Daily Check-in - January 6th - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 06:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Didn't see a thread yet, so I figured I'd start it today.  TGIF!  How's everyone doing?  Any big plans for the weekend?

I'm 40+4, exhausted and ready to have this baby already!  My midwife stripped my membranes for the second time in a week yesterday, got blood this time, then we ate a spicy lunch, walked for hours, had a spicy dinner, but only a random contraction here and there; nothing regular or super hard.  I'm admittedly very frustrated, and we're considering breaking out the castor oil tomorrow.  (Not something I'm looking forward to, but having already tried sex, black and blue cohosh has been going on for over a week, nipple stimulation, pineapple, EPO, RRL tea, two rounds of membrane stripping, walking, birthing ball bouncing...I'm just over this!  I've only ever had medical inductions, one for a postdate baby, and I was SO looking forward to a homebirth this time around, so if castor oil is what it takes, then that's what it takes.)

ETA:  Within half an hour of posting this, I lost my mucous plug.  Hopefully a sign of more action to come!

energy.gifDD 06/05, angel3.gif DD 02/07, bouncy.gif DS 02/08, babygirl.gif DD 01/12

#2 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 06:14 AM

The big plan for the weekend is to hopefully have a baby. winky.gif My due date is on the 15th, but I've been leaking amniotic fluid for 2.5 days. I've also been having on and off mild cramping and lower back pain, but not a single contraction yet.

My son had already been born by this point, so it really feels like forever to wait. I'm so eager to meet our new little one, and she's being stubborn. orngtongue.gif

I haven't done anything to move labor along. I thought the fact that I'm leaking means my body wants to do it soon? Surely, it's not good to leak for too long?

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#3 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 06:37 AM

Today is a non-event day for me.  Grocery store, handing with the little man, hemming some curtains, etc.  If I was actually a motivated woman I'd have it all done before naptime, but I'll likely still be scrambling before my husband gets home from work!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#4 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

If I don't have this baby soon, I'm literally going to go crazy.  In fact, I may have already. nut.gif

I'm just in so much pain at night!  And I have no idea what exactly is causing it.  The baby moves all throughout the day (never slowed down in that department), but at night, it starts moving its little hands, shoulders, and head...and it literally feels like it's trying to head-butt its way out of my cervix.  The pressure in the lower segment of my uterus, on my bladder, and on my cervix is literally unbearable...but only when the baby does these weird movements.  So I'll be sitting there, just eating my dinner or whatnot, and then I'll let out a scream out of nowhere because it hurts so bad...then it goes away, then the baby does it again and I scream again.  It's the weirdest, most unpredictable, uncomfortable feeling EVER.  And after almost three full years of midwifery school, I've never heard of this and have no idea what it is!!!  Any thoughts?

I haven't slept in about a month now.  People keep warning me to get some sleep now because there won't be any after the baby comes...and I have to cover my mouth to keep from laughing at them.  I would do ANYTHING for a 1-2 hour stretch of sleep at this point.  I can't WAIT to have the baby, sleep for 1-2 hours, wake up to feed him/her, and then sleep for another 1-2 hours.  It's going to be BLISS.

I'm so grumpy all the time and my moods change in the drop of a hat.  One minute I'm so happy and excited, the next minute I'm sobbing in frustration and desperation.  My poor husband.  He just sighs and makes me more food and rubs my feet, and I just stare at him angrily because I'm not in labor. lol.gif

DONE.  I am done, ladies.  As a midwifery student, doula, and childbirth educator, I never thought I'd say that out loud.  I thought I'd be the patient one who sets a good example for pregnant women everywhere.  And now, all I want to do is punch everyone who is not pregnant, shake my husband and tell him that he JUST DOESN'T UNDERSTAND, and hide in a hole (and hibernate) until this baby is born.  OMG.  I'm a mess! bawling.gif

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
#5 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 07:01 AM

I'm officially 40 weeks today. This little girl is happy just where she is. Clearly, she's more of her father than I'd like her to be. If she was like me she'd be here by now (; 

Feeling better today, swapped my flu for a nasty cold and congestion instead. Whacky sleep but had some cinnamon toast crunch for breakfast (yum), will brave taking a shower today and take the dog for a walk, and hopefully fix some stupid financial things that are going on unnecessarily (shocking). 

My certification exam is in 4 days now so I suppose I should review up at some point soon (: 

Had some major cramping and I believe lost some more mucous plug yesterday and today after the cervical check..watch her come on the day of my exam. I'll be so upset lol. It's already paid for and I can't retake it until April!

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#6 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 07:05 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Oh no, Kaitlyn!!  I hope you get to take your exam!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn811 View Post..watch her come on the day of my exam. I'll be so upset lol. It's already paid for and I can't retake it until April!

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
#7 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 07:10 AM

Wombjuice - your entire post sounds like transition!  Seriously.  The mood swings, the pain from the uncontrollable feelings to the uterus, the lashing out at the husband.  If you weren't sitting here posting I would have assumed you're halfway there.  Don't worry, it will get *so* much better when the kid is here.  And sleep is way easier as your body will just adjust to falling asleep at the drop of a hat.  You can do this, girl!  And if you feel the need to kick people that tell you to sleep now...well, the rest of us will just look away while you do it.  And do it HARD!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#8 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 07:31 AM

i'm very sorry for everyone who isn't feeling well.  i think we all reach a special kind of crazy down towards the end- i know i do.  it doesn't always sound the same for each person, but i think there's this nervous, animal (sometimes unbearably painful!) response to impending labor that makes everything in life feel really fierce.  i'm sure saying this doesn't make it any better, though.

i'm sorry, ladies.  this chapter WILL be over soon.  and all of this pain and frustration is purposeful- it has an end, and ultimately, gives you a baby.

things here are fine.  i learned at my MW appt yesterday that one of the 2 MWs is leaving the practice.  that's kind of a bummer.

i have a lot to do here- hoping to check off a good chunk of the to-do list in the next couple of days.

looking for a few new birth affirmations to fall asleep to at night.  i know there's a bazillion of them out there, but i thought maybe i'd ask here first- it'd be nice to know what's meaningful for you guys.  anyone have a favorite affirmation to share?

have a good day, everyone.  to those of you losing plugs, congrats!  that's hopeful progress!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#9 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 08:15 AM

LMBO! wombjuice we posted at just about the same time..it really does sound like you're in transition and I'm so very sorry you're feeling like this. I'm just about there. I've had to deal with government agencies and you can tell the workers try really hard not to make me upset because I'm enormous and it's easy to make a heavily pregnant woman cry! No one wants to be 'that jerk' and a lot of people will hold and open doors for me..that part is fun. Everything else? Yeah. It's torture. Sleep is something that is soo joyful yet so uncomfortable. Repeat..it will all be over soon. (yeah right)

I HOPE I can take my exam. I'll sit there while in labor if I have to. This little one's future and mine depend on it. She's too much like her father..crap. 

#10 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 09:11 AM

thinking of you, pilar! you've grown so quiet lately- i hope all is well with you guys.  did your husband finish that loft project he was working on?  are you feeling ok these days?  looking forward to your next update!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#11 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 09:36 AM

Hardcoremom..... I think "surrender" is a great birth mantra..  :)

#12 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 10:07 AM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! This is me howling at the moon...

Feeling slightly insane. What I imagine having PMS and menopause symptoms at the same time would be like. Having gastrointestinal disturbances, insomnia, mood swings, and lots of pelvic pressure/pain. Oh, and NO appetite. Hoping something comes of this soon. With DS I was like this for 5-6 days before labor kicked off.

Thinking happy thoughts and trying to occupy DS.

#13 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 11:45 AM

Happy Friday everyone!  I'm doing absolutely nothing of consequence today-- enjoying pretending to be a lady of leisure for a little bit.  My 2 year old will be in FT preschool until the 16th when he drops down to two days a week;  we forgot to fill out the paperwork to change him sooner so I got a sort of little bonus vacation here.  It is so so weird to be home without him here for any length of time.  Basically everything I needed to get done at home (other than putting the waterproof sheet on the bed) is done already so I'm just knitting and going for walks and enjoying this brief quiet time...

I think I've begun ever so slowly losing my mucus plug.  Nothing dramatic, just little shreds/strings of mucus here and there.  Last pregnancy, losing my mucus plug was pretty spectacular (happened over the course of a day or so following a membrane sweep) and it was still like a week and a half before I went into labor, so I'm not getting too too excited about this.  Still, I'm happy to see my body doing SOMETHING to get ready!

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#14 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

HCM - So sweet of you to think of me!  Yeah, I'm pretty much in a foul mood 24/7 these days and don't want to spread the misery around.  My mom is here and is cleaning up a storm, which is lovely but I still feel like I have to do something so I end up exhausted by the end of the day.  Everyone is asking if the baby is here yet.  "It's CLEARLY NOT, so leave me alone" is what I want to reply... *sigh*  

I'll be back to read and comment on what everyone else is up to, but now we're off to Goodwill and to buy some stuff to keep organizing the house.  I'm glad we're doing this now, but I just want to go to a movie by myself or crawl into bed...

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z (2 1/2)
m/c 07/14 and Baby EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!

#15 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombjuice View Post

I'm just in so much pain at night!  And I have no idea what exactly is causing it.  The baby moves all throughout the day (never slowed down in that department), but at night, it starts moving its little hands, shoulders, and head...and it literally feels like it's trying to head-butt its way out of my cervix.  The pressure in the lower segment of my uterus, on my bladder, and on my cervix is literally unbearable...but only when the baby does these weird movements.  So I'll be sitting there, just eating my dinner or whatnot, and then I'll let out a scream out of nowhere because it hurts so bad...then it goes away, then the baby does it again and I scream again.  It's the weirdest, most unpredictable, uncomfortable feeling EVER.  And after almost three full years of midwifery school, I've never heard of this and have no idea what it is!!!  Any thoughts?

I get these random movements from LO that sound like that...and make me jump and let out a little scream.  My 4 year old finds it amusing...haha.

I'm with you, so done.  Ready for baby to be here...and I am only just past 36 weeks :o(

Also, I am horribly paranoid that baby has moved BACK to a breech position.  I have an NST tonight and I am going to have them check positioning to ease my mind.

Good luck ladies!  hope to read about some babies arrivals tonight!

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#16 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 12:17 PM

I'm so glad I'm not the only crazy one. I could have written most of your post, Wombjuice, except for the fact you are in midwifery school... There is something about the lower ligaments or something and the uterus-sharing baby and I are doing here that has me moaning and yelping all day. I cry randomly and hard. I have stopped leaving the house because I'm so sick of people saying "Oh! You're still pregnant!" and looking like a total bag in my four remaining items of clothing. And if one more person tells me to try to get some sleep before the baby comes I'm really going to stick it them.

Baby's due in 4 days and I feel basically NOTHING. There's a little increase in cervical fluids, some kinda thickish white-ish stuff coming out in teeny amounts, but little else. My bh ctx have been with me the whole pregnancy so I don't really consider them 'progress'.

I've felt totally frantic and DONE for weeks now, it's starting to get really, really depressing. The carpal tunnel syndrome continues too. My CTS-affected fingers are completely numb on the palms and I can make a claw, but not a fist, which means I need two hands to hold a fork. Don't even get me started about not knitting.

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#17 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 12:44 PM

I hope you ladies who are feeling miserable find some comfort soon! Hugs!

No baby today, which I'm totally fine with (I'm actually hoping she's a week late!). Been watching lots of birth documentaries and childcare films--happy to have stepped up to childcare films (I have been researching a lot about pregnancy and just recently delved into the world of learning how to take care of a newborn--making it even more "real" that she's gonna be here soon!). Watched "The Happiest Baby on the Block" last night and got some good tips on calming baby when she's out. The "jiggly head" bit is slightly disturbing, but I'm down for trying everything else!

I've been having pangs of guilt since I've stopped working a couple weeks ago. Since I tutor reading and writing, I'm constantly reading out loud with my students, but I'm generally not a very talkative kind of person outside of work. I loved tutoring while being pregnant because I feel like it helped baby to get acquainted with my voice and reading, but now that I'm not working, my talking has dropped tremendously. I try to talk to her as much as I can, but honestly, sometimes I just feel silly doing what seems to be talking to myself. I know how important it is for baby to be familiar with mama's voice, so I feel like I really need to up my talking--do some reading out loud or something.

I hope to hear of some more healthy births and babies soon!

First-time momma-to-be with my amazing man. Planning a homebirth and expecting a baby girl mid-January 2012. love.gif

#18 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montessorimama1 View Post

HCM - So sweet of you to think of me!  Yeah, I'm pretty much in a foul mood 24/7 these days and don't want to spread the misery around.  My mom is here and is cleaning up a storm, which is lovely but I still feel like I have to do something so I end up exhausted by the end of the day.  Everyone is asking if the baby is here yet.  "It's CLEARLY NOT, so leave me alone" is what I want to reply... *sigh*  

I'll be back to read and comment on what everyone else is up to, but now we're off to Goodwill and to buy some stuff to keep organizing the house.  I'm glad we're doing this now, but I just want to go to a movie by myself or crawl into bed...

This. Absolutely. I've stopped going to most places because they know me and say that and it's irritating me now. And my family and close friends call or text every DAY to ask if she's here yet. I enjoy people caring and all but my GOODNESS I will let you all know when it actually HAPPENS! Apparently they think they'll be left out and clueless? Like really?

#19 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarwoman View Post

I'm so glad I'm not the only crazy one. I could have written most of your post, Wombjuice, except for the fact you are in midwifery school... There is something about the lower ligaments or something and the uterus-sharing baby and I are doing here that has me moaning and yelping all day. I cry randomly and hard. I have stopped leaving the house because I'm so sick of people saying "Oh! You're still pregnant!" and looking like a total bag in my four remaining items of clothing. And if one more person tells me to try to get some sleep before the baby comes I'm really going to stick it them.

Yes-- I get this too.  I haven't felt particularly hormonal or mood swingy this whole pregnancy until the last couple of days... when I can't stop bouncing back and forth.  Yesterday was a cry all day about nothing day.

The clothing thing made me laugh and wince in sympathy.  This little guy has dropped down even further in the past few days, so all of a suddenly, my belly is poking out from under the bottom of all of my shirts.  I think I have 2 right now that cover all of me and if we have a lot more growth... they're not gonna.  

Sorry to hear about the CTS.  I had it really badly in my last pregnancy and remember how horrible it was to not be able to feel any of my fingers, grasp anything, etc.  I hope yours passes really quickly after you give birth!

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#20 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 01:58 PM

I had to totally laugh at Wombjuice, I have been saying the same thing, that I cant wait for the baby to get here so I can SLEEP!! I much prefer that to being up fro 3-4 hrs during the night then not being able to sleep during the day because I have 3 other kids under 7. People think that is crazy but I would much rather be woken up multiple times a night, pull a boob out, latch baby on and go back to sleep. The last two nights I was actually able to sleep for the most part and am still super tired today and dont feel like doing anything. BLAH!!! People always say "sleep when the baby sleeps" which I found to be a joke because that is when you get to do everything you cant do when the baby is awake. I am 37 weeks today and couldnt be more excited, I have had a preemie before and my others were born at 38 weeks and to be able to birth in the water I had to be 37weeks.

Kind of irritated though, I had the MW check me at 34.5 weeks and I was at 1 (she felt 2 ctx when she was checking heartbeat, etc so she asked if I wanted to be checked plus I had a past premature birth).  The next week I saw the student MW who told me that I was at 3 and 50%. I was freaking out as I was only 35.5 weeks and this meant that my ideal birth wasnt going to happen. At 36.5 weeks I saw the regular MW again and the night before I had ctx for hrs that were 8 min apart, 1 min duration but in the past, I NEVER had any ctx's until the day I delivered. They went away though and havent been back. But then the regular MW said that no, I  was NOT at 3, it was still more like a 1. WTF. She said if she forced it, she could probably get a 3 but she didnt want to do that and stir things up.    In the past I have been at 3 for weeks before I actually delivered so now if I am only at 1 at 37 weeks, that is a bit strange for me. Who knows, after all this PTL fuss I will probably go to 42 weeks!!

Heather

#21 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 02:33 PM

I'm so sorry for you ladies that are feeling so bad!  It really will be over soon....then we'll have new things to complain about - sore nipples, night sweats, etc.  I think the only reason I can sleep a few hours at a time is because I still have to take 2 different anti-histamines to keep from vomitting all day. 

Today my son and I have been home together with no specific plans.  We went to the fabric store since I still need to make a new diaper bag.  He fell asleep for about an hour (yay!!) so I was able to start gathering stuff to pack in the hospital bags and DS's overnight bag.  I still need to organize the dog's meds, pack the bag with the birth ball, CDs, massage oil, water bottle, and snacks for labor, and print the birth plan.

It was soooo nice here today.  DS got to ride his bike this afternoon while I waddled behind him.  It was in the 20-30's the last 2 days, then today it must have been almost 60.  I'll take it!!

Come on babies....

#22 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 03:09 PM

No baby....and my water didn't break...

MW figures that because I'd had a bath just before, that some water got in there and mixed with a bunch of cervical mucous, so when I stood up there was a 'gush' coming from the right place, just not made of the right stuff...*growl*....Before, during and after my appointment, I was having ctx about 8mins apart, so she didn't do another stretch and sweep, because my body was already doing stuff, and then of course everything stopped around 6pm....aaaggghhH!!!!!!  Cuss.gif   I am SO tired of having hours of uncomfortable ctx and having them not progress to real labour....and now I'm starting to doubt whether I'll actually know when I'm in real labour!!!  Probably not until a head shows up....

MW said to have lots and lots of [can I say the 's' word?] and walk a ton, and drink lots of RRL tea....and if nothing happens over the weekend she'll do a stretch and sweep on Monday.  Problem is, I told hubby that MW could feel the baby's head when she was checking me, so he's kind of turned off, and walking a ton is a nice idea, except there's 6 inches of snow on the ground and my hip has JUST started feeling better and the last think I want to do is f*** it up again, plus my pelvis has started feeling like it's going to split in two...oh, and over the course of 24 hours, baby's moved so far down that MW couldn't feel any of her head with external palpitation, just shoulders....I swear, I'm going to have prodromal labour until she just falls out.....

Can we all get together and watch a super-funny movie or something??

Theatre-techie at heart, married to a theatre-techie hubby,and mama to an incredible baby girl, (h20homebirth.gifJan 14, 2012) and expecting a surprise in July 2014!  We are having a blastbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif, andfemalesling.GIF.
#23 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannabee View Post

MW figures that because I'd had a bath just before, that some water got in there and mixed with a bunch of cervical mucous, so when I stood up there was a 'gush' coming from the right place, just not made of the right stuff...*growl*....

That happened to me a few weeks back... I was so excited! Now it's just something I expect after a bath *sigh*

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#24 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarwoman View Post

That happened to me a few weeks back... I was so excited! Now it's just something I expect after a bath *sigh*

Yeah...It was funny too, because when I called MW to give her a heads-up, she said it definitely sounded like it was my water that broke, until she tested me the next day and the little swab didn't turn colour...she said I have a ton of mucous discharge though, which apparently is a good thing?  Is it my mucous plug that's just falling into pieces or is there another kind of discharge?

Theatre-techie at heart, married to a theatre-techie hubby,and mama to an incredible baby girl, (h20homebirth.gifJan 14, 2012) and expecting a surprise in July 2014!  We are having a blastbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif, andfemalesling.GIF.
#25 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

I'm back, and laughing at the clothing comment.  That is soooo me right now, my sweatpants fall off (plumber butt look is sooo hot right now) because I have to wear them so low since the baby's dropped (and I have no butt to hold them up) and my shirts ride up so I look like a hick with half my belly sticking out.  It was 80+F yesterday and me in a wifebeater because nothing else from my summer wardrobe fit anymore.  39 weeks tomorrow and not really feelin' it... Trying to be grateful for every little twinge and saying a little prayer of thanks when baby moves.  

I must look like a giant whale because I went shopping and out to lunch with my mom and EVERY. SINGLE. EMPLOYEE. I came in contact with asked me when I was going to have the baby.  

I'm sooooo sorry for the mamas who are in so much pain that they are crying!!!  How terrible to hear!

cedarwoman - I feel like you, not much in the way of symptoms and baby is due in 8 days.  I guess it's true that first-timers tend to go late... :(

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z (2 1/2)
m/c 07/14 and Baby EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!

#26 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 08:00 PM

Sweet.Bee, did you see my post in the last update thread about having your water break? Mine was broken for 90 hours with ds2 before I got any contractions. At the time, I knew of a woman who had gone 21 days. I think I would have gone insane.

Anyway, so long as you don't allow anything in your vagina, including for exams, the risk of infection is minimal because the water will wash bacteria back out. The important thing is to keep hydrated so your water will continually replenish and monitor your temperature regularly. You can also take vitamin C and use clean towels instead of pads to further reduce your risk of infection.

I hope labour starts for you soon! I know how frustrating it is to have your water break and have nothing happening. The link that seemed to finally start labour for me was when I went crazy & started scrubbing the shower floor on my hands & knees when I had a shower. It was weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post

The big plan for the weekend is to hopefully have a baby. winky.gif My due date is on the 15th, but I've been leaking amniotic fluid for 2.5 days. I've also been having on and off mild cramping and lower back pain, but not a single contraction yet.

My son had already been born by this point, so it really feels like forever to wait. I'm so eager to meet our new little one, and she's being stubborn. orngtongue.gif

I haven't done anything to move labor along. I thought the fact that I'm leaking means my body wants to do it soon? Surely, it's not good to leak for too long?

Several years ago on the ICAN list, we decided that there really is a pregnancy transition, very like labour transition, and it generally means you'll have your baby within 2-3 days. The only time I've seen that not happen, the mama was putting herself under massive stress. She finally took some time to just relax and not worry and went into labour the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanQueen99 View Post

Wombjuice - your entire post sounds like transition!  Seriously.  The mood swings, the pain from the uncontrollable feelings to the uterus, the lashing out at the husband.  If you weren't sitting here posting I would have assumed you're halfway there.  Don't worry, it will get *so* much better when the kid is here.  And sleep is way easier as your body will just adjust to falling asleep at the drop of a hat.  You can do this, girl!  And if you feel the need to kick people that tell you to sleep now...well, the rest of us will just look away while you do it.  And do it HARD!

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#27 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 08:25 PM

pregnancy transition- what an interesting way to put it!  i notice that i've gone a special kind of crazy in the last 24 hours before labor has started for me in each of my previous births.  with my last baby, i was so late and feeling so stressed by things that i came to this place of truly believing that i wasn't actually pregnant, but that i had just grown this huge tumor in my abdomen, that was never going to go away.  it was this really weird detachment/release from my worries about labor.  of course, after a few minutes, i shook myself out of such an irrational thought (and the fact that the tumor would occasionally squirm was a helpful reminder of reality), but i was seriously in that place where i thought this was all for naught, that nothing was ever going to come of the pregnancy.  (and i had my baby the next day.)  it was a special kind of crazy.

so i'm really sympathizing/empathizing with you guys in your final days.  take all the space you need to center yourselves, try to be as comfortable as possible, and remember how much we are supporting and thinking of you.

grouphug.gif

#28 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 08:50 PM

still preggo.  tried a labour induction cocktail tonight - all that did was make dp barf.  (it was castor oil, apricot juice, almond butter, water and a tincture of cohosh, verbena and another herb..lobelia!  it probably would have made me barf too).  we'll try simple water with drops from the tincture and see if that can help.  it's sadly looking like induction is headed our way on monday morning.  ugh.  :(

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#29 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 09:25 PM

I'm 8 days from my 'early' EDD (ultrasound) and 11 days from my 'late' EDD (based on the date I was pretty sure I conceived...but I wasn't charting and I had a bunch of easy ultrasounds when they were tracking development very carefully so...after much debate I'm inclined to trust the early EDD.

This is my 5th, and my first 4 children were from 4 days to 18 days late .so I'm not inclined to think this child is going to arrive early. I just had a pretty intense day at work and though I was having contractions and was sore at the end of the day, I don't feel like my body is nearing labour yet. I'm still pretty chipper, I have great focus at work - for me, losing focus at work is always a sign that I'm nearing labour day - I usually start making dumb mistakes and forgetting things in the 24 hours leading up to labour. Not there yet.

I'm working up to the day before my due date and have a HUGE deadline to meet as well as a pretty high-stakes thing I have to do that day....I'm realllllly hoping baby stays inside until my due date. I'd really be stunned to have this baby early and have to dump all this stuff on my colleagues.  I had to take 2.5 weeks of sick leave in December all of a sudden, and my hell weeks suddenly ended up being my friends' problem. I felt so guilty. I'm really trying to keep it reasonable in terms of committing to things, but I'm just such a type A personality I can't seem to let go of work....I just want to leave everything perfect so that the person who has to pick up my remaining files doesn't feel burdened by my maternity leave.

At the same time, I'm desperate to hold this child in my arms. It's been a really challenging last two years for us, and although we've had many successes, we've had some devastating losses and real health struggles - so this is going to be such an awesome way to start a new year. 

My blessing way is tomorrow, and I'm so excited. I really had to humble myself to ask my sister in law to host one for me - I had hoped someone would suggest it, but at the same time I also wanted it enough that I was able to ask for it. I'm having 14 friends and family over, plus my two oldest daughters, and we're going to do henna tattoos on my belly and everyone is going to have their own small henna. They are all bringing meals for after baby, which is the most amazing thing ever. I always end up doing way too much way too soon and last baby ended up flat on my ass with mastitis with a 2 week old and 3 other kids. Then we got thrush. It was the pits. I promised myself to do NOTHING for 2 weeks after birth. 

As I reflect on that, I realize It's been different for me this pregnancy. I've always had to be the heroic mom who did it all, and never asked for help. I think being an older mom this time and having 4 kids already, I have finally realized that if I always do it all, no one is going to offer help because I make it look easy. I've also learned that my friends and family love us and love to help us. It makes them feel close to our big, happy family, it gives them opportunities to bond with our kids, it lets them show off their cooking, or sheet-folding, or show-shoveling skills. When anyone offers  me help now, I grab it. And if they don't offer, I don't hesitate to ask. My mom booked herself a trip to Palm Springs for Feb 9th and I told her flat out - "I'm going to have a 3 week old with 4 other kids...I need you here, I'm going to need your help." She cancelled her ticket the next day, so pleased at being needed - I think she was kind of relieved.

Anyway - late night ramblings from me. I'm enjoying so much hearing how everyone is feeling right now. 

#30 of 31 Old 01-06-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombjuice View Post

If I don't have this baby soon, I'm literally going to go crazy.  In fact, I may have already. nut.gif

I haven't slept in about a month now.  People keep warning me to get some sleep now because there won't be any after the baby comes...and I have to cover my mouth to keep from laughing at them.  I would do ANYTHING for a 1-2 hour stretch of sleep at this point.  I can't WAIT to have the baby, sleep for 1-2 hours, wake up to feed him/her, and then sleep for another 1-2 hours.  It's going to be BLISS.

I'm so grumpy all the time and my moods change in the drop of a hat.  One minute I'm so happy and excited, the next minute I'm sobbing in frustration and desperation.  My poor husband.  He just sighs and makes me more food and rubs my feet, and I just stare at him angrily because I'm not in labor. lol.gif

DONE.  I am done, ladies.  As a midwifery student, doula, and childbirth educator, I never thought I'd say that out loud.  I thought I'd be the patient one who sets a good example for pregnant women everywhere.  And now, all I want to do is punch everyone who is not pregnant, shake my husband and tell him that he JUST DOESN'T UNDERSTAND, and hide in a hole (and hibernate) until this baby is born.  OMG.  I'm a mess! bawling.gif

When I got to that point, it was usually a pretty good sign that labour was close. In fact, my last daughter was born within 12 hours of me having a meltdown in front of my midwives because I felt Exactly. The. Same. Way.  

I'm sleeping like crap too. I am awake so much that I actually don't even feel like I fell asleep, even though I'm having surreal dreams - so I know I've slept, but I'm never rested. 

Hope it's soon mama!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page