daily check-in, jan 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 05:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all! I'm starting things off today because my water just broke! Eek! I had a beautiful dream last night and saw the baby in it, then woke up this morning to my water breaking! :) No contractions yet though so lets hope they get started on time..

#2 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 05:45 AM

Weeeeeeeeee!!  Have an awesome labor and birth!

Didnt sleep one ounce last night as my youngest was up all night coughing.  Yawn...

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#3 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imakecutebabies View Post

I had a beautiful dream last night and saw the baby in it, then woke up this morning to my water breaking! :)

Wow, that's beautiful. Peaceful birth wishes your way!

First-time momma-to-be with my amazing man. Planning a homebirth and expecting a baby girl mid-January 2012. love.gif

#4 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 06:02 AM

Jealous. I woke up around 4 am sick as a dog..been tossing and turning since and STILL not feeling well at all. No desire to eat..I'm not sure when it's appropriate to call my midwife and ask if this is normal or if I should be concerned? I'm really ready for this to be over, I think. I can't run to the toilet fast enough. *sigh* Bad timing - I have a lot of stuff that needs to get done today since everything (government offices) are reopened. 

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#5 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 06:41 AM

oh hooray!  i'm happy someone else wanted to start the daily check-in thread, and what wonderful news to begin it with!  go, mama!  go, baby!  you can do it!  gentle labor vibes to you!

kaitlyn, maybe once you're up and about, you'll find you feel better.  sometimes i can be in a real emotional and physical funk until i get out of the house, and then things ease up for me.  i hope the same holds true for you!  this really will all be over soon.

things here are fine.  quiet.  we got a dusting of snow last night, which is pretty.  it's been so weird that we haven't had any snow here to speak of since the freak october storm that left us with 2 feet.  it's not as much fun to have winter temps down in the teens and single digits but none of the snow to go out in play with.  at the same time, DH is happy to not be shoveling it every day.  he hopes the snow holds off till february, so we can make it to the birth center without any drama, but i'm not sure it will.

have a great day, everyone!  i'm excited for more babies around here!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#6 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 06:59 AM

Congrats on that water breaking!  Add me to the jealous list!

I walked up the big hill in front of our house yesterday, took my black and blue cohosh as directed by my midwife, had a few contractions, but still nada.  I feel HORRIBLE today - achy muscles like I have the flu, but I'm not sick, and no contractions or anything else exciting to report.

I was up at 5:30 eating breakfast, took a nap and let the kids sleep in, and now I'm starving.  So it's up to rustle up some food and take more tinctures.  Bleh.

energy.gifDD 06/05, angel3.gif DD 02/07, bouncy.gif DS 02/08, babygirl.gif DD 01/12

#7 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 07:38 AM

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

YAY! Good luck!

Quote:

Hi all! I'm starting things off today because my water just broke! Eek! I had a beautiful dream last night and saw the baby in it, then woke up this morning to my water breaking! :) No contractions yet though so lets hope they get started on time..

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#8 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 07:43 AM

oh kewpie- i meant to reply yesterday how excited i was to read your update!  so fantastic that both babies are positioned well for vaginal delivery!  that would be fantastic!

fingers crossed for your appt today (how are you feeling?)- will you have a chance to let us know if you're heading in for an induction?

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#9 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 07:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I wish you a wonderful labor/birth!!

I slept sooooooo poorly last night that it is making work today quite a challenge. I was up 4 times to pee in only 6 hours time. Oh, joys! :) I have been a nesting/cleaning fool lately and it was lovely to wake up to a pretty clean home today. If I have the energy, I still want to wash the inside of my fridge today. We will see what happens though after I finish my work day. Oh, and today has been a bad pinched-nerve day already, so I am barely mobile. Yesterday was a pretty good day and I was able to accomplish quite a bit. I am glad for the good days as it makes the bad days seem not quite as bad.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#10 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 07:48 AM

Good luck Imakecutebabies!

I am so over prodromal labor and kinda starting to feel like I'm really looking forward to never having to notice uterine contractions again after this pregnancy.  Just as in my first pregnancy, I've been having regularly and closely spaced contractions for a couple of hours every day.  Sometimes they're intense to the point of being mildly painful.  They don't seem to be triggered by anything, they don't seem to be stopped by anything.  They just come and go as they please and do nothing in particular. 

It's not that I'm in a huge hurry, I'm just tired of the constant discomfort and the constant wondering "is this going to turn into the real thing?" every day.  Yesterday I went to see a movie with my husband (an awesome and rare treat-- our 2 year old's preschool was open but we both had the day off of work so we decided to have an us day) and the contractions got so intense that I could barely keep track of what was going on in the film.  2 hours later?  They had stopped completely.  So frustrating!

But on the positive side... today is my last day of work before maternity leave!  WOOOOOO!

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#11 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Nothing much to report here... Slept great (for a change), have a mw appointment today and plan to spend the day making diapers and mobiles.  I have to start doing hills (ugh).

imakecutebabies - I am so happy for you that your water broke!!  Keep us posted and GOOD LUCK!!

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z (2 1/2)
m/c 07/14 and Baby EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!

#12 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 09:12 AM

I'm not sure if I'll be able to give an update or not.  My OB office is right across from the hospital and if they send me straight there, it'll depend on if my laptop has enough battery life cause they don't let you plug anything in.  If I'm able to, I will give an update though.  At the very least, I'll update once I get to my regular room and we're all settled :)

I actually feel fine and so I'm thinking that they probably won't need to induce me.  The doctor did say that some women never get the headaches and stuff, so I guess I could be one of those, but I'm not holding my breath.

ETA - I'm super excited that I'm going to have a chance at a vaginal birth.  My doctors are all willing to do breech and encourage vaginal births, but for a while there, my babies were both transverse with not enough room to turn them, so I'm SOOO glad they turned on their own. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post

oh kewpie- i meant to reply yesterday how excited i was to read your update!  so fantastic that both babies are positioned well for vaginal delivery!  that would be fantastic!

fingers crossed for your appt today (how are you feeling?)- will you have a chance to let us know if you're heading in for an induction?

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#13 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 09:16 AM

Same here.  Mine usually starts just as I'm heading to bed and it'll either stop sometime in the middle of the night or it's gone all the way to 8-9am a couple times.  That was the time I ended up going in to L&D.  Most of mine has been in my back and I'm really hoping that doesn't mean I'm in for some bad back labor when the real thing hits. I've heard that is quite painful.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldandsleepy View Post

I am so over prodromal labor 

IVF #1 11 weeks

#14 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 09:30 AM

Sending happy, peaceful labor vibes Imakecutebabies!!    Good luck at your appointment Kewpie80....so glad the twins are positioned well.  I had my first son in NC - with the midwives at UNC Chapel Hill.  Wish we were back there!!!!

Today my parents left so I'm sad to see them go.  My mom will be back in a couple weeks.  My son was in such rare form this morning.  I wasn't sure we were going to survive the morning.  We went to the chiro for our weekly appointment and then I treated myself to some chai at Starbucks.  He's a bit better now.  This afternoon I'm going to meet with my doula and go over my birth plan with her.  Also need to start thinking about packing bags for myself, son, and the dog in case I go into labor before my mom gets back. 

Nothing going on as far as labor or changes.  Just feel bummed and sad today (which is pretty unusual for me).  Probably a combo of hormones, my parents leaving (it was especially hard to see my dad have to say goodbye to my old dog who probably doesn't have much time left with us) and exhaustion.  Tomorrow will be better.

#15 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 09:31 AM

ohhh exciting way to start the thread! can't wait to hear more, sending lots of positive labor vibes your way! 

i slept pretty fitfully last night, not sure why - nothing new to report though, got a MW appt today and am just hitting the 39 week mark. soooo i'm thinking two weeks more is my max, right? :)

homebirth.jpg intactlact.gif love of DH and mama to DS born 1/12

#16 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 10:15 AM

Well ladies, the 'sickness' isn't getting better..I'm pretty confident I have a stomach bug. Would you call your doctor/midwife and let them know? Or..? What's standard procedure on this? Baby is really active, but I haven't had anything to eat and I'm trying to sip fluids pretty consistently. I'm not sure there is anything else to do or they could do? I'm trying to walk around a bit, lay down, get up - get online ( (: ), walk around, go back to bed..

This really sucks - I had a lot to get done today. 

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#17 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 10:22 AM

Kaitlyn, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to check in! I hope it passes quickly for you... 

39 weeks today, still nothing to write home about. I feel unsettled and restless, like the baby won't come until I feel like things around me are "safe". I worry about what this means for labor as I'm planning to labor and birth at home if possible. Part of it is that DH seems unsettled - I told him this morning it makes me want to find a cave somewhere and birth alone! I fully understand why animals need to go off alone to birth - too many outside influences = stress!

I'm excited for everyone who is 'on their way' in one way or another today! How exciting, can't wait to hear some updates :D

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#18 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 11:07 AM

kaitlyn, if you have diarrhea or are vomiting, have fever over 100, I would call in.  Otherwise, I'd just go with your gut.  If you feel nervous at all, it's probably a good idea to call if nothing other than to calm any worries. I hope you feel better soon!

IVF #1 11 weeks

#19 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

yay!! So excited for you!!

I am miserable here...seriously awful.  I can't remember the last time I slept for longer than two hours at night...unable to nap during the day. LO likes to rest on my sciatic, and is also breech.  Measures big for his age, but is still incredibly active (especially at night) and is causing me lots of discomfort.  My hormones have suddenly kick into overload.  I am fighting with my sister over stupid stuff.  My 4 year old has decided lately then he needs to argue about everything.  Its ridiculously freakin cold here!! My nausea is returning in full force whenver I eat (luckily I still have zofran to take). Add to that, I am turning 30 a week from tomorrow which is also depressing me.

I feel like such a grumpy pregnant woman and I hate it!! Sorry for being such a Debbie Downer ladies!

I have my BPP tomorrow and am following that with a meeting with the doctor.  I am actually sort of hoping that he tells me "Lets just schedule a c section!!" just so I can have a firm date in mind to focus on.

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#20 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 12:21 PM

Did my three mile loop with DS in the stroller this morning...nothing to write home about. Feeling tired and sore and NOT hungry. Next mw appt. is 10JAN(next Tuesday). Trying to wait patiently for this baby to come on out!

#21 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 12:57 PM

Last night I finally had my first good sleep in about a month, and got up only 4 times!!  Hubby and I had a romp last night, and shortly after I started getting cramping in my lower back and abdomen, but nothing came of it, and all today it's been sporadically coming and going..maybe we'll try again tonight and see what happens...:)  Hip's much better, so I've been catching up on laundry today, which makes me feel very proud and accomplished, and I've been cleaning/tidying random places, like the laundry soap shelf in the laundry room, the towel shelves in the closet, washing the doors and walls, etc.

Yay to Imakecutebabies and Kewpie!!!  Hope all goes well!

Theatre-techie at heart, married to a theatre-techie hubby,and mama to an incredible baby girl, (h20homebirth.gifJan 14, 2012) and expecting a surprise in July 2014!  We are having a blastbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif, andfemalesling.GIF.
#22 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 01:13 PM

39 weeks on Thursday and feeling impatient ;) a little bit jealous of all you mamas who have exciting things happening...but really have a lot to do before the baby is born! DH and I are still not even close to agreeing on a name, for one thing :)

My ob did a cervical check at my appt last thursday and he said cervix is closed up tight and baby wasn't even engaged...And last night I could feel so much movement, she definitely is still not engaged. I've been sitting on my exercise ball to encourage her, but I'm still more than a week from my actual due date so it could be a while whistling.gif

Good luck to all of you that are having things get started!

#23 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

To all the mamas who are close... the moon will be full on the 9th, so here's hoping that gets things going for you!

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#24 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 01:47 PM

I have a mw appt that day (and it's the day before my 'due date') so I'm really hoping I won't need to go in to see them :)

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#25 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 01:53 PM

The OB was really on the fence about sending me in tonight. My protein was higher since friday and my BP was up even more too. I gained 4 pounds this weekend in water retention. She took my BP a couple more times and ultimately decided to give it until they have my 24 hour urine results at noon tomorrow and she said she’ll call me as soon as that’s in and make the final decision at that point.

So, tomorrow may be the day...maybe not... 

IVF #1 11 weeks

#26 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:

hope you have a beautiful birth!

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#27 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 03:02 PM

Good luck, Kewpie!

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#28 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 03:14 PM

thanks for the update, kewpie! do you feel ready, should the doc call you in tomorrow?  i'll stay tuned!

#29 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 04:32 PM

I do feel ready.  I'm excited to meet these little guys! I'm also ready to feel human again.  I will miss a lot of parts about being pregnant, but the last couple weeks have been a trial.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post

thanks for the update, kewpie! do you feel ready, should the doc call you in tomorrow?  i'll stay tuned!

IVF #1 11 weeks

#30 of 33 Old 01-03-2012, 04:55 PM

I am also 39 weeks today. Cedarwoman, how awesome would it be if we labored and birthed with a full moon together? Nothing is going on with me physically and labor does not feel soon. I went to acupuncture today and felt really relaxed. Today was also my last day going into the office. I will still be working, but from home so that should be better. I have a mw appointment tomorrow and I'm eager for her to estimate baby's size. Last week she thought 7.5 pounds! 

slinggirl.gif mama to baby girl E born at home on 1/8/12 with stork-suprise.gif#2 on his or her way around 8/28/13

intactivist.gif toddler.gif homebirth.jpg familybed1.gifcd.gif placenta.gif-eater

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page