check in for january 8th - elvis and david bowie birthday share day! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 01-08-2012, 04:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

ok ladies, this could be it!!  ctx have been steady since before 5am....bloody show....starting to get closer together - 6-7mins apart.  heading in shortly!! wooohoooo!!!!!! :)

sending all kinds of labour vibes to those of you who are also overdue!!!  :)

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#2 of 20 Old 01-08-2012, 05:48 AM

YES, YES, YES!!!!  So happy to hear this!  Have a beautiful, amazing birth, Ladies!! joy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoscot View Post

ok ladies, this could be it!!  ctx have been steady since before 5am....bloody show....starting to get closer together - 6-7mins apart.  heading in shortly!! wooohoooo!!!!!! :)

g

Sprat sleepytime.gif, Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig reading.gif, the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, and now Sprout fly-by-nursing1.gif walking, talking, how on earth is she this big?! Rainbow.gif on earth.gif begins with homebirth.jpg.

#3 of 20 Old 01-08-2012, 05:55 AM

Go G and D!!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#4 of 20 Old 01-08-2012, 06:38 AM

Quote:

g

Yay!!  Thinking about you mamas today!!  I was in the exact same position as you with my first and I finally went into labor on my own within hours of my scheduled induction at 42 weeks.  Can't wait to hear all about your little one!!

#5 of 20 Old 01-08-2012, 06:55 AM

Quote:

g

joy.gifYay!!! sounds like that the real deal! Hope all goes well.

#6 of 20 Old 01-08-2012, 06:59 AM

i had about 2 hours of ctx that got as close as 5 mins apart last night. They were pretty intense too! I finally decided to lay down and after three or four more, I fell asleep and slept through the night (only waking up to pee once orngbiggrin.gif). So here I am...hopefully will have a nice calm morning so I can have lunch with my sisters and mom.

good vibes to everyone else thumb.gif

#7 of 20 Old 01-08-2012, 07:40 AM

very excited for you both, g!

let's have some babies today, everyone!  (just... not mine!)

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#8 of 20 Old 01-08-2012, 08:28 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Can't wait to hear the great news, g!!  Keep us posted and good luck to you and your partner!!

How's everyone else doing?  I woke up after a pretty good night of being able to go back to sleep right after each bathroom trip, but then my husband was in a foul mood (who knows why, he won't tell me) so that kind of ruined my morning and threw my hormones for a loop (crying ensued, then having to pretend I wasn't crying in front of my mom.  Not fun.)  It's a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky, so I'm going to go for a good loooooooong swim.  Everyone is telling me to get some time to myself, but it's hard between having hubby and my mom around all the time, with both of them banging out projects left and right.  I don't want to claim any special treatment, but at the same time I feel a strong need to honor my emotions during these last days of pregnancy.  Anyone else feeling this way?

Happy housewife and mom to big Z, born at home 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and happy to get back to trying!  
#9 of 20 Old 01-08-2012, 09:07 AM

Bowie & Elvis--Babies born today are bound for greatness!!

First-time momma-to-be with my amazing man. Planning a homebirth and expecting a baby girl mid-January 2012. love.gif

#10 of 20 Old 01-08-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:

g

Yay yay yay!  Oh, I have had all of my fingers and toes crossed for you two.  Best of luck to your DP and you too!

I am a huge Bowie fan and would love to have a baby today.  But, I don't think it's my day.  You know how some days you wake up and just think "this could really be the day!"?  This is like the opposite of that.

Actually, I'm in a bit of a funk today.  My 2 year old woke up in a crabby mood, my back hurts terribly, and I just... am not... feelin' it.  About anything.  :P  

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#11 of 20 Old 01-08-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montessorimama1 View Post

I feel a strong need to honor my emotions during these last days of pregnancy.  Anyone else feeling this way?

Over here, yup. My due date is in two days, I just wish I didn't even know it sometimes! This baby feels like it's not coming any time soon. I feel unsettled today and I just want to tell everyone to go away for a while and leave me alone until the baby is born. Serious pacing-wolf-in-her-den here.

g, since you've not posted since this morning I can only assume baby is maybe even here already! Can't wait for the update :)

Tomorrow morning is the full moon, let's hope it brings some more babies on out into the world!

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#12 of 20 Old 01-08-2012, 02:11 PM

I am now shooting for the world record for longest pregnancy. 

Baby is moving a lot less - not due to anything being wrong (had an NST done on Thurs), she's just running out of room!! As am I! 

Been trying to enjoy these last several days with walking and such because it's so nice, but I am dealing with Sciatica so BAD it is painful to walk or lay down! Any other mamas have it? How are you dealing with it? I've tried the stretches, tried walking it out..I can't afford chiropractic so I'm hoping I can do something here at home (other than having the baby - lol). It's really tearing me up and it's freaking my mother out.

Who, by the way, is so frustrated this baby isn't here yet. LOL. I have people asking constantly if there's any progress, if she's here yet..etc etc..NOPE! 

Anyway, good luck to all the mamas out there who are nearing labor or in labor! (: 

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#13 of 20 Old 01-08-2012, 03:32 PM

Good luck, Indigo!!!!! Can't wait to hear how your day went!!!

I had a terrible night; went to bed last night with a terrible headache right around my eyes, so I took 2 tylenol, and every time I woke up it was still there and as soon as I stood up to go pee, it felt like someone clapped my head with a two-by-four...not fun...thankfully I only got up 4 times...it finally petered out this morning, but I've felt like crap all day...ugh....

Montessorimama, I hear you about the emotions...the past couple days I've been super-emotional (which is so not me...) and I feel bad every time I start crying or anything...thankfully hubby's been awesome, albeit a little awkward (typical-man-with-a-crying-spouse), and keeps encouraging me that it's almost over, we're down to hours, etc, etc.  Tonight I'm making cinnamon buns; they make me happy :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn811 View Post

Who, by the way, is so frustrated this baby isn't here yet. LOL. I have people asking constantly if there's any progress, if she's here yet..etc etc..NOPE! 

Next time I am SO lying about my due date to EVERYBODY (some people I'd tell the actual date, to others I just said, 'early January')....my LANDLADY called last night to ask if she was here yet!!!  I want to change the message on our answering machine to something like "Thank you for calling us.  No, there is no baby.  If you are calling for another reason, please leave a message." but hubby won't let me...so I just make him answer the phone now :P

The other thing that really peeves me is when people ask: "Have you had the baby yet?" "Nope, still waiting." "Oh, well, first babies are usually a week or so late."  $@&!#!!!  If you know that then why do you bother asking?? I mean, really?!?!?!

Theatre-techie at heart, married to a theatre-techie hubby,and mama to an incredible baby girl, (h20homebirth.gifJan 14, 2012) and expecting a surprise in July 2014!  We are having a blastbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif, andfemalesling.GIF.
#14 of 20 Old 01-08-2012, 04:20 PM

Hoping Indigo's dp has had the baby or is having an easy labour. Love hearing about all the new little ones!

Tired. Just can't seem to get enough sleep, even when I stay in bed for way too long. N has gone to sleep easily the last 2 nights, though.  Really hoping it keeps up, I can't imagine trying to get him to sleep while in active labour. Just nursing him for a few minutes is crazy making enough.  My aversion to it seems to be getting worse. If I didn't know of lots of women who've had serious issues nursing while pregnant but were fine as soon as the baby is born, I'd be worrying.

Heading down to the basement after I post to try to figure out how to drain the darn pool. So frustrated. Tempted to complain to the makers of the pump, but it's not likely it would be resolved before baby comes..

No sign of baby coming,  not that I'm surprised. I don't seem to get advance warnings and I'm not expecting anything for at least 9 more days. Had a bit of a little freak out earlier today thinking baby is breech, but I'm pretty sure he/she really is head down and has been for months. Dh told someone the other day that I'm not nervous at all. Ha! Just because I'm not having panic attacks like he is doesn't mean I don't have concerns/nerves. I just don't want to freak him out any more than he already is.

Started taking EPO orally 2-3 times day & drinking RRL & nettle infusion, also 2-3 times a day. Just had my first cup and definitely getting some BH contractions.

My house is still a disaster, my birthing space still isn't sorted but at least my power cable for my video camera has turned up and dh says he knows where we have blank tapes; the one in it has some of ds3's earliest steps & his first Christmas/birthday.

I keep zoning out, so I'm going to go see what I can do with the pool before I have to make supper.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#15 of 20 Old 01-08-2012, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I specifically told EVERYONE that I was due "in January" rather than an actual date. Close relatives finally got the date out of me (my mother was about in hysterics over it). Regardless, I keep thinking about that stupid date in my mind. Luckily no one is bothering me and I don't anticipate them bothering me until well past my due date since I gave a lot of leeway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannabee View Post

Next time I am SO lying about my due date to EVERYBODY (some people I'd tell the actual date, to others I just said, 'early January')....my LANDLADY called last night to ask if she was here yet!!!  I want to change the message on our answering machine to something like "Thank you for calling us.  No, there is no baby.  If you are calling for another reason, please leave a message." but hubby won't let me...so I just make him answer the phone now :P

The other thing that really peeves me is when people ask: "Have you had the baby yet?" "Nope, still waiting." "Oh, well, first babies are usually a week or so late."  $@&!#!!!  If you know that then why do you bother asking?? I mean, really?!?!?!

My nursing aversions are getting WAY worse. I'm hoping it gets a ton better after the baby is born. I've heard of some moms continuing to have aversions to nursing the other child after the baby is born, so it makes me hopeful that you've heard of mamas who it gets better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post

Hoping Indigo's dp has had the baby or is having an easy labour. Love hearing about all the new little ones!

Tired. Just can't seem to get enough sleep, even when I stay in bed for way too long. N has gone to sleep easily the last 2 nights, though.  Really hoping it keeps up, I can't imagine trying to get him to sleep while in active labour. Just nursing him for a few minutes is crazy making enough.  My aversion to it seems to be getting worse. If I didn't know of lots of women who've had serious issues nursing while pregnant but were fine as soon as the baby is born, I'd be worrying.

AFM, I feel just so ready to be done. I've done everything on my to-do list (besides the things that I can't until after a specific day and knitting which I couldn't possible finish in time even if I knitted 24/7). My house is the cleanest it's ever been. I seriously feel like I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs. After that prodromal labor episode last week I really went into high gear for preparing. I'm only 39 weeks and 1 day, but the midwife told my husband that she "didn't anticipate me going past my due date" after checking my cervix at my 37 week appointment. Honestly, I wish she wouldn't have said anything because now I feel like I shouldn't go past my due date even though I was fully planning on going past up until then.

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#16 of 20 Old 01-08-2012, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

She is here!! Born at 130pm. 9lbs 3.3oz 22" long!!!! smile.gif

Mommy and baby are doing great and she is nursing like a champ. She is so beautiful!!!

g
biophdmom likes this.

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#17 of 20 Old 01-08-2012, 10:17 PM

Yay!!  So happy to hear it!!!  Congratulations, both of you..... enjoy your babymoon!

#18 of 20 Old 01-09-2012, 02:58 AM

Yay, G and D!!  What's her initial? :)

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#19 of 20 Old 01-09-2012, 06:15 AM

Wohoo!!!!!!  Soooo happy for you both!

Theatre-techie at heart, married to a theatre-techie hubby,and mama to an incredible baby girl, (h20homebirth.gifJan 14, 2012) and expecting a surprise in July 2014!  We are having a blastbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif, andfemalesling.GIF.
#20 of 20 Old 01-09-2012, 08:30 PM

Congratulations indigoscot! Nice healthy size girl there. 

I just had my 39 week prenatal today so I'm accepting I may be pregnant awhile longer and am just thankful baby and I are healthy and under good care. 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Wife to DH 6 yr, Mom to Mono 6/07, Mi'ha 12/09, La & Ta 1/12. Yah!

CDing, noVaxing, tandom BFing & BWing, coSleeping, minimalist in training 388/2012, mama

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page