Anyone else expecting an overdue baby? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 44 Old 01-05-2012, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I went a week overdue with both of my sons, so I am expecting to go overdue again with this one since it seems like that's just how my body likes to do things.

I'm due on the 15th, but am expecting somewhere around the 20th...

Anyone else in this boat?

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

#2 of 44 Old 01-05-2012, 04:07 PM

As much as I want to deny it, I'm most likely in this boat.  DD was 5 days overdue when they induced (with no signs of letting go anytime soon), so who knows how long I would've gone naturally.  I WANT to believe that this kiddo will come a couple days to a week early, but my body has a tendency to hold babies in.  Sigh.

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#3 of 44 Old 01-05-2012, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conchobhar View Post

As much as I want to deny it, I'm most likely in this boat.  DD was 5 days overdue when they induced (with no signs of letting go anytime soon), so who knows how long I would've gone naturally.  I WANT to believe that this kiddo will come a couple days to a week early, but my body has a tendency to hold babies in.  Sigh.

Yeah, know the feeling. Really wish my body would kick things into gear asap but at 38 weeks, I'm mentally preparing myself for otherwise :-/ As much as I hate the idea of interventions, I'm considering at least getting my membranes stripped after my due date...It didn't work for me the last pregnancy (midwife did, and I didn't go into labor for 7 days!). Maybe this one will be different!

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

#4 of 44 Old 01-05-2012, 04:14 PM

I'm 39+2... and first baby... so I'm definitely starting to think about the "what-ifs" of going "overdue" (stupid due dates, I wish I didn't even know mine!)

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#5 of 44 Old 01-05-2012, 04:18 PM

I'm in that boat too! I am due January 17 but last time my LO came a week late. So, bracing for more of the same. My first LO (eight years ago) came 3 days early at least. Both previous labors were 2am-3am deals. So I'm also expecting that again too, but only because I can't imagine having a civilized time for rushing to the hospital!

#6 of 44 Old 01-05-2012, 04:19 PM

Yup.  My older son was born at 41.5 weeks, and I don't have any reason to suspect this guy will be much (if at all) earlier.  I *hope* he is but I doubt very much that he will be.

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#7 of 44 Old 01-05-2012, 04:30 PM

all 3 of my previous babes have been in the 41-42 week range, and i would guess this baby's gonna follow that pattern, but everything about this pregnancy has seemed different than the others, so i guess we'll see.  i could certainly use the extra time!  i promise not to whine about it!  :)

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#8 of 44 Old 01-05-2012, 04:57 PM

I'm thinking there is a darn good possibilty that this one will be overdue, just because it's my first.

But for those of you that have BTDT, when did you first start feeling like your body was really prepping for birth time? I'm 37 weeks today, and for the last two days I've been feeling my body making changes (baby descending further, lots of BH and pelvis pressure, cervix cramping).  What was it like for you?

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#9 of 44 Old 01-05-2012, 04:57 PM

I was due this past Monday, 1/2.  So I'm already overdue, and loathing it.

energy.gifDD 06/05, angel3.gif DD 02/07, bouncy.gif DS 02/08, babygirl.gif DD 01/12

#10 of 44 Old 01-05-2012, 05:17 PM

Yep. Ds1 & ds3 were both over 40 weeks, ds2 was about 38/39 weeks, but I had a huge amount of stress at the time. I am measuring huge, though. And I have been getting contractions occasionally, which has never happened before. I find life is easier if I just expect I'll go over. If baby comes earlier that'll be nice, but I'm figuring on being pregnant at least until 40 +3

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#11 of 44 Old 01-05-2012, 05:36 PM

I've had one at 40+1 and one at 41+3...so I've talked myself into not delivering until February.  You know what brought out Mr. 41+3?  Just buying the cohashes!  One trip to the store and he came out that night!  Then I got to return the unopened bottles!

joyfulgrrrl and wombjuice like this.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#12 of 44 Old 01-05-2012, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I honestly don't know. My first was induced at 34 weeks due to complications. My 2nd came at 39 weeks. My 3rd was induced at 43 weeks. I don't have a real pattern to lead me to believe one thing or another. I have had more stress this pregnancy than any of my others and have struggled to gain any weight this time around as well. I don't know if these things will lead to this baby coming on the earlier end or not. I have had sooooo many contractions, but I did the same with my last baby and that clearly did not bring her out early. I am having so many problems with pinched nerves this time around that I hope this baby isn't TOO late because on most days I am pretty much immobile now.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#13 of 44 Old 01-05-2012, 07:24 PM

I went to 42 weeks with my first so I'm expecting to go overdue again.  I'd be shocked if I didn't.  I think my EDD is closer this time than with DS1 b/c it's based on conception date, not last period (since that was in 2008) but I still think I'll go at least a week over.  My EDD is 1/21 and I hope he stays in until at least 1/19 when my mom will be back!!  I tried to have work put me on the schedule the week after the 21st but they think I'm crazy and said we'll take it day by day.  whistling.gif  Last time I was so annoyed about going so late....especially since EVERYONE told me I'd never make it to my due date based on how huge I was.  This time I have just accepted it and am totally planning on it.  He'll decide when and where he wants to be born!

#14 of 44 Old 01-05-2012, 10:55 PM

Me!  My son went to 42 weeks.... I'm due on the 19th but not expecting really anything until the last week of January...... that way I don't go insane.  This baby may obviously have other plans, of course....  who knows?!   I am feeling a bit stretched to the max, but I know better than to expect anything too early!

element2012, the only way I really knew something was coming was I began losing my mucus plug a little at a time for about a week before labor started.  I didn't really have any other huge pressure or BH contraction changes..  I actually never had many BH contractions at all.  It was really only the mucus, then contractions started in slowly in the middle of the night.  I was really "overdue" though, so I knew to expect it sometime soon! 

#15 of 44 Old 01-06-2012, 12:40 AM

Add me to the list, I'm officially 40 weeks today and she has NO intentions of coming anytime soon. I'm absolutely hating this wait, at this point I'm convinced I'm never going to give birth.

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#16 of 44 Old 01-07-2012, 03:10 AM

yes us.  41 weeks preggo.  will be induced on Monday if she doesn't come today or tomorrow.  not looking likely on that front either.  :(

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#17 of 44 Old 01-07-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn811 View Post

... I'm convinced I'm never going to give birth.

I'm 40+2 today, and feeling the exact same way...Sweet Pea dropped (for the first time) almost a month ago, and every time the midwife checks, she's further down, and I've been losing mucous for close to a week, and have tons of surges (but random, no pattern at all), but it's like I'm missing the trigger to get everything going...or else she just wants to be an aquatic being forever....

Theatre-techie at heart, married to a theatre-techie hubby,and mama to an incredible baby girl, (h20homebirth.gifJan 14, 2012) and expecting a surprise in July 2014!  We are having a blastbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif, andfemalesling.GIF.
#18 of 44 Old 01-07-2012, 07:08 AM

First baby at +14 days.  I don't think baby will be "overdue" until after 42 weeks, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to have one by Monday, my due date.

#19 of 44 Old 01-07-2012, 07:30 AM

I'm 4/4 for overdue babies so I'm definitely in the same boat. I'm due 1/14 but not thinking it will be until the 20th at the earliest. 

#20 of 44 Old 01-07-2012, 02:55 PM

My first two were overdue (well, number 1 was only a day over, but I went to 42 weeks with number 2) so I'm expecting that I will probably go over this time as well.

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
K (6): C (8): B (1/13/12) homeschool.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif

#21 of 44 Old 01-07-2012, 03:05 PM

Hey,

DD1 was classed as 2 weeks over due based on LMP, but the LMP was wrong, I don't have a 28 day cycle, at that time I had an * week cycle, so they shouldn't have used LMP at all. All scans showed she was at least 2 weeks smaller, all measurements showed up as being at least 2 weeks smaller, the docs etc were concerned even though I kept saying the LMP was wrong. So, anyway, bullied into induction and they decided I was right, she was classed as being somewhere between 38 and 40 weeks......... Not that that helps.....

DD2 I went to nearly 43 weeks with

BUT DD3 popped out on my due date. So, going by past births doesn't mean you will have another slowcooker!!!

Have hope (the nearly 43 weeker was so uncomfortable lol.......).

#22 of 44 Old 01-07-2012, 04:26 PM

Is there a medical reason? Because if not, she  can tell them to jump in a lake. Even ACOG says there's no reason to induce before 42 COMPLETED weeks of pregnancy (in other words before the start of the 43rd week). It's her choice if she wants to give the baby more time to come on it's own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoscot View Post

yes us.  41 weeks preggo.  will be induced on Monday if she doesn't come today or tomorrow.  not looking likely on that front either.  :(

g

Celticqueen likes this.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#23 of 44 Old 01-08-2012, 02:43 AM

My first was 42+2 and my second 41+6, so I learned a long time ago not to fixate on due dates. I even refuse to tell most people the actual "due date" as this caused concern in my extended family once I was "overdue". I figure the date is really plus or minus 2 weeks so anytime in January is normal. At least that's what I've been saying to all the gawkers and commenters. I will admit that I'm getting anxious and hoping this one doesn't take so long, but I really hate all the "when are you getting induced?" comments, so I try to keep my impatience to myself and complain only to DH.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Wife to DH 6 yr, Mom to Mono 6/07, Mi'ha 12/09, La & Ta 1/12. Yah!

CDing, noVaxing, tandom BFing & BWing, coSleeping, minimalist in training 388/2012, mama
#24 of 44 Old 01-08-2012, 12:04 PM

@ziursrm, I didn't tell most people the due date either! And got after DH if he so much as breathed a word to anyone... it has been relatively peaceful as a result (I'm due on the 10th) with the exception of people in town who know me starting to wonder when they see me out and about - I've just stopped leaving the house to do errands during the day.

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#25 of 44 Old 01-09-2012, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziursrm View Post

My first was 42+2 and my second 41+6, so I learned a long time ago not to fixate on due dates. I even refuse to tell most people the actual "due date" as this caused concern in my extended family once I was "overdue". I figure the date is really plus or minus 2 weeks so anytime in January is normal. At least that's what I've been saying to all the gawkers and commenters. I will admit that I'm getting anxious and hoping this one doesn't take so long, but I really hate all the "when are you getting induced?" comments, so I try to keep my impatience to myself and complain only to DH.

Yep- I refuse to tell anyone my due date. Only DH knows...not my Facebook friends, not family, no one else! I did last pregnancy and it seemed like my phone rang constantly that week I went overdue. I finally had to turn my phone off

#26 of 44 Old 01-09-2012, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tireesix View Post

BUT DD3 popped out on my due date. So, going by past births doesn't mean you will have another slowcooker!!!

This is my 3rd, so I am pleased to read this thumb.gif There's hope yet!!

#27 of 44 Old 01-10-2012, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My first I went into labor 3 days past my due date and delivered 5 days past, so I wouldn't be surprised if I go "late". Then again, I'm not sure how accurate my due date was for her because it was based on LMP and this one is based on date of ovulation. Still doesn't mean much though. It's not like my baby knows it was conceived on such-and-such day and will pop out exactly X amount of days later.

According to my Bradley class, first time moms go an average of 41 weeks and 1 day and second+ time moms go an average of 40 weeks and 3 days. I don't know why we use the system of 40 weeks anyway. I think people are just over-managing and want a date to put on the calendar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticqueen View Post

Yep- I refuse to tell anyone my due date. Only DH knows...not my Facebook friends, not family, no one else! I did last pregnancy and it seemed like my phone rang constantly that week I went overdue. I finally had to turn my phone off

I just told everyone I'm due "in January" when they asked, so no one knows my due date either. I finally caved and told close family (my mom was going to have a fit I swear!) and if people read my blog, they could figure it out easily enough (because I'll say I'm X weeks and X days in my pregnancy posts). Still though, giving everyone a solid date seems like it's just begging for everyone to ask.

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#28 of 44 Old 01-12-2012, 01:38 PM

I'm so huge now that I've been getting the "due any day, huh?" type comments for almost 2 months now. I just say "anytime" to strangers because it's not their business anyway.  For people I know well I gently remind/inform that due dates are really plus or minus 2 weeks for most normal pregnancies. So my "due date" is truly about Jan 1 to Feb 1 and they can pick any date within that to hope for if they like, I could care less as long as baby and I stay healthy. One of midwives was saying she wishes we could go back to birth months or seasons in general and that would take all the social pressure off.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Wife to DH 6 yr, Mom to Mono 6/07, Mi'ha 12/09, La & Ta 1/12. Yah!

CDing, noVaxing, tandom BFing & BWing, coSleeping, minimalist in training 388/2012, mama
#29 of 44 Old 01-12-2012, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

If I go by ovulation I'm due today (by LMP I'm due this Saturday), so yes I'm expecting an overdue baby because not much is going on (except for the regular shoves and wiggles of a HUGE baby in my HUGE belly).  I really really wish people weren't obsessing about my pregnancy... It's like when your boyfriend hasn't proposed and people keep asking: "Has he proposed yet?"  Ummm, no, but thanks for reminding me.  Grrrr...

Happy housewife and mom to big Z, born at home 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and happy to get back to trying!  
#30 of 44 Old 01-12-2012, 04:37 PM

Going by Naegle, I'm due today. By Mittendorf Williams, I'm due the 17th. Ds3 came 2 days after the M-W date, so yeah, not expecting a baby today or tomorrow. Dh thinks the 14th, I'm thinking closer to the 20th. Either way, it's getting very close.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page