Has your baby "dropped" yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 12-22-2011, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

At my appointment on Wednesday, I learned that the baby is dropped! Although, I already knew that- more room in my stomach for eating giant meals, less heartburn, and a brutely painful pelvis with tons of pressure on it.

He'll probably go overdue like my last 2 babies, but hey...I can still be excited, right? At least I can see a light at the end of the tunnel...

Anyone else with engaged or "dropped" babies and lots of symptoms or lack thereof to indicate it?

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 24 Old 12-22-2011, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I think mine has. Less heartburn, less movement in my ribs, more peeing, and more pressure in my butt, hips, and pubic bone tell me she's at least moved down some. I also decided to see if anything was going on with my cervix since I've been having so many bh contrax (I usually do some pretty intense prelabor for 2-3 weeks before my babies decide to arrive) and this is on the early side for me, and I noticed that her head is nearly sitting on my cervix, whereas last week it was still farther up and much more ballotable.

Mother, wife, doula, and lactivist.
#3 of 24 Old 12-22-2011, 12:13 PM

I think I have dropped as well. My pelvic pressure is so intense it is almost painful. At my last appt. I mentioned how everything is starting to hurt down there and she did a cervix check and I was already dilated to a 2. Each day it feels a little bit worse so it will be interesting to see where I am at when I go back on the 30th. Also my BP is starting to get high and I just started having protein in my urine so I'm hoping nothing gets worse over the next week and I can make it full term at least.

#4 of 24 Old 12-22-2011, 02:27 PM

I do believe she has moved her way down. Although it isn't really physically noticeable, but I think that's partly to due with the fact that I tend to carry fat in my abdomen so it all has to squeeze somewhere. Definitely noticing less heartburn and some dreaded pelvic pain when I'm trying to get comfortable. So over this (:

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#5 of 24 Old 12-22-2011, 05:13 PM

Not even close.  I'm pretty sure my cervix is still in my throat!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#6 of 24 Old 12-22-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanQueen99 View Post

Seriously lol'd. 

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#7 of 24 Old 12-22-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:

in your throat. haha!

i was last checked 2 days ago and was told baby's at +1 station. i can tell with less heartburn and kicks are a little lower, so the head is really down there. bummer is he's not right on top of my cervix, he's in front of it because it's posterior - therefore i am hardly dialated at all! 

homebirth.jpg intactlact.gif love of DH and mama to DS born 1/12

#8 of 24 Old 12-22-2011, 11:22 PM

no dropping here!  this baby is riding higher than any of my kids ever have, and i got a kick to the sternum in the middle of the night last week- the first time i've ever had feet in my ribs!  i am guessing i'll be dealing with the same heartburn and short-windedness for a few more weeks.  how exciting that so many of your babies are getting ready!  january will be here so soon!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#9 of 24 Old 12-23-2011, 07:11 AM

As of a week and a half ago, mine has. Though, in the mornings it seems that the baby is higher - anyone know if they go back and forth a lot? I also was under the impression that if it's not the first baby that they usually wait longer, but I haven't gone into labor yet... 

Ive been having more trouble walking, feeling like I have to pee and can't, and pressure in my pelvis, so I wasn't surprised at all to hear that she had dropped. Now, though, I can tell the baby is getting bigger, because I'm starting to feel her higher again ALSO.

L'lee reading.gif ~ C geek.gif ~ E broc1.gif May, 2006 ~ Rjoy.gif12/29/2011nocirc.gif goorganic.jpg ecbaby2.gif homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#10 of 24 Old 12-23-2011, 07:18 AM

lol at africanqueen too!!  dp is a fingertip, cervix is waaaaay posterior and +2 station.  we are due on new year's eve but i don't think she'll be debuting until after the new year.  :)

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#11 of 24 Old 12-23-2011, 08:07 AM

I've been carrying super low (although I have a pretty short torso to begin with) this whole time. I feel like the baby has definitely dropped though - on Tuesday I had a really achey and crampy day, and I think my body was working him/her even lower! This is my first baby though, so I figure my body is beginning to prepare ahead of time. I don't feel like I'll make it to my Jan. 18th due date, but I hope baby will wait until after the new year!

Mama to DD born 1/28/12, and baby #2 on the way in January '14!

#12 of 24 Old 12-23-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:

Lol!!!!

My pelvic area is really sore, but I don't think I've dropped. Although at my mw appt yesterday, she measured me and I am measuring at 39 weeks (I'll be 38 on Sunday)

Sarah. Wife to Pearry, mama to Pearry II and Isabella Rose, born Breech at home and Benjamin, our January 1st bebe intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpg

#13 of 24 Old 12-23-2011, 10:13 AM

For those of you either carrying really high or really low...the old wives' tale (girls carry high and boys carry low) was true for me for my kids.  If you're not sure what you're having this might be your sure-fire sign!

Angela
#14 of 24 Old 12-23-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:

For those of you either carrying really high or really low...the old wives' tale (girls carry high and boys carry low) was true for me for my kids.  If you're not sure what you're having this might be your sure-fire sign!

this could not possibly be more true for me, too.  also, the shape of my body- with all my boys, i had this big ball out in front.  now i feel much rounder, in general, and i feel like my weight gain has spread around differently than usual.  i wonder why that is.

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#15 of 24 Old 12-23-2011, 10:29 AM

I've had a feeling all along that this baby is a probably a boy, so I am excited to see if that old wives tale holds true :)

Mama to DD born 1/28/12, and baby #2 on the way in January '14!

#16 of 24 Old 12-23-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:

so you're thinking girl, aintcha? winky.gif

#17 of 24 Old 12-23-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post

so you're thinking girl, aintcha? winky.gif

Yep.  My belly is so high and wide!  Sadly, the old man and I can't come up with a girl middle name...so I'm totally stressed about that just knowing we're talking a girl in there!

Angela
#18 of 24 Old 12-23-2011, 12:45 PM

My breasts are still resting nicely on my belly. No dropping in these parts. I imagine it will be another 2-3 weeks before it happens for me.

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#19 of 24 Old 12-24-2011, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Yesterday the midwife felt my baby's head and pointed out that she was "nice and low"... Not that I can really tell, but I have felt less kicking in the ribs and a little more pressure on my cervix (especially by the end of the day).  The suspense of having a son or daughter is killing me at this point!!

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z (2 1/2)
m/c 07/14 and Baby EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!

#20 of 24 Old 01-01-2012, 02:24 PM

Oh my, my lower back and hips have started hurting just in the past few days. I've had such a great pregnancy without aches and pains so this is unusual. Since this is our first, I never know what to expect. I've had tons of uterine surges (cramping feeling) for about 3 weeks now so I'm hoping the baby will come soon.

#21 of 24 Old 01-02-2012, 04:46 AM

nope i dont think baby is even close to dropping. never dropped with my first one either. i still have ~3 weeks to go though

hijab.gif  rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif K born Jan 2012 now we are bfinfant.gif familybed1.gif and learning how to slingboy.gif and CD

baby R brokenheart.gif Oct 2011.

#22 of 24 Old 01-05-2012, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am thinking my LO has dropped now that he decided to go head down.  All day today (especially if I am sitting) I have felt a definite increase of pressure in my pelvis.  Not exactly painful, more uncomfortable, makes me feel like I need to stretch out.

It seems like he isn't moving around as much either...is that normal when they drop??

Jees, pregnancy makes me paranoid. 

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#23 of 24 Old 01-05-2012, 04:23 PM

Mine doesn't move around much these days, except to grind a shoulder into my hip and wiggle in there further! If I get worried I have some sugar (juice), lay down on my left until bub starts moving and usually that helps! LO seems to be down to just a few active times during the day, but hb was good and steady at the last appt and I was told decreased movement is definitely normal at this stage!

Possibly arms and legs are facing the placenta now depending on where it is, so it's possible you'd feel less movement in that case too I would think. This happened to me when LO turned with back to my left as the placenta seems to be on the right (at least that's where I hear the blood pumping the loudest through a stethoscope)

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#24 of 24 Old 01-05-2012, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

This is me too. I get a little worried that the LO is not moving enough, and seems to be a bit more still during the day.  At night time the babe is wedging down even further, and I get the feeling that he/she stretches out with a few (much less than before) kicks and punches.  All normal and all good, HB is strong and my instincts tell me loud and clear that this LO is happy and healthy as all get out in there.  Sometimes I do the juice thing too if I'm needing some affirmation.

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page