I'm so excited about poop!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-14-2012, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My oldest started pooping every other week from birth.  Around one year she went to once a week.  Now, at nearly 6, she poops every couple of days, but she no longer requires any help in the bathroom.

My son has literally pooped 2-3 times a day since birth.  And, frankly, at age 2, I'm over it.

So I was all excited to find out how baby Q would do...because I might go nuts if she was a 2-3 x'er, too.  That's a whole lot of poopy diapers during the days! 

Wellllll, *drumroll, please* at 3 weeks she's starting to skip days with her bowels!  If that means she will go weeks I will seriously start doing the happy dance!

Do you have a "high frequency" pooper or a "less frequent" one?

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 02-14-2012, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

High frequency all the way... We get at least 3 major poops a day and a few little ones (including another projectile poop this morning).  Oh, the joys... My mw was really keen on him pooping at least 3x/day, dunno why.  With the way this kid eats, it's not a problem to produce so much poop...

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z (2 1/2)
m/c 07/14 and Baby EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!

#3 of 8 Old 02-14-2012, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by montessorimama1 View Post

My mw was really keen on him pooping at least 3x/day, dunno why. 

That's funny.  The Ped told me how lucky I was that my oldest rarely pooped.  She chalked it up to BM.  Ironically, kid 1 nursed more than the other two combined!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#4 of 8 Old 02-14-2012, 12:01 PM

I definitely have a high frequency pooper here!  A couple big ones a day, but there is almost always a little poo in his diaper every time I change him.  I think my older son was the same, but as he's gotten older he's about a 1X a day...and goes in the potty so I don't really care how often it is for him since I don't have to clean it up!!

#5 of 8 Old 02-14-2012, 12:53 PM

Major pooper here, too. It's like clockwork, eat, poop, repeat. Sleep? What is that? Today she's actually napping like a newborn would, these last couple days have been fierce with no sleep. She plays "possum" essentially faking sleep I swear, move positions and that child is like on speed. Crazy.

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#6 of 8 Old 02-14-2012, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Henry poops all.the.time.  You open his diaper, he is going to greet you with some poop.

I was in the bath the other day and DH brought baby in.  I told him to strip him down and hand him to me because he couldn't get him calmed down.  So, he handed naked baby to me, I put him in the water with me (I had cooled it down) and sang and talked to him and got him calmed down. Then he cuddled up to me, and let er rip.  My god...awful!!

Mother of one hyperactive little boy bouncy.gif(9/07) and expecting baby number 2 (Henry Magnus!) on January 25th.

#7 of 8 Old 02-15-2012, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)

My girl didnt poop for a couple of days after passing meconium after she was born. The midwife expressed concern, but needlessly.

My baby poops at least 5 times a day now at 2 weeks. I am using disposables at night, and use about 3. We are  ec'ing and cloth diapering during the day, and always have a few poopy diapers to wash. 

I think it was like this with my other 2. Thankfully, the poops get less, otherwise it would become unmanageable. Too many poopy diapers!!!!

#8 of 8 Old 02-15-2012, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

My girl took a few days to poop too.  She passed meconium right after birth and maybe one small bit a couple of days later.  Then came the milk and we were dealing with massive poo.  She's a very noisy pooper too, lol.

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page