How's everyone doing??? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 99 Old 02-25-2012, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chilichiki View Post

A friend sent this to me today...I have to say I am guilty of 99% of this...too funny!

lol that was pretty funny. I sincerely hope that no one here is doing the baby schedule thing though. That can cause so many problems with milk supply.

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#92 of 99 Old 02-26-2012, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank u lactatinggirl!

hijab.gif  rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif K born Jan 2012 now we are bfinfant.gif familybed1.gif and learning how to slingboy.gif and CD

baby R brokenheart.gif Oct 2011.

#93 of 99 Old 02-26-2012, 09:29 AM

OMG, I peed my pants laughing at that video! ROTFLMAO.gif

Wife to a Mad Scientist and SAHM to my giant toddler boy, born 1/20/12  
#94 of 99 Old 02-26-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanQueen99 View Post

"What if I just lay here?"  HAhahahah!  I've so done that!

Me too!!! lol.gif

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#95 of 99 Old 02-28-2012, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

I can't believe Eli is already 4 weeks old today!  Time is flying!  He's growing sooo fast and is such a joy.  We're getting pretty consistent 2-3 hour sleep periods day and night.  Nursing is getting better everyday.  I still have to take ibuprofen for the pain, but my poor nipples are finally healing since I started pumping a couple bottles a day for him.  I feel bad that I had to start bottles so early, but it was necessary because no matter what I did, my nipples would bust back open everyday with him nursing every 1-2 hours when he's awake.  Luckily, we haven't had any problem going between the breast and the bottle.  The chiro works on him weekly to loosen up his jaw/cheeks, etc.  Hopefully we can go back to 100% nursing in the next week or two.

My older son has really seemed to adjust well, but we just found out that he started biting at daycare!  He has always been such a good kid and apparently he was devastated by his first "time out" at daycare for biting.  I know a lot of toddlers go through this, but you never want your kid to be "the biter"!  We've had several calm and loving conversations about how serious biting is and how much it hurts....I only hope it's sinking in and he doesn't do it again!  I don't know if it has anything to do with some internal stress from the new baby, or if it's just coincidental that it started now.  Today, I really made an effort to focus on him and do what he wanted....so after the chiro we went and he got a haircut, went to the library, and played outside (in the sun) with his umbrella.  The things 2 yr olds want to do!

Next week we leave for sunny Florida!  I keep thinking I should start making my packing list now in order to finish by March 8th!

#96 of 99 Old 02-29-2012, 12:29 PM

Ugh... I wanted to buy some jeans and/or cargo pants that fit me right now because I am tired of wearing sweats and maternity pants.  Well, I tried on about 10 pairs of jeans and they were all horrible.  I'm currently somewhere between a size 10 and 12, which threw me into a fit of depression because I was a size 6 before I got pregnant. angry.gif I keep reminding myself that it took me 40 weeks to gain this weight and I'm only 6 weeks pp.  I ended up buying more sweats and taking myself (and my munchkin in the Moby) out to lunch... banghead.gif

Wife to a Mad Scientist and SAHM to my giant toddler boy, born 1/20/12  
#97 of 99 Old 02-29-2012, 12:55 PM

You'll get there, Pilar.  The old motto (back for our mothers and grandmothers) was "nine months up, nine months down."  Don't get discouraged...we will both fit back in those size 6s in no time!

I'm getting a little bummed about working out.  Q will be six weeks next Monday and that means she can start in the gym's daycare, but there is NO way she's going to be away from me for more than five minutes.  Seriously.  The kid cries when not Moby'd or on the breast.  I'm going to cry if I can't get back to Zumba soon.  I *need* to be working out so I'm bikini ready by this summer (Vain?  Yes.  But I don't care!)

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#98 of 99 Old 02-29-2012, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

I've wondered if I can wear Eli in the ergo and do the elliptical at the same time.....I really miss my size 6 jeans, too!  I have my post-preg jeans upstairs in the guest room but I haven't broken down to get them.  My maternity jeans help hide the flab belly so I'm OK with that for now.   I'm going to start myfitnesspal app again tomorrow.  I wish the weather would stay warm so we could do more walking outside.

#99 of 99 Old 02-29-2012, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montessorimama1 View Post

Ugh... I wanted to buy some jeans and/or cargo pants that fit me right now because I am tired of wearing sweats and maternity pants.  Well, I tried on about 10 pairs of jeans and they were all horrible.  I'm currently somewhere between a size 10 and 12, which threw me into a fit of depression because I was a size 6 before I got pregnant. angry.gif I keep reminding myself that it took me 40 weeks to gain this weight and I'm only 6 weeks pp.  I ended up buying more sweats and taking myself (and my munchkin in the Moby) out to lunch... banghead.gif

I got some jeans from Ann Taylor Loft today and they feel fantastic. I think a big part of getting jeans, especially postpartum, is where you get them. This article was helpful for me: http://thestir.cafemom.com/beauty_style/111611/Perfect_Jeans_The_Ultimate_Buying I didn't end up getting a pair that they mentioned, but I kept their ideas in mind when getting the jeans. I ended up with a Petite Modern Flare and I'm so happy with them. :-D

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page