January 9th check-in! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-09-2012, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What's going on?  How's everyone doing?  Full moon send anyone in labor?  :)

Nothing new to report here... I'm having a calm day at home, doing a little cleaning and watching old episodes of junk tv.  (Project Runway is a guilty pleasure!)  In a little while, I'm going to go for a bike ride, and then this afternoon I'll see my OB and ask her to give me a sweep.  Not feeling like today's my day, but you never know...

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 11:03 AM

Nothing really going on here... some mild backache all night last night and baby was UP. ALL. NIGHT. so not too much in the sleep department. (Even when I was dreaming I had dreams LO was kicking!)

DH woke up in a 'mood' this morning so it's pretty tense here. I think he's nesting.

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 01-09-2012, 11:22 AM

Lord, I couldn't sleep so I just got out of bed last night to sit my butt in front of the TV and watch Hoarders.  What can I say?  That show makes me feel better about my house!

Mr. Man and I have been out running errands all day - both kids needed new PJs so we hit two Goodwills, the Vet, the post office, etc.  Now I'm snacking and thinking of a nap.

At the Vet the young tech asked me how much longer I had to which I gave my typical "three weeks" and she said (and I quote!) "I can tell you're close, you look like you're going to explode."  Um, yeah, never tell a person they look like they're going to explode!  Now I feel like I should watch Willie Wonka!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
Old 01-09-2012, 12:04 PM

Insomniac here as well; ended up getting in the shower at 1:30 am for a while...a lot of times it's the only thing that can make me sleep...random nausea ever since I've been up; ginger ale, tea and crackers are my friends.  I was supposed to get a stretch and sweep this morning, but my midwife got a call from another client (who's in labour) just before I got there, so she said she'll do one tomorrow; she does not want to miss my birth! (makes me feel really good, especially as we get along so well)  She checked me though; cervix is thinner and she could easily stretch me to 5cm; she says my body is SO ready, and wouldn't be surprised if I went into labour in the next 24 hours.  She said she was really glad she didn't do a sweep, because that's probably all it would take at this point...

Theatre-techie at heart, married to a theatre-techie hubby,and mama to an incredible baby girl, (h20homebirth.gifJan 14, 2012) and expecting a surprise in July 2014!  We are having a blastbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif, andfemalesling.GIF.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Blargh!!  I had pressure waves/ctx every ten minutes that started at around 8pm last night and went on til around 2pm this afternoon.  They didn't hurt, but they felt different than my normal pressure waves, so I had no idea what was really going on.  DH and I ran errands this morning and got some breakfast, and when we got home at around 1pm, I started doing my Hypnobabies and the pressure waves spaced WAY out.  Now they're about every half hour and not as intense anymore.  Good grief, this waiting game is the worst part of pregnancy so far. lol.gif

Anyway, I sent DH out to get the movie Transformers 2, so that's what I'll be doing tonight...trying to distract myself from the fact that I'm most likely NOT in early labor.  And then tomorrow is my last day of clinicals before a big break...hopefully baby will come soon so I don't go crazy with nothing to do this week. 

Hope everyone is doing great!!  Maybe the full moon really will bring lots of babies out tonight!  Fingers crossed! love.gif

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
Old 01-09-2012, 03:59 PM

For the first time in ages, I actually got eight hours of sleep last night!! I am still in shock.  I was tired and crawled into bed with my Kindle, discovered I was actually able to get comfortable and the next think I know...I was out!

My husband came in to check on me and found me with the light on, kindle still in my hand, snoring away.  Got up a couple of times to pee, but managed to go right back to sleep.  It was heaven!!  Hoping this is the start of a new trend...I can take being pregnant a couple of more weeks if I at least get some sleep every night!!

On the other hand, no real contractions going on for the first time in awhile.  Sort of weird.  Had my NST and it took a bit longer than usual as well, but they told me everything was fine so I am trying to convince myself not to worry.  I guess baby had to run out of room to move sometime!!

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:22 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Nothing going on here either, other than feeling like a whale... Sick of drinking teas, RRL tastes like dirt. :(  Spent the morning running errands with my mom, had lunch out (mom has been spoiling me and taking me to restaurants b/c she says it'll be a looong time before I can go out again) and then I took a nice nap.  I feel so tired, I can't imagine how I'm going to have enough energy to go through labor unless it starts after I get a full night's sleep...

Come on, full moon, do your work!!  

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z (2 1/2)
m/c 07/14 and Baby EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!

Old 01-09-2012, 05:05 PM

Well ladies, I have some exciting news! 

But no baby..

I went in for my appointment today (I had one Thurs when I was sick so she wanted to see me again soon) and they ran another NST and baby was unresponsive.I also couldn't tell her last time I felt her or how many times I've felt her recently. My MW said "don't panic..she's probably just sleeping or something." So she pokes around, gives me juice and tries the NST again, nothing.

So she sends me to the other office ASAP where the MW who does ultrasounds is (I'm familiar with her as I have regular appointments with them all) for a biophysical profile ultrasound. Of course at this point I'M stressed out. She starts the ultrasound, my fluid is really good, baby's heartbeat is awesome, so is her breathing. MW pokes around my belly and baby apparently gets the message at this point and reaches her clenched fist up and opens it up so all her fingers can be seen. She also moves her head around a lot! The MW laughed and said I have a very cooperative baby - go figure. 

Baby sends me another thousand dollars in debt all because she didn't want to wake up. 

BUT on the plus side, baby is healthy, and is for sure a girl (thank GOD), and was roughly estimated to weight a whopping 8.5LBS. She says "you're tall, don't worry, it'll all be fine" easy for her to say! All I can think is "I have to push THAT size head out!?" Eek gads. She's running out of room in there! I'm a "tight 2" cms dilated and still 80% effaced. EVERYONE is getting antsy and frustrated that she's still not here yet. Oy. 

I'm still sick as a dog with this cold and haven't had any contractions for several days now. Still firmly convinced I'll be pregnant forever. 

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

Old 01-09-2012, 06:38 PM

wow, i hope some of you are in labor tonight!  hannahbee and wombjuice, you've gotta be right on the cusp, dontcha think?  mwerika, anything happening there with you?  devaskyla, were you able to get the pump and drain working on your tub?  angela, i'm glad you survived that crashing light drama- who knew zumba could be so dangerous?  ;)  kaitlyn, i'm glad the baby is fine (and 8.5 isn't too big- don't worry!  you can do it!)... chili, i'm glad you got some sleep.  you've had a rough go of it lately!  demoonunit, i believe we were promised nursery pictures!  Sheepish.gif

little to report on this end.  really busy, trying to take care of stuff.  reality is setting in, that i might actually give birth sometime soon.

at the same time, i had a bit of a breakdown with DH yesterday.  i feel so comfortable right now.  don't hate.  it has started to make me worried that something's wrong, because i really and truly feel just fine.  short-winded, but that's it.  i had a lot more uncomfortable first trimester than my third trimester is shaping up to be, and for some reason, that makes me anxious.  i feel like i'm carrying smaller than usual, which makes me freak out about the baby, but DH reminded me that i always carry small (and my last kid was almost 9lbs), and that pregnancy is usually really comfortable for me.  i don't know.  hormones got the better of me, i think.  i probably have a few more weeks to start feeling really miserable, don't worry.wink1.gif  hopefully, i was just worrying for worrying's sake.  it's one of my better talents in life.

back to my to-do list; eager to hear who the full moon brings out tonight.  enjoy the movie, wombjuice!  i hope tonight is the night!

thinking of you guys...

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 01-09-2012, 08:18 PM

Well, I did some baby delivering today.....3 pomeranians.  He He.  (Sorry, you are probably all tired of my work stories).  Nothing new here today for me.  See the chiro tomorrow and then my son and I are going on a mini road trip to visit a dear friend.  Baby better stay put while we're traveling!  I'm definitely in a rapidly expanding belly phase (like I did with DS1).  I thought we weren't supposed to get too much bigger at this point, but my belly is further out and lower everyday!  Everyone is commenting on how I get bigger and bigger daily.  I've had to struggle to get my pants pulled up yesterday and today and the waist band is so uncomfortable in front now.  My shirts are shorter and shorter and very few actually cover all the way under the bottom of my belly.  Oh well.

Hope some of you ladies are going to go outside tonight and do some sort of full moon baby dance! 

Old 01-09-2012, 08:26 PM

+4 today ...she doesn't seem the least bit interested in coming out. I wish I could make things less comfortable for her!

I have bad SPD, so, it hurts to walk and get out of bed. I just want her here! Nothing works.

Sorry for the vent.

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk

NishaG momsling.GIF - Wife to Big K for 20 years - Mama to KJ and KC, and our 1st baby girl, KS, born 1/20/12 familybed1.gif diaper.gif!

Old 01-09-2012, 08:42 PM

Update... I think baby is now trying to kick its way out. It's SUPER engaged now (yay) and I'm feeling pressure in the right place near my cervix, but HOLY MOLY is this kid ever active right now, pressing against my cervix with all its might as near as I can tell! MW says things look really ready, I'm doing some castor oil packs and EPO tonight to hopefully help things along per her suggestion. Skipping the RRL tea, all it does is give me five minute-long braxton-hicks and although the baby seems quite resilient, that's a long contraction to sit through for all. We've decided, if I go to 41+3, to talk about dong a gel induction soon after, so I hope it doesn't come to that.

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 01-09-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montessorimama1 View Post

Nothing going on here either, other than feeling like a whale... Sick of drinking teas, RRL tastes like dirt. :(  Spent the morning running errands with my mom, had lunch out (mom has been spoiling me and taking me to restaurants b/c she says it'll be a looong time before I can go out again) and then I took a nice nap.  I feel so tired, I can't imagine how I'm going to have enough energy to go through labor unless it starts after I get a full night's sleep...

Come on, full moon, do your work!!  

It's easy to go out with a newborn, just stick them on the boob! :-P Toddlers are much more difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn811 View Post

BUT on the plus side, baby is healthy, and is for sure a girl (thank GOD), and was roughly estimated to weight a whopping 8.5LBS. She says "you're tall, don't worry, it'll all be fine" easy for her to say! All I can think is "I have to push THAT size head out!?" Eek gads. She's running out of room in there! I'm a "tight 2" cms dilated and still 80% effaced. EVERYONE is getting antsy and frustrated that she's still not here yet. Oy. 

I'm still sick as a dog with this cold and haven't had any contractions for several days now. Still firmly convinced I'll be pregnant forever. 

Keep in mind that ultrasounds can vary 2 lbs either direction. A friend of mine recently was told that she should just schedule a c-section because her baby was going to be 9.5 lbs and she ended up with an entirely normal 7.5 lb baby (delivered vaginally, thank goodness she didn't take that advice!).

AFM, took the dog to the vet, got the dog's license, met with a lawyer about trying to get out of a stupid gym contract, tried to take a nap with DD (which didn't work), and cleaned house a bit. I feel like I'm cleaning the same things over and over. I seriously don't think I could be any more prepared for this baby and I don't think (s)he is coming any time soon.

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

Old 01-09-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
BUT on the plus side, baby is healthy, and is for sure a girl (thank GOD), and was roughly estimated to weight a whopping 8.5LBS. She says "you're tall, don't worry, it'll all be fine" easy for her to say! All I can think is "I have to push THAT size head out!?" Eek gads.

First off, I agree with a previous poster that those ultrasounds can be off.

As someone who just pushed out a 10lb, 7ouncer, with nothing but a skid mark to show for it, you CAN do this.

I'm REALLY glad nobody told me how big she was BEFORE I tried to push her out, or I would have been terrified too.  I was the only one guessing that she would be bigger than my first (who was 9 pounds...the others were 8 and change); I certainly didn't think she was THAT big...none of us did.

I screamed my way through the pushing, it took a midwife dislodging the back shoulder to get her completely out, and I said over and over that I couldn't do it, but I COULD and I DID, and so can you!!  :)

energy.gifDD 06/05, angel3.gif DD 02/07, bouncy.gif DS 02/08, babygirl.gif DD 01/12

Old 01-09-2012, 11:24 PM

Whoa, full moon power... my water just broke about 1/2 an hour ago and contractions are s-l-o-w-l-y starting...  We'll meet our baby soon I am thinking (I'm GBS+ so probably if nothing progresses by morning we are looking at helping things along)

a friend of mine emailed me this poem around the time I called the midwives to let them know what was up... I'm passing it along to all you mamas because this friend clearly had some serious intention going on. I can't wait to tell her she's apparently totally psychic ;)

The full moon is lovely and round.

She turns, sighs and

Release.

Emptying, her light pools in the water and

Rests, on the earth.

Surrender!

She turns her back

Tunes in to her own magic

Then,

Return!

Old 01-09-2012, 11:36 PM

yay cedarwoman!!  Sending good vibes and wishes for a quick labor and healthy baby your way!!  Keep us updated.

p.s. I am SOOO jealous!!

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:45 PM

woot!  go cedar, go!  we're all cheering you on!  i'm so excited for you!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 01-10-2012, 08:22 AM

Cedar how AWESOME!!!!!!  I'm SOO excited for you!!! a bit jealous, I must admit, but mostly excited!!!!!  WOOT! Can't wait to hear about/see little cedar!!

Theatre-techie at heart, married to a theatre-techie hubby,and mama to an incredible baby girl, (h20homebirth.gifJan 14, 2012) and expecting a surprise in July 2014!  We are having a blastbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif, andfemalesling.GIF.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Yay cedar... I hope everything is going well!!

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

Old 01-10-2012, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Cedarwoman, how exciting! I'm hoping this is it and you are holding your babe now!

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

Old 01-10-2012, 07:02 PM

Yah Cedarwoman. Your in the homestretch!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Wife to DH 6 yr, Mom to Mono 6/07, Mi'ha 12/09, La & Ta 1/12. Yah!

CDing, noVaxing, tandom BFing & BWing, coSleeping, minimalist in training 388/2012, mama

User Tag List