Mothering Forum banner

daily check-in, january 4th!

1K views 39 replies 20 participants last post by  AfricanQueen99 
#1 ·
ok, who's next?
orngbiggrin.gif
there've been so many exciting births around here lately!

how are you feeling today?

what are your plans for the day?

any fun updates?

what's for dinner tonight?
eat.gif

thinking of you, imakecutebabies, and i'm eager to hear how today goes for you, too, kewpie!

indigoscot, i'm still on the lookout for an update from you guys, too!

and to those of you who are all soooo close, we're cheering you on!

See less See more
#2 ·
Time to have some babies. Doc just called. My protein was at 1100 and the threshhold is 300, so we're leaving in an hour for induction. I'll post stats and pictures once we're all fed and settled.

I'm literally shaking I'm so excited.

#3 ·
Good luck, kewpie! :)

I'm 40w2d, still miserable, still having prodromal labor. Came thisclose to calling DH home from work yesterday (contractions were 9 minutes apart for about an hour, then moved to 7 minutes apart, and an hour later, petered out. As usual.) I'm back to the black and blue cohosh, but I seem to have the same amount/strength of contractions whether I take them or not.

I woke up to some contractions this morning, but nothing regular. I think I sat cross-legged too much yesterday (doing some knitting, and sitting just about any other way bugs the heck out of the baby), because with every contraction last night and this morning I can feel the baby pushing down and it feels like her head is tearing my pelvic bone in half and it HURTS.

I asked DH if he wanted to have sex last night to try to get things moving, and he said, "Well, when you are moaning every five minutes because you feel like your pelvis is breaking, it doesn't really make me want to do anything else to you!" He has a point.
lol.gif

I had a dream last night that I gave birth to the baby, it was a girl but I gave her a very boy name, and was told - at a class about the card game Bridge - that it was Rick Santorum's baby and I had to give her back to him. I really shouldn't have watched the talking heads yap about the Iowa caucus right before bed.
nut.gif

Dinner is leftovers. I'm so not in the mood to cook anything.

#4 ·
I woke up at 4am with my first ever painful pressure wave! I've had regular practice waves since 24 weeks, but this was the first one that actually hurt, and it felt different...it was low and wrapped all the way around my pelvis and low back. I was lying on my left side and I wanted to move so bad, but it hurt too bad to move! Anyway, after it ended, I got really excited thinking that maybe labor was starting...but I never got another one like that! Bummer.

Today DH and I are going to do my bellycast and freeze a couple meals for after the birth! So that's exciting.
love.gif

#5 ·
Go, Kewpie!!!

Redbirdliz - my old man says the same about the moaning...and mine isn't "this is awesome sex" moaning...it's "my body hurts!" moaning.

Wednesday is take-out night in our house. Yay for lazy dinners. :)

No baby today!

#6 ·
*sigh* I got nothin'

I'm recovering from my bout with the flu yesterday. I'm 39w4d. I'm so OVER THIS! Where is she and what is she doing that she doesn't want to come out!?

I think I'm going to venture out today and try and get some things done (these that require dealing with multiple government agencies..so help me God). Totally not wanting to do it, I already know it's not going to go well and it's so easy for me to cry now - and I hate crying in front of people it's embarrassing but literally can't help it.

Where are you, baby!? I'm tired of waiting..

Dinner? Hm..it's Wednesday so we're going to eat leftovers and go over Grandma's for family night.

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanQueen99 View Post

my old man says the same about the moaning...and mine isn't "this is awesome sex" moaning...it's "my body hurts!" moaning.
LOL, I'm not even talking about moaning during sex. I'm talking about sitting around after dinner, watching the news, and moaning/whining/gasping for air every five minutes and saying that the baby's head is going to break me in half. I mean, how can that not be a turn-on for either of us?
lol.gif

#8 ·
Went to the MW yesterday... She thinks baby's staying put at least another week. Great...
angry.gif
I'm in the foulest mood ever, I had three hours of insomnia last night so who wouldn't be grumpy??? I'm going to go walk some hills.

#10 ·
39 +1 here, the days are dragging on... I literally sat around ALL day yesterday, mostly staring into space. I got nothing done at all. Hands were super numb so most activities were just *out*. I also had a crappy sleep and spent a lot of time sitting upright with my eyes closed because lying down was too uncomfortable.

Woke up in the middle of the night with, erm, "bowel urgency" and a contraction, but nothing else happened. I'm taking EPO capsules because DH doesn't want to DTD until he's finished a pressing task on the 5th, "just in case it makes the baby come" - his words not mine... (so I feel not only unsexy at this prospect but like he's not wanting the baby to be born and adding to my theory that anything pulling at our energy is delaying baby's arrival...) I know it's probably a lot of hooey, but I can't help thinking it anyways! I know babies come when they come. But I guess that's the human tendency to want to link things via cause and effect. Maybe this is my effort to feel less helpless (like if I can figure out the 'reason' behind something I could theoretically do something about it? Is that it?) With the EPO, thought I'd at least get SOME prostaglandins in there ;)

Anyways, I'm trying to stay positive today. I washed my face and put on some makeup (a big step for me) and when I went to get dressed it was "oh, some clean sweatpants, an ugly bra and an old shirt! Now I'm ready!" I'm really tired of feeling so frumpy and gross! I ran out of decent maternity clothes nearly 2 months ago.

Hoping today is productive, there is some random cleaning I can still do. I'm probably going to clean the blinds in the bedroom, it's getting down to little tasks like that these days.

#11 ·
i'm in a personal funk today, and it has little to do with pregnancy. stayed up working waaaay too late last night, and i don't feel well now. our furnace has been working only intermittently for the recent past, despite a lengthy parade of repair people claiming they've fixed it, and we had windchills down in the -20s(F) last night, so this place is really cold and it has me feeling grumpy. mostly, i feel totally drained of energy and cold and i don't want to do anything. pregnant-wise, i'm surprisingly comfortable, and grateful for that.

i don't feel like cooking tonight. gotta find something i can make everyone, though. c'mon inspiration!

funk, begone!

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewpie80 View Post

Time to have some babies.
Woohoo! Thinking of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbirdlady View Post

I had a dream last night that I gave birth to the baby, it was a girl but I gave her a very boy name, and was told - at a class about the card game Bridge - that it was Rick Santorum's baby and I had to give her back to him. I really shouldn't have watched the talking heads yap about the Iowa caucus right before bed.
nut.gif
That is HILARIOUS!
ROTFLMAO.gif

Not too much new to speak of. Baby's head is low but I haven't had any signs of labor and she's stretching and squirming lots & lots. Might go browse cameras today to find a nice one to document this little one's life, and hubby's very close to finishing painting the baby's room...it might even be done today...WOOT WOOT! Can't wait to decorate!!

#13 ·
we have the same due date and I don't need to be told this baby's staying put...i can just feel it! And I have everyone around me telling me she's coming any minute. my boss is so paranoid i'm going to go into labor at work
lol.gif

i'm sorry you're not sleeping, though...that's the worst! I've been having off and on nights of good sleep and bad sleep...last night was okay, thank goodness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montessorimama1 View Post

Went to the MW yesterday... She thinks baby's staying put at least another week. Great...
angry.gif
I'm in the foulest mood ever, I had three hours of insomnia last night so who wouldn't be grumpy??? I'm going to go walk some hills.
Here's good labor vibes for everyone that's imminent!!

#14 ·
Nothing new here. Feeling much less sad and depressed today. I took my son to a playgroup this morning which was fun. Now we're home and I'm trying to get him to have some quiet time (so I can take a little cat nap) but he is only interested in walking the dog. It's 20 degrees out so that's not happening!

Good luck Kewpie!!! Can't wait to hear about the twins!!

I have a MW appointment tomorrow morning, then I have to work at noon.

#15 ·
@kewpie - I am so excited for you!!!! Can't wait to see those babies! Hoping all goes super easy and peaceful for you and the babies.

@redbirdlady- just like when trying to conceive, DH has a job to do now! He's gotta help this baby come out! Give him a pep talk and get in there!
ROTFLMAO.gif

@wombjuice- that birthing wave sounds serious, fingers crossed for you that the birthing waves continue!

@montessorimama-
hug2.gif
Hit those hills, girl!

I have to laugh when reading this thread, its good to see that everyone else is grumbling around like me. We're almost there!

#16 ·
Kewpie- So excited for you :D!!!!! Sending healthy labor and delivery thoughts your way!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one in a funk...or feeling funky for that matter. Had a bout of intestinal cleansing, nausea and some contractions early this morning, but everything is calm now.

My pelvis feels like it's splitting in two.

NO energy. NO appetite.

BLECH!

#18 ·
Thinking of you Kewpie, hope all goes well!

I'll be 40 weeks tomorrow (according to my midwife), had an appointment today and she did a stretch and sweep; baby's dropped even further and I'm 50% effaced and 3cm dialated and she could stretch me to 4!! When she was doing the stretch and sweep she could feel the baby's head!!!!! Even tho last night was a really crappy sleep, I've felt good all day. Ended up going to see my sister for a few hours after my appointment; she had her baby on Dec 30 (4 weeks early), and the baby got admitted to the hospital today for jaundice, and they're keeping her there for a minimum of 3 days...sis is very discouraged, and totally sick of hospitals. (When Teegan was born, they kept her and my sister from Friday night until Monday, because of potential jaundice issues and low blood sugar levels. And now 2 days later and she's back in there again....) Now I'm just waiting on my massage therapist friend to come over for a visit/treatment...woot!

I'm craving Kraft Dinner, so that'll be supper tonight :)

#19 ·
Good luck, Kewpie!! I hope everything goes beautifully.... happy healthy little ones and a wonderful birth!!

I hope no one hates me, but I am doing fairly well... pregnancy wise. I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow and I have been surprised how patient I have been with this little one. My son went to 42 weeks and the last week or so just crawled! It was the idea that this huge unpredictable and mysterious thing was about to happen to me and I just didn't know when it would come. I have been blessed with good third trimesters, though, for each of these little ones. It is the first trimester that is awful for me..... I get so sick! My biggest physcial complaint now is just being tired. I also have low blood pressure so standing up for a bit makes me incredibly weak.

The most trying thing for me now, though, is how my son is going to cope with being at the birth and the transition of a new sibling. I also have family drama concerning a sister who was previously going to be there for my son at the birth. Not so sure it is going to happen now... she feels like the extra time I want her to spend with my son beforehand in order to prepare is just too much. She is in a funk and I think my expectations for her participation are just too high for her now. I am sad about it though..... and not sure how to handle it yet. Do any other mamas have older ones that they are preparing for the birth now? How are you going about it? Who is going to care for them during and how are you feeling about it?

Hang in there, mamas who are ready to go.... I know the last weeks can be hard, but it is closer than you think. I remember thinking to myself after my son was born how short those last few weeks really were, in retrospect.... lotta good that does now, though, huh? :) My advice to first time mamas in these last few days or weeks is take lots of long, uninterrupted showers or baths!!

#20 ·
Hoping everything is going well for Kewpie.

I am not holding up well. My pelvis has decided to go on strike. I can barely walk or do much of anything. My mom was in and drove me up to the mall to get some wool. Normally I have to walk since we don't have a car & I was worried it was too far for me now. Boy, was I right. Even with the ride, just walking around the store was enough to have everything seized up when I got up to pee that night. Then yesterday I made cookies, got into the crawl space to find the rest of the newborn diapers (and found yet another box of newborn clothes, I swear I have enough clothes for triplets at least) and swept the cat litter from the last people who lived here which was under my washing machine & dryer (before they got shoved back when we got a new water heater). I was in tears my pelvis hurt so much. So, I guess I'm officially useless until after the baby comes now.

Dh is getting antsy about having everything done. He went out and got a pump yesterday to drain the pool & tried to get a faucet adaptor for the hose, but was told they didn't have one. Checked on-line last night and that store has THREE of them, all in stock. Needless to say he is annoyed with the sales person who told him they didn't carry them, since he'll have to walk all the way back up there to get one.

I'm going to hang some sheets in the basement, hopefully today, to try to make my birthing space a little nicer & more peaceful. If I can figure out how, I might put up a few pretty posters on them, too. Dh bought a bunch of tea lights & some really pretty holders for them, so we'll get those set up, put blankets down for under the pool & do a test fill. I'm also going to try to sort things out so that I can easily manage everything by myself in case labour goes really fast or I just don't feel like having anyone else around. I just really need to find the cable to charge the video camera. Fingers crossed we find it today!

Baby is still floating. No surprise to me, I don't think I've ever had a baby engage before labour. It's so funny watching my bump moving, though. If I stand for awhile, the big bulge that I'm sure is the baby's bum moves way down, near my belly button, but after I've been sitting awhile, it's back up near my ribs.

Got a henna kit yesterday and we already had rigid wrap, so now we just need to find a good time to do a belly case & henna my belly. Think I'm going to let the kids do some of the henna stuff. Won't be beautiful like having a professional do it, but it will be special.

#21 ·
Had my 36 week check up and BPP today and received some excellent news, little man has finally moved out of breach and is head down!!! I am so ecstatic!! I was amazed when the tech told me.

The only indication I had was some pains/discomfort about two this morning, but I thought it was just a more painful version of his usual stretching. His head is now down and in position, and his foot has officially taken up the spot that his head previously occupied...the exact same spot which is sort of weird.

Baby is still measuring two weeks ahead, while my stomach still measures right on target. My cervix is still thinning as well, which they say is from my constant BH. The doctor tells me he is not letting me go past 39 weeks, which would be the 25th...but he doesn't think I will make it that long.

Considering I have had the mindset for the past week that this kid was content to stay where he was and I was going to have to have a c section...I feel like a drastic weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Add to that that LO could quite possibly be here 'anytime' (in the doctor's words)....ELATED!!

Got home from the appointment and the first thing my husband asks is "Does that mean we can have sex now?" hahaha...we have had to sustain the last couple of weeks because of the condition of my cervix and the baby's position. I hadn't even thought to ask the doctor about that, and it feels odd to me to call up to the office to ask....awkward.

On the other hand, now that I have been given the okay for delivery...sort of tempting!!

Hope everyone is doing well in their neck of the woods
biggrinbounce.gif

Also wondering- is it true that squatting will help engage the baby and keep him in place? I am so horribly paranoid that he will decide he was more comfortable breach and flip back around, so I want to do everything possible to encourage to stay head down!

#22 ·
everyone seems so close! and yay for kewpie, can't wait to see photos.

i'm officially 39 weeks today, and last night i was up every few hours to leakage, little gushes of fluid soaking my underwear and when i finally got out of bed this morning i realized it's definitely amniotic fluid and my waters are leaking for sure. small gushes throughout the day, way more tightening in my belly, menstrual like cramps and a nagging lower backache. BUT - no real or regular contractions. i napped and then cleaned and walked and am going to walk more later. MW is coming by tonight to check in. any thoughts girls? my mind is now so preoccupied! does it sound like early labor?

#23 ·
is it true that squatting will help engage the baby and keep him in place? I am so horribly paranoid that he will decide he was more comfortable breach and flip back around, so I want to do everything possible to encourage to stay head down!
yes it is true! now that he is in place i would squat, walk up and down stairs (even sideways) to encourage further engagement.

#24 ·
chilichiki .... He won't "let" you? That's utter bs, it's entirely your decision. Drs have no right to make decisions like that, they just want you to believe they can. As for sex, why not? It's not going to put you into labour if baby isn't ready, it'll just help your cervix get ready.

Begoniamama All of my labours have started with my water breaking. With my oldest, I bought into their time restriction bs (& I was kind of stuck at the hospital due to our transportation situation at the time) and wound up with a cesarean. With my 2nd, my water was broken for 90 hours before I got any labour at all. He was born about 20 hours after that. With my 3rd, I started getting very distantly spaced contractions after about 8 hours, they went to 20 minutes after about 15 hours and he was actually born within 22 hours of my water breaking.

#26 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilichiki View Post

Considering I have had the mindset for the past week that this kid was content to stay where he was and I was going to have to have a c section...I feel like a drastic weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Add to that that LO could quite possibly be here 'anytime' (in the doctor's words)....ELATED!!
That's fantastic! Throughout my whole pregnancy I was paranoid about baby being breech. Luckily, my baby has been head down for the past few months and hasn't budged from her favorite spot (my right side). I call her my little Moonunit because she's been positioned like a crescent moon forever! But enough about me...I just wanted to say that because of my paranoia of breech-itude, I can totally understand where you were coming from with having a heavy head about your baby being breech, and I'm so happy for you that he decided to switch! I heard that sitting upright and getting on your hands & knees is good for keeping them in position. I've been doing this *just in case* my baby decides to change her mind at the last minute. I do very little lounging unless it's on my side and my knees are curled up. Even in the car I position my seat super upright. It's worked so far!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.