Happy New Year! Daily Check-in 1/1 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 01-01-2012, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Happy New Year, Everyone!

here we are, january 2012!  you know what that means!

how are you feeling today?  could this be your day?

what are your plans for today?

any exciting updates?

let us know how you're doing!

(i some of us are super close...)

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#2 of 27 Old 01-01-2012, 07:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Happy 2012 to you as well :)

I am pretty certain today will not be the day I meet this baby. I am due on the 21st though, so I have a bit of time left to cook this little one. My plans today involve eating eggrolls that we made last night and teaching my children how to play Monopoly. Oh, and cleaning my bedroom/bathroom. I live such an exciting life ;)

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#3 of 27 Old 01-01-2012, 08:55 AM

Happy new year everyone! I'm "patiently" waiting for this LO to decide to be born... between carpal tunnel and balloon ankles I'm keeping my activities pretty low-key, and I've actually gotten BORED several times (apparently I am used to being very active!) 

I'll be 39 weeks on Tuesday (my original due date before the early ultrasound was January 3rd, then they moved it up a week). I haven't really had any real labor signs (just stuff that indicates that subtle changes are happening). Today I'm putting a list of tasks together to help keep us organized once I'm in labor for sure (make the bed with the shower curtain, send DH out for last minute snacks etc)... I'm trying to be as calm as possible, but knowing it could be tonight or three weeks from now has really kinda thrown me for a loop! I'll do chores and cleaning until my feet are too swollen (I LOVE moving around these days so actually quite looking forward to it)

I think my body and baby are both holding out waiting to feel more settled after the holidays. We had several visitors which was nice, but I could NOT relax and felt like a pacing wolf the whole time. Having my home as my likely birthing space has been a really interesting journey that's for sure.

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#4 of 27 Old 01-01-2012, 08:55 AM

I'm officially "due" tomorrow!  But prodromal labor continues on...I spent the better part of last night feeling entirely too much movement internally in my hip bones and dealing with more irregular contractions.

I decided this morning that I'm done trying to make her come out.  I've walked, had sex, nipple stimulation, done EPO vaginally, pineapple, black and blue cohosh, RRL tea, and she's still in there and I'm still having prodromal labor.  Perhaps she's trying to tell me that she isn't ready to come out yet and I need to leave it alone.  blowkiss.gif

My next midwife appointment is Wednesday, and I'll finally let her check me then, and maybe digging up in there will do something.  But that's the furthest I plan to go in terms of trying to induce labor this week.  I've only ever had medical inductions, and since this is likely going to be my last baby, I wanted to try to do it all the way naturally.  I know it's irrational, since I'm just now hitting 40 weeks but I'm starting to get concerned that after all of this, I'm going to end up with another medical induction/hospital birth.  (I'm also starting to get concerned that all of that internal hip bone pain means I've got a broad-shouldered kid in there and it's going to be tough to get her out.) 

That means my plans for today are to do something to calm my brain down!  dizzy.gif

energy.gifDD 06/05, angel3.gif DD 02/07, bouncy.gif DS 02/08, babygirl.gif DD 01/12

#5 of 27 Old 01-01-2012, 09:21 AM

Wow...January already! I cannot believe how fast this adventure has gone by! I'm not due until the 15th, so I still have a couple of weeks. I'm actually hoping that this little girl is a little late...I love being pregnant and now that I'm not working or in school, I want to have as much time as possible with her to myself. Sheepish.gif Not to mention that we're hoping to have her on the Chinese New Year. Weeee! So from now until the time she decides to come, I'm just going to be getting all my goodies together for the birth and nesting and organizing. We're painting 1920s black & white cartoon murals on her bedroom walls and it looks AMAZING! So between being super productive and preparing, I just like to sit in her room and stare at it blissfully. So, so very happy. love.gif

First-time momma-to-be with my amazing man. Planning a homebirth and expecting a baby girl mid-January 2012. love.gif

#6 of 27 Old 01-01-2012, 10:58 AM

I'm in my 36th week so there's no way this thing is coming out today!  But I *really* wished it to be true after I was woken last night with killer charley horses in BOTH legs that left me practically crying in bed.  It was horrible!

Today my girl and I are putting the crib together (long story, but my husband really wanted us to have one and it wasn't worth the push back) and maybe putting some clothes in the closet.  Oh, and cleaning up Christmas from the dining room.  Fun days!

Happy new year, everybody.  I'm looking forward to 2012. :)

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#7 of 27 Old 01-01-2012, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

no uterine action going on here, either.

today is jam-packed with really exciting stuff.  like buying groceries and folding laundry.  good times.

i can't believe the holidays are over.

demoonunit, i think i remember you talking about your nursery plans a few months ago, yes?  you'll share pictures with us, right? orngbiggrin.gif

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#8 of 27 Old 01-01-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwifeErika View Post
Oh, and cleaning my bedroom/bathroom. I live such an exciting life ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanQueen99 View Post
Oh, and cleaning up Christmas from the dining room.  Fun days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
today is jam-packed with really exciting stuff.  like buying groceries and folding laundry.  good times.

Oh the glory of being a mom...

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#9 of 27 Old 01-01-2012, 02:08 PM

Had a couple of contractions Christmas Eve, woke up to a lower belly in the morning. A couple of days ago, same thing happened again. Subtle changes happening, but nothing major. EDD is 19JAN2012.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!

Washing up the baby's clothes and trying to keep up with chores to eliminate coming home to disarray. Resting a lot since I feel like I have a bowling ball in my pelvis!

#10 of 27 Old 01-01-2012, 02:22 PM

Happy new year! (:

I'm feeling as though I'll be pregnant forever - I'm 39w2d ("due" January 6/7th) and I can't believe she's stayed in this long! All the babies in my family have come early. 

Not too much is going on in there - she's running out of space and it seems pretty painful/annoying for the both of us, yet she just doesn't want out. I'm having some pelvic cramping and I passed some mucus plug earlier this week and a wee little bit today but that's IT. She is taking her dear sweet time..and that's fine and all except I start school again soon and was really hoping to have time with her before starting it back up. ): 

I'm also really bad at waiting. *sigh* 

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#11 of 27 Old 01-01-2012, 04:11 PM

Happy New Year!!!  Not much happening in terms of pre-labor here.  I think I've "popped out" more this past week and physically feel pretty restricted.  I'm not really feeling any new pressure down low or anything.  He's very active and at times feels like he's trying to push his way out the front or side!  Today I just feel achy, blah, and tired.  No appetite.  My EDD isn't until Jan 21st so I expect a few more weeks.  Hopefully not 5 more though!!!  My mom and dad have been here for a week and a half and have been such a big help!!!  They leave Tues and then my mom will fly back on Jan 18th so I hope this little guy waits until then so someone will be here with my son and we don't have to worry about finding someone to watch him.  That has been what's stressing me out the most...getting DS somewhere, staying home as long as possible, yet making it to the birth center in time (in case things go really fast!).  Now I'm more worried about my old dog who went into heart failure on Christmas day and needs 5 meds twice a day (and I'm the only one that can medicate him easily).  AAhhh!  I can always drop him off at work but that's just one more logistical thing to have to do when in labor.  I've been waiting for the heart failure to set it, but it certainly wasn't the best timing.  At least he's very stable since starting the new meds (considering he has such severe, rapidly progressing heart disease).  Hopefully things will stay that way until we get settled in with the little one!!

#12 of 27 Old 01-01-2012, 04:46 PM

36 weeks and I am miserable...so ready for this baby to be here!!

I can't tell you the last time I slept for more than an hour.  Amazingly enough, I am not exhausted enough to sleep until I am actually out and about doing something where that just isn't going to happen (grocery shopping, picking my son up from school, dress shopping with my sister).  As soon as I am home and within the vicinity of my bed, wide awake again.  Yet tired, if that makes any sense.

There is still so much I want to do around the house, but I just don't have the drive.  I have the bassinet out and all the bedding and clothes clean.  I have the carseat in the car, a bag packed for the hospital as well as a bag packed for my son to take with him to grandma's when the time comes...

Still want to clean...just can't find the get up and go that I have had for weeks.  the lack of sleep is definitely taking its toll.

This kid is consistently measuring weeks ahead of schedule, and breech.  I am so uncomfortable!!  I can tell there isn't much room for him to move, but that doesnt seem to stop him, especially at night!!

I have had contractions every night for the past week.  Last for about twelve hours and then let up.  My stomach is always rock hard.  I have to pee, but can't half the time.

All in all, I am a completely miserable pregnant woman and I hate it!!!

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#13 of 27 Old 01-01-2012, 06:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I rung in the new year fully convinced I was in labor. I never knew prodomal labor could be so consistent for so long. When I finally called the midwife and then later let her check me, I wasn't any more dilated than I had been two weeks ago at my appointment (let her check then because she wanted to feel the baby's head to see where it was at). Guess I'm the only one in our due date group who got a shot of vodka last night! Midwife said it's basically the same as what they'd give me in the hospital to stop contractions. 

Took it easy today. Tomorrow I'm planning on doing some deep cleaning at home so I won't have to worry about it when this babe decides to really come. 

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#14 of 27 Old 01-01-2012, 06:47 PM

Today does not feel like the day. I am 39 weeks on Tuesday and still feeling pretty good! No swelling or pelvic pressure. No mucous plug either. One thing that's changed is every morning I have mild diarrhea (sorry if TMI) which is a little weird I guess? I get lots of Braxton hicks but I have been getting them a lot since I stepped up my RRL infusion intake a few weeks ago. 

At my last mw appointment she estimated baby was already 7.5 pounds, so I kinda want to have he or she soon so they are not humongo. We are really ready for the home birth. Everything is set so now we just wait! It's hard knowing it can be any minute or not for weeks, but I am thankful I am still mostly comfortable. 

slinggirl.gif mama to baby girl E born at home on 1/8/12 with stork-suprise.gif#2 on his or her way around 8/28/13

intactivist.gif toddler.gif homebirth.jpg familybed1.gifcd.gif placenta.gif-eater

#15 of 27 Old 01-01-2012, 07:00 PM

I caught a baby last night...the mama was our last client who was due before me, so now I'm officially off-call and can focus on my own upcoming birth!  However, I have no idea when I'm going to go into labor.  I've had pressure waves since 24 weeks, and they've been stronger and more intense this past month or so.  I have no idea what labor is really going to feel like (even though I've been working with pregnant and birthing women for the past four years now and studying childbirth for the past nine!), which is both exciting and scary at the same time.

I am officially 38 weeks today...due January 14th by ovulation, but I definitely dropped the last couple days of November, so part of me thinks I'm going to have this baby before my due date...and the more realistic part of me says, "First-time mamas generally go over their due dates by about eight days..."  Gosh darn midwifery school. lol.gif

Happy New Year, everyone!  I hope you all have absolutely amazing, beautiful births!!
love.gif

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
#16 of 27 Old 01-01-2012, 08:32 PM

I am also thinking this baby is coming late! everyone seems to think it's coming early, but maybe people just say that? I'm due on the 11th but have a feeling he'll stay put for a few days past that. he is hanging out really low and my bump looks very different, in fact midwife said +1 station at my 37 week appt. We'll see, the twinges have definitely been increasing, same frequent BH but nothing painful. no mucous plug. it's a waiting game now! can't wait to hear about all the january births coming up :)

homebirth.jpg intactlact.gif love of DH and mama to DS born 1/12

#17 of 27 Old 01-01-2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombjuice View Post

I've had pressure waves since 24 weeks

I like your Hypnobabies language there, wombjuice! 

We have my EDD at 1/26 to account for my 35 day moon cycle, although going strictly by my last MP I would be due on 1/19.  I'm not really having anything serious yet, just occasional Braxton Hicks.  I can feel changes happening, and am super excited and ready to meet this baby!!

wombjuice likes this.

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#18 of 27 Old 01-01-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarwoman View Post

Happy new year everyone! I'm "patiently" waiting for this LO to decide to be born... between carpal tunnel and balloon ankles I'm keeping my activities pretty low-key, and I've actually gotten BORED several times (apparently I am used to being very active!) 

I'll be 39 weeks on Tuesday (my original due date before the early ultrasound was January 3rd, then they moved it up a week). I haven't really had any real labor signs (just stuff that indicates that subtle changes are happening). Today I'm putting a list of tasks together to help keep us organized once I'm in labor for sure (make the bed with the shower curtain, send DH out for last minute snacks etc)... I'm trying to be as calm as possible, but knowing it could be tonight or three weeks from now has really kinda thrown me for a loop! I'll do chores and cleaning until my feet are too swollen (I LOVE moving around these days so actually quite looking forward to it)

I think my body and baby are both holding out waiting to feel more settled after the holidays. We had several visitors which was nice, but I could NOT relax and felt like a pacing wolf the whole time. Having my home as my likely birthing space has been a really interesting journey that's for sure.

I can't even believe how much I relate to this! I hauled the birthing pool upstairs from the basement to our third floor bedroom because I just needed it to be there and we haven't gotten to it thanks to the holidays. I normally go late, but this one feels like to might surprise me....I'm off work on the 20th but want to bump back to the 13th to give myself a bit of breathing room...hopefully that helps ease my stress a bit!

#19 of 27 Old 01-02-2012, 03:31 AM

I'm officially 37 weeks today, so that means I'm all set to birth at the Birth Center!  I'm super relieved.  Had a bout of a bad tummy bug last week that sent me to the hospital with contractions and it just confirmed how much I DON'T want to have this kiddo at THAT hospital, specifically (it's the closest to our house).  Thankfully, after a couple of IV bags of fluids, the contractions stopped and I got to go home.  I seriously didn't think I'd make it to 37 weeks after that. 

And, of course, I'm celebrating making it to 37 weeks with a nasty head cold that hit me hard last night.  ::eye roll::  Here's to hoping I can get over this fast.  Sleeping was miserable last night...er, tonight...regardless...I'm posting at 4:30 AM, you do the math.

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#20 of 27 Old 01-02-2012, 04:34 AM

we are 37+4, nothing is happening in the uterus yet. drinking my RLT, doing Kegels, and..moving to another apt :D

hijab.gif  rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif K born Jan 2012 now we are bfinfant.gif familybed1.gif and learning how to slingboy.gif and CD

baby R brokenheart.gif Oct 2011.

#21 of 27 Old 01-02-2012, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conchobhar View Post

I'm officially 37 weeks today, so that means I'm all set to birth at the Birth Center!  I'm super relieved.  Had a bout of a bad tummy bug last week that sent me to the hospital with contractions and it just confirmed how much I DON'T want to have this kiddo at THAT hospital, specifically (it's the closest to our house).  Thankfully, after a couple of IV bags of fluids, the contractions stopped and I got to go home.  I seriously didn't think I'd make it to 37 weeks after that. 

And, of course, I'm celebrating making it to 37 weeks with a nasty head cold that hit me hard last night.  ::eye roll::  Here's to hoping I can get over this fast.  Sleeping was miserable last night...er, tonight...regardless...I'm posting at 4:30 AM, you do the math.

man, that sounds rough!  i'm glad the contractions stopped!  congrats on 37 weeks!

i'm sharing the pleasure of a head cold with you- i've always picked one up in the final weeks of pregnancy.  i take it as a sign that the baby's not coming yet- each time, my body has waited to get over the cold and then restrengthened before labor kicked in.  i like to think that we're getting a chance to pass on all these fantastic antibodies to the baby (but i really have no idea).  hope you feel better soon!

#22 of 27 Old 01-02-2012, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysPraying View Post

we are 37+4, nothing is happening in the uterus yet. drinking my RLT, doing Kegels, and..moving to another apt :D

You too huh? My apartment move has been delayed over and over again. Im 36 weeks now, so i'd better be moving soon! Did i mention the new apart is a 3 story walk up? 

Next week im term. I cant even believe it.  Baby, stay in there till January 26th!! (my due date), i want to be in the new apartment before you arrive!!!

Ive been completely exhausted all the sudden. What a boring holiday for my kids. But yesterday, the 1st of Jan, was such a gorgeous day, and my energy came back, and we went out and had an absolutely beautfiul day. I did lots of walking too.

I love feeling the baby move, and feeling her foot right up there under my ribs. Her foot is definitely getting bigger. She liked the sun in the playground too, and was moving alot as i sat there watching the kids going down slides.

Wishing everyone an easy labor and healthy mom and baby!!

Drinking RLT too. I love that stuff.

#23 of 27 Old 01-02-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conchobhar View Post

I feel your pain! I got a cold a few weeks back and because of my asthma it stayed in my chest. Ended up on antibiotics and the doctor said I might be coughing for another 2-4 weeks (he said that about a week ago). My midwife makes jokes that I'm going to cough the baby out. :-P

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#24 of 27 Old 01-02-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post

demoonunit, i think i remember you talking about your nursery plans a few months ago, yes?  you'll share pictures with us, right? orngbiggrin.gif

Aww, yeppers! It's probably going to be ready this week. I'm planning on posting before & after pics. Can't wait to share! biggrinbounce.gif

First-time momma-to-be with my amazing man. Planning a homebirth and expecting a baby girl mid-January 2012. love.gif

#25 of 27 Old 01-02-2012, 10:12 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

So cool to catch up on everyone's updates and know I'm not the only one poking my eyes out waiting for this baby... My mom arrived yesterday and will be staying with us for 26 days.  She's a godsend and is already crawling around on the stairs cleaning scuff marks. :)  Baby seems to move down during the day but wiggles back up at night and I wake up with her butt near my tonsils!!  What in the world...?  Walking seems to help to move her down, but it's also painful and I'm getting a lot of cramps in my cervix area.  I'm at 38+3 and I really hope this baby comes before my mom has to leave!!!  I attacked hubby in the middle of the night hoping good sex would move things along... He's happy; I'm still waiting for something to happen.  Oh well...

Happy housewife and mom to big Z, born at home 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and happy to get back to trying!  
#26 of 27 Old 01-02-2012, 10:12 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Sorry for the double post...

Happy housewife and mom to big Z, born at home 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and happy to get back to trying!  
#27 of 27 Old 01-02-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactmaya View Post

You too huh? My apartment move has been delayed over and over again. Im 36 weeks now, so i'd better be moving soon! Did i mention the new apart is a 3 story walk up? 

Next week im term. I cant even believe it.  Baby, stay in there till January 26th!! (my due date), i want to be in the new apartment before you arrive!!!

Ive been completely exhausted all the sudden. What a boring holiday for my kids. But yesterday, the 1st of Jan, was such a gorgeous day, and my energy came back, and we went out and had an absolutely beautfiul day. I did lots of walking too.

I love feeling the baby move, and feeling her foot right up there under my ribs. Her foot is definitely getting bigger. She liked the sun in the playground too, and was moving alot as i sat there watching the kids going down slides.

Wishing everyone an easy labor and healthy mom and baby!!

Drinking RLT too. I love that stuff.

oh i hope you'll do everything on time and meet your new baby in a new place :)

i really really hope that baby will wait till we settle, i dont even want to think otherwise it freaks me out:) meanwhile i'm doing all the laundry that is left, and hopefully tomorrow we'll start dumping our stuff to new place. i also felt exhausted last week but i guess my body takes the moving seriously and i feel more energized these days. the positive moment is that moving keeps my mind and hands busy because third trimester felt like eternity hah

hijab.gif  rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif K born Jan 2012 now we are bfinfant.gif familybed1.gif and learning how to slingboy.gif and CD

baby R brokenheart.gif Oct 2011.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page