Friday the 27th of January - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 33 Old 01-27-2012, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Good morning!! Any babies born last night while we slept unaware? 

I am still pregnant, so I am heading to a meeting that is 1 1/2 hours from home today. There will be other midwives there, so I will be in good shape if baby were to decide to surprise me ;) I had a few good contractions last night that woke me, but that was it. I am hoping maybe tonight (well, I hope for every night at this point!). My oldest wants to go on Saturday to a hotel with a friend in another city and I don't want her to miss the birth if it happens while she is gone. We let her weigh out the options, but let her know that we couldn't promise the baby would come or not come on Saturday and would support her if she wanted to go or stay home. I know she wants to be around for the birth, but that the allure of going to a hotel with a friend is pretty high too :) Sooooo, I would LOVE to have the baby tonight and then she could still go to the hotel and have an awesome time and not worry about missing out on anything. Of course, this isn't something that can be planned out so we will just see what ends up happening!

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#2 of 33 Old 01-27-2012, 05:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Well, I was hoping for some good contractions last night, too, but I got nothing.  I slept well, though.  Just plan to go to a meeting this morning at work and then take my son to a huge indoor play area with mini-golf, bounce houses, playground, etc.  This is a huge treat for him since we don't usually spend $ on stuff like this but I thought it would be a special treat before his world gets turned upside down with a little brother!

I'll check in later!

#3 of 33 Old 01-27-2012, 06:24 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Still gestating. Before bed I was cramping and having some contractions, but of course, once in bed they stopped. For the past 3 nights I've been waking up at some horrific hour (this time it was 2am) and wide awake for an hour to an hour and a half. No reason for it, just wide awake. My husband thinks it's a sign that things are progressing, I think it's a sign I'm going crazy.  

Mother, wife, doula, and lactivist.
#4 of 33 Old 01-27-2012, 06:49 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMamma View Post
  For the past 3 nights I've been waking up at some horrific hour (this time it was 2am) and wide awake for an hour to an hour and a half. No reason for it, just wide awake. My husband thinks it's a sign that things are progressing, I think it's a sign I'm going crazy.  

This is me for the past two weeks. What is it about pregnancy that makes us wake up in the middle of the night like this?

#5 of 33 Old 01-27-2012, 08:07 AM

Go, mamas!  Go, mamas!!  Goooooo, mamas!!!

You're all so close.  I simply can't wait to hear the babies are here!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#6 of 33 Old 01-27-2012, 09:27 AM

hooray for friday.  so glad it's finally here.

nothing much exciting going on here today.  we belong to a community natural food co-op, and once a month, we have to go unload the big truck that drops off pallets of our stuff.  so that happens this afternoon.  my youngest kiddo's birthday is monday, and we're probably going to make a trip to the children's museum on sunday.  he's always asking to go.  tomorrow, i'll get groceries.  no other big weekend plans.  anyone else have anything exciting going on?

i've started getting almost daily emails from well-meaning relatives.  you know, the older sorts who don't really know (or care) that typing ALL IN CAPS IS A LITTLE PUSHY AND UPSETTING TO READ, ESPECIALLY ON THE TOPIC OF A NEW BABY THAT I AM TRYING TO NURTURE IN A FEW MORE PEACEFUL DAYS OF PREGNANCY.

thinking of you guys.  chili, last day!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#7 of 33 Old 01-27-2012, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi guys- nothing going on here.  Was up most of last night with contractions that were pretty uncomfortable, about 15 minutes or so apart.  Just when I started to get excited...they stopped.  Go figure.

Tomorrow I will be induced....so anxious.

Also, internet got shut off today so it will most likely be a few days before I get back online again.  Hopefully I come back to news of lots of new babies!!

Good luck guys.

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#8 of 33 Old 01-27-2012, 02:11 PM

Good luck tomorrow Chili!!  We'll all be thinking about you!  Maybe baby will take the hint and make an appearance tonight!  That's what DS1 did for me.  We'll miss you while your internet is out!

We had a good time at the play place we took DS to today.  If only I could bottle the energy of a 2.5 yr old boy!  I've had a lot of mucous today but almost no contractions.  Please come this weekend baby!  Need to go make a meal to freeze and then figure out dinner.

#9 of 33 Old 01-27-2012, 02:33 PM

Still here.  Had a couple contractions while driving in a low-visibility snow storm, but they stopped.  Grumble.

I got a lot of the cleaning done yesterday, but I'm going to do some more today and hope.

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#10 of 33 Old 01-27-2012, 04:29 PM

Still here too. Nothing to update.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#11 of 33 Old 01-27-2012, 05:22 PM

Still here too, with no real news. My midwife is coming over tomorrow to listen to the baby for a longer time since I will be 41+3....

Mama to DD born 1/28/12, and baby #2 on the way in January '14!

#12 of 33 Old 01-27-2012, 06:19 PM

Good luck mamas! I am stalking all of you wink1.gif
#13 of 33 Old 01-27-2012, 06:30 PM

Good luck, chili!  Can't wait to meet the new boy!

Angela
#14 of 33 Old 01-27-2012, 06:53 PM

HCM and contactmaya, my due date triplets, how are we feeling today... now that we are... overdue!! (cue dramatic music)  Sounds like a fun weekend HCM!

Erika, my fingers are crossed for you that the babe makes some moves tonight.

Chili, I am so happy for you that one way or another you are going to be holding your baby the next time we hear from you!!

I had a pretty interesting night last night.  For a period of about 3 or 4 hours, the baby was going nuts.  I think he/she was burrowing down nice and far, and kicking up a storm, also causing enough pain in the nerves of my hips to keep waking me up.  I was also up about every 30-45 minutes to pee during this bout of activity.  I usually only have the pain in my hips occasionally while standing, so it was surprising to have it happen while sleeping.  I've been really bonked out, spacey and hungry for a few days now, so hopefully that means something.  I went to my midwife today, she seems pretty convinced the baby is coming this weekend.  I hope she's right!  She delivered a babe this morning, another mama was getting pretty serious when I was leaving my appointment, and good things come in threes right?  I'm trying to not get too excited about her prediction, but this waiting game sure is a test in patience huh?  DH is trying to squeeze out every last bit of couple time, so he is taking me out to dinner tonight.  I get nervous going out later in the day, so I'll wear one of those incontinence pads juuuust in case I end up having one of those water-breaking-out-in-public-like-in -the-movies kind of events.  Thinking of you all!

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#15 of 33 Old 01-27-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by element2012 View Post

I've been really bonked out, spacey and hungry for a few days now, so hopefully that means something.  I went to my midwife today, she seems pretty convinced the baby is coming this weekend.  I hope she's right! 

Is being unusually hungry a sign?  Because I've been eating like a horse for the last couple of days...

My midwife told me this, too - that she was sure I'd have the baby this weekend.  Now I'm resisting the urge to punch her, because it's Friday night and no signs.  I suppose I've got another 48 hours for her to be right, but I may punch her anyway, out of principle.   ;)

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#16 of 33 Old 01-27-2012, 08:13 PM

I've never heard of it being one. If it is, I'm in big trouble, because I'm having to force myself to eat most days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conchobhar View Post

Is being unusually hungry a sign?  Because I've been eating like a horse for the last couple of days...

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#17 of 33 Old 01-27-2012, 08:14 PM

Mamas left waiting to meet your new little ones, I'm sending you speedy birth vibes.  Hopefully not as speedy as some of the rest of us, I think we really may have to start an Unplanned UC club!  I've missed out on all these births in the last few weeks since Ulysses arrived, but I'm watching you who are left with excitement!  I hope to have pictures up soon.  Best wishes for fabulous labors to you and huge hugs and congratulations to all the other Mamas who's waits are over!

#18 of 33 Old 01-27-2012, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I ended up having a super productive day!

I went to the meeting, picked up some late lunch on my way home, drove 1 1/2 hours in snow while rocking out to some good music, ate that lunch while telling my husband that I really hoped to have a baby today, greeted children as they got home from school, looked at my kids' report cards and praised them, took a shower, my water broke while I laid on my bed after my shower (less than an hour after I got home), and I pushed a baby out 3 hours later. Then I ate some dinner. Not too shabby of a day :)

Baby boy, 8lb 6 oz. We have named him Frederick Sullivan and we will call him Fritz. I am super thankful that he only made me wait until 41 weeks.

I am wide awake right now, just laying next to him and taking in his perfection. I don't think these hormones are going to let me sleep at all tonight :) 

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#19 of 33 Old 01-28-2012, 12:16 AM

it's already Jan 28th here, 12:12 PM. I'm either 41 weeks or 40+4. first one is my doc's date, second one is the one that i'm thinking. no sign of a baby yet. having mild contractions through the night and extremely uncomfortable BH during the day. and it's like this since Thursday... we had breakfast with DH and went up and down the stairs in our building (14 floors up and down). i cant feel my legs now lol booked for a membrane sweep on Monday. So want to deliver by then!!

good luck to all overdue ladies over here, i really hope that we'll have our babies over the weekend. DH's grandma is giving me hard time calling everyday and being all panicky! don't want to pick up the phone now because of her :/

hijab.gif  rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif K born Jan 2012 now we are bfinfant.gif familybed1.gif and learning how to slingboy.gif and CD

baby R brokenheart.gif Oct 2011.

#20 of 33 Old 01-28-2012, 01:49 AM

Congratulations Erika! Love the way you told that. I was just skimming and had to back up because my brain went"Did I just read what I think I did??"

Yay!! Another quicky birth.

I've just spent the last hour pumping to try to get something started. Lots of colostrum (for me, anyway) & a few contractions. Doubt they'll go anywhere. Pretty much given up on this baby coming out (yes, I know it will, doesn't feel that way though)

#21 of 33 Old 01-28-2012, 06:20 AM

oh, erika- i'm SO HAPPY for you!  what a journey it's been for you!  was labor ok?  just 3 hours sounds awesome- i hope they weren't all of that nerve pain you've been having for so long.  welcome, fritz!  you have an awesome name!  and i'm sure you're just beautiful.  :)

devaskyla, i'm pulling for you today.  sending YOU all my spontaneous labor mojo now!

chili, this is the day!  good luck with your induction- you're gonna do great!  can't wait to hear about henry!

thinking of everyone.  feeling nothing in particular here, and happy with that for now.

have a good saturday.  you know, pop out a baby, if you're in the mood!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#22 of 33 Old 01-28-2012, 06:27 AM

wow somehow i missed that baby post! Congrats Erika :)

hijab.gif  rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif K born Jan 2012 now we are bfinfant.gif familybed1.gif and learning how to slingboy.gif and CD

baby R brokenheart.gif Oct 2011.

#23 of 33 Old 01-28-2012, 06:53 AM

Erika!  You rock!!

welcome, Fritz!

Angela
#24 of 33 Old 01-28-2012, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Congratulations Erika!!!

Good luck Chili!!

Thanks for the well wishes from others.

As one for the due date triplets, my update is that i am still pregnant.  I did have contractions yesterday and a stinging sensation in my cervix that made me stand on my tiptoes. I thought to myself, am i in labor? Or is this just the result of more pulling, pushing and lifting (which i tried to keep to a minimum) as i moved to a new apartment. It was the latter. No more contractions by the time i got to actually sit down and relax. Kind of relieved actually, because i would like at least a day to get things organized. Baby stuff is in bags and boxes piled on top of a table.

#25 of 33 Old 01-28-2012, 09:08 AM

Congrats Erika!  What a lovely, peaceful sounding day.

#26 of 33 Old 01-28-2012, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post

oh, erika- i'm SO HAPPY for you!  what a journey it's been for you!  was labor ok?  just 3 hours sounds awesome- i hope they weren't all of that nerve pain you've been having for so long.  welcome, fritz!  you have an awesome name!  and i'm sure you're just beautiful.  :)

It really went extremely well. It was the absolute definition of a "butter birth." I felt kinda off all day, was one of the first people to leave the meeting that I went to because I just felt uncomfortable. I started contracting lots in the car, but that is pretty typical for me and so I really paid very little attention (other than noting that they were 5-7 minutes apart). I just felt off and weird. Anyhow, once my water broke, I went pretty much straight into active labor. It felt pretty overwhelming because there was no gradual build up and in my head I kept thinking that I had many, many, many hours in front of me yet. My other labors were: 5 day induction, 24 hours, and 6 hours. I figured this one would probably be in the 6ish hour range again. 

My water broke at about 3:50, my husband called our midwife at 4ish to let her know that my water had broken but that we didn't need her yet. I stayed laying down for quite some time because he had not been super low in my pelvis and there was so much amniotic fluid pouring out that I didn't want to move and risk a cord prolapse. I just laid there and listened to my baby until the flood started to calm and I HAD to get up to deal with the contractions. At 4:40 he called her again to say to head our way because I couldn't decide if she should come or not :) I think she got to our house at close to 6ish (she is about an hour from me), I started feeling really pushy at 6:20ish or so, but figured that it MUST be malpositioning rather than labor actually going that fast. I complained quite a bit that this was much harder than I remembered and that I wasn't having any fun.... you know, the typical stuff of transition (and yet, there is a picture of me laughing only 13 minutes before his birth). With a few of those contractions there was that horrible nerve pain, but then he must have moved down past that area. Baby out at 6:50 :) No dizziness, no significant bleeding, no tears, baby had 9/10 apgars and nursed right away, etc. I mean, like it was really simply a butter birth. I am very thankful for that.

During labor I felt that it was my hardest labor to date. However, looking back I can see that it only felt that way because I was nearly done and convinced that I had hours and hours to go yet. I still can't believe that it went as fast as it did. I feel very lucky also that my husband turned down a call and overtime that he was supposed to run last night at the last minute. I asked him not to go because I just felt so off and so he told his boss that we already had plans. Had he run that call, by the time I realized that he needed to come home, he would have been too late and would have missed the birth. And I would have likely done it without a midwife as well because it was my husband who insisted on calling while I still felt unsure if I wanted to "bother" her.

I am rooting for all of you who are waiting for babies and hoping you have safe, wonderful, easy, buttery births :)

#27 of 33 Old 01-28-2012, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, and I also have to add that the hardest thing for me now is going to be staying in bed for a few days. It feels so nice to have legs that feel normal and no nerves being pinched that I was joking with my husband about waiting until tonight before hopping on my elliptical :)  I did make a promise to my midwife and my husband that I would stay down for at least a few days though :)

#28 of 33 Old 01-28-2012, 10:48 AM

congrats Erika!!  That sounds like the perfect birth to me!!  Welcome Fritz!  Love his name!!

#29 of 33 Old 01-28-2012, 11:58 AM

Congrats Erika!!

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#30 of 33 Old 01-28-2012, 12:01 PM

Congratulations!

Mama to DD born 1/28/12, and baby #2 on the way in January '14!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page