Can I make the skin of my belly tighten faster? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-01-2012, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

This is probably a silly question, but I feel like I have way too much belly skin. I know it's normal for everything to be kind of saggy after pregnancy, but I just didn't know if there's something I can do to make things tighten up faster? It's not a weight thing. I'm actually 10lbs less than I was before I got pregnant (don't hate me, I had a 9.5 lb baby and I've been tandem nursing through all of this, plus it's the last 10 lbs I couldn't lose after my first pregnancy :-P). It just feels discouraging that I weigh less, but still look kind of pregnant. I'm 6 weeks PP btw.

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#2 of 6 Old 03-01-2012, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don't think so, but I'm just relying on my experience of having a bit of flab for a few months until everything tones up again.  I have it, too, and I'm back at my pre-pregnancy weight.  It's not too much - just enough that my cute jeans don't fit without shoving it all up for muffin top (yuck!).

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#3 of 6 Old 03-02-2012, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

When I talked to my doctor about it, she said that the muscles separate in the center during pregnancy and that can cause the skin to droop.  She said that pulling your belly button in towards your spine can help strengthen and pull things back up, but that's about all you can do.  

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#4 of 6 Old 03-02-2012, 06:34 PM

We can wear shapewear, and fake it til we get back to normal! smile.gif

And I am totally jealous of those of you back to pre pregnant weight! Breast feeding did not melt it all off for me, just made me ravenously hungry!

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#5 of 6 Old 03-02-2012, 07:49 PM

I found an abdominal binder to help greatly with this issue this time around, but you would have had to start it immediately postpartum. My skin looks ok now but I still have ~15lbs to lose so I'm sure it will get worse before it gets better, lol

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#6 of 6 Old 03-03-2012, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've though about wearing my Spanx, but it's just such a pain that I haven't done it. I also thought about getting a Belly Bandit postpartum, but I just never got around to it. Guess I'll just have to wait it out. 

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page