Midwifery Students Tribe 2009 - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#421 of 1527 Old 02-26-2009, 03:50 PM
 
maxmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti
Posts: 2,454
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg784 View Post
I know! Isnt it ridiculous? She has a different lady come do the NNR, so hopefully we'll talk about it more when we have that class.

I took a bunch of links to studies and posted them on our classes study group online, asking if we could discuss these things further etc. I made a thread about waterbirth/infection or lack thereof and another about suctioning. Both my posts were along the lines of....."I know we learned this in class, but I disagreed and because my mind doesnt come with a bibliography I looked these things up again and heres what Im STILL FINDING..can we discuss it further?" NOBODY RESPONDED. Is everybody afraid to disagree with the almighty instructor???? I dont get it.

We were asked to make a differential a few months ago for antepartum bleeding. I wanted mine to be more of a flow sheet, so I could start in one box and follow the questions in the next boxes to get to the probable cause to rule out. Other students make a chart type table with colums of reasons for antepartum bleeding and then their symptoms. Which is nice, but thats whats in the text books, and I thought Id memorize more (and I DID) if I re worked everything and did it my way. ITS MY STUDY TOOL RIGHT??

After i posted those things on the group she forwarded me my differential (from months ago!) with the following message "I think the way this is organized does not make it a helpful tool. I suggest you look at some of the other ones that students have done."

Is she serious? Im so frustrated with her.
WTF? I'm all over the algorithms to figure out issues like bleeding. That way I know I'm not missing anything.

Plus, it makes it kind of like a Choose Your Own Adventure book.

mama to Max (2/02) and Sophie (10/06); wife to my fabulous girl
maxmama is offline  
#422 of 1527 Old 02-26-2009, 04:22 PM
 
sg784's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the woods
Posts: 1,237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmama View Post
WTF? I'm all over the algorithms to figure out issues like bleeding. That way I know I'm not missing anything.

Plus, it makes it kind of like a Choose Your Own Adventure book.
THANK YOU! :

I've determined that She's just mad that I dont want to be "made in her image"

Im a broc1.giflovinghippie.giffly-by-nursing2.gifcd.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
sg784 is offline  
#423 of 1527 Old 02-26-2009, 05:46 PM
 
sg784's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the woods
Posts: 1,237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Case study of the day.....

42 year old gravida 1 para 0 lives a healthy life style and eats well with uneventful pregnancy. She is 38 weeks with a HGB of 11, estimated fetal weight of 6lbs, FHT 140, a pelivmetry of diagnonal conjugate of 10, pubic arch of 2+, and +3 interspinous spaces. At 37 weeks baby at -1 station. At 38 week visit on Thursday the baby was LOA at -5 station. Its Friday @2 am the client calls to say her waters just broke. You are at another birth. What will you do and why?

Im a broc1.giflovinghippie.giffly-by-nursing2.gifcd.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
sg784 is offline  
#424 of 1527 Old 02-26-2009, 09:58 PM
 
shelleyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 892
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanidFL View Post
I just got laid off ladies It happened on Friday and I'm really worried. My doula work is supporting us now and I only have 1 client per month right now. I am still planning on going to school in August so I will have student loans then to help out.

About the baby fever.....heck no!! The last thing I want right now is a pregnancy. I don't even want to hold the babies at the LLL like I normally want to I am getting an IUD on Tuesday. I'm really nervous about it too. Does anyone have an IUD? I am even more nervous because I just booked a client that got pregnant with an IUD.
I'm sorry about your lay off. My dh has been laid off since September so I know how you feel.

I just got an IUD in a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't bad at all. I bled a little from the pinchy thing that grabs your cervix (sorry can't think of the name right now). I couldn't even feel it. She told me that she was done just holding pressure to stop the bleeding but I didn't think she'd even placed the IUD yet. I couldn't feel a thing. And I just talked to a woman who was concieved when her mom had an IUD in place and it freaked me out. But as I'm sure you know, the numbers are really good as far as efficacy goes. Those anecodotes are hard to hear though! Good luck
shelleyd is offline  
#425 of 1527 Old 02-27-2009, 07:59 AM
 
majikfaerie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 20,308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg784 View Post
Case study of the day.....

42 year old gravida 1 para 0 lives a healthy life style and eats well with uneventful pregnancy. She is 38 weeks with a HGB of 11, estimated fetal weight of 6lbs, FHT 140, a pelivmetry of diagnonal conjugate of 10, pubic arch of 2+, and +3 interspinous spaces. At 37 weeks baby at -1 station. At 38 week visit on Thursday the baby was LOA at -5 station. Its Friday @2 am the client calls to say her waters just broke. You are at another birth. What will you do and why?
first, do you have back-up? call them.
second; other signs of labour? is she feeling ctx? or at least braxton hicks?
third; get a more accurate description of waters breaking. some women will get a little leak that drips on and off for days. I wouldn't really call this waters breaking so much as a hind leak. or was it more of a big gush of water?
what support does this woman have? is her partner with her? does she have a doula she needs to call?

then: where is the current birth at?

I think I'd do my best to assess where the mama is at, and explain that I'm at a birth, and can't come till the baby is born. call back up if you have it. suggest that the mama should probably try to get a bit of sleep if she can, or at least rest.
I would generally start out (in a similar situation when I'm not at another birth) by sounding out the mama to try to assess where she's at, and ask her if she feels she needs me to come already, and recommend rest, especially if it sounds like she's not in active labour yet.
if the mama sounds like she's in labour (as in, she has a contraction on the phone and I can hear it in her voice), or like she's really in need of the emotional support, then I'm on my way. if not, and she's happy to wait for me to come, then I'd strongly recommend her sleeping, and do the same myself, with my cell phone by my pillow.

if the call comes when I'm at another birth, and the mama is really in active labour, and I don't have back-up... well, good lord love a duck! I just don't know!
that said, me personally, my practice and the kind of clients I generally work with, the mama would probably be prepared enough to birth without me if it came to that, or just come on over to the first mama's house to labour there or at least have me check her out! (just coz so far most of my clients are all friends or at least know each other )

I'm really keen to hear what everyone else says about this. probably there's something I forgot.

By reading this signature, you agree to join my cult :nana
Google me, you know you want to mischievous.gif
majikfaerie is offline  
#426 of 1527 Old 02-27-2009, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter
 
MamaRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: FL transplanted in Asia
Posts: 5,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
-1 and then -5. Baby should have dropped lower not moved up. If head that high and water breaks, I would either pop out of one birth if it's slow going and mom is ok with it or send an apprentice/assistant over to do a quick check of heart tones to make sure there's no prolapse. VE if mother is OK with it/wants it.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

MamaRabbit is offline  
#427 of 1527 Old 02-27-2009, 12:52 PM
 
Peppamint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Not here
Posts: 12,977
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRabbit View Post
-1 and then -5. Baby should have dropped lower not moved up. If head that high and water breaks, I would either pop out of one birth if it's slow going and mom is ok with it or send an apprentice/assistant over to do a quick check of heart tones to make sure there's no prolapse. VE if mother is OK with it/wants it.
:
Peppamint is offline  
#428 of 1527 Old 02-27-2009, 02:54 PM
 
rebirth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Canid- i'm so sorry you did get laid off. Are you going to look for another job to supplement Doula work for now? I hope things work out, I'm sure they will!!!!

Mama to bftoddler.gifand belly.gif

rebirth is offline  
#429 of 1527 Old 02-27-2009, 04:43 PM
 
sg784's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the woods
Posts: 1,237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRabbit View Post
-1 and then -5. Baby should have dropped lower not moved up. If head that high and water breaks, I would either pop out of one birth if it's slow going and mom is ok with it or send an apprentice/assistant over to do a quick check of heart tones to make sure there's no prolapse. VE if mother is OK with it/wants it.
Definitely rule out this situation, and then Im thinking along the lines of

Quote:
Originally Posted by majikfaerie View Post
first, do you have back-up? call them.
second; other signs of labour? is she feeling ctx? or at least braxton hicks?
third; get a more accurate description of waters breaking. some women will get a little leak that drips on and off for days. I wouldn't really call this waters breaking so much as a hind leak. or was it more of a big gush of water?
what support does this woman have? is her partner with her? does she have a doula she needs to call?

then: where is the current birth at?

I think I'd do my best to assess where the mama is at, and explain that I'm at a birth, and can't come till the baby is born. call back up if you have it. suggest that the mama should probably try to get a bit of sleep if she can, or at least rest.
I would generally start out (in a similar situation when I'm not at another birth) by sounding out the mama to try to assess where she's at, and ask her if she feels she needs me to come already, and recommend rest, especially if it sounds like she's not in active labour yet.
if the mama sounds like she's in labour (as in, she has a contraction on the phone and I can hear it in her voice), or like she's really in need of the emotional support, then I'm on my way. if not, and she's happy to wait for me to come, then I'd strongly recommend her sleeping, and do the same myself, with my cell phone by my pillow.

if the call comes when I'm at another birth, and the mama is really in active labour, and I don't have back-up... well, good lord love a duck! I just don't know!
that said, me personally, my practice and the kind of clients I generally work with, the mama would probably be prepared enough to birth without me if it came to that, or just come on over to the first mama's house to labour there or at least have me check her out! (just coz so far most of my clients are all friends or at least know each other )

I'm really keen to hear what everyone else says about this. probably there's something I forgot.
I think what my instructor is looking for is the ability to recognise possible cord prolapse. Im going to give her an answer similar to the above two posts. Its nice to have a plan of action in the even of an emergency as well as a plan on what to do next if there is none.

Im a broc1.giflovinghippie.giffly-by-nursing2.gifcd.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
sg784 is offline  
#430 of 1527 Old 02-27-2009, 05:41 PM
 
Peppamint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Not here
Posts: 12,977
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg784 View Post
Definitely rule out this situation, and then Im thinking along the lines of



I think what my instructor is looking for is the ability to recognise possible cord prolapse. Im going to give her an answer similar to the above two posts. Its nice to have a plan of action in the even of an emergency as well as a plan on what to do next if there is none.
I agree... good to walk through the potential findings. Have Plan B or Murphy will come to call! I'd want to assess how much the baby has dropped since SROM too, before I'd be comfortable leaving or having my apprentice/back-up mw leave if labor isn't active yet.
Peppamint is offline  
#431 of 1527 Old 02-27-2009, 08:52 PM
 
doulanichole's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Canton, GA
Posts: 923
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not sure if this will apply to anyone here, but thought I would throw it out here. There is a CPM in the Atlanta area looking for at least one apprentice. Please email/pm me if interested.

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
doulanichole is offline  
#432 of 1527 Old 02-27-2009, 10:45 PM
 
akemt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: KTN, AK
Posts: 104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanidFL View Post
akemt What do the other midwives charge? Or is it not a flat fee? Just to give you an idea...I live in Central Florida and the midwife fees are about $4000 a birth and the doulas charge from $400-$700. Most homebirth midwives take on 4 clients a month. Doulas around here take up to 7 clients a month. It's all about personal comfort. I plan to take on 4 homebirth clients a month and leave doula work once I can make a living on midwifery work.
Thanks for the answer, CanidFL! I'm still trying to figure it all out. I'll be the only doula here, then one of two non-hospital midwives (if I make it that far!). It is hard to find out what people charge and another thread talks about having a back-up doula being essential --there are none here?

Anyway, I'm so sorry to hear you lost your job! How awful! I'm glad you have some doula work, though. Can you bump up your client numbers to help out?

I also have never had an IUD (though it has been suggested) because of the same reasons. I'd rather err on the side of caution when it comes to an egg getting fertilized and the bc simply not allowing implantation (many contraceptives are a mix of the two, it seems) and my religious beliefs, and then I know two women who had bad experiences. One the IUD "got lost" and was found via chest X-ray much later, another woman got pregnant with it and had to hope all turned out okay. It did, but it still freaks me out, especially given my fertility. I hope whatever you decide works out well for you!
akemt is offline  
#433 of 1527 Old 03-03-2009, 09:35 PM
 
Pirogi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 964
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doulanichole View Post
I'm not sure if this will apply to anyone here, but thought I would throw it out here. There is a CPM in the Atlanta area looking for at least one apprentice. Please email/pm me if interested.
Dang, DoulaNichole! If only it was three years from now!

If anyone is waiting to get on board with AAMI's AMS course but needs a little help financially, I have a $777 scholarship that I can't use but can transfer to someone else! PM me ASAP, I think this has a time limit.
Pirogi is offline  
#434 of 1527 Old 03-03-2009, 11:04 PM
 
doulanichole's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Canton, GA
Posts: 923
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogi View Post
Dang, DoulaNichole! If only it was three years from now!
No worries, someone around here is almost always looking!

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
doulanichole is offline  
#435 of 1527 Old 03-04-2009, 12:29 AM
 
CanidFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,095
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebirth View Post
Canid- i'm so sorry you did get laid off. Are you going to look for another job to supplement Doula work for now? I hope things work out, I'm sure they will!!!!
Thanks. For now I am just going to try and get more clients and collect unemployment. I will apply to jobs but really....there is NOTHING in construction right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akemt View Post
Thanks for the answer, CanidFL! I'm still trying to figure it all out. I'll be the only doula here, then one of two non-hospital midwives (if I make it that far!). It is hard to find out what people charge and another thread talks about having a back-up doula being essential --there are none here?

Anyway, I'm so sorry to hear you lost your job! How awful! I'm glad you have some doula work, though. Can you bump up your client numbers to help out?

I also have never had an IUD (though it has been suggested) because of the same reasons. I'd rather err on the side of caution when it comes to an egg getting fertilized and the bc simply not allowing implantation (many contraceptives are a mix of the two, it seems) and my religious beliefs, and then I know two women who had bad experiences. One the IUD "got lost" and was found via chest X-ray much later, another woman got pregnant with it and had to hope all turned out okay. It did, but it still freaks me out, especially given my fertility. I hope whatever you decide works out well for you!
I am going to try and get more clients but it's so hard when you are just starting out you know?

I did end up getting the IUD. I got it today. The cramping is pretty intense but I hope it goes back to normal soon. I'm happy with my decision. Now I just hope it works

Well ladies, my interview at FSTM is on Thursday. Wish me luck.
CanidFL is offline  
#436 of 1527 Old 03-04-2009, 02:00 AM
 
mrs*kewpie*pie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 213
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hey ladies!

i'm in ga and an aspiring midwife

i'm not enrolled in a formal program right now just reading everything i can get my hands on and going to the occaision conference or other birthy get to gether when i can

i'm offering cbe classes although i haven't gotten any calls on that yet

thinking about going to the ican conference in atl next month, though its not specific to midwifery

anyways just wanted to join in

oh and to see if there are any study groups either online or irl to give a little structure for me
mrs*kewpie*pie is offline  
#437 of 1527 Old 03-04-2009, 11:00 AM
 
rebirth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good luck Candid. I seem to get my clients in spurts, and right now I'm not having one! Hopefully soon though. I'm going to also up my marketing efforts, and teach CBE soon.

I just got holistic midwifery 1, and have been reading loads, learning lots.

Mama to bftoddler.gifand belly.gif

rebirth is offline  
#438 of 1527 Old 03-04-2009, 02:41 PM
 
Surfacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: stuck between a rock and a hard place
Posts: 6,690
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good luck CanidFL!

I walked over to the uni. bookstore the other day and checked out the midwifery textbooks. Ulp! So exciting!!! I should hear at the end of the month if I got invited to the interview or not. : I told dh if I did get in this year, I would not defer starting for a year. Esp. if I do it PT I want to get the show on the road!!!!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Surfacing is offline  
#439 of 1527 Old 03-06-2009, 10:33 PM
 
Surfacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: stuck between a rock and a hard place
Posts: 6,690
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just got a letter from Ryerson saying I passed the academic screening. Now they're looking at my personal letter. Eeeeee!!!!! :


Somebody be happy with me, wouldya?

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Surfacing is offline  
#440 of 1527 Old 03-06-2009, 10:58 PM
 
CanidFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,095
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
I just got a letter from Ryerson saying I passed the academic screening. Now they're looking at my personal letter. Eeeeee!!!!! :


Somebody be happy with me, wouldya?
::: So exciting!!! I'm so happy for you.

I have good news too.....my interview went really well : I'm just so excited right now. I can not wait for August to come.
CanidFL is offline  
#441 of 1527 Old 03-06-2009, 11:55 PM
 
cristeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 14,791
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
I just got a letter from Ryerson saying I passed the academic screening. Now they're looking at my personal letter. Eeeeee!!!!! :
Woohoo!! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanidFL View Post
I have good news too.....my interview went really well : I'm just so excited right now. I can not wait for August to come.
Yeah!!! Congrats to you, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs*kewpie*pie View Post
i'm in ga and an aspiring midwife

i'm not enrolled in a formal program right now just reading everything i can get my hands on and going to the occaision conference or other birthy get to gether when i can
Welcome!

If you're looking for book recommendations, you can go back through this thread and the one before, we discuss lots of books we've all read and our thoughts on them.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

cristeen is offline  
#442 of 1527 Old 03-07-2009, 12:06 AM
 
kimiij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 964
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
I just got a letter from Ryerson saying I passed the academic screening. Now they're looking at my personal letter. Eeeeee!!!!! :


Somebody be happy with me, wouldya?
Congrats!!! ::
kimiij is offline  
#443 of 1527 Old 03-07-2009, 12:29 AM
 
rebirth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
woohoo- congrats surfacing!!! That is awesome!

Mama to bftoddler.gifand belly.gif

rebirth is offline  
#444 of 1527 Old 03-07-2009, 12:50 AM
 
sleepingbeauty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 1,333
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That's great guys! Good luck!!!::

Kris: in love with J "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)
 
→Waiting to start my own little family←
Someday it will be my turn!
sleepingbeauty is offline  
#445 of 1527 Old 03-07-2009, 12:59 AM
 
doulanichole's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Canton, GA
Posts: 923
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats, ladies! Sounds like a great week.

mrs*kewpie*pie - where are you at? Do I know you?

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
doulanichole is offline  
#446 of 1527 Old 03-07-2009, 10:22 PM
 
mrs*kewpie*pie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 213
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nichole, i'm in middle ga. i don't really know anyone irl who's into this stuff
mrs*kewpie*pie is offline  
#447 of 1527 Old 03-07-2009, 10:47 PM
 
Surfacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: stuck between a rock and a hard place
Posts: 6,690
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks all for sharing the joy!

CandidFL - great news!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Surfacing is offline  
#448 of 1527 Old 03-09-2009, 03:33 PM
 
nummies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in a state of love
Posts: 3,257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can I join?

My name is Mandie. I am a RN and now applying to a CNM program. I am so excited and nervous all at the same time!! I am just finishing up the application process now, so for the next little while I will just be lurking.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
nummies is offline  
#449 of 1527 Old 03-09-2009, 03:47 PM
 
Pirogi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 964
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs*kewpie*pie View Post
nichole, i'm in middle ga. i don't really know anyone irl who's into this stuff
Mrs*Kewpie*Pie, PM'd you!
Pirogi is offline  
#450 of 1527 Old 03-09-2009, 05:20 PM
 
devasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
I just got a letter from Ryerson saying I passed the academic screening. Now they're looking at my personal letter. Eeeeee!!!!! :


Somebody be happy with me, wouldya?

Me too! This is my 2nd time applying to Ryerson, got to the interview stage last year. Hopefully 2nd times the charm!
Doesn't the waiting get stressful?! It's crummy - send away the application, worry that they didn't get it, wait to get the letter saying you're on to stage 2, wait to see if you get an interview, wait to see if you get accepted/are on the waitlist, wait to see if you get in from the waitlist... It seems endless!
Out of curiousity, are you on the yahoo group - Ontario Midwives-to-be?
Good luck with the application process!

Julie
devasma is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off