january 15 check-in - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 01-15-2012, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

we're about halfway done with january!  i wonder how many of us are left- do you think it's close to half?  feels like fewer than that these days!

we're heading to a family party up in massachusetts this afternoon.  i'm not looking forward to all of the drama.  ("what if you go into labor here?!"  "you should sit down!"  "don't pick that up!  it's much too heavy for you!")  but i am looking forward to getting out of the house, i suppose.

it was 2F degrees this morning, with windchills in the negative teens.  brrr!  sorry, chickens!

well, back to the dwindling to-do list.  i hope i can stop adding stuff to it, long enough to spend some time simply enjoying these days.  i tend to live by "doing" things.

i hope everyone has a good sunday!  let's get some babies out, huh?

and for more conversation, what's your favorite thing to eat these days?  i'm still shoveling in yogurt (though enjoying it less, i confess).  still like fruit.  oatmeal's good.  anyway, what about you?

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#2 of 23 Old 01-15-2012, 07:49 AM

We are going to the RV Show today so our kids can run around and be goofy since its so stinking cold.  We figure they'll like looking at "houses" and pretending where to live in the space.  Then we are going to an old candy/soda shoppe for lunch.  I was thinking about having them henna me tonight...we shall see. :)

My favorite thing to eat = these whoopie pies my old man got me for Christmas.  Shipped from Maine and taking up valuable freezer space.  The only way to make more space is to eat them!  Right?

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#3 of 23 Old 01-15-2012, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Still here, 11 days to go. Yep me too, i am loving yogurt!

#4 of 23 Old 01-15-2012, 08:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I don't really have anything favorite to eat now days. Usually protein bars because they go down pretty easily. I do a smoothie everyday made up of greek yogurt, 2% milk, and a bit of fruit. That is mostly about just getting something in. This pregnancy I have struggled a lot with hyperemesis, stress, and lack of weight gain (started at 142 and am weighing in now at 145). Chicken wings often end up sounding really great, but then I eat 2 and am done with them. So, lots of soft foods that are easy on the tummy. 

Right now I am cooking up brunch. We will have english muffins toasted with cheese, eggs, and turkey bacon. I am just waiting for my husband and daughter to get back from the store with some eggs :)

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#5 of 23 Old 01-15-2012, 09:43 AM

Today's my due date and thankfully I'm still preggo. Got a little panicky last night because I had menstrual-like cramps all day and finally started to feel like baby is gearing up to come out. I've been thinking she's gonna be late for a while now, so having feelings like it was right around the bend caught me off-guard. This morning though I'm not feeling any cramps or discomfort, so I'm back to thinking she's not arriving any time too soon. But then again, you never do know with these things! Feeling much better from the beginning of the week. Mondays & Tuesdays are hard for me because my honey works 12 hour shifts both days, so I don't get to see him, and when I don't have anybody around for so long, I get caught up in my own thoughts.

Finally finished baby's room yesterday, so I'm super gitty about that! We also erected the birthing pool last night, and I have everything squared away that needs to be set up for birth-day. Now I'm just gonna relax and work on cleaning the house a bit. Going to buy a new camera tomorrow as well. I'm just hoping that to not go into labor until at least the 20th because I have a really important appointment on the 19th that I can't reschedule! Eep!

First-time momma-to-be with my amazing man. Planning a homebirth and expecting a baby girl mid-January 2012. love.gif

#6 of 23 Old 01-15-2012, 11:13 AM

For the first time this whole pregnancy, I actually have an appetite, and I am eating nearly anything that I come in contact with.  Unfortunately, my nausea has returned with a fierceness as well..I don't actually get sick though UNTIL I start eating, so I just have to remember to take my zofran before I eat anything (which usually isn't happening because I am SOOOO hungry, SOOO quick).

Had contractions about an hour or so apart ALL last night.  I managed to fall asleep again each time, only to woke up a little later.  Nothing came of it though...sort of disappointing.

Nothing much going around here.  It is about 15degrees here, and my son is begging me to take him out sledding.  I am going to sucker his uncle in to taking him when I go to work tonight.  Was hoping I'd go into labor so I would have a good excuse to call in tonight !! twins.gif

Then again, maybe all the moving at work will get something going.  My hubby has the next two days off of work, so this would be an excellent time for LO to make his debut.

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#7 of 23 Old 01-15-2012, 11:56 AM

Oh, food.  My interest in food has been dwindling since December.  It's really totally gone over the past few days.  I made pancakes with ginger baked pears for breakfast for my husband and son... then ate two plain pancakes and called it quits.  Not like me at all.  All I really want to ingest is coffee, but of course, that's a maximum once a day treat...

Nothing's going on with my uterus this morning but I'm still feeling like something *could* happen soon.  Very different mood than I've been in.  We'll see.  It would be nice to have something happen before Tuesday morning-- I have an OB appointment then and think my doctor is going to want to start talking about having an NST/BPP, which I feel like will be the first step towards talking about induction.  It wouldn't be the end of my world to be induced, but I *really* want to save it for 42+ weeks this time and give my body a chance to do it on its own.

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#8 of 23 Old 01-15-2012, 12:42 PM

Here's what I was up to yesterday!!

Was in early labor by 9pm on Friday, but I didn't believe I was until the middle of the night.  Hit active labor at 6am, started pushing at 2:30ish, and she was born at home, in the water, at 3:07pm yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8lbs, 2oz, 21 inches long, mommy had a tear so minor it wasn't worth suturing.

I still can't believe I did it!!

DSC00445.JPG

Theatre-techie at heart, married to a theatre-techie hubby,and mama to an incredible baby girl, (h20homebirth.gifJan 14, 2012) and expecting a surprise in July 2014!  We are having a blastbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif, andfemalesling.GIF.
#9 of 23 Old 01-15-2012, 12:46 PM

Oh my goodness this photo made me cry!!! Absolutely breathtaking!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannabee View Post

Here's what I was up to yesterday!!

Was in early labor by 9pm on Friday, but I didn't believe I was until the middle of the night.  Hit active labor at 6am, started pushing at 2:30ish, and she was born at home, in the water, at 3:07pm yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8lbs, 2oz, 21 inches long, mommy had a tear so minor it wasn't worth suturing.

I still can't believe I did it!!

DSC00445.JPG

First-time momma-to-be with my amazing man. Planning a homebirth and expecting a baby girl mid-January 2012. love.gif

#10 of 23 Old 01-15-2012, 12:54 PM

YAY hannabee!  Congrats!!

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#11 of 23 Old 01-15-2012, 01:08 PM

Beautiful! Wonderful! Congratulations!!!

Mama to DD born 1/28/12, and baby #2 on the way in January '14!

#12 of 23 Old 01-15-2012, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Hannabee, how awesome!!  Your little one is so gorgeous, congratulations!!

Happy housewife and mom to big Z, born at home 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and happy to get back to trying!  
#13 of 23 Old 01-15-2012, 01:32 PM

Hannabee, what a truly beautiful picture! Way to go mama and welcome to the world little one!joy.gif

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#14 of 23 Old 01-15-2012, 02:08 PM

Congratulations!! Awesome picture.

Well, I've been having really mild contractions, really spread out, since about 6 this morning. I still don't think anything is really going to happen for a few more days, but this is the first pregnancy I've had anything happening without my water having broken first, so who knows what's going on.

We're going to test the video camera with the lighting set up we have in the basement today and I think I'm going to stick the hose in the pool. Just in case. If I could keep the cat from opening the door & getting downstairs, I'd bring the other end upstairs to have it ready to connect.

My belly cast turned out really nice. http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/devaskyla/AjEx4fQCMAE-4GI.jpg The one on the left is from ds3.

I've been eating fried egg sandwiches every night, although I wouldn't say I'm enjoying eating them, since I'm not a huge fan of eggs. It seems to help with my pelvic issues a bit, though. I've been really craving chocolate lately, which is annoying. We broke into the box of Halloween candy we didn't give out a couple days ago.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#15 of 23 Old 01-15-2012, 02:24 PM

Yay, Hannabee!!  I'm so happy for you!  It is the best on-top-of-the-world feeling ever, isn't it? Enjoy your babymoon!

As for me, baby might finally be on the way!  I started having some contractions and pelvic pressure last night... and this morning, more contractions and I'm losing my mucus plug!  I'm due in 4 days but my son was 2 weeks late.... so I never expected for things to get going this early.  I called my midwife and she suggested I rest because with she thinks labor might pick up tonight.  My husband and son went out to get ingredients for a chocolate birthday cake for the baby's arrival and I'm supposed be resting.... I'm a bit too anxious and excited though, even as aware as I am that it still may be a few days.  I was just so geared up for a baby at the end of the month that I'm really excited that it may ONLY be a few days!

.... and, it's snowing here as I speak!  I'm in western Oregon and it is such a rare and beautiful treat when it snows!  So much excitement!

Good luck to all the mamas with babies so very close!

#16 of 23 Old 01-15-2012, 02:37 PM

Awe, heck, hannabee congrats! Such a precious picture - looking forward to the birth story!

I'm still here..and NOTHING is happening. I've been losing mucous plug for weeks and irregular contractions. My mother can't believe how different my pregnancy is compared to the one's she experienced.

With each passing day I get more and more worried I'm going to have an induction. ): I read yesterday that past 42 weeks the risk of having a stillborn doubles? I don't know..I'm scared now that all my pregnancies after this will be just as stressful/delayed/what have you. Growing fears..drats!

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#17 of 23 Old 01-15-2012, 03:16 PM

Congrats hannabee!!  She's beautiful!!  Do you have a name yet?

Kaitlyn - I know exactly how you feel!  Just hang in there.  With my first I had *NO* signs of labor unti it actually started...and that was less than 24 hours before my scheduled induction.  There is still hope!  Have you had your membranes stripped?  I did that every other day, then daily as the I-day drew near.  Have no idea if it really made a difference.

FOOD - well, for the first time this whole pregancy I think I've gone 2 weeks without puking.  I've been addicted to clementines for the past month.  I also love yogurt with cottage cheese.  I've never been a coffee drinker EXCEPT when I'm pregnant - go figure - so I've been drinking a hazelnut iced coffee mostly on work days.  So weird. 

Chili and Coldandsleepy - I really thought you'd have your babies this weekend!  I even had a dream about it after you both had funny "signs" at the end of the week.  Soon, very soon!

Today has been really busy - church, birthday party, Raven's playoff party, now finally home!

#18 of 23 Old 01-15-2012, 03:18 PM

Congrats, Hannabee!!!

I lost my mucus plug in one giant clump this morning, but I'm still not expecting anything to start anytime soon.  Would be nice, but I'm not expecting it.  I'm just happy my body is showing signs of going naturally this time around!

Food...I've been good with eating anything, as long as it's before 6pm.  Otherwise, I end up with reflux so bad, even with acid reducer pills, that I can't sleep.  I got some bulk almonds that I've been munching on in the evenings, so that helps keep me from getting hungry overnight.

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#19 of 23 Old 01-15-2012, 03:40 PM

Yay, hannabee!  Welcome to the world, sweet one!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#20 of 23 Old 01-15-2012, 04:19 PM

June - funny you should mention clementines! I have been LOVING those something fierce! Also loving cottage cheese and berries of some kind - blueberries, blackberries, etc. Having an awful aversion to salad tonight for some reason. I had my membranes swept (is that the same thing as stripped?) on Friday and things were progressing! for like..2 hours, then nothing. I certainly can't afford to go every day and have them sweep/strip so that's out of the equation :/ I go again Tuesday and her and I will talk more about breaking my water, induction dates, etc. Having a hard time planning, I guess I'm thankful in a way I had to drop my other two classes because I definitely didn't intend on being pregnant this long. Saturday the 21st is when my class starts..so I guess I have to schedule around that. Guarantee that's what my little stinker is waiting on!

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#21 of 23 Old 01-15-2012, 06:14 PM

Just wanted to say that I'm eagerly awaiting all of your babies! It's so exciting to me! orngbiggrin.gif Baby Nico & I can't wait! 

#22 of 23 Old 01-15-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneboymum View Post

Chili and Coldandsleepy - I really thought you'd have your babies this weekend!  I even had a dream about it after you both had funny "signs" at the end of the week.  Soon, very soon!

Aaaah, I wish!!  Have had two nights now of fairly consistent contractions that fade away to nothing by the morning.  Its very frustrating.  Each time I get one now, I just get annoyed because I realize that chances are, nothing is really happening.  Hoping that when I go to the doctor tomorrow he at least tells me that I am dilated or effaced some more, then I will feel like the contractions have accomplished something :o)

And its so funny that you guys are mentioning clementines.  I think just today alone I have heard someone talking about clementines at least a dozen times...how odd!!

Hang in there ladies..not too much longer!

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#23 of 23 Old 01-15-2012, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

hannabee- congrats!  that is an amazing picture!  you must be over the moon- i'm very happy for you guys.  :)

devaskyla- you've totally piqued my interest!  keep us updated!

chili- i hope the ctx are doing something- you deserve that encouragement by this point!

thinking of you, kaitlyn.  i'm going to be so excited once your labor finally starts!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page