Constant bh contractions - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 12-17-2011, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post

I'm deliberately trying to make sure I don't have any hair down there for the birth. I can not stand having it with the lochia & having to wear pads. It just seems so gross to me. I've dealt with it 3 times & I'm done. I shaved by braille a couple days ago since I got tired of waiting for dh to trim & wax (no way I can do that myself at this point!!). Should be easier to keep it dealt with now.

Oh ew, hadn't thought of that... Now I'm definitely trimming, no matter how difficult it is!!!

Wife to a Mad Scientist and SAHM to my giant toddler boy, born 1/20/12  
#32 of 39 Old 12-17-2011, 06:34 PM

I'm with Devaskyla...never had a BH and my first was 40w1d...second was 41w3d.

And I shave because lochia with hair sleeves me out.  For as long as I can remember I've shaved the undercarriage on day one of my cycle, too.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#33 of 39 Old 12-17-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwifeErika View Post

I am going to "vajazzle" it for the birth.

hahahahaha, just kidding :) 

I can't stop giggling at how surprised my midwife/friend would be when she showed up and saw that. We are quite used to seeing hair or no hair or a wide variety of things, but I have yet to attend a birth where the woman is wearing crystals in place of hair. Gosh, now I kinda want to do it just for the shock value.

Oh man....I'm begging you, please do it! that would be SO AWESOME lmao!

#34 of 39 Old 12-17-2011, 07:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgrrrl View Post

Oh man....I'm begging you, please do it! that would be SO AWESOME lmao!

I am just trying to figure out how I might explain that one to my kids (who want to be around for the birth). "Well, honey, sometimes a mommy likes to dress up her vulva like it is going to a fancy party."

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#35 of 39 Old 12-17-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarwoman View Post

Sleeping is hands down the worst. I dread going to bed every night because I'm so uncomfortable, and I constantly have this feeling like I want to jump out of my own skin because I can't stretch my muscles like I am used to being able to.

No kidding I feel the same way. I lay on my left with a pillow between legs and for some reason my back will start to hurt.

Wife partners.gif  mama to our son (01/03/2012) babyboy.gif  for bf bfinfant.gif & familybed1.gif

#36 of 39 Old 12-17-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
 "Well, honey, sometimes a mommy likes to dress up her vulva like it is going to a fancy party."

ROTFLMAO.gifStop stop - you have me laughing so hard right now!

(35) Teacher, mother to DD '08 + triplets (identical boys and a girl) born at 36 weeks gestation in ´11.  Passions: gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, wild food gathering, reading, kayaking and more.

#37 of 39 Old 12-18-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:

I am going to "vajazzle" it for the birth.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#38 of 39 Old 12-18-2011, 07:52 AM

OMG, Erika, you are hilarious!

I use a beard trimmer, too (and braille right now, LOL!). Feels much safer right now! I don't like being cleanly shaved down there, so that works great for me.

I can't believe they sometimes still shave women in the hospital! Really?! Ugh! That's so outdated! If they use a razor that increases the risk of infection, too - NOT a good idea! At least if you use a razor at home when you're not in labor yet your body has a chance to heal!

L'lee reading.gif ~ C geek.gif ~ E broc1.gif May, 2006 ~ Rjoy.gif12/29/2011nocirc.gif goorganic.jpg ecbaby2.gif homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#39 of 39 Old 12-18-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:

I am just trying to figure out how I might explain that one to my kids (who want to be around for the birth). "Well, honey, sometimes a mommy likes to dress up her vulva like it is going to a fancy party."

OhMyGod!!  I think I just peed a little!  My daughter is all over fancy party dresses...I would *love* to hear how she'd explain that one to the Kinder teacher!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page