January 12 Check-In - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-12-2012, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Gooood morning ladies!!  How are things going for you?  Any plans for the weekend?  What project are you working on that you absolutely MUST finish before baby comes?

I put on my headphones and danced up and down the street yesterday... People must've thought I was mad but at this point, whatever works!!!  Today's my due date based on ovulation, aaaaand... nothing.  My to-do list is whittling down to almost nothing, but there's this pesky website assignment I have to finish, which is proving to be much more time-consuming than I anticipated.

Hope everyone is gearing up for a baby-popping weekend!!

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z (2 1/2)
m/c 07/14 and Baby EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2012, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

*rubs eyes* I'm here, I'm here.

I'm feeling odd today. Every two hours or so I was waking up, and I just feel 'odd' today. Having some irritations that feel like period cramps..I assume those are contractions? Not getting my hopes up though..but today does really just feel odd. I'm also feeling incredibly guilty for wanting to just lay in bed, sleep, and lounge all day. And I thought I was so ready to have a baby..now that things are feeling 'strange' I'm getting really apprehensive..oy.

I just ate a bowl of cereal with milk, and I'm still hungry. Is that normal?

I'm still looking for a used dresser for baby's room. I can't afford new - at all. I found one yesterday I loved - seriously loved - and it sold. I was really upset about it. But on the plus side, I have a breast pump and am buying a used nursing bra today (I don't ever pay retail - let's be honest here lol) and have no problem with used..clean it well and that's it (:

I'm probably gonna putt around the house here today since I'm feeling funky, but if the 'funkiness' stops I'll probably venture to go see my gramma and hang out with her.

Where's cedar?? Everyone is dropping off!

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

Old 01-12-2012, 08:35 AM

I miss cedar too!!  She's probably just busy with baby, but I still worry a bit...

Had a terrible day yesterday; was all crampy and everything after my sweep, and then I tried to have a nap and was too uncomfortable so I got in the shower (around 3pm) and when I got out, everything had stopped.  Like, just totally stopped.  I cried for the rest of the day, and woke up in a bit of a funk this morning...yay...gloomy.gif

Even though I know all this prodromal/prelabour whatever is doing something, it's been going on for over two weeks and I'm so tired of feeling like crap and not wanting to go out anywhere (and today we're heading into a huge snowstorm so I'm REALLY not going anywhere) and I just wanna have this baby already!  We have only one week left where we're cleared for a homebirth; if she doesn't show up by next Thursday I'll be strongly advised to have her at the hospital, in case of complications....and that's the last place I wanna have the baby...and of course all the stressing out probably doesn't help *sigh*...

I have hardly anything on my to-do list either...I finished work over a month ago (partly just-in-case she came early, and partly because it was getting way too painful with my hip issues) and I half-expected her to come early, plus I like being prepared so the only things I really have left to do are finish knitting a baby blanket for her, for my niece, and for another friend who's due in March...but with my hands swelling, I can only knit a couple rows before I have to take a break for ten minutes or so...it's just so frustrating....

I guess it's my turn to be the debbie-downer today :P   ....sorry everybody, but thanks for letting me vent a bit....

Theatre-techie at heart, married to a theatre-techie hubby,and mama to an incredible baby girl, (h20homebirth.gifJan 14, 2012) and expecting a surprise in July 2014!  We are having a blastbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif, andfemalesling.GIF.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:51 AM

kaitlyn, i wouldn't be surprised if you're having early-early labor.  your body wants to rest to save strength, and to eat lots of food to gear-up for the work ahead.  so just don't think about it now!  winky.gif

and hannabee, i really hope that things kick into gear for real, soon.  it sounds like your body has been getting ready for a long time now!  i hope it's a quick and easy labor for you!  orngbiggrin.gif

pilar, i make a total FOOL of myself on the treadmill, when i have pandora on with my earbuds.  i will only dance when i am alone- you are a brave woman to get your groove on in the out-of-doors!

my to-do list is still going strong, but i think i still have time.  biggest project is finishing a piece for my website.  baby-wise, i feel like stuff is pretty manageable, though i also need to pick up some nursing bras.  i've been wearing the same ones for years now, and they're threadbare.  blush.gif

i stayed up WAY too late last night, and i'm totally dragging today.  we got a few inches of snow last night, but it shouldn't keep me from my MW appt this afternoon.

demoonunit, are things any better?  wombjuice, you still hangin' in?  nisha?  cedar?  how are you feeling today, chili?  anything exciting happening with you today, angela?  devaskyla, i'm really sorry that you aren't coming up with a pump- i wish i could help you!  but i'm glad you're feeling a bit better!

i agree- so many people have totally disappeared lately.  my mind is filled with thoughts of so many mamas.  i hope they're ok, just bonding with their new little ones.  it's going to be awfully quiet around here by the time us end-of-the-monthers are due.

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 01-12-2012, 09:11 AM

I'm here.  It snowed last night so my husband couldn't go to work until later today (major accident on the highway he takes), but my girl still had bus pick-up.  I've cleaned and scrubbed the whole top floor of the house.  Go me!  This afternoon is the basement (playroom and storage).  Screw the main level!

Girl scout meeting this afternoon to gear up for cookie sales.  I can.not.wait. to have cookies in the house!!

I couldn't sleep last night and was up for hours screwing around online instead of doing actual work.  Oh well.  Maybe a nap before the meeting...

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
Old 01-12-2012, 09:46 AM

Baby is still on the inside...shouldn't complain as we are both healthy and I'm not "due" until the 19th, but all this prodromal labor is getting a little old. DS hasn't been sleeping well, so neither have I...been having way strange labor/birth/nursing dreams. Last night I had peas and carrots coming out of my nipples in one dream and birthed baby on the back stoop in another!

Going for a walk with DS to pick up a pineapple and some EPO.

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy day :D

Old 01-12-2012, 10:15 AM

I'm here.  Kinda bumming that it's looking like I won't get a second Friday the 13th baby, but what can you do?  shrug.gif  I've got a chiro appointment at lunch, to see how bad the hit-and-run that I was involved in a couple days ago screwed up my back.  I'll just be happy to not get shooting pains up my back at random moments.  Maybe the adjustment will start something, but I'm not really expecting much.

I finished my final baby knitting project last night, so that was nice to cross off my list.  Was also nice to realize how "ready" we are (compared to a month ago), when my sister asked if she could help with anything and I didn't have anything to do (other than the continuous cleaning of the house, as it never seems to stay as clean as I want it to be).

Other than that...just working and waiting.  And hoping I don't go into labor on a bad snow day...  It took my DH 2 hours (typically 20 mins) to get to work yesterday.  If we had to travel to the birth center in that storm, I probably would've ended up having a car baby.  Or just stayed home and had her in my tub.

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

Old 01-12-2012, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Montessorimama, I'm glad that you got your groove on! Sounds like you are in a good and relaxed place (that makes one of us, lol).

Kaitlyn, I don't think I got a chance to say this on the other thread, but WAY TO GO!!! for passing your exam!!  You are an inspirational mama!

I hope cedar is at home and healthy with her LO now...

AfricanQueen, seriously I would gain another 10 lbs before this baby comes if I had a  house full of Girl Scout Cookies.

I'm really glad to read from you mamas that I am not the only one in a funk.  It's hard being irrationally crabby, when you know it is irrational.  I'm feeling a little better mentally and emotionally than before, no recent days of hysterical crying.  I am hoping that the personal issues I am having will stay out of my space for the next few weeks and just allow me to have peace so that I can bring this baby into the world sooner than later.  Like Kaitlyn, I'm mostly feeling lazy and hungry.  Where is this "nesting instinct" dangit, I need to clean!  I really feel like there is not a whole lot going on in my body, which is sad because a week ago (before the extreme crying fits) I felt like I was headed somewhere.  Have a 38 week MW appointment today, hopefully she has some ideas to get things moving again...

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

Old 01-12-2012, 11:06 AM

I rarely ever post here mostly just lurk but ....my edd is jan 31st but I am a high risk pregnancy for many reasons this time ugh and I may be having the baby in a few days depending on what happens tomorrow with the high risk ob so if it happens I'll be about 38 weeks when it does. I have a blood clotting disorder which can cause m/c and still birth  and I have been having passing out episodes with extreme weakness and fatigue been on bed rest for about 3 weeks and was scheduled for an induction on the 24th but may need to do it sooner so thats what friday is all about. Went by ambulance to the hospital the other night for passing out episode in the store. There is a bit more but I just dont have time to elaborate, what was a pretty much hands off pregnancy is not anymore but thats ok this is my 6th baby and I was always on the higher risk side from my genetic blood disorder anyway. I always have vaginal births and they are lightening fast...so not too worried about that aspect. Having contrax here and there normal stuff for the "end" . Feel awful severe fatigue/weakness whole nine yards... Congrats to everyone who had their babies I've been reading everyones stories etc for pretty much the whole pregnancy.

Jess mom to 5!!! 3 boys 2 girls and another girl on the way edd jan 31st! I have a Disabled veteran husband
breastfeeding,cosleeping, non vax,no circ,and nature loving family!

Old 01-12-2012, 02:17 PM

I've been feeling really worn out and insecure. All I want is my dh home with me today and last night, but he's got a few work obligations this afternoon and evening. So it's me and the kids. I really want to clean the crud out of this house. I hate the mess and can't stand the prospect of having a newborn here and guests etc. But I know I'll wear myself out in about an hour and accomplish hardly anything, so do I try anyway or give up before I start?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Wife to DH 6 yr, Mom to Mono 6/07, Mi'ha 12/09, La & Ta 1/12. Yah!

CDing, noVaxing, tandom BFing & BWing, coSleeping, minimalist in training 388/2012, mama
Old 01-12-2012, 02:34 PM

Hannabee, big hugs... as another person who has been stuck in prodromal labor for what feels like forever, I feel for you.

I'm in a weird way today as well.  I woke up at 1:30 a.m. for no reason at all that I could ascertain... just suddenly BAM, totally awake.  And though this means I only slept maybe 2 hours last night, I still feel totally normal and energetic today.  More energetic than I'd expect to be.  

Had a great morning just relaxing a bit, drinking coffee and knitting downtown, then visiting with my friend who will be my doula again.  I walked home from that (it's about a 30 minute walk, up hills) and got some craaaaazy contractions going, but they're much mellower now-- am sure it's just more prodromal stuff, yaaaay.  

Overall, I am SO bored of being at home even though I've only been on leave for a week.  Everything's done in my house, including some BIG reorganization projects that I've had on my to-do list for months.  I've been inventing new things for my to-do list but am just getting things done faster than I can think them up.

I lost a HUGE chunk of mucus plug this morning after losing little strands for a couple of days... again, I know it doesn't mean I'm going into labor any time soon but I was glad to see my body doing something vaguely labor related.

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

Old 01-12-2012, 05:52 PM

Sorry for everyone stuck in prodromal land or having medical issues. :( I'm just the normal huge & awkward with barely being able to walk.

I want sooo much to get up to the mall and get a couple things. I really want to make myself one of these http://www.thingamababy.com/baby/2010/01/breastnest.html before the baby gets here. I was going to with N, then never got around to it because of making diapers/wipes and wound up just giving up on the idea. If I could afford it, I'd just order one, but it will never even remotely get here in time coming all the way from Australia. Going to go through my supplies and see if by any chance I have something I can use to make it.

I've got a few clothes & diapers/covers put away, which is nice. Need to get to the basement and do a load of laundry, plus finish sorting out my birthing space & getting everything organized so I don't have to disturb dh if I don't feel like it. Not sure I can manage to fill the pool by myself, unfortunately, since it requires going up and down the basement stairs (or scares as we like to call them) a few times. But, we shall see. I managed to get the pool set up all by myself with ds3 while in active labour (it was already blown up, but I had to put padding under it and roll it from the bedroom to the living room)

Really kind of dull here right now. Just...waiting.

Oh, I know at least one of our missing ladies had her baby because we talk on Twitter. Not sure when she'll be back to update.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Old 01-12-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post

Oh, I know at least one of our missing ladies had her baby because we talk on Twitter. Not sure when she'll be back to update.

i wonder who it could be!

today ended up being fine here.  my appt went well.  afterward, i struck out to the mall, to try and make a few returns of things i've picked up lately, which aren't going to work for me.  i should preface this by saying that i HATE HATE HATE malls, and i go maybe once every 2 years.  when i was pregnant with DS2, my water broke in the middle of a mall, kick-starting a super fast labor.  since then, i have this strange association with malls and labor.  towards the end of my last pregnancy, i took a trip to the mall and experienced some crazy contractions.  thus far in this pregnancy, my uterus has been absolutely quiet, but today, in the mall, i started to get painful contractions.  darndest thing!  and totally not in my head.  i walk a ton- a few hours every night, and i'm on my feet all day.  nada.  set me in a mall, and bam- uterine action.  gotta remember that if i need to get labor started.  ;)

i spent a few glorious hours alone, running errands.  most of them unsuccessful.  but i'm still in a good mood.  :)

have a nice night, everyone!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 01-12-2012, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Where is wombjuice???!  I know we're missing a few more too... sending happy labor vibes to our missing mamas!

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

Old 01-12-2012, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Devaskyla...I checked out the link and could not stop laughing. I didn't even know those existed.  As a fellow big breasted woman, I have never even thought about that as a challenge with breastfeeding. Plus, I learned a new phrase...'the under the butt nut hut.'  ROTFLMAO.gifMy husband is now teasing me because I had never heard of it before.  Thanks for the laugh :o)

Since I had no other cleaning to do today, I gutted my car of everything and thoroughly cleaned it.  Then got out the infant car seat and installed it.  I feel very accomplished...the car was a mess!!

There is something so nice about clean things...

Nothing going on here.  Random BH. Random back pain. Constant peeing.  Yay pregnancy!

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:43 PM

Thanks Element (:

My MW's office called today and they want me to go in for another NST before the weekend. That makes me nervous :/ I didn't ask why..all I can do now is dwell on the fact that all these appointments are costing me A LOT of money. I'm going to be in debt forever...crap.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

That stinks Kaitlyn.  The past few weeks I have had to go for NST's on Mondays and Fridays and BPP on Wednesdays.  I have to keep doing that until LO arrives.

Okay mommies, weird question here:  I have been so constipated this whole darn pregnancy and all of a sudden today, I am having bowel movements like crazy!  I am drinking more than enough water and have not had anything different or fiber rich than usual.  I think I have went about 5 times today.  Insane.  Its normal consistency, not diarrhea.  I know I have heard loose bowels are a possible sign of labor... is an excess of bowel movements in general a sign? 

We're having a damned snow storm tonight, so tonight is the ONE night I actually hope he sort of makes himself comfortable!

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:04 PM

It does strink ): I have no insurance at all..I'm hoping to meet with a financial counselor after all is said and done and hopefully settling on a cash balance and pay it off. We'll see I suppose...

to answer your quetsion, yes that's normal. (: From what I've read it's your body clearing it's system for labor..so it can be an early sign. As far as I'm aware..it doesn't have to be diarrhea.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:17 PM

I'm here. 41 weeks today. My first late baby and first girl. I keep telling her to come out. Friends and family are driving me crazy!

I've had prodromal labor off and on for a month. My midwife I'd coming Saturday for my first NST. We will discuss options then.

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk

NishaG momsling.GIF - Wife to Big K for 20 years - Mama to KJ and KC, and our 1st baby girl, KS, born 1/20/12 familybed1.gif diaper.gif!

Old 01-12-2012, 08:15 PM

Hi ladies!  Last night after I finished the diaper bag (yay!) I had menstral type cramps when I was going to bed but other than that nothing is new.  Busy day for me today.  Had MW appt where she mentioned induction for the 1st time.  I'm only 38+5 but since I went to 42 weeks last time it's a good possibility I'll go way over again.  Apparently the hospital birth center we're delivering at won't let you go over 42 weeks, and also won't induce on the weekend, so if I get that close I'll get induced at 41+5 or +6.  I know it's just one day but I still think it's stupid.  Why won't they let me just go until the following Monday?  What if I just didn't show up??  Anyway, we'll deal with it if we get there.  It just annoys me!  I ran a few errands after the appt then went to work.  I wore all black to work to camouflage how huge my belly is getting....it used to work but apparently not anymore.  Waddle Waddle Waddle.

Chili - I think the change in BMs could definitely mean you're getting close.  Yay!  My midwife mentioned that that is often one of the first signs.  It reflects a change in your hormones from progesterone (which has caused the constipation) and maintained pregnancy to estrogen which initiates labor and the end of pregnancy.....if I'm remembering my physiology correctly.

HCM - Yup, it just might be you and me on here at the end of the month!

Montessori - dance a bit for me!  I won't even dance in my house...alone...unless I've had a lot to drink.  He he.

Hannabee - I stopped working on my due date last time (my boss made me) and it made the last 2 weeks DRAGGGGG.  I know how you are feeling!

AfricanQueen - nothing sounds better to me than girl scout cookies right now!

Kaitlyn - hope your NST is OK tomorrow.  If there were something they were really worried about I'd think they'd say something, right?  Will think good thoughts for you tomorrow.  Also, see if you have a local freecycle group.  It's a yahoo group where people post stuff for free that they want to get rid of.  I get tons of awesome stuff off there.  I got the baby's dresser from there.  I see TONS of baby stuff.  It's great!

Coldandsleepy - I think you are getting really close too!  Isn't an energy burst sometimes a sign? 

Cedar?  Wombjuice?   We miss you.  Hope all is well and you're just focused on your new little ones!

Have a good night everyone!  Chat with you tomorrow!

Old 01-13-2012, 12:00 AM

Kaitlyn, do YOU think you need an NST? Because you have every right to tell them to piss off. Even more so as you're having to pay for everything. Same goes for anything else anyone decides you "need". It's one thing if you're concerned, but don't let them push you into things you don't want/can't afford. You have the right o say no. Same goes for inductions, exams, etc, etc. Most of them HATE it and are really good at manipulating people into things, but you have the right to refuse.

Chili...glad you were amused. :) I am just so tired of having to hold my breast, all feeding, every feeding for years.It's beyond old at this point. As for your question, I think it's just one of those variations of normal. I've been having something similar ever since I started taking EPO several times a day.

juneboymom You wouldn't be the first to not show up. Or call to reschedule because you can't get child care or whatever other excuse you want to use.. These arbitrary time limits some of you ladies are dealing with make me crazy. There's no reason for them. Even the frequently idiotic ACOG says after 42 [i]completed[/i] weeks aka 43 weeks.

HCM that's so weird about you & malls. I *really* wish I had a car or a ride so I could get up to the mall (it's only about 4 blocks, but I can't even walk that far now) to get a few things I'm missing; peri bottle, non toxic ink pad for baby prints & the couple sewing things I'm missing to make the booster thingy. Oh well, guess I'll make do.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Old 01-13-2012, 06:46 AM

I do want the reassurance of knowing she's ok - I would hope they wouldn't steer me in the wrong direction for financial gain (lmbo..yeah I know how naive that sounds). It concerns me they want me to come in for another NST when on Monday after my ultrasound things sounded like they were fine? Maybe my midwife is just a little worried. I have declined things in the past, I also didn't see a provider until 16 weeks. I didn't feel the need to. After this NST, however, I'm declining future ones. As well as any ultrasounds, etc etc. Unless I feel something is wrong too.

User Tag List