daily check-in, january 2! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

january, day 2!

how are you feeling?  anyone think today could be their day?  what are you going to do to keep busy today?

and if you could be anywhere on vacation right now, where would you be?

indigoscot, is your DP still hanging in there?  you guys were due over the weekend, right?

and kindermama, where are you, woman?  the last we heard, your water had broken.  hope things are well with you, friend!

have a great day, everyone!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#2 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 07:01 AM

And another boring night..with no baby. I'm seriously getting irritated at this point - I realize babies come in their own time but I am SO ANTSY and just feeling trapped. 

I want to go to PA. But I know that if I leave I'll for sure have the child at the hospital up there and I hate it. So I'm kind of just..not coping well. I really thought I'd have a baby by now. No contractions, no mucous plug, nothing. Fearing I'm going to give birth to a damn teenager. 

Lalala..waiting...

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#3 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 07:06 AM

I feel like today could be the day.  Lots of cramping and some contractions.  The Dread Toddler Rocket is pitching a fit every five seconds or so, he's really in rare form, and it's hard for me to pick him up.  Wheeee!  Fun!  Maybe he can sense the changes.  This is not a good day for us to have a baby!  Husband picked up a double shift and I still haven't put the bedroom in order.  Can't I get one good burst of nesting done before I pop?  Please Universe?

#4 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn811 View Post

Fearing I'm going to give birth to a damn teenager. 

Lalala..waiting...

ROTFLMAO.gif

#5 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 08:29 AM

Heading out of the house today for my 38 week appt. with my wonderful midwives! I feel so antsy too, even though my EDD isn't until the 18th. I am trying to not hold onto my earlier ideas that this baby (my first) would come early, and just trying to appreciate the time to relax and get projects done around the house....

Mama to DD born 1/28/12, and baby #2 on the way in January '14!

#6 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 08:35 AM

I'm here, I'm here! Everest arrived yesterday! There is a new thread up with his pic

I'm feeling great! No tearing, afterpains aren't too bad this time (using some herbal tincture to help), my nipples are a bit sore already (darn flat nipples do this every time!) but other than that, I feel great! I cannot believe I gave birth yesterday. It's all so surreal! It went so fast (minus the prodromal labor I had off and on for 10 days!). My midwife arrived about an hour and half before he did! Crazy fast! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#7 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

yay, kindermama! i was so happy to read your post about everest! happy new year!!

AFM, i'm trying to get back into the post-holiday swing of things here.  did schooley stuff with the kids this morning, some cleaning, refilled the bird feeders.  doing more laundry (like a BOSS).  i think we will hit up the library this afternoon.

i'm very tired today.

i would like to be on maui right now.

hope everyone has a good day!  gentle labor vibes to those who are ready, and comfort to those who aren't feeling great these days!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#8 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 10:18 AM

Due date is tomorrow, but I really hope she shows up today...or tonight even...  MIL is moving in (to the basement apartment) tomorrow afternoon, and I REALLY don't want her around when I'm in labour, or trying to come up right after baby's been born...we've said rather firmly that everyone (meaning EVERYONE) will be welcome by invitation only, but I wouldn't be surprised if she regards herself as an exception to the rule, because she'll be living in the same building...sigh...

On the other hand, baby can wait for a couple days; hubby and I have been sick for several days, and I got an email from my doula last night that she has the stomach flu, so if need be, we'd get her backup...I don't want her backup, I want her!!!!   I also want to be at least a bit better before needing to take care of a newborn, and I really want hubby to be better so he can take care of me .

Been having prodromal labour on and off for about a week; it sucks because I keep thinking, is this what early labour feels like? Is it starting? (first time mom...) and then of course it peters off...I see the midwife on Wednesday (if nothing happens by then) and I'm going to ask her to do a stretch and sweep, and check my cervix and all that stuff.

Theatre-techie at heart, married to a theatre-techie hubby,and mama to an incredible baby girl, (h20homebirth.gifJan 14, 2012) and expecting a surprise in July 2014!  We are having a blastbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif, andfemalesling.GIF.
#9 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 10:24 AM

I like this daily check-in idea. Very sweet.

I'm not due for another 2 weeks and I don't feel like she'll be coming any time soon, which I'm happy with. I can still feel her little bum in my ribs (which I love orngbiggrin.gif). Feeling her in my ribs makes me think she didn't drop yet, but my midwife said her head is already in the pelvis, so maybe she's just a long baby? Although at my last ultrasound at 32 weeks they said she was really small (in the 35th percentile)...who knows. We'll see when she comes out! Overall, I'm enjoying every little moment I can with her in there.

I'm not sure if I could wrap my head around even being on an imaginary vacation right now...I'm just loving being home and nesting. However, I would love to see some snow around here! It's been an unusually warm winter in my area, and all I really want to do is have a blizzard, get snowed in, and have a Lord of the Rings marathon. winky.gif I'm not too worried about there being a snow storm if I go into labor because my midwife lives a mile away and the nearest hospital is 2 miles away (should we need to transfer from home to hospital). Weeeee!

Wishing for smooth sailing for all of us for the rest of the month!

First-time momma-to-be with my amazing man. Planning a homebirth and expecting a baby girl mid-January 2012. love.gif

#10 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 11:13 AM

No contractions, no baby today :) 

DH & I could feel baby's tiny foot really well last night as he was pushing against my stomach. It was really sweet & cute <3 

Ummm... still no definite name picked out! I think DH must be suggesting ridiculous things so I'll pick one of his real suggestions. "How about Brilliant or Water??" um, no. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by demoonunit View Post

and have a Lord of the Rings marathon. 

this is happening in my house as i speak :P

#11 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 11:41 AM

39 weeks tomorrow... thinking this baby is going to hang out for a while. I was having braxton hicks the ENTIRE pregnancy and except for a few days about a week ago when I got some random ctx, they've basically completely stopped. Baby dropped more - either that or there's just less fluid now - as I'm measuring bang on for dates instead of ahead like I have most of the time. Definitely he/she is running outta room in there, some of LO's stretches hurt! 

I'm at a place of acceptance about my 'readiness' but I don't think DH is on board yet - he keeps having "one more thing" he'd like to get done before the baby arrives. I'm trying not to assign any responsibility to that, which is hard. Energetically I feel like I'm "holding on", if that makes sense, until he's calmer.

I'm trying to be graceful in these last weeks, which is hard. The carpal tunnel is ridiculous. The foot swelling sucks because I am out of shoes and it's hard to justify spending any money at all on more pregnancy stuff. 

HCM, I would like to be on Maui too! DH and I spent our honeymoon there when I was 20 weeks, and it was absolutely glorious.

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#12 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 11:55 AM

I'm 38+1 today and hoping our baby comes soon. Our son was born around this point, so it feels like the right time. Also, this baby's head is measuring 4 weeks ahead.

What is the mucus plug supposed to look like? All the descriptions I've read sounded really vague. I had a few days of increased goo (looked a lot like EWCM in huge amounts). I'm also feeling crampy.

Ready to give birth! Come on, baby!

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#13 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 12:59 PM

40 weeks today.  Midwife came over for my weekly appointment, "stirred things up" a little bit (40% effaced, 2 1/2 cm dilated, but my cervix is apparently VERY posterior...I feel like she was checking out my lungs while she was in there!) and told me to walk up and down our driveway hill. 

Have had some contractions since then, but nothing regular.  Back to prodromal labor, I guess.

energy.gifDD 06/05, angel3.gif DD 02/07, bouncy.gif DS 02/08, babygirl.gif DD 01/12

#14 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post

What is the mucus plug supposed to look like? All the descriptions I've read sounded really vague. I had a few days of increased goo (looked a lot like EWCM in huge amounts). I'm also feeling crampy.

Ready to give birth! Come on, baby!

Ive had 2 babies, and i still have no idea what a mucus plug looks like :shrug.

#15 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 01:31 PM

Silly question, did anyone's belly button not pop out?

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#16 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Mine did a little while ago....

#17 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 01:37 PM

As it pertains to the mucous plug..everyone's apparently can be different. I passed some of mine and it looked like a ball of snot followed by VERY watery discharge which (per the midwife) is also completely normal. 

Really adds to the 'ick' factor IMHO (: 

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#18 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

mucous plug.... often they look like a giant wad of snot (I know, nice image) and have brown or red streaks in them. Not just more mucousy discharge, but often an actual huge chunk. Although some people will just lose a bit at a time. The body continues to produce more mucous so if you don't go into labor, you can lose more and more and more.

I lost mine more than a week ago and it was blood tinged and still no baby. Oh well, all things in their time, right?

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#19 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by element2012 View Post

Mine didn't, though I had quite a deep innie to begin with, and my belly seems really compact when I compare it with other bellies...

Theatre-techie at heart, married to a theatre-techie hubby,and mama to an incredible baby girl, (h20homebirth.gifJan 14, 2012) and expecting a surprise in July 2014!  We are having a blastbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif, andfemalesling.GIF.
#20 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imakecutebabies View Post

this is happening in my house as i speak :P

Jealous! Sheepish.gif

Quote:

Belly button did not pop out, although it is much more shallow than it used to be.

First-time momma-to-be with my amazing man. Planning a homebirth and expecting a baby girl mid-January 2012. love.gif

#21 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 04:13 PM

My belly button has never popped. It gets really wide, though. And I have weird little bumps in the skin above it.

Mucous plug...I had the dubious "pleasure" of seeing the whole thing with ds1 (& I never saw any with the other 2). It was *huge*, a giant blob of whitish-clear "snot" as some one else said. Really gross. It was about the size of my fist. I'd bet what you've been seeing isn't EWCM, but part of your plug.

Nothing much going on here, although my mom has gone, so yay! for that. She was only here for a couple days, so I figured it'd be ok. Really did not want to birth with her around. I'm 38 +2, but not really expecting baby until at least 40+3. We still need to do a test fill/drain of the pool & put baby clothes someplace.

I've had a couple contractions, which is unusual for me, but this pregnancy has had lots of little surprises.

I'm keeping busy by starting a knitting project...making everyone Christmas stockings. Just hope I'm up for it, I haven't made anything more complicated than afghans before & I've had to enlarge the pattern.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#22 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

I've had increased goo as well, I'm hoping that's the plug and I don't get a fist-sized wad to deal with (ick!).  Went to Babies R Us to get some newborn disposables today, there were a lot of pregos waddling around but I was definitely the biggest by far.  Made me feel good that my wait is almost over.  On and off cramping today and a MW appointment tomorrow... Trying to do lots of walking, but my energy level is zero...

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and pregnant again EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!
#23 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

my belly button has never popped, but it always gets close.  maybe this time?

we didn't make it to the library today.  unable to help myself, i passed out on the sofa for a spell.  thankfully, DH was working from home today, so he was able to jump in before the boys created too much chaos.  :)

i am woefully unprepared to welcome a baby, and i think i'm going to take some time tonight to write out a detailed list of the things that need to happen in the next few weeks.  thankfully, things seem pretty quiet down there!  i'll just sit back and watch the rest of you guys have your babies.

psmythe, was today your day?

and chili and kaitlyn, i'm thinking of you both- i know you're super uncomfortable right now. hug.gif

#24 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 05:27 PM

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

howdy howdy

I've been getting prodromal labor for about a week now.  I ended up in L&D last thursday thinking it was it, but nope... Everything peetered out after 7 hours.

I'm showing signs of preeclampsia and will be getting my 24 hour urine and BP checked tomorrow and if it's bad, they will be inducing me tomorrow night.  My gut tells me I will be back home after my appt.  My protein was only +1 on friday and my BP was high, but not really bad.

Both babies are still head down and looking perfect for a double vaginal delivery.  

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#25 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 06:05 PM

I lost my mucus plug with my first and it was undeniable.  A huge plug of red snot - all in one piece.  Labor started less than three hours of it coming out.  Gah-ros!

Maybe I'm weird, but I've always wanted my belly button to pop out and it never has.  It hasn't even come close in any of my pregnancies.  I wonder why it happens for some and not others?!

Today was our last day of "vacation."  My husband goes back to work tomorrow so we went to our children's museum and out for lunch.  Then an hour of working out before dinner.  I can not wait for life to get back on our regular routine!  Oh, right, then let's throw a newborn into the mix!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#26 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 06:54 PM

Yay Kindermama!!  Congrats!  I'd also been checking your thread waiting to hear the good news!!

Nothing new today.  Work was so insanely busy tonight that I think I had 1 giant 4 hr BH contraction.  By my last appointment I had to keep telling myself to stay standing and get the vax in the giant dobie!!  Now that I'm home, eaten, and on the couch I feel much better.

I've never seen my mucous plug either.  It would be interesting....but hopefully not fist-sized!

My belly button popped out with this pregnancy but not with my first.  My son likes to poke it and always asks if it hurts.  He's so cute!

Ladies, I'll gladly join you in Maui!!

#27 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

mine's not popped...didn't pop last time either.  But boy, do I feel huge!!! And there has been a massive onslaught of stretchmarks in the past couple of weeks, which is sort of depressing.

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#28 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarwoman View Post

HCM, I would like to be on Maui too! DH and I spent our honeymoon there when I was 20 weeks, and it was absolutely glorious.

congrats to the newlyweds!  we were laying under a hammock in ka'anapali one moonlit night back in 2002, when we decided we were ready to start growing our family.  good memories.  i bet you and i saw some of the same spots.  our favorite little beach was napili.  loved that place.  we promised each other we would make it back to maui someday.  do you have any neat memories of your time there?  (you know, anything that was more awesome than usual on maui?)

and i'm really sorry about your discomfort.  that swelling sounds so extreme and awful.  :(

#29 of 32 Old 01-02-2012, 10:52 PM

Thanks for the kind words HCM - I think the swelling is bad because I'm quite petite, and there just isn't much room for all those little nerves :P

Ah Maui... as we arrived home it started to sink in just how amazing it is there. We stayed in Lahaina and one of our favorite things to do was to wake up SUPER early (we never really adjusted to the time change) and walk along the beach into town for coffee before everyone got up... DH and I would sit together and he'd put his hand on my belly to feel the baby move - it was one of the first times he was able to feel kicks! 

Visiting in the off-season was actually a great idea because the local people were all rested up from the tourist season and very chatty. I was just really starting to show and it was so neat to have people acknowledge the baby for the first time. It was easy to find a private beach, or at least one with just a handful of people... Honolua Bay was one I remember in particular (the wildlife conservation area up on the north end of the island). Here's a photo! I'm about 20 weeks, I can't believe I thought I had a big belly then ;)305000_10150365709295148_733620147_10521452_7204009_n.jpg

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#30 of 32 Old 01-03-2012, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter

cedar, you look absolutely regal in this picture.  a strong, beautiful mother.  what a powerful image!

also, i can totally smell the air.  boy, does that shake me out of a winter stupor.  thanks for sharing the picture!

we stayed in lahaina, too!  what a small world!  : )

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page