Mothering Forum banner

so it's saturday, january 28th!

761 views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  HardCoreMom 
#1 ·
chili, it's your day today! we're all cheering you on! can't wait to hear about henry, after he's here, and after you can get back online! good luck!!!

thinking of you guys today- hoping it's a good weekend for everyone.

my favorite part of each day is getting to do bedtime with DS3- he's my special velcro-kiddo, and we have always shared really tender bedtimes. each night, lately, i've been making special efforts to drink in the experience of our nightly togetherness- the books that i can read to him just the way he likes (everyone else reads them "wrong"), the smell of his hair, the way he flirtingly looks up at the ceiling when i kiss him goodnight, all tucked into bed with the covers "just so." at bedtime, we belong only to each other. these are the things i am treasuring most right now, knowing that one way or another, this precious routine will change very soon. what things are you "drinking up" these days, before the baby comes and rocks your world?

#2 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post

chili, it's your day today! we're all cheering you on! can't wait to hear about henry, after he's here, and after you can get back online! good luck!!!

thinking of you guys today- hoping it's a good weekend for everyone.

my favorite part of each day is getting to do bedtime with DS3- he's my special velcro-kiddo, and we have always shared really tender bedtimes. each night, lately, i've been making special efforts to drink in the experience of our nightly togetherness- the books that i can read to him just the way he likes (everyone else reads them "wrong"), the smell of his hair, the way he flirtingly looks up at the ceiling when i kiss him goodnight, all tucked into bed with the covers "just so." at bedtime, we belong only to each other. these are the things i am treasuring most right now, knowing that one way or another, this precious routine will change very soon. what things are you "drinking up" these days, before the baby comes and rocks your world?
so touching...

we are having lots of quality time with DH, but we both cant wait to hold this baby. we were waiting for him for so long.

#3 ·
HCM - I agree that the time spent with our youngest (currently my only) kiddos is so special right now! I'm trying to get everything out of it for both him and myself because I know his happy little world is about to get rocked! He's been in such a fun, playful mood!

Well, I went to work this AM although I was hoping I'd be having a baby instead! I still seem to be losing my mucous plug slowly but no change or major contractions otherwise. Baby is really active. I'm 41 weeks today....I thought 2nd babies were supposed to be earlier and I thought my EDD was more accurate but I guess I just like extra well-done babes!

Chili - thinking about you today!

Erika - I want a story like yours....go to work, come home have lunch, relax, have baby, relax....

Devaskyla - we have some stubborn babies, huh? Thinking about you today too. I bet things will go so fast for you once they get going!

AlwaysPraying - hope you get some positive signs that baby is ready soon!

Where's everyone else today???

My mom and I are going to go to a free book store this afternoon and then try to find some more things to do. I can't sit at home and do nothing....it makes me crazy! Maybe a pedicure will put me into labor!

#4 ·
I am feeling very encouraged this morning, finally! Since I am 41+3 today my MW came over to listen to the baby through a couple of movements, etc. Baby sounded great!! I've been having blood-tinged mucous since last night, so I had her check me for the first time. I am 80% effaced, a very pliable 3-4cm dialted, and baby's head is very low - she didn't even have her fingers all the way inside to feel it! I know these are all just numbers, but it really does feel great to know that all of my discomfort has actually done a lot of work without me being in labor yet...

Its mild and sunny here today so we are going to head out for a long walk, hopefully it'll help get things moving. Good luck everyone!!!

#5 ·
juneboy and amelia, it sounds like things are happening for you! yeah! i hope your babies are in your arms soon- keep us updated if you can!

contactmaya- glad you got through the move ok! good luck getting the baby stuff put away while you still have a chance!
smile.gif

alwayspraying- i hope your baby comes this weekend, for your sake- don't answer that phone!

element- thinking of you! i hope your MW's prediction holds true! where did you go to dinner?

conchobhar- do you think your babe will show up in the next 24 hours, or do you owe your MW a principled punch in the face?
wink1.gif

goodvibes.gif
devaskyla- thinking of you very much, woman! come ON, baby!!!
goodvibes.gif

joyfulgrrrl, hippiemomma, greenmamma- haven't heard from you guys in a few days- hope you finally had your babies!

AFM, nothing much happening here. got groceries, planning not to make it back to the store next weekend, but who knows, i guess. just baked some blueberry bread with the kids, and i think i'm going to do some more organizing in the bedroom. still don't want to clean the bathroom. children's museum tomorrow. feeling great, thankful baby is sitting tight for now.

thinking of chili, hoping henry is nursing happily by now!

#6 ·
Been having contractions today. Very irregular in length and interval, but definitely getting stronger. Hoping they go somewhere. Was in so much pain when I got out of bed a few hours ago I came right back & lay here crying until it stopped.

Had dh check me. Poor guy has no real idea what he's doing & it really, really hurt so he didn't try for long, but from Gloria Lemay's description that I gave him, I'm at least 5cm, fully effaced & he thinks he might have touched the baby's head.

I'll update if there's any news

#7 ·
oh, devaskyla, i'm hoping strong hopes for you that this is it! i want you to get to go down to your birthing room tonight, get that camera rolling, and deliver the baby you've been waiting so long for. we're all so eager to meet your little one- can't wait to see which team you're on.

i hope your contractions become more regular and productive, without being too difficult to get through. sending you strong but gentle labor vibes, my friend! you can do it!!!

#8 ·
Yay Devaskyla!! I hope your birth pool doesn't take too long to fill up because you are half way there and not even in labor yet!! I can't wait to hear that your little one has arrived! I think we're all sending good labor and birthing vibes to you! You'll be great! (and you have quite a brave husband - mine would think I was crazy if I asked him to check me!)

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post

Been having contractions today. Very irregular in length and interval, but definitely getting stronger. Hoping they go somewhere. Was in so much pain when I got out of bed a few hours ago I came right back & lay here crying until it stopped.
Had dh check me. Poor guy has no real idea what he's doing & it really, really hurt so he didn't try for long, but from Gloria Lemay's description that I gave him, I'm at least 5cm, fully effaced & he thinks he might have touched the baby's head.
I'll update if there's any news
Come on, baby! I hope this is it for you! And it sounds like your body has been doing fantastic work already!

#11 ·
Devaskyla, I hope so much that this is it for you! Sending you lots of strong and healthy labor vibes! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Conchobar, I feel the same way about my MW's prediction, ain't gonna happen! There will be no punching this time, but if she gets it wrong again next time....

Juneboymom, how funny, a friend's mom told me to go get a pedicure and I'd be in labor tonight. Well, I got the pedicure and am patiently waiting....
whistling.gif

HCM, I think as soon as you clean those bathrooms, the little one will come! In other words, keep putting it off, lol!

Where is our due date triplet, contactmaya?

Not much new to report today... I feel the same as ever! I am jokingly giving all of the wives tale methods a try today for giggles: climbing stairs, DTD, got a pedicure, told my husband to take me to the mall to walk around for a couple of hours while pouring hot sauce into my mouth (that didn't happen
redface.gif
), eating pineapple. The castor oil I bought from Whole Foods says plainly on the side NOT FOR INGESTION so I scoured the local drug stores until I found one for ingesting, definitely planning on taking it before bed. All this and I still strongly feel that this babe is going to come on Superbowl Sunday, lol.

Thinking of you ladies! Go devaskyla!!!

#12 ·
Well, looks like no baby for me today. Nothing exciting happening. My hands and feet are newly swollen and I'm still passing a little mucous but that's it! I'm ready...why isn't baby? Plus, one of my favorite midwives is on duty all weekend so I would love to go now! Hope some other mamas are having a more productive day than I am! I'll check back in the AM!

#14 ·
Just popping by to add that I have been researching the castor oil stuff and it definitely doesn't seem like the route to take... so I will just be over here eating pineapple with hot sauce on it.... while walking up the stairs.

#16 ·
Still contracting, a little stronger but still irregular and easy to get through. Hoping now the older 2 are up in bed things will pick up. Really don't want to have to wait until ds3 is asleep too. I could easily sleep and he doesn't usually go to bed for a few more hours. If I have to wait for him to sleep & then to labour after, I'm going to be wiped.

Starting to want to get in the pool, but I don't want to fill it way too early. On the other hand, I don't want to miss my chance, either.

#17 ·
Conchobar, what's the update??? ETA- Oh I just saw your other post! Hooray!!

Devaskyla, I hope you can rest up. And get in that pool as soon as you feel it's time to!

For me, getting a few crampy contractions, nothing that would make me really focus on it, but enough to get my attention. Also getting a little bit of bloody show and feeling spacey. Going to lay down now and hope things keep moving overnight.

Go mamas go!

#18 ·
devaskyla, i'm so happy to see this update! i'm sorry your ctx are still irregular, but hey, they're still going! it sounds like this baby is going to do his/her own thing. like element, i hope that you're able to get some rest. you and your body are pros at this- you'll know when it's time to do the pool. i've got to get a few hours of sleep here, myself, but i can't wait to check in on you in the morning!

element, it sounds like your body is gearing up, too. lots of action around here this weekend!

good luck, mamafriends!
goodvibes.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.