Sunday January 29 (?) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 01-29-2012, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I started writing the title of this thread and didn't really know what the date was today!  I can't believe how late in the month it is already.  Where did the time go??  At this rate I may very well have a February baby.  irked.gif

Last night was really quiet.  Slept well.  This AM I lost another glob of mucous.....could it seriously regenerate this late in the game??  Anyone know any statistics regarding onset of labor from loss of mucous plug??  I didn't lose it (or know that I did) with DS1.  My previously chill/relaxed/go with the flow self is starting to get impatient.  I really wanted a baby this weekend!

Congrats Conchobar!  Glad you don't have to punch your midwife!

Congrats Joyfulgirrl!

I'm so anxious to hear from you, Devaskyla!  Do you have your little one in your arms???

Anyone else have any action yesterday or overnight??

#2 of 17 Old 01-29-2012, 07:14 AM

sounds like this is a productive weekend for some of us!  there's a number of people who didn't update yesterday... i wonder if that's a good sign? hope so!

i had the worst night's sleep of this whole pregnancy, and it had nothing to do with being pregnant.  now i'm a big grump, and i'm exhausted.  extra reason for babygirl to hold on for a few more days.  i need to catch up on my rest.

off to the children's museum as soon as i can eat some food.

eager to hear from devaskyla!!!

juneboy, i think you and i are the only ones left from the birth bead exchange.  :)

thinking of each of you!  have a great day, ladies!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#3 of 17 Old 01-29-2012, 07:17 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I'm still here. I've completely lost any relaxed feelings regarding waiting. I'm angry, irritable, and frustrated. I've been losing mucus plug for about 3 weeks now. It seems it's mostly "melting" away and with bigger amounts here and there. No middle of the night and staying awake waking last night, so I guess that's good. I would have rather been woken up to fierce contractions and holding my baby right now though...

Mother, wife, doula, and lactivist.
#4 of 17 Old 01-29-2012, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

for me contractions that started 1pm yesterday and went on all night at about 10-20mins apart, loss of mucus plug.according  to my doula, loss of plug doesnt say anything much. today i am bedridden, with contractions cming slow and fast, waiting till they are 3-5mins apart b4 i call midwife. doula came last night but went home again this morning.  Each time i have a contractions, i lie on my stomach over pillows and give low moans.....my kids r making fun of me, calling out instructions for making lunch to my mother in kitchen

basically feels like im having really painful periods, i go to bathroom and theres more blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneboymum View Post

So I started writing the title of this thread and didn't really know what the date was today!  I can't believe how late in the month it is already.  Where did the time go??  At this rate I may very well have a February baby.  irked.gif

Last night was really quiet.  Slept well.  This AM I lost another glob of mucous.....could it seriously regenerate this late in the game??  Anyone know any statistics regarding onset of labor from loss of mucous plug??  I didn't lose it (or know that I did) with DS1.  My previously chill/relaxed/go with the flow self is starting to get impatient.  I really wanted a baby this weekend!

Congrats Conchobar!  Glad you don't have to punch your midwife!

Congrats Joyfulgirrl!

I'm so anxious to hear from you, Devaskyla!  Do you have your little one in your arms???

Anyone else have any action yesterday or overnight??

#5 of 17 Old 01-29-2012, 09:38 AM

Baby boy 4 born about 2 hours ago.  Awful transition. Apparently over 1lb bigger than next biggest baby. Exhausted & very sore.

More later.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#6 of 17 Old 01-29-2012, 09:49 AM

Goooo, contactmaya!

Fantastic, Devaskyla!  I'm glad he's finally here. :). Although, I thought the ultrasound tech guessed girl?!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#7 of 17 Old 01-29-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneboymum View Post

You and me both wanted a baby this weekend!  I really didn't want mine to be a February baby (there are a ton of my close family members born in February >_<)  I'm not totally impatient yet, but I'm getting there.  

I'm off work as of this past Friday and now I literally get to sit around and wait.  UGH!  And to top it all off, I now wake up every morning at 4am on the nose, and if I can sleep in, I don't.  Sigh.

#8 of 17 Old 01-29-2012, 12:00 PM

congratulations, devaskyla!  i'm so happy he's finally here.  i look forward to hearing more of your birthing experience, but i hope it's left you in an ok place. hug.gif  thinking of you very much, and sending love across the miles to your whole family.  feel better and try to get some rest as you can!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#9 of 17 Old 01-29-2012, 12:30 PM

congrats, Devaskyla!

good luck, contactmaya!

it's 12AM over here (monday morning) and i'm heading to bed. i lost huge amount of mucus plug today, having uncomfortable contractions from time to time. did some acupressure with DH, tried to convince him to DTD (even donned my hair for that! lol) -- no luck, he says he is too tired :/ i also think the closer we are to labor the more stressed out he gets and he just can't relax.

booked for a sweep tomorrow. i was so hoping to have a baby without sweeps and such.

hijab.gif  rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif K born Jan 2012 now we are bfinfant.gif familybed1.gif and learning how to slingboy.gif and CD

baby R brokenheart.gif Oct 2011.

#10 of 17 Old 01-29-2012, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats Devaskyla!!!  Glad your little boy arrived safely.  Hopefully you can get some rest!  Looking forward to hearing your experience, too.  Someone just told me that in their country, having 4 boys was very good luck! 

#11 of 17 Old 01-29-2012, 01:29 PM

Contactmaya - due date triplet - sounds promising!!

And devaskyla!!!! I couldn't be happier! I can't wait to hear more about your newest DS's arrival. 

I'm still spotting today, feeling a little crampy here and and there.  Nothing major yet, but who knows, maybe it will continue to pick up.... Fingers crossed.

Alwayspraying, lol, I like that you donned your hair for the occasion! Hope it works for you next time :-)

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#12 of 17 Old 01-29-2012, 02:41 PM

Congratulations, Devaskyla!  I hope everyone is okay and you are enjoying your new baby boy!

#13 of 17 Old 01-29-2012, 03:15 PM

Ok baby, the bathrooms are clean, the laundry is done, the floors are mopped... I don't think there is anything in the way energetically hindering your arrival... so let's go!

Om'ing to Peace

#14 of 17 Old 01-29-2012, 07:04 PM

element2012,

hair worked!! lol we did it!! i'm so happy, like a teenager in those stupid teenager movies haha i've been contracting since and i think i've just had bloody show! not sure though cause i was in the shower. but i'm 97% positive it was it. well even if it wasn't i still feel much better now and i can say that i did everything i could today including climbing stairs in 20 floor building.

i hope cleaning will move things for you, cmon baby, pack your stuff and come out!

hijab.gif  rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif K born Jan 2012 now we are bfinfant.gif familybed1.gif and learning how to slingboy.gif and CD

baby R brokenheart.gif Oct 2011.

#15 of 17 Old 01-29-2012, 08:57 PM

well, babygirl doesn't want to wait till wednesday.  looks like it might be tonight.  ctx are strong, but not especially painful, if that makes sense.  2 mins apart at this point.  weird.  guess we'll see what happens from here!

catch you mamas on the other side, i hope!

muah.blowkiss.gif

#16 of 17 Old 01-29-2012, 09:11 PM

Sending lots of easy labour vibes!

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#17 of 17 Old 01-29-2012, 09:51 PM

Oh man 2 of the due date triplets are headed off into labor land,  I got nothin' over here!  Had bloody show last night and today I have crickets in my uterus....  Wishing you ladies the best!  Come on babies!

Om'ing to Peace

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page