Bummed that it's almost over... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-26-2011, 06:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anybody else feeling a little bummed with due dates approaching so quickly? I mean, of course I'm excited to meet my little one, but I'm enjoying pregnancy so much that I don't want it to be over! I feel like time flew by so fast, and with being so busy the first two trimesters, I feel like I can finally enjoy pregnancy since I'm not working and I finished grad school. Not to mention that the third trimester has been the best for me. Yet it seems like every time I talk to people they say something like, "Oh, you must be so OVER being pregnant by now!" I get it from everybody, and I also know a few pregnant women who have been wishing for it to be over since around 32 weeks. Am I the only woman in the world who feels the best during the third trimester? Or do people just like to find things to complain about?

First-time momma-to-be with my amazing man. Planning a homebirth and expecting a baby girl mid-January 2012. love.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2011, 08:09 AM

I'm right there with you. I told my hubby that I want to stay pregnant :)  I was really sick the first 4.5 months, but ever since then I have been so happy to be pregnant!  Of course, I have aches and pains but I figure I have such a short time to deal with it that I should enjoy every little movement and kick :)

J, mom to my baby girl born January 22, 2012!  babygirl.gif

Old 12-26-2011, 08:11 AM

Nah, I've felt pretty decent the 3rd trimester..except I get exhausted so quickly and that's frustrating. But I am sad it's almost over..because I already know I'll miss being pregnant and I also know the next baby isn't happening probably for a long time. I'll miss knowing that she's safe with me ALL the time..and I don't have to worry about who is watching her, wanting to get home to see her, etc. Things are simple now..except for my excessive desire to eat, sleep, and procrastinate. But I'm anxious..there are far more potential problems that arise when she's actually on the ground vs. being in utero now. I do get that a lot though the "you haven't had that baby yet?" and when I was still working (the 20th was my last day) I heard "oh my GOSH you're huge!" actually no I'm not first of all, and second..I'm also full term. Thanks for being rude. 

*sigh* 

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

Old 12-26-2011, 08:21 AM

yeah, i hear this.  all plans are for this to be our totally final baby, and i LOVE being pregnant.  so much.  i was really sick for much of the first half, and i know that i'm slower and achier than my normal these days, but i'm really, really going to miss it.  i want to just put this feeling in a box- like i do with my little boys- i'll never have this pregnancy back, and my sons will never be as small as they are in this day again.  every day is such a gift.

i know that pregnancy has been harder for a lot of other people, and i don't mean to show any lack of gratitude for my specific situation.  i'm just so thankful to be pregnant today, and i want to remember this forever.  (maybe that's a little over-the-top, but i definitely don't feel ready to "let go" of it yet.)

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 12-26-2011, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorabelle View Post
I was really sick the first 4.5 months, but ever since then I have been so happy to be pregnant! 

Me too! I had morning sickness until I was a little over 5 months, but as soon as that was over, I completely forgot that it even happened! My mother said to me the other day, "Oh, believe me, even though you feel good now, when the baby's out, all you're gonna remember is being sick for those 5 months." Umm...really? and NO. Why must people focus on the negative so much?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn811 View Post

But I am sad it's almost over..because I already know I'll miss being pregnant and I also know the next baby isn't happening probably for a long time. I'll miss knowing that she's safe with me ALL the time..and I don't have to worry about who is watching her, wanting to get home to see her, etc. Things are simple now..except for my excessive desire to eat, sleep, and procrastinate. But I'm anxious..there are far more potential problems that arise when she's actually on the ground vs. being in utero now.

Yep, I feel the same way. I think part of my being so bummed is the fact that I really only want to have one kid, and knowing that this may be the only time I get to be pregnant is making me a little sad. I mean, I know I should never say never, but chances are I will not be pregnant again, or at least, like you, for a long while.

And I TOTALLY get what you're saying about her being out in the big bad world. Baby IS so much safer inside. No grandparents dying to shove candy in her mouth, no other kids trying to push her around.

And I know this sounds crazy, but is anybody else feeling mommy guilt for having the baby so close to the holidays? I guess this is another reason why I want to stay pregnant as long as possible. I'm due January 15th, but I'm hoping she goes late so her birthday isn't so close to the holidays.

First-time momma-to-be with my amazing man. Planning a homebirth and expecting a baby girl mid-January 2012. love.gif

Old 12-26-2011, 08:43 AM

aw, I'm glad you are enjoying that you are still pregnant!  this baby came at 37+4.  I was expecting a few more weeks of pregnancy at least.  

Old 12-26-2011, 08:54 AM

I'm right there with you.  I'm enjoying having a great pregnancy and as this will most likely be my last pregnancy, I'm in no rush to have it end soon.

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

Old 12-26-2011, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by softlysinging View Post

aw, I'm glad you are enjoying that you are still pregnant!  this baby came at 37+4.  I was expecting a few more weeks of pregnancy at least.  

Aww congrats again! I'm 37w1d today...eep! It's funny because for this whole time I've been banking on going a little late...I think seeing all the ladies on this board having babies lately made it really sink in that I could have this baby any day now! Yikes!

Old 12-26-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demoonunit View Post

And I know this sounds crazy, but is anybody else feeling mommy guilt for having the baby so close to the holidays? I guess this is another reason why I want to stay pregnant as long as possible. I'm due January 15th, but I'm hoping she goes late so her birthday isn't so close to the holidays.

This! I am due January 18th, but I feel like the baby may come early even though this is my first. He/She is soooo low in my pelvis and I have had menstrual-like cramps/aches most of each day for a week. My midwife said its all good progress at this point, but I sure hope the baby can wait until after the new year at least to be born! My partner keeps reassuring me that the baby will get their own celebration each year, and that any reason to celebrate in such a dark and chilly time of year will be welcome....I sure wish I could be as constantly positive as he is!!

Mama to DD born 1/28/12, and baby #2 on the way in January '14!

Old 12-26-2011, 09:17 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

I was really enjoying being pregnant, but my husband isn't thrilled about the pregnancy bit (I mean, he is happy we're having a baby but he's not loving the stufff that comes with pregnancy) so that has put a damper on my enjoymment.  I'm trying to keep a positive attitude and I know I will be jealous of second trimester women once I have my baby, but I'll be happier once our life returns to a new normal instead of this limbo stage.  I'm really happy that you're enjoying every second... I wish it were that way for me.

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z (2 1/2)
m/c 07/14 and Baby EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!

Old 12-26-2011, 11:31 AM

I'm torn. I do feel sad that it's coming to an end, especially since I've been having contractions off and on the past 2 days. But at the same time, I am so ready to be done!!! 

Sarah. Wife to Pearry, mama to Pearry II and Isabella Rose, born Breech at home and Benjamin, our January 1st bebe intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpg

Old 12-26-2011, 11:42 AM

Wow, am I am the only one who feels "all set" and "done". I don't ever want to be pregnant again but I'm on my 4th time so maybe that's why! wild.gif

This pregnancy has been my hardest and most uncomfortable, that's for sure! Maybe it's a good thing I'm birthing a boy last because I might have only had 2 kids if this was my 2nd pregnancy ever! lol I'm so swollen and I'm huge--I've gained 50lbs.....most of that was in the first 20 weeks...eating made my nausea better!  Oh, wait I thought of another reason I'm frustrated and really eager to meet my baby....I've been pregnant since Jan 10th of this year! I had a miscarriage right before we conceived for a second time! Back to back pregnancies in one year! Ahhhhhupsidedown.gif I'm grateful but I'm all set! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
Old 12-26-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:

I've been working in this, too. I don't feel guilty about the timing because we'd been TTC for a while, so I was just happy to finally be pregnant, but I do hope the baby doesn't come until January, preferably once DS is back in school. DS was early, so I figured I would have this one early, too, but we're past that date now, and I'm actually hoping for baby to stay put for another week or so! New Years Day is week 39 for me, so it's not too unreasonable!  

I definitely had a major mindset change, about 2 or 3 days ago, when I realized baby wasn't going to be here before Christmas, and instead of feeling impatient to get the baby out, I started feeling really peaceful and patient. Plus, if she waits until after New Years, it will be a LOT easier for me to see some college buds I only see once a year! I did some "talking" to the baby to encourage her to stay it here. Hope it helps!

L'lee reading.gif ~ C geek.gif ~ E broc1.gif May, 2006 ~ Rjoy.gif12/29/2011nocirc.gif goorganic.jpg ecbaby2.gif homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 12-26-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post

Wow, am I am the only one who feels "all set" and "done". I don't ever want to be pregnant again but I'm on my 4th time so maybe that's why! wild.gif

This was my 4th and likely last.  I wish it had lasted a bit longer.  i've been trying to look at the positives, no new stratch marks, and fewer pounds to lose.  

Old 12-26-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:

I actually feel the same way. And DD's birthday is the 10th of December. My dad is the 22nd of December and I feel he always gets overlooked, and I've been feeling guilty about this one's birthday if it's close to Christmas :(

Sarah. Wife to Pearry, mama to Pearry II and Isabella Rose, born Breech at home and Benjamin, our January 1st bebe intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpg

Old 12-26-2011, 03:15 PM

FWIW, my birthday is on the 11th of Jan., and I never (at least I can't remember if I did) felt bummed about having it so close to Christmas. Except for my first birthday... of which my parents aren't too sure if they did anything!.. I almost always had at least a cake and some presents. I think so long as one (if you are into birthdays) makes it a special day for one's child, then they won't think any different about having their birthday now instead of another time of year (but maybe I feel that way because I like fall/winter the best).

I'm torn between wanting this pregnancy to last (I, too, really like being pg for the most part), and wanting to just meet him already! I'm nervous about having 2 outside babies instead of just one, and I want to hang on to every moment with just us as a family of three on the outside before the blur of the newborn days sets in. Part of me though is really ready to get the show on the road, so to speak!

aj- married to JA and mami to Bug (11/09) and Critter (1/12)!

Old 12-26-2011, 03:47 PM

Part of me really wants this baby to come immediately, if not sooner, now that Christmas is over. The rest of me want to be able to enjoy the little movements inside a bit longer, since this is our 4th & last too. This has been my roughest pregnancy, although I'm sure spending at least 2 months of it extreme coughing didn't help. I don't know if it's age or how many times I've done it, but either way, I've had enough. I'm over being huge & barely able to move & peeing 3+ times a night, but I'm not looking forward to trying to deal with ds3's issues once the baby is here. I have a feeling there's going to be problems. On the other hand...I really, really want to know if this baby is a boy or a girl.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Old 12-26-2011, 07:19 PM

This is my "bonus" pregnancy as my last kid was supposed to be my last.  So I got the joy out of enjoying a whole extra one!  I've always been a great pregnant lady and know that it's such a short time for such an amazing experience.  That being said, this is the only pregnancy that I've ever complained about things - I've never been achy before this one, never had such bad insomnia, etc.  Overall, I'm enjoying my freebie. :)

And I'm not due for another 5 weeks so I'm not concerned about the Christmas aspect...rather I am focused on *not* having this kid on my son's birthday (1/23).  They all deserve their own day.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
Old 12-26-2011, 07:24 PM

i am feeling the same! i have loved being pregnant, i've had an easy low risk nine months having the lil bubba right there close to me all the time. as much as i want to meet him, i love this time right NOW. i think i'm also wanting him to stay put because i know how much things will change once he's here. i love the alone time DH and i have, we have so much fun just the two of us relaxing, being spontaneous, doing whatever we want all the time. i think we are in for a BIG surprise! i am trying to enjoy these last times as just us. i know once the baby comes and is in our lives enriching them so much we won't even remember what it was like before he showed up. :)

homebirth.jpg intactlact.gif love of DH and mama to DS born 1/12

Old 12-26-2011, 07:25 PM

I guess I'm in the minority....I do not like being pregnant!  Although this pregnancy was a little better than my first, I'm still puking, exhausted, and now really uncomfortable.  Today was the first day that work really took a toll on me.  Usually work is more like my day off and a pleasure, but today I was just wiped out!  I want this little guy to stay put until his due date, but I certainly won't miss being pregnant.  We would like at least 2 more after him so it likely won't be my last.  I wish I enjoyed pregnancy.  Maybe the next one will be better!

Old 12-26-2011, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I really was enjoying this pregnancy until this past week or so when I started suffering some of the most excrutiating pain I have ever felt before through what must be a pinched nerve. I rotate through sciatic pain and then insane pain shooting down my femoral nerve. I have become nearly bed bound as walking has become nearly impossible. Simply walking to the kitchen to get a drink can leave me crumpled and crying out on the floor. I hope it clears up so I can go back to enjoying the end of this pregnancy. Otherwise, I will really need for the baby to be born.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by begoniamama View Post

i love the alone time DH and i have, we have so much fun just the two of us relaxing, being spontaneous, doing whatever we want all the time. i think we are in for a BIG surprise! i am trying to enjoy these last times as just us.

Yep, there's this, too. My man and I have had 8 amazing years to ourselves, so I'm curious to see how things change when this little one is added to the mix. She was planned and we are both so happy to have her, but there is a small part of me that worries that the stress of having a baby might get to us. However, I think that's just my *fear* talking, because I *feel* like she will bring us closer together.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwifeErika View Post

I really was enjoying this pregnancy until this past week or so when I started suffering some of the most excrutiating pain I have ever felt before through what must be a pinched nerve. I rotate through sciatic pain and then insane pain shooting down my femoral nerve. I have become nearly bed bound as walking has become nearly impossible. Simply walking to the kitchen to get a drink can leave me crumpled and crying out on the floor. I hope it clears up so I can go back to enjoying the end of this pregnancy. Otherwise, I will really need for the baby to be born.

man, erika, that sounds dreadful.  i hope it's just a malposition thing, and that the baby can move and offer you some relief.  i am so sorry it turned on a dime like that.  your activity levels and enthusiasm for fit pregnancy have been inspiring- i hope you're feeling like yourself again soon!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 12-27-2011, 06:26 AM

we are a few days away from our due date.  dp is ready whenever our little girl is ready.  :)  she is very large (bigger than with ds2 and he was 8lbs 13oz) and babe is obviously out of room because she is very squirmy in there.

ds2 was born at 40w+5 so we are just staying calm.  :)

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
Old 12-27-2011, 08:16 AM

Even though I am totally physically miserable right now... I'm also sad to be reaching the end of pregnancy.  This is our second and planned last child, and I had SUCH a great and physically easy pregnancy this time up until about 33 weeks (when things went downhill fast :P). 

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

Old 12-27-2011, 09:22 AM

i'm mostly comfortable right now, although sleeping can be a bit difficult, so yeah, I"m a little sad its almost over. My husband says I got like this with our first and that I don't like to share my babies Sheepish.gif. I think there actually is something to that. Even though dh and dd get to feel her move and talk to the belly and all that, she still is all mine right now ...

But also I'm getting irritated at the people around me! I'm a full 3 weeks away from my due date and I'm already hearing from SO many people "haven't you had that baby yet?". Its really getting on my nerves. As much as I try to ignore it so I'm not anxious and irritable if/when I go past my due date, its hard to ignore it from everyone!!

Old 12-27-2011, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by biophdmom View Post

My husband says I got like this with our first and that I don't like to share my babies Sheepish.gif. I think there actually is something to that. Even though dh and dd get to feel her move and talk to the belly and all that, she still is all mine right now ...

This is my first, but I definitely feel like it's going to be hard to "share" my baby. It's crazy, because before I got pregnant, I thought when I had a baby I'd want to show her off immediately and have her around lots of people right from the get-go, but now that I'm preggers, I feel like I will probably want her all to myself. I get anxieties already just thinking about people holding her. I hope I can learn to calm that neurosis, at least a little bit!

Old 12-27-2011, 02:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post

man, erika, that sounds dreadful.  i hope it's just a malposition thing, and that the baby can move and offer you some relief.  i am so sorry it turned on a dime like that.  your activity levels and enthusiasm for fit pregnancy have been inspiring- i hope you're feeling like yourself again soon!

It really is pretty rotten. I can't do grocery shopping, take the dog for a walk, or even really play with the kids. I had planned on finishing up the births that I was on call for and then spending some time doing fun family stuff, but now I am having to be left out of the fun family stuff because I can't really move. More than a malposition thing, it seems like a good position thing. The pain comes when the baby is head down and I have no pain when the baby is breech. Baby is spending a whole lot more time head down and I guess this is the price that my body is going to pay. I am hoping though that something in my body will shift soon and allow these nerves to free up.

Maybe I just needed a physical reminder that this should really be my last pregnancy :)

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:

This is my first, but I definitely feel like it's going to be hard to "share" my baby.

I don't think me and DH are going to feel much like sharing. We've already warned the families that we won't be calling them until a couple hours after our LO is born. I'm just glad it's winter, so that less people will be inclined to visit. We're both hermit-like most of the time as it is, and we really want the first days to be about us bonding as a family without a ton of other people around. Too bad we both come from large families with 4 siblings apiece, so we'll have to deal with some visiting. Hopefully it's manageable.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtjunker View Post

I don't think me and DH are going to feel much like sharing. We've already warned the families that we won't be calling them until a couple hours after our LO is born. I'm just glad it's winter, so that less people will be inclined to visit. We're both hermit-like most of the time as it is, and we really want the first days to be about us bonding as a family without a ton of other people around. Too bad we both come from large families with 4 siblings apiece, so we'll have to deal with some visiting. Hopefully it's manageable.

I am pretty relieved about it being in the winter because of visitors, too. I feel like winter is the perfect time to cuddle up and be cozy with family, so what better time to have a baby? It's interesting that you mention that you're hermit-like...the funny thing is, we're actually very social people and we host arts & crafts gatherings at our house once a week. But for some reason, this just seems like something that needs to be intimate. It was just us when we made her, and I feel like I want to get to know her with just the two of us, too. I didn't warn the family that we're gonna wait to tell them that she's born...I figure I'll just tell them when we're ready. They'll have to manage. winky.gif

User Tag List