naturally. I had an absolutely blissful and amazing birth with my first child, and am in utter mourning that it's not going to be that way this time. I've read the peer-reviewed studies and I know it would be safe to birth triplets naturally under the conditions that I have (past 33 weeks gestation, baby A in vertex, clean bill of health for mom and babies, etc.), but I can't find an experienced team to accompany me. I reach 36 weeks just before Christmas, and there's a big risk for serious complications if triplets are allowed ot gestate past 37 weeks or so (I didn't believe that when the doctors said it, but the literature supports it). No one has birthed triplets naturally (except by accident -- ie came in with labor that was proceeding to quickly for an emergency section) here for 30 years, and I'm not going to find a team of specialists who are willing to stand by through a long labor and be on guard in case a c-section becomes imminent, especially during like, Christmas Éve. So a planned section it will be two weeks from now.

The other thing that has me down is the PSD -- or PDS -- whatever it's called. The pelvic pain. Holy cow, if it weren't for the dagger twisting in my pelvic bone everytime I move, I'd be able to tap dance my way through these last weeks.

Hang in there everyone!

(35) Teacher, mother to DD '08 + triplets (identical boys and a girl) born at 36 weeks gestation in ´11.  Passions: gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, wild food gathering, reading, kayaking and more.

#25 of 56 Old 12-07-2011, 07:48 AM

The other thing that has me down is the PSD -- or PDS -- whatever it's called. The pelvic pain. Holy cow, if it weren't for the dagger twisting in my pelvic bone everytime I move, I'd be able to tap dance my way through these last weeks.

Hang in there everyone!

It's SPD, and I feel ya. Mine's not a sharp, stabbing pain, but more of a "someone kicked me and now I have a terrible bruise" sensation. NOT FUN. I've also contracted a nasty cold, whine...

#26 of 56 Old 12-07-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaya View Post

At my midwife appointment yesterday, she suspected my fluid might be low, so she told me to drink a lot more water before next week, at which point, we'll decide if I need to head into the OB for a fluid check.  Anyway, all the extra water is making the dagger-like pain SO much worse.  I'm walking around like a little old lady with osteoporosis, bent over and shuffling.  And it is still KILLING me.  I feel horrible for my kids, because I am SO checked out right now, just trying to make it through each day.

energy.gifDD 06/05, angel3.gif DD 02/07, bouncy.gif DS 02/08, babygirl.gif DD 01/12

#27 of 56 Old 12-07-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasmoman View Post

It's SPD, and I feel ya. Mine's not a sharp, stabbing pain, but more of a "someone kicked me and now I have a terrible bruise" sensation. NOT FUN.

Is that what it is!?  I had no idea it was an actual "thing" but I have been having the same issues.  It seems like everything in my pelvic region is sore and popping out of place.  glad to know i'm not alone (but sorry you all are dealing with this too).

#28 of 56 Old 12-07-2011, 11:08 AM

What I've Loved:

* Knowing this baby was a surprise and certainly our last I've loved that I got to be pregnant again.  It's really such an honor to get to carry a pregnancy.

* Watching my kids just come up and kiss my belly and talk about "our baby."

* The ability to stay fit and active while my body nourishes another.

What I Haven't Loved:

* Knowing my milk dried and hearing my son cry for more milk.

* This is the first time that I have complained about anything pregnancy related before my due date.  I've just felt more "done" sooner than the other times.

* I'm really, really exhausted and over the heartburn at night (it only hits when I'm laying in bed trying to sleep).

Things here are going pretty well.  I had an ultrasound this morning to check on general growth and fluid levels and was both shocked and excited to learn that while I'm 33w0d my kid's head is measuring 34w5d and is estimating to be around 5 pounds 12 ounces.  As I tend to birth bigger babies (everybody comes out at 100%+) I'm not surprised, but I did feel my cervix clench at the news!  And the kid is head down (this is the earliest this has ever happened with any of my kids) and in OFP.  Woot!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#29 of 56 Old 12-07-2011, 12:03 PM

Angela, I'm so happy for you!!!  Sounds like everything is coming along swimmingly!

#30 of 56 Old 12-07-2011, 01:29 PM

I know this doesn't really mean anything... but a little bit of what looks like mucous plug came out today! (About as much as I'd wipe from my nose... really nothing to write home about...)

Probably I loosened it when I did my GBS swab (I love that my mw let me do it myself, but I think I poked my cervix just a touch by accident as I didn't expect it to be so low from the pressure of baby's head...) so again, really, not a shocker. But I'm 35+1 today, measuring 36 weeks, spent the morning washing diapers... it's all coming around pretty quickly! I really hope baby stays in until 39 weeks at least (mostly because 39 weeks may actually be 40 for me based on when I think I ovulated) which will be... about January 3rd.

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page