Anyone else a total recluse? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-27-2012, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Perhaps it's because I live in the only part of Canada that is NOT experiencing unseasonal warmth, or that she hated the stroller up until three days ago, or that she hates being worn in any of the carriers we have for longer than five minutes, or that this girl is in the 95th percentile for weight and I just can't carry her EVERYWHERE... but I've only left the house five times since she was born!

I don't really care to anymore either, and I'm actually starting to get anxious about the whole idea. We've got our routine at home and DH forages for food. I don't really have any friends in town so that's not really a concern.

Is this normal? Can anyone relate?

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-27-2012, 08:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Dropping in to relate.

Hey there Cedar! (:

I'm exactly the same. I have so many people wanting to see V. And I just have no desire to do anything or really go anywhere. I'm content. And V is also super clingy and loves to be held so my left arm..well left side for that matter is so sore. She used to not mind the car seat and now it's like she can't stand the fact she can't see me. It's horrendous for the first 10 minutes of the ride. She does like the stroller though since she can see me or my mom at all times. I do try to walk every night, otherwise I'm pretty much a recluse.

Kaitlyn - 21, single mother to an adorable baby girl born 1/18/2012 (:

#3 of 3 Old 03-28-2012, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

This was something that we've recently overcome.  She likes to get out of the house, but doesn't care for car trips, being worn, etc.  I basically have to trick her into it, because once we are actually out and about, she loves looking around.  When she is alert and happy, I put her into the car seat and take it to the car, then drive off and keep driving as much as possible (she hates when the car stops) until we get to our destination. With the moby, I put her in it, and she'll usually cry until we get outside.  She does a little better now in the hug hold, with her shoulders out so she's not as constrained. I'm looking for another carrier, but I'm not quite sure what the problem is with this one?? I am in FL and the moby is a little hot, but again not as bad when she has her upper body out.  Sigh, we'll get there...

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page