January 16th - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-17-2012, 04:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn811 View Post

I'm hoping I don't! But I'm glad someone can completely relate - I'm done reading. And if one more person tells me to get an induction - I am no longer responsible for their bodily harm. I'm trying not to stress, it's incredibly hard when I fear missing my class because my LO is being highly uncooperative. I had posted something on facebook about fearing an induction and I almost felt ganged up on by some of my female friends that I should get an induction even if it goes against my birth plan. For what reason? They are insinuating that my baby is at risk of health/medical reasons if I don't get an induction ASAP. Really? I don't have HBP or GD, etc. I'm just totally irritated.

Speaking of uncooperative LO, she is REALLY trying to move around in there - yeeeouch!

I'm with you on the induction thing, entirely.  It is THE ONLY fear I have going into this week and THE ONLY fear I've had throughout my entire pregnancy.  And, really, it's not so much the actual induction, but the fact that everyone thinks they know everything.  I don't just have people telling me my baby will be healthier (HA!) if I have an induction, but people saying ludicrous things like "they won't let you go past friday", etc ... who's the say they won't?!  It's been so hard for me to remember throughout all this -- but it is YOUR BODY, YOUR BABY and YOUR DECISION.  When you show up at the ER to have this baby, they have to deliver it (if you are going the hospital route -- we had to, no other options here).  :)  THey may not like you very much during or after the fact, but you exercised your right.

The other thing that keeps me sane is that this baby cannot make decisions for itself.  We're the ones responsible for knowing good from bad for them, now, despite all the external social pressures of the world.  Yes, doctors are supposed to advise in our best interests, but they don't necessarily (or knowingly).  It's all on us from here on out.  Those thoughts help me feel better, mostly because I only feel pressure through my dh -- I have tremendous faith and acquired knowledge ... he is willing to hand over his faith to the docs and trust what they tell him rather than really research things for himself.  So, when I go into "protection mode", I feel less bad about possibly hurting his feelings or disappointing him.  I know I'm making good mothering decisions -- an d you are too!  :)

So wishing that I actively joined this group earlier in my pregnancy!  Looking forward to sharing the trials of first-time-motherhood with you ladies!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List