My Unplanned U/C! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 01-25-2012, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

(This is a journal post direct from our family journal.  G is baby boy, C is big sister.)

23 January 2012 ~ Happy Birthday, Q!...
You just couldn't wait to join our family and decided to come out with a bang...on your brother's birthday!

Last night I had some minor cramping, but it was nothing to write home about.  A few extremely minor contractions that were miles apart in the morning.  Again, nothing major.  So I put a few toys in front of Griffin to keep him busy and came up to take my "I might be starting labor soon and should shower" shower to which I had three contractions in a row.  Hmm.  It was around 10:20a so I went to get a drink and then, at 10:30a, the rolling contractions started.  Now, I was busy with your brother but I'd say they were coming every minute or so.  I had previously told your father to keep his cell in his pocket so, while sitting on the toilet (in all my labors this has been the *only* comfortable place) I called his cell...and the HR Manager answered!  It seems Daddy was getting a new phone and Tim was moving over his contacts and assorted junk. Ugh!  So I called his line...no answer!  Then contractions got more intense to me calling the main line and telling Kasey to track down Daddy.  It took her a few minutes and then she came back to tell me he was on a call.  I. Don't. Care.  Get him!!!  He said he was on the way while I felt things really moving.  I laid on the sofa to start moaning and sweet G laid down on me and followed my moans.  What a sweet boy.  Around 11:30a Daddy got home, fed your brother, ate lunch and cleaned up while I sat on the toilet.  Around noon he said we should go to the hospital so I told him to get ready.  Perhaps I wasn't clear enough that things were intense, but we were moving in slow motion.  12:15ish it got to the point that I wasn't moving.  So when Daddy came back to get me around 12:30 I said I simply couldn't move.  Contractions were rolling on top of each other.  He asked if he should call 911 and I just nodded.  All the while my body took over and I didn't have to push because your head came out in two contractions.  Thank god the 911 dispatcher told Daddy to yank me off the toilet literally the second before you came out!  So, I'm on the floor holding you, making sure you didn't hit the dirty floor and I hear Daddy say "they're here" to the dispatcher.  The dispatcher had to ask Daddy to find out a gender!  Our big surprise and we forgot to look - a beautiful, baby girl.  A slew of men came in, cut the cord and wheeled us out in the ambulance.  They were super sweet and it was wild that your first car ride was an ambulance with the sirens on!

We got to the hospital and we were the talk of the town!  You weighed in at 7 pounds 15 ounces (you pooped on the way out so the nurse said you were most likely 8.1 - still my smallest baby), 20.5 inches and a 13 head.  You're tiny compared to your siblings!  You also required the least amount of stitches - 2 internal ones to stop the bleeding.

The only complicating factor is that you're Coombs positive so that puts you at a higher risk of jaundice, but that didn't keep us from leaving the hospital at just over 24 hours.  That place is not restful!

C and G simply love you.  C can't stop touching and kissing you and whispering how much she loves you!  G just says "baby!" and smiling at you.

Welcome to our world, Quinn Amelia MyLastName FamilyLastName!  We are so happy to have you!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#2 of 21 Old 01-25-2012, 01:31 PM

Lovely!  Congratulations!

caffix.gif

#3 of 21 Old 01-25-2012, 01:35 PM

YAY.  so happy.  so very happy.  joy.gif

welcome, quinn!  so many surprises at once.  angela, i hope you're flying high.  way to go, friend.  i'm so excited for your new little girl- i hope you all have a fantastic babymoon together.  you've been missed around here! blowkiss.gif

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#4 of 21 Old 01-25-2012, 01:56 PM

Aw AQ your birth story made me tear up.  So, SO happy for you and your growing family. Welcome to the world baby Quinn, you made quite the entrance!

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#5 of 21 Old 01-25-2012, 02:07 PM

What a wild ride! Congratulations!!

p.s. - love her middle name ;)

Mama to DD born 1/28/12, and baby #2 on the way in January '14!

#6 of 21 Old 01-25-2012, 02:28 PM

Oh yay!!  Congrats AQ!  What an amazing story and entrance for baby Quinn!  Glad you are doing well and hope you get to leave the hospital soon!! 

#7 of 21 Old 01-25-2012, 04:26 PM

Aw, what a great story!  Two kids now with the same birthday!! Congrats.

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#8 of 21 Old 01-25-2012, 05:11 PM

Wow!  I'm so happy for you!  Welcome baby Quinn and congratulations African Queen!  Have a beautiful babymoon!

#9 of 21 Old 01-25-2012, 05:59 PM

Congratulations!

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#10 of 21 Old 01-25-2012, 06:36 PM

Congrats!

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#11 of 21 Old 01-25-2012, 07:45 PM

Awwwwwww.  What an amazing story.  Congrats and welcome Quinn!

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#12 of 21 Old 01-26-2012, 12:32 AM

Wow how dramatic! My goodness. Welcome Quinn - you lucky little thing to have two adoring big siblings. Leave it to a RPCV to be so tough to give birth unassisted in her home bathroom :)

(35) Teacher, mother to DD '08 + triplets (identical boys and a girl) born at 36 weeks gestation in ´11.  Passions: gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, wild food gathering, reading, kayaking and more.

#13 of 21 Old 01-26-2012, 06:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Congrats!!! It sounds like a wonderful birth and I am glad you called your husband when you did!!! How dramatic, but lovely! (her middle name is the name of my oldest child.... I adore it!)

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#14 of 21 Old 01-26-2012, 05:20 PM

Wonderful news!!  Many congratulations to you and your family.  What a sweet birthday gift for your son!

Healthcare is a human right!
#15 of 21 Old 01-26-2012, 09:24 PM

Congrats! What a fun story!

Heather

#16 of 21 Old 01-27-2012, 07:37 AM

Congratulations! Who'd have thought you'd have a UC?! LOL! As my MW said, the ones that come fast are NOT the ones you need to worry about. ;) Glad everything went well, and have a blast with your new little one!

L'lee reading.gif ~ C geek.gif ~ E broc1.gif May, 2006 ~ Rjoy.gif12/29/2011nocirc.gif goorganic.jpg ecbaby2.gif homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#17 of 21 Old 01-27-2012, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'lee View Post

Congratulations! Who'd have thought you'd have a UC?! LOL!

Certainly not my husband!  Poor guy was holding our two year old, talking to the 911 dispatcher on the phone *and* throwing a towel under the new baby.  I'd say he did awesome!  I'm so lucky. :)

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#18 of 21 Old 01-27-2012, 08:23 AM

HA! That's great! I almost had a UC also, my MW showed up AS I was pushing the baby out, and I couldn't believe how together DH seemed! He had been so worried about that, but seemed so calm! He told me later that he'd been trying hard not to seem as nervous as he was, for my sake.

It sounds like your DH was way too busy to be nervous!

L'lee reading.gif ~ C geek.gif ~ E broc1.gif May, 2006 ~ Rjoy.gif12/29/2011nocirc.gif goorganic.jpg ecbaby2.gif homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#19 of 21 Old 01-27-2012, 07:57 PM

We should start an unplanned UC club!  Pretty intense huh?!  Congratulations!

#20 of 21 Old 01-28-2012, 12:22 AM

amazing birth story! congratulations!

hijab.gif  rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif K born Jan 2012 now we are bfinfant.gif familybed1.gif and learning how to slingboy.gif and CD

baby R brokenheart.gif Oct 2011.

#21 of 21 Old 02-06-2012, 09:02 PM

AWESOMElove.gif

Jess mom to 5!!! 3 boys 2 girls and another girl on the way edd jan 31st! I have a Disabled veteran husband
breastfeeding,cosleeping, non vax,no circ,and nature loving family!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page