To the ladies who participated in the bead exchange - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 12-29-2011, 07:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i agree with everyone - the beads are amazing and all the notes so special and full of strength from each of you.  :)  dp was very touched (i organized the whole thing and while i told her about it in passing i'm not sure she really understood until the beads arrived!!) and also sends along her thanks to everyone who participated. 

we will be 40 weeks tomorrow.  baby girl is as snug as a bug in a rug although we can tell now that she has trouble getting comfortable with all the wriggling and alien action going on.  dp now has stretch marks on her stretch marks and it seems a couple of new ones pop up every day now!!  we started on epo today and she'll have acupuncture on saturday.  :)

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#32 of 36 Old 01-05-2012, 03:54 PM

I finally (!) strung my beads today and wanted to share a picture of the completed bracelet, because I love it so much.  Reading through everyone's notes again just filled me with such warmth and good feeling for you all.  Congratulations to everyone who's had their babies already and good luck again to those of us that're left!

Jan 2012 birth bead exchange

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#33 of 36 Old 01-05-2012, 07:49 PM

Love it!  I keep meaning to take a picture of mine to post but I keep forgetting.  With all the beautiful beads it's too big on my wrist and just falls right off so I think it will be an anklet during labor.  I saved all the notes to put in the little guy's baby book. 

#34 of 36 Old 01-06-2012, 06:42 AM

I haven't strung mine (I'm still at 3 weeks and counting so I have time) because I want to take individual pictures to remember which bead goes with which woman).  I'll get there!

JuneBoyMum - what about making it a nursing necklace?  That's what I did with my son's set and it worked perfectly.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#35 of 36 Old 01-06-2012, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, I guess I picked a REALLY BIG BEAD.  he he... orngtongue.gif

Wife to a Mad Scientist and SAHM to my giant toddler boy, born 1/20/12  
#36 of 36 Old 01-06-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanQueen99 View Post

I haven't strung mine (I'm still at 3 weeks and counting so I have time) because I want to take individual pictures to remember which bead goes with which woman).  I'll get there!

JuneBoyMum - what about making it a nursing necklace?  That's what I did with my son's set and it worked perfectly.

Thanks!  That's a perfect idea!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page