January 16th - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 31 Old 01-15-2012, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Found this not too long ago, and it made me happy..and a bit weepy.

stretchmarks.jpg

Big hugs out there to all us mommies! 

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#2 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 05:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing that, Chili.  It always makes me sad to hear women not love their growth marks...after all, they lovingly carried their child and their body grew to accommodate.  That's pretty darn cool!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#3 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 06:46 AM

I've read that before, it's helped me come to peace with the stretch marks I've accumlated. And I realize that they'll fade, and that if someone doesn't like them that's their own problem - not mine. (:

I'm at 41w2d here. Have an appointment tomorrow. We'll discuss induction for the next coming weeks. I'm scared. I also can't believe I'm having so much trouble with this child not wanting to come out and it's my first so I wonder will they all be like this?

Yesterday, my mother and I went grocery shopping and this rude woman comes up to me and asks "Oh are you having twins?" again I'll say this is never appropriate to ever ask a woman unless she's laboring the second one in the hospital! Usually I'm quick and say no it's just a large tumor but I hadn't been asked in a while so I said um no I'm just overdue by a week or so and she has the nerve to say "Oh my you're huge! Have they talked about 'taking you' (inducing)? That must be one big baby!" Are you kidding me? I'm seriously not that big! I mean I'm big don't get me wrong but I'm not twins big! I hate the general public..now I fear going out to the store again.

Oh baby..why must you torture me? I've been pregnant forever, her room has been done for so long I've rewashed things, reorganized..

/whine over ):

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#4 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

I lost it last night with my husband.  He and my mom went to drop off my uncle at the airport (1 hr away) and I stayed home to get some sleep.  Well, I was blessedly asleep and he comes in and starts kissing me and wakes me up.  Then he starts watching a movie on the iPad (with headphones) but of course he'd woken me up by then and I couldn't go back to sleep.  I tried to sleep for over an hour, but no luck; I tried relaxation exercises, mantras, counting sheep, you name it.  Then I just started crying, SOBBING hysterically, pleading that I needed to be allowed to sleep.  He thought I was just crying because the baby was making me uncomfortable, and he tried to reassure me that it would only be a few more days, and so - although it broke my heart - I had to tell him that it was him, that I knew he meant well but that kissing me and hugging me repeatedly in the middle of the night woke me up and that I couldn't take one more night of that or I would literally go insane.  He told me he would go sleep downstairs, but my mom is sleeping on the couch and so he ended up sleeping in the car (we have a Prius so there's plenty of room with the seats down).  How horrible is that?

The thing is, sure I have to pee eight times a night but at least I've got it so that I go to the bathroom between sleep cycles, which allows me to drift back to sleep more easily.  But being woken up in the middle of a sleep cycle, even if it's for kisses and hugs, was killing me.  My ex-husband used to wake me up in the middle of the night yelling at me, so I feel like I should be grateful to have such a loving man next to me. I feel horrible and guilty but I just couldn't handle it anymore.  

I'm starting to think that going over my due date has to do with all the stress I'm under (between my mom asking every 30 minutes if I feel anything, everyone calling/emailing, random strangers asking when I'm due, and the lack of sleep).  It was funny, last night I pulled out "Birthing From Within" and opened it to a random page.  It turned out to be about how one can destroy labor if one is constantly being watched/monitored... A watched teapot never boils.  Coincidence??

OK, if you've read this far, thank you... Rant over and peace out.  :)

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and pregnant again EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!
#5 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 08:30 AM

Pilar and Kaitlyn - I'm so sorry you're both going through this.  It's tough how hard pregnancy can be at the end and you feel as if you're living every moment, but it takes HOURS.  People forget those last weeks are just emotionally exhausting and that's why they do things that make you want to rip them apart.

In no time at all you'll be holding your sweet girls.  I promise!

Angela
#6 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanQueen99 View Post

Pilar and Kaitlyn - I'm so sorry you're both going through this.  It's tough how hard pregnancy can be at the end and you feel as if you're living every moment, but it takes HOURS.  People forget those last weeks are just emotionally exhausting and that's why they do things that make you want to rip them apart.

In no time at all you'll be holding your sweet girls.  I promise!

You made me cry.  Thank you.  This is exactly what I needed to hear, I feel like nobody understands me or cares about how I'm feeling.  They just want to satisfy their own curiosity, expect me to put on a happy face, and don't care about how their meddling is tearing me apart.  Thanks again.  :)

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and pregnant again EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!
#7 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn811 View Post

I've read that before, it's helped me come to peace with the stretch marks I've accumlated. And I realize that they'll fade, and that if someone doesn't like them that's their own problem - not mine. (:

I'm at 41w2d here. Have an appointment tomorrow. We'll discuss induction for the next coming weeks. I'm scared. I also can't believe I'm having so much trouble with this child not wanting to come out and it's my first so I wonder will they all be like this?

Yesterday, my mother and I went grocery shopping and this rude woman comes up to me and asks "Oh are you having twins?" again I'll say this is never appropriate to ever ask a woman unless she's laboring the second one in the hospital! Usually I'm quick and say no it's just a large tumor but I hadn't been asked in a while so I said um no I'm just overdue by a week or so and she has the nerve to say "Oh my you're huge! Have they talked about 'taking you' (inducing)? That must be one big baby!" Are you kidding me? I'm seriously not that big! I mean I'm big don't get me wrong but I'm not twins big! I hate the general public..now I fear going out to the store again.

Oh baby..why must you torture me? I've been pregnant forever, her room has been done for so long I've rewashed things, reorganized..

/whine over ):

I'm also 41w2d ... it seems like my belly has really rounded and protrudes way more since last week.  I haven't encountered comments like that because I'm sitting home trying to get into labor and wait, but I could totally expect someone to say that to me too.  :)

#8 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montessorimama1 View Post

You made me cry.  Thank you.  This is exactly what I needed to hear, I feel like nobody understands me or cares about how I'm feeling.  They just want to satisfy their own curiosity, expect me to put on a happy face, and don't care about how their meddling is tearing me apart.  Thanks again.  :)

It is tough, isn't it? I have found it to be challenging being a midwife and very pregnant because while it is normal for people to come to me and cry on my couch about how uncomfortable, emotional, etc everything is for them..... I am expected to have some sort of ridiculously easy pregnancy with no discomforts and no challenges. As if I am completely immune to it all. Sooooooooo, I don't socialize very much at this point. I have pinched nerves and can barely walk on most days and am stuck on my couch in sweats, so close friends understand that I just can't easily make it out of the house anymore. I get impatient while waiting for my baby to arrive too.... just like everyone else. I get fears about what labor may bring and sometimes doubt if my body will work and all that normal stuff, regardless of my career. Staying at home is probably good for my mental health right now :)

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#9 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:

I went to a restaurant for breakfast yesterday and a couple with a baby came up to me and said "Any day now, huh?".  Then I went to buy baby clothes and the cashier asked when I was due and laughed when I said "three days ago".  And then in the bathroom at a restaurant during dinner (the same day!) a girl pointed out: "Wow, you're ready to pop!".  Add to that all the stares I get, as if I were some deformed creature, and I'm ready to not leave the house ever again.  The next time I see a hugely pregnant woman I'm going to go up to her and tell her she looks absolutely beautiful and that I'm in awe of her bravery.  :)

#10 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montessorimama1 View Post

I went to a restaurant for breakfast yesterday and a couple with a baby came up to me and said "Any day now, huh?".  Then I went to buy baby clothes and the cashier asked when I was due and laughed when I said "three days ago".  And then in the bathroom at a restaurant during dinner (the same day!) a girl pointed out: "Wow, you're ready to pop!".  Add to that all the stares I get, as if I were some deformed creature, and I'm ready to not leave the house ever again.  The next time I see a hugely pregnant woman I'm going to go up to her and tell her she looks absolutely beautiful and that I'm in awe of her bravery.  :)

Exactly this. The word 'pop' makes me cringe.  I have always made a point of letting pregnant mamas, at all stages, know how beautiful they are and how they are glowing and radiant. At my work, I actually put a note on my door stating the only acceptable comments to make regarding my size had better involve "gorgeous", "radiant", "glowing" or "beautiful", otherwise they were unwelcome ;)

Happy Monday everyone. It's my first official day of maternity leave, so I'm very much hoping baby comes soon. 

#11 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 10:20 AM

aw, guys.  grouphug.gif

while it might not be objectively true, i often think of the quote, "it's always darkest just before the dawn."  just when you think you can't handle another day, when you can't be pregnant for another moment, suddenly, you're in labor.  and then all of this is totally over, a page turns, and reality will be completely different.  you'll have a baby!  it doesn't make the waiting any easier, or the discomforts, or the comments, or the emotional stress... it doesn't change the reality, but it's a promise of something that is definitely coming.

i'm so sorry for all that you are going through, pilar, kaitlyn, erika, chili, lisamarie, and everyone else feeling this way.  it's totally understandable.  you can do this, though.  you are so close to the end, and it's going to be great.

things here are a'ight.  i'm washing diapers today, and hanging out with the kids.  not as productive as i'd like, but that's ok.  we're going to pick up a friend and head to the library in a bit.  nothing too exciting.

devaskyla, coldandsleepy, anything happening with you guys?

thinking of you guys, and eagerly awaiting your babies, too!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#12 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 10:42 AM

Aw Kaitlyn and Montessorimama, I am sending you some serious e-hugs right now.  Like Erika, I vote we all become hermits at this point lol.gif

By LMP I am 39w5d, but going by my normal cycle I am 38w5d, and I am pretty miserable too.  My lower back feels like each vertebrae is crashed down into the next, and I'm a little nauseuos today.  For some reason, my husband rearranged the living room furniture last night.  He likes it in the current configuration but I can't live with this right now.  I might have to move it back myself, it's totally messing up my peace of mind. 

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#13 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 10:50 AM

You ladies are such a fantastic support system (:

I agree with telling hugely pregnant women they look great - I tell them they look fabulous, haven't recently since I don't go out but when I was still working.

And I'm definitely close to hermit status!! I rarely go out anymore..but then I get depressed when no one wants to hang out? Then I have a friend who wants to hang out and I'm like..meh. My best guy friend asked today if I wanted company. I miss him but then I'm like eh, maybe I don't want to do anything. Does anyone else feel that way? I'm lonely..but I don't want to do anything to be unlonely. Pregnancy is so strange.

I'm contracting a lot today it seems. Feeling kind of nauseous and my appetite is strange. Please Lord let that be a sign! I need this baby to get here before I start class! This is nerve racking. I'm increasingly becoming stressed about missing my class. Oh baby why must you do this to me!?

#14 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 11:34 AM

I've been reading these daily thread for a few days, but never joined. I don't know how often I will comment either. My official due date is Feb. 3rd, but all my babies have been at least a week early. I'm 37 wks and some odd days today. My husband just left and will be gone overnight. Saturday night I had contractions for a couple hours in the middle of the night. I'm having a home birth so I've been cleaning and recleaning my house just to make sure it's clean when I go into labor. I really don't know if I'm ready yet to have another baby in the house. I feel like my whole pg has just gone too fast!!! 

Just wanted to say I wish all you late Momma's a baby soon!!!!

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#15 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 12:28 PM

Big hugs to everyone... boy these last days/weeks are challenging in a lot of ways, no?  

PIlar, even though I love my mom to pieces, I would go NUTS if she was sleeping on my couch and asking me every 30 minutes if I was in labor yet.  My MIL (who is really and truly wonderful-- I am one of the lucky ones!) is coming down to help after the baby is born... she had initially proposed coming down on/around my due date and I was like, no way in hell.  The last thing you need when you're so ready to meet your baby is to have someone hovering, even if they're someone very lovely and sweet and well-intended.  I think people get so caught up in their excitement for you that it's hard for them to talk about anything else... 

Nothing new going on for me re: my uterus.  I went out with my 2 year old this morning and carried him a lot more than intended... including a crazy sprint when we discovered the public restroom we were planning on using was closed for the day (it's inside a county building and of course, it's a holiday!).  Not a lot of fun at the time but I am already looking back and laughing at the image of myself hugely pregnant, running 5 blocks with a 30 lb toddler tucked under my arm because he has to use the potty now now NOW.  (Amazingly, both he and I made it.  :))  All that hard exercise has me contracting pretty hard... mayyyyybe this time it'll keep going. But maybe that's just wishful thinking.  :D

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#16 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 01:48 PM

God help me, ladies. I'm crying because my dad wants to borrow my SUV to go pick up a wardrobe for the downstairs bedroom. All I can imagine is him using up the gas I have left and tearing up my interior. That sounds horribly selfish but my father is like any other man - they don't pay attention! I don't care if he uses my vehicle...I don't, he has before (even though he drives a big vehicle?) but I still owe a lot of money on it so I'd like to keep it as nice as possible...he's a man of "oil change? maintenance? nahh..don't need it"

It doesn't help that I'm reading about pros and cons of induction. It's natural to fear a C-section when it's been envisioned to have a natural birth the entire time - I'm just..stressed.

Hormones! Hormones! Hormones!

#17 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 02:05 PM

coldandsleepy - I wonder what the neighbors would think if I put a 15 lb. dog under each arm and sprinted around the neighborhood.  :)  I hope those contractions keep coming for you!!

Kaitlyn - Deep breaths, girl.  You can always say "no" and he can find another option.  Hang in there!!

element - Ugh, I can't imagine somebody rearranging furniture at this point, how stressful!  Why don't guys understand that there are certain things that MUST NOT take place during late pregnancy??  

100% mom - Glad you decided to join and keep us company!  

So, I finally got my mom out of the house and off to have lunch with a friend.  I have the house to myself for the first time in two weeks, so I took a nap, went for a walk, took a delicious shower, and had some Chinese leftovers.  That's my idea of a stress-free afternoon, and I'm LOVING it!!  I have an appt with the midwife tomorrow... This is the first time I'm regretting having such a crunchy mw, because she's not really the type to offer membrane sweeping or herbs until after the 42nd week is over...

#18 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 02:58 PM

mm Chinese leftovers! I'm jealous! I'm very surprised your MW isn't willing (lack of a better word) to at least sweep some membranes! Especially since you're past 40 weeks, what's her reasoning?

I have an appointment tomorrow morning, and I think my game plan is to..do another membrane sweep, they're hooking me up for another NST, and with the sweep I'll obviously have an exam. I'm going to schedule another BPP at the end of this week when I'll be 42 weeks (or maybe early next week..) to check my placenta and uterus are make sure both are healthy enough to maintain a pregnancy. And maybe..just maybe..I'll schedule an induction for around 43 ish weeks. But if everything is healthy still..then why risk an induction? I'm battling back and forth in my head..fearing a C section more and more. Baby isn't moving as much because she's running out of room and it just makes me worry.

Oh why must my baby do this to me? lol!

#19 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 04:24 PM

Kaitlyn, I know it's hard but don't let them stress you. 40 weeks is bs, especially if it's your first baby. When left alone the AVERAGE for a first baby is 41 weeks 3 days. Your baby is perfectly normal. It's the system that's wrong.

I'm still pregnant. Had a major freak out last night when the baby didn't do it's usual massive amount of moving when I went to bed. In fact, it didn't move at all. Poked a lot & got a tiny movement, then was able to count 11 kicks in about 20 minutes this morning and I'm getting a little bit now. My others never had such a dramatic slow down. Hoping it means labour is happening within the next day or 2 at most. I don't think I can take this kind of worrying for long.

element, my dh has been talking about rearranging our living room for months. He's decided to start today. *sigh* I think it will be a good change and hopefully it won't be too much work. It would suck if he wore himself out just before labour. Although it wouldn't surprise me. My labour with ds3 he was still recovering from an attack of labrynthitis and it was all he could do to fill the pool, do a bit of filming and mutter a few reassuring words.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#20 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:

mm Chinese leftovers! I'm jealous! I'm very surprised your MW isn't willing (lack of a better word) to at least sweep some membranes! Especially since you're past 40 weeks, what's her reasoning?

Their reasoning is that it's baby who says when he/she is ready to come out, and anything you do is in detriment of baby's well-being because he/she might not be 100% ready (even if I am, haha).  They do start herbs after 42 weeks, I think, and/or if your water breaks and labor doesn't start after 24 hours.  Other than that, they let nature take its course... grrr... winky.gif

#21 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 06:03 PM

I have a super crunchy MW like montessorimama who won't do any cervical checks, stripping membranes etc until after 41 weeks.  I've felt quite a bit of cervical pinchies today, so I am hoping that means sometime soon...

devaskyla, you sound so calm about your husband rearranging the living room today!  I literally couldn't sleep last night just because of the current configuration of my living room.  My husband put our piano in a place that for some reason really bothered me.  The first thing I did today, after griping about it here, was move that piano back to its proper place  (it's on casters, so while it was heavy, nothing that was dangerous or anything).  Do men get nest-y?  I am starting to think so.  The good thing about his unacceptable rearrangement is that it did kick in my nesting instinct (finally!) and I got a lot of cleaning done today.

Kaitlyn, just curious what all are you currently doing to try to bring on labor?

Om'ing to Peace

#22 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 06:30 PM

Not too much since a lot of things require purchasing - with money I'd rather save for medical bills, or another emergency, etc.

Anyway, I take EPO orally (I'm not comfortable doing it vaginally), each visit now I'm having the MW strip membranes (so once a week or so), oh and laugh at this - I'll let the water from the shower head hit my nipples as a way of stimulation lmbo, other than that..just trying to keep active (hard to do with sciatic nerve pain), tried the spicy food thing tonight. Sex isn't an option for me. (:

#23 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:

I have an appointment tomorrow morning, and I think my game plan is to..do another membrane sweep, they're hooking me up for another NST, and with the sweep I'll obviously have an exam. I'm going to schedule another BPP at the end of this week when I'll be 42 weeks (or maybe early next week..) to check my placenta and uterus are make sure both are healthy enough to maintain a pregnancy. And maybe..just maybe..I'll schedule an induction for around 43 ish weeks. But if everything is healthy still..then why risk an induction? I'm battling back and forth in my head..fearing a C section more and more. Baby isn't moving as much because she's running out of room and it just makes me worry.

Oh why must my baby do this to me? lol!

Time to chill out!!!  : )  You're stressing yourself way too much.  Planning on going 43 weeks?  You probably won't.  You and I are in the exact same boat ... almost same number of days late ... same worries and fears ... same appt plans (tomorrow and Friday)!  Just take it one day at a time and let your mind rest easy for a little while.  I know it's easier said than done, but what will all this research and worry do for us?  Nothing good, for sure.  In fact, I'm a firm believer that it's possible that all of our stress and worry could be hurting our little ones more than a *mild* induction would. 

Let's sleep well tonight, huh?!  :)

#24 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 07:08 PM

I'm hoping I don't! But I'm glad someone can completely relate - I'm done reading. And if one more person tells me to get an induction - I am no longer responsible for their bodily harm. I'm trying not to stress, it's incredibly hard when I fear missing my class because my LO is being highly uncooperative. I had posted something on facebook about fearing an induction and I almost felt ganged up on by some of my female friends that I should get an induction even if it goes against my birth plan. For what reason? They are insinuating that my baby is at risk of health/medical reasons if I don't get an induction ASAP. Really? I don't have HBP or GD, etc. I'm just totally irritated.

Speaking of uncooperative LO, she is REALLY trying to move around in there - yeeeouch!

#25 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 08:18 PM

Oh ladies, I'm so sorry there is so much anxiety and stress.  I totally know what you are going through.  I remember my mom being appalled at what strangers would do and say to me at the grocery store when I was way overdue with DS1.  I swear, no matter how educated and kind a person is, when it comes to saying stuff to a pregnant woman, most people are just idiots.  I say that if friends/relatives are annoying the crap out of you then just turn off the phones, put some sort of message on your voice mail/facebook/bedroom door saying everything is fine but you are in hibernation mode (or something like that), stay off facebook, don't answer the door, etc.  I've been though all you are going through.  You are all being so strong and doing what is best for your babies regardless of what others are telling you.  They will come when they are ready.  The advice to make a conscious effort to just relax and connect with your baby is excellent.  These last couple days/weeks are soooooo long but I promise it will be over before you know it.  Do whatever makes you happy! 

Today was more of the same for me....nothing new in terms of labor signs.  I'm still not expecting any for probably another week or so.  Work was crazy busy and I had several clients who's chins hit the floor when they asked when I was due and I said Saturday.  It's not like I'm going to drop a baby on the floor during our 30 minute appt!  I do think about how funny it would be if my water dramatically broke in the middle of an appointment, though.  He He.

I do need some ideas on what I can do with DS1 (2.5 yrs old) to have a fun day.  Today my husband was home with him since it was a holiday and they just had the greatest time doing "boy things".  I'm sure he's sick of being stuck at home with his whale of a mom who can't run and tackle, play chase, gymnastics, etc.  He's so active and I know he gets bored with me.  It's really cold so we haven't been going to the playground, zoo, etc like we usually do.  Tomorrow he'll probably tell me to go back to work so his dad can stay home.  He's done it before :(.  Maybe we'll go to an indoor play area at the mall or something.  Anything to get out of the house!

I really hope everyone gets a good night sleep (unless there is some serious labor going on!) and has a better day tomorrow!  Big hugs for everyone!

#26 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 08:19 PM

Ugh. We were car four in a five-car pile up Thursday night. Felt alright after the accident, but went to the hospital thinking they'd monitor me for awhile(like an hour)...wanted to be safe. Ended up staying twenty-four hours and being hooked up to various beeping monitoring devices. They found a pretty high number of fetal blood cells in my bloodstream and my poor uterus was terribly irritated for a couple of hours(Read: little but painful and frequent contractions). Came home Friday evening and am on "couch rest". 39w4d. Have a midwife appt. tomorrow and will hopefully be able to resume normal activity until delivery.

Sorry to hear that some of you mamas are strung out and hormonal, but it makes me feel slightly less whiny and insane :D

#27 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

eek, mamasmoman!!  Glad everything is okay! I would have had a heart attack just waiting to get to the hospital to make sure everything is alright!  My parents were hit by a drunk driver about three weeks before I was born (exactly on the passenger side where my mom was sitting).  The only thing that kept her and I from being hurt was the fact that my parents were driving one of this big conversion vans and the guy that ran the stop sign was in a Chevette.  I can't imagine getting into an accident now...I think I would rip the other person a new one.

Kaitlyn- I mentioned something on my facebook about a possible induction and the majority of my friends spoke out vehemently against it, much like on here.  In fact, most of the people  I talk to are against it as well...  But then again, I seem to have a whole let of hippie friends :o)

Had my NST, BPP, and check up today.  Both the ultrasound tech AND my doctor expressed amazement that my water has not broken yet.  Apparently there is next to nothing left of my cervix and baby has been steadily moving down.  They have been telling me for weeks that my cervix was thinning, but this time I could actually see what they were talking about right away on the ultrasound.  And I am dilated to almost three...which I know doesn't really matter, but makes me feel a bit better.

When I left the office, the tech told me she didn't expect to see me at the appointment next week...I told her she just jinxed me.

Part of me thinks "yes, this kid is coming anytime now!", but a slightly bigger part of me thinks "Who am I kidding?  He isn't coming out until he hits 43 weeks!"

Please be the first!!

The past three nights have been full of contractions...but it was like that last week, and the week before that...

I hate the wait and see of all this.  I am not a very patient pregnant woman! Neither is my 4 year old.  Every morning he asks me if Henry is here...like he might have missed it during the night ROTFLMAO.gif  When I tell him no, he says "But I'm ready for him now!"  Believe me, I am right there with you buddy!

And my god, I don't think I have ever felt this uncomfortable!

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#28 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 08:39 PM

That is so darn cute about your son! LMBO! It must be absolute torture for him waiting for his sibling to get here!

Mama - so sorry to hear about your accident but glad you and baby are ok! How awful!

June - I've stood my ground with them and intend to with my MW tomorrow. This bully crap is for the birds! I commented on FB "well if you all want to start an induction/medical bill fund for me be my guest but I'm paying entirely on my own and I'll do what I please!" And it's the truth - hell, no one is paying for it but me and it's easy for them to say oh yeah get an induction, really? I do not like the idea of pitocin whatsoever. I have a friend who is so anti-main stream medical yet is sooo pro induction/c-section. What sense does that make? I knew people were irritating before becoming pregnant..but now? Good Lord no wonder I need coaxed to get out of the house! Ha (:

#29 of 31 Old 01-16-2012, 09:31 PM

To kaitlyn:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamarie1081 View Post

Time to chill out!!!  : )

This. Times 100.  I know it's MUCH easier said than done but I feel its the most important thing you can do for you and your babe.  Like take bubble baths and listen to whatever music totally zens you out time.  You know that this baby is going to come (soon) and can take comfort in that.  You've probably read about how stress and uncertainty can affect or even temporarily stop labor.  What can you do daily to bring yourself some peace?  I feel if we can get your anxiety level down, your body will relax enough to do the work it has to do now.  Affirmations (I can send you some if you like), visualization of your dream delivery (including date and time of day), maybe a little meditation.... I hope you can find some peace now, you are so close mama!!

And to momasmoman, so glad you're ok!

Devaskyla likes this.

Om'ing to Peace

#30 of 31 Old 01-17-2012, 01:14 AM

Mamasmoman - I was just thinking about you last night and assumed you had your baby since we hadn't heard from you.  That car accident sounds so scary.  Was your child in the car, too?

Angela

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page