New posting here but need support - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-31-2011, 01:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just need some support and good vibes.  I am a newbie to posting in this forum so hello to everyone and congrats to all those that are enjoying there little one at this very moment.  My baby is due 1/28 and still have no OB/GYN; long story posted here.  Worry, fear, etc. has kicked in I am not looking forward to delivery.  He needs to stay put because I won't have help until February and I can't function or be a good mother without 6 hours straight sleep.  We all know that newborn do not allow u 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep.  Not to mention I will not be able to sleep when the baby sleeps because I have other little ones. 

Boy I could use a hug :(  I needed to vent my anxiety thank you!

SAHM to DS(11), DD(9), DD(7), DD(5), angel.gif loss(28wks 12/31/10), and DD (2); wife to DH since 1998
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2011, 09:45 AM

Welcome. :)

I feel your anxiety and am also concerned about not being able to sleep when the baby does.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
Old 12-31-2011, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I just read your story. I am so sorry about your loss, and the problems with your doctor and insurance sound very stressful. Try to stay as calm as you can. You have already made it this far in your pregnancy! You have a month, maybe even six weeks to find a care provider. I can't imagine that all OBs would refuse care to a woman who is nine months pregnant even if she hasn't been receiving much prenatal care. My sister switched from a midwife to an OB in the last two weeks of her pregnancy.

Are there any birth centers in your area? 

When I start to get anxious about my upcoming birth (I am due January 25 and also had a loss at 16 weeks several years ago), I make myself something very nutritious to eat and try to breathe deeply and remind myself I can do this. 

Elizabeth - 33. Mother to ds 12-19-04 and ds 01-27-12. new tadpole due 05-25-14
Old 12-31-2011, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks!  I might have found an OB.  My son's best friend mom is an U/S tech and she phoned the OB in her office an told her my dilemma,  She told me to come to her office on Wednesday morning,  Yay!  I now feel 50% better.

SAHM to DS(11), DD(9), DD(7), DD(5), angel.gif loss(28wks 12/31/10), and DD (2); wife to DH since 1998
Old 12-31-2011, 09:40 PM

If you can't find anyone, you can just monitor yourself for the last little bit (search for UP or unassisted pregnancy in the Unassisted Childbirth forum for ideas). If you plan on hospital birthing, they can not refuse you if you show up in labour. You wouldn't get to choose a dr., but you don't always even if you're seeing someone for pregnancy. If you tell them you moved and hadn't been able to get a dr yet, they shouldn't give you too much trouble.

And hug2.gif

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

User Tag List