Midwifery Students Tribe 2009 - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 1527 Old 03-14-2009, 08:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmama View Post
It's good to see that things are moving along for so many people on this thread!

I found out last week that my research was accepted for a poster presentation at the ACNM convention in May! I'm pretending I'm not terrified of presenting and am allowing myself to be excited for a week or so.
congratulations! what is the presentation?

Midwifery student , Mama to my 4 amazing kids. treehugger.gif

#482 of 1527 Old 03-15-2009, 12:49 PM

It's a qualitative study of the experiences of physicians with home birth transfer patients. Basically, the point is to get everyone on the same page, and for everyone --transferring providers, receiving providers, women and families -- to understand each others' perspectives.

mama to Max (2/02) and Sophie (10/06); wife to my fabulous girl
#483 of 1527 Old 03-15-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebirth View Post
What if a mom suddenly isn't ok with neonatal resesitation? What if her baby needs it? Or what if she refuses pit and is hemorrhaging? Are you just going to let her bleed out?
I think this is a fine line to walk, personally. Refusing NNR can be a viable option, don't rule it out across the board. Refusing pit for religious purposes, just like refusing a blood transfusion, violating the mother's trust for that - is that worth it to you? It's better to have other options available (shepherd's purse maybe?). Yes, this is something that the mother would need to bring up beforehand, but you need to realize that having one of "your" babies die is going to happen at some point. Ultimately there's nothing you can do to prevent it, it's purely statistics. If the mother comes to you and says - the baby's not going to live, but I'd like to have him at home, but you're going to have to not intervene... what are you going to say?

With our son we were offered a risky neonatal open heart surgery with a slim chance of survival to age 5 or comfort care or we could terminate early. Because I couldn't trust my care providers NOT to do the surgery (by getting a court order - it's happened!) and just give him comfort care, I chose to be induced at 24 weeks. The surgery was not an option for us, and not having the trust that our care providers would follow our wishes when we knew that his chance to live was tiny, I feel forced us into that decision.

So saying across the board that you're going to force those decisions on a mother... I highly recommend you think very hard about that policy, and think about instances where you'd be willing to break that policy. If you're lucky you'll never have to, but few of us are ever that lucky.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#484 of 1527 Old 03-15-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristeen View Post
I think this is a fine line to walk, personally. Refusing NNR can be a viable option, don't rule it out across the board. Refusing pit for religious purposes, just like refusing a blood transfusion, violating the mother's trust for that - is that worth it to you? It's better to have other options available (shepherd's purse maybe?). Yes, this is something that the mother would need to bring up beforehand, but you need to realize that having one of "your" babies die is going to happen at some point. Ultimately there's nothing you can do to prevent it, it's purely statistics. If the mother comes to you and says - the baby's not going to live, but I'd like to have him at home, but you're going to have to not intervene... what are you going to say?

With our son we were offered a risky neonatal open heart surgery with a slim chance of survival to age 5 or comfort care or we could terminate early. Because I couldn't trust my care providers NOT to do the surgery (by getting a court order - it's happened!) and just give him comfort care, I chose to be induced at 24 weeks. The surgery was not an option for us, and not having the trust that our care providers would follow our wishes when we knew that his chance to live was tiny, I feel forced us into that decision.

So saying across the board that you're going to force those decisions on a mother... I highly recommend you think very hard about that policy, and think about instances where you'd be willing to break that policy. If you're lucky you'll never have to, but few of us are ever that lucky.
Ah...Midwifery Ethics. Alwyas a sobering but stirring conversation. There ARE so many fine lines !!!!! In each and every instance you will have to decide who to be faithfull to. The Woman? The Midwifery profession? Or ourselves? Makes you really dig deep. This is why intuition and trusting our guts are SUCH a big part of this. There is rarely a textbook answer on the "right" thing to do.

Im a broc1.giflovinghippie.giffly-by-nursing2.gifcd.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
#485 of 1527 Old 03-15-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sijae View Post
Woohoo, I've just send off the application for payment plan to AAMI! I'm one tiny step closer to starting :-)

Laura
: Sounds like you and I will be running right about the same course! I have my payment plan and am ready, just waiting until the money comes in on April 9th to send in my payments, then I will be able to get started! Maybe we should keep in touch since we will be starting SOOO close to the same time. Could be fun

Lisa~Was Aspiring Midwife~Now-AAMI Midwifery Student #2020~Mama to Zackery 3/29/96, Drake 9/22/01, and Selina 10/26/03...and here was the link to my new blog
#486 of 1527 Old 03-16-2009, 02:31 AM

Just left the Midwifery Today conference in Eugene. WOW What an incredible experience. I was glad to connect with and finally meet my midwife sisters. Great energy throughout the week there!

In many of the sessions, the senior midwives talked about getting back to the more traditional values of midwifery. They talked about putting away the doppler and honing in on more hands on skills. Does anyone just use a fetoscope in their practice and ditch the doppler idea? I'm kind of glad I haven't bought a doppler yet and am thinking more about not.

Thoughts on this?

Jen Burnett, DEM
Homeschooling mom to my 3 kids (10, 9 and 8)
#487 of 1527 Old 03-16-2009, 02:49 AM - Thread Starter

We were just discussing that a couple days ago here. I just bought a doppler, but intend to use it only in labor if a fetoscope cannot pick up FHT due to baby being too low or mom in tub, etc. Start reading from post 470

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#488 of 1527 Old 03-16-2009, 02:51 AM

Jen, I was there for someof the conference as well. I took the skills class Wen and Thur and was there most of Saturday. I loved every minute, and really love having my thoughts and feelings about birht and midwifery reaffirmed.
I think the dopler has its place and to be practical midwives should have one, but the fetoscope is really the best tool for FHTs. I love mine, even though I have only gotten to use it on friends and family. The sounds are so real, none of that mechanical sound you get with the dopler. I am not a big fan of routine use of the dopler because of the continuous stream of ultrasound it is putting out. Just another one of those benifit vs risk things in technology.

I definantly think midwifery needs to lean back to the old ways. We are not doing our women justice if we continue to medicalize everything, the OB's can do plenty of that for us. I think there really is alot to be said about the ability to know and feel using hands, comunication, and intuition.

Nothing like the great teachers at a conference to get the blood flowing again is there

Lisa~Was Aspiring Midwife~Now-AAMI Midwifery Student #2020~Mama to Zackery 3/29/96, Drake 9/22/01, and Selina 10/26/03...and here was the link to my new blog
#489 of 1527 Old 03-16-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristeen View Post

Yes- it is a fine line, and I'm sure that having some bad outcomes is inevitable. I do very much so respect the mother as the final authority, and in all of those cases we would have discussed their beliefs on various inteventions so that I was prepared before hand. I don't mean to force any choices onto anyone, but I do intend to have some idea of what choices they would make. Also as a midwife it is my job to feel comfortable as much as possible, and it is important for me to feel like I'm giving a level of care that ensures safety as much as possible. I would have to carefully weigh out if I felt that I could adequetly care for that mother with the restrictions she had, or if I felt that what she wanted was something I didn't feel good about, and if another care provider would be more appropriate for her. I'm sure someone will suprise me in labor by refusing something I feel is essential (hydration or heart tone checks are 2 examples), and I'll have to continue making decisions about what mama and situation I feel is appropriate to keep at home.

And of course herbs/homeopathics would be my first choice, but they're not always appropriate or effective enough.

Mama to bftoddler.gifand belly.gif

#490 of 1527 Old 03-16-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamato3cherubs View Post
: Sounds like you and I will be running right about the same course! I have my payment plan and am ready, just waiting until the money comes in on April 9th to send in my payments, then I will be able to get started! Maybe we should keep in touch since we will be starting SOOO close to the same time. Could be fun
Good idea! I just need to send in the payment as well. I'm waiting for new checks to arrive since I am out. I'm so excited to get started!

Laura

mom to 3 home-born children, wife to a great guy joy.gif

#491 of 1527 Old 03-16-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmama View Post
I found out last week that my research was accepted for a poster presentation at the ACNM convention in May! I'm pretending I'm not terrified of presenting and am allowing myself to be excited for a week or so.
Congrats! That's great! I was hoping to make it to Seattle, but I'm going to a birth center workshop in DC in late-April, so that is my trip for the year (for school, anyway). I'm hoping to go to ACNM next year.

Good luck!!

Wife to Mike, Mom to DD 4, RN and Student Nurse-Midwife.  Expecting #2 on 11/27/2011.
#492 of 1527 Old 03-16-2009, 11:44 PM

Looks like everyone has had a pretty exciting week. I sent in my acceptance letter to my midwifery program and also a large deposit check . Oh well. I also sent in a scholarship application. I had to suggest a service-learning project, talk about my leadership skills, and talk about my interest in advocating for and helping to achieve healthcare for all. They haven't told us how large the scholarship is but I'm hoping it's pretty extensive. The less loans I have to take out, the better.

RE: the midwifery protocol debate

I haven't begun my midwifery studies yet but I have begun to think about the type of midwife that I want to be. Honestly, when I'm just starting out, I do plan on having protocols. Frankly, I think that's part of being a midwife. You are there to safeguard the passage of baby into the world and mom into motherhood, simultaneously. Or else what's the point of being there at all? If mom can make all the decisions herself, then why isn't she having a UC? As a future midwife, I definitely believe in trusting my training and my gut as well as hers.

But, I should say that I think that so much changes when you actually become a midwife and catch your first 500-1000 babes. I'm sure we'll all find that we might just end up doing the things we never thought we do. And perhaps we don't do a few things we felt we couldn't compromise on.
#493 of 1527 Old 03-17-2009, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiij View Post
Frankly, I think that's part of being a midwife. You are there to safeguard the passage of baby into the world and mom into motherhood, simultaneously. Or else what's the point of being there at all? If mom can make all the decisions herself, then why isn't she having a UC? As a future midwife, I definitely believe in trusting my training and my gut as well as hers.
My POV is that it is the mother who always makes the final decision no matter what. I'm not saying a midwife shouldn't strongly suggest something because she believes it to be important but the mother isn't just a member of the health care "team", she's the final word. It's easy to take the leap from serving to directing.

Why be there? Well I see the midwife role as more of an expert consultant. The point is to educate and give educated opinions and to provide care as requested whether that is to stay out of the way or to actively monitor and catch. If I think the baby's/mother's life is in danger I'm going to say something and if I feel strongly about it perhaps argue for a particular action, but the decision about what to do about it is the parents, not mine.

Parental responsibility and privilege start before birth. I don't subscribe to the current governmental theory that we are simply renting our children until we make a decision somebody doesn't like.

Laura

#494 of 1527 Old 03-17-2009, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
I just got a letter from Ryerson saying I passed the academic screening. Now they're looking at my personal letter. Eeeeee!!!!! :

Somebody be happy with me, wouldya?
Congratulations Surfacing!: I'm excited for you! I got mine in the mail too. Will you be attending the Discover Ryerson meeting this Thursday? Hopefully we will hear if they are finished reviewing the personal letters
#495 of 1527 Old 03-17-2009, 12:40 AM

Hello everyone! Just a quick intro from me, I am a mother of none from Ontario and this is my first time applying to the Midwifery program. Crossing my fingers for an interview, it's been a tough journey.

I must say that all of your stories are so inspiring. You are all dedicated mothers pursuing your passion despite the millions of other responsibilities you hold. I admire you all for keeping it together and for showing your children that nothing will stop you from achieving your goals. What great role models!
#496 of 1527 Old 03-17-2009, 01:51 AM

hi everyone! haven't posted to the thread lately, but i have been reading! things are really taking off for all of us, it seems. go us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebirth View Post
Yes- it is a fine line, and I'm sure that having some bad outcomes is inevitable. I do very much so respect the mother as the final authority, and in all of those cases we would have discussed their beliefs on various inteventions so that I was prepared before hand. I don't mean to force any choices onto anyone, but I do intend to have some idea of what choices they would make. Also as a midwife it is my job to feel comfortable as much as possible, and it is important for me to feel like I'm giving a level of care that ensures safety as much as possible. I would have to carefully weigh out if I felt that I could adequetly care for that mother with the restrictions she had, or if I felt that what she wanted was something I didn't feel good about, and if another care provider would be more appropriate for her. I'm sure someone will suprise me in labor by refusing something I feel is essential (hydration or heart tone checks are 2 examples), and I'll have to continue making decisions about what mama and situation I feel is appropriate to keep at home.

And of course herbs/homeopathics would be my first choice, but they're not always appropriate or effective enough.
ita, part of interviewing clients is to see if you're a good fit, if you feel comfortable providing the level of care she is seeking.

Quote:
My POV is that it is the mother who always makes the final decision no matter what. I'm not saying a midwife shouldn't strongly suggest something because she believes it to be important but the mother isn't just a member of the health care "team", she's the final word. It's easy to take the leap from serving to directing.

Why be there? Well I see the midwife role as more of an expert consultant. The point is to educate and give educated opinions and to provide care as requested whether that is to stay out of the way or to actively monitor and catch. If I think the baby's/mother's life is in danger I'm going to say something and if I feel strongly about it perhaps argue for a particular action, but the decision about what to do about it is the parents, not mine.

Parental responsibility and privilege start before birth.
i agree with this comment too. the mother is the final word. it is HER body, HER baby. that's why it is so important to discuss possible scenarios and projected decisions before the birth. it is my opinion that i would have a basic understanding of the mothers wishes/beliefs to a point where i would know if we were a good fit, if i felt comfortable providing/continuing care.
#497 of 1527 Old 03-17-2009, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletBegonias View Post
i agree with this comment too. the mother is the final word. it is HER body, HER baby. that's why it is so important to discuss possible scenarios and projected decisions before the birth. it is my opinion that i would have a basic understanding of the mothers wishes/beliefs to a point where i would know if we were a good fit, if i felt comfortable providing/continuing care.
This is where I agree... I have tried to follow some of this, and could go on and on with details, but I do feel that as a "midwife" not just a friend or support person, we do have a responsibility as well. If you practice continuity of care you should have an idea of the wishes of the mother, her partner if she has one, and she should have a clear idea of the type of care you intend to provide or not provide. As well as where you are willing to bend and where you are not.
There is absolutly nothing wrong with having some protocol, some requirement, some things you will let go of and others you refuse too. This is part of holding responsible to yourself as well as the women, babies and families we care for.
You must know it is a good match, or you could regret the relationship one way or another. That is kind of a hard thing to think about when talking about starting a new practice. But it is just as important that the midwife feel the match is good as the client.

I can not please everyone. I am sure I will have some things I expect of my clients as well as they of me. I am sure some of them would tick off other BPs as well, but I will not be able to provide good care to someone if something in the situation really makes me uneasy, or I feel I am not being respected.

It is about her, it is her birth, but a midwife does have a job to do and does have to remain true to herself.

Umm, oh, sorry. You will soon all learn, I write books, not posts

#498 of 1527 Old 03-17-2009, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Good idea! I just need to send in the payment as well. I'm waiting for new checks to arrive since I am out. I'm so excited to get started!

Laura
I just noticed you are in Denver. I am so excited, I have a cousin just outside of Denver that decided a couple months ago to TTC and is not pg! She has spent most of her life pretty mainstream but is interest in my thoughts. I sent her a few books to read, and she may be looking for a midwife soon, so if you have any good recomendations I could use to take down some names!

I am going to community college and have been taking student loans, so i decided when I won the $777 off tuition that I would use my loan for spring term for AAMI. So I am now just waiting until that dispersment and it will all be sent. I think I am getting the check on April 9th.

#499 of 1527 Old 03-17-2009, 04:52 AM

I just got back from the midwifery today conference this morning. : it was amazing!!! ahhh I'm so inspired. lol I've been reading away at the signed copy of HM1 I got there. I'm thinking I'm going to start doula training as well, to get started. just not sure which training program I'm going to do. there is one coming up in a couple days that the teacher told me before I left still had spaces, but I don't know if its the right one.... anyways its been fun.

Caroline, partner to J, post partum doula, kitchen manager, aspiring midwife, soon to be nursing student, mama to my furbaby, someday a mama to not so furry munchkins, G-d willing
#500 of 1527 Old 03-17-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
hi everyone! haven't posted to the thread lately, but i have been reading! things are really taking off for all of us, it seems. go us!

ita, part of interviewing clients is to see if you're a good fit, if you feel comfortable providing the level of care she is seeking.

Yes- that is how I feel as well.

#501 of 1527 Old 03-17-2009, 09:33 AM

I'm not a student yet, but I think I'll join this thread anyway.

I've been doing some research and I'm thinking of doing the training offered by the Massachusetts Midwives' Alliance, which holds a hands on, in person training starting in August.

The cost is about half of AAMI, which I also considered. The MMA training is 11 months, on Saturdays. One of the weekends is a DONA training too. Then they require 8 workshops before you "graduate".

Anyone in MA do this program?
#502 of 1527 Old 03-17-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamato3cherubs View Post
I just noticed you are in Denver. I am so excited, I have a cousin just outside of Denver that decided a couple months ago to TTC and is not pg! She has spent most of her life pretty mainstream but is interest in my thoughts. I sent her a few books to read, and she may be looking for a midwife soon, so if you have any good recomendations I could use to take down some names!

I am going to community college and have been taking student loans, so i decided when I won the $777 off tuition that I would use my loan for spring term for AAMI. So I am now just waiting until that dispersment and it will all be sent. I think I am getting the check on April 9th.
I'm in Denver now but I'm actually moving out your way next month! I'll be in Salem, OR for a while :-) The only midwife I know out here well enough to recommend is in Boulder but I'd be happy to pass on the name.

Congrats on the scholarship! It's exciting to be able to get started. Will you continue CC while you study AAMI? I am taking the spring term at Chemeketa but I think a full course-load, AAMI and apprenticeship (plus home-schooling the kids and being a wife and mother) would be like biting off the state of texas, lol. So I have a feeling I'll focus on AAMI, apprenticeship and my kids, as if that isn't enough :-)

#503 of 1527 Old 03-17-2009, 01:11 PM

I am not a student yet but my goal is to be a student no later than this fall or spring. Not quite sure yet. Depends on our baby situation. I am thinking between AAMI and a couple other schools. I plan on becoming a doula and a CPM. I live in MN. What else would you all like to know?

Randine , Wife to Chris , mama to Gracie (3) and to Soren (07/08/2010)
#504 of 1527 Old 03-17-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magelet View Post
I just got back from the midwifery today conference this morning. : it was amazing!!! ahhh I'm so inspired. lol I've been reading away at the signed copy of HM1 I got there. I'm thinking I'm going to start doula training as well, to get started. just not sure which training program I'm going to do. there is one coming up in a couple days that the teacher told me before I left still had spaces, but I don't know if its the right one.... anyways its been fun.
i'm soooo jealous! but in a good way! i hope to be able to go in 2011, with two toddlers, it just wasn't an option for me this year. give us some details!

on doula courses, after looking around, i settled on childbirth international. i've heard good things, it's affordable (certification is for life, no yearly dues), they don't have a code of conduct to adhere to (some do, any they even say you may not graduate if you don't agree with their philosophy!), and they provide excellent one-on-one support.
#505 of 1527 Old 03-17-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
I'm in Denver now but I'm actually moving out your way next month! I'll be in Salem, OR for a while :-) The only midwife I know out here well enough to recommend is in Boulder but I'd be happy to pass on the name.

Congrats on the scholarship! It's exciting to be able to get started. Will you continue CC while you study AAMI? I am taking the spring term at Chemeketa but I think a full course-load, AAMI and apprenticeship (plus home-schooling the kids and being a wife and mother) would be like biting off the state of texas, lol. So I have a feeling I'll focus on AAMI, apprenticeship and my kids, as if that isn't enough :-)
Actually, do you really want to know whats on my plate right now??good time to get it all out there I guess.
The three kids of course, and of course they are at differnt stages, different scheduals, and two are now signed up for spring soccer.

Work, as a single mom, of course i have no choice, although i am only working about 28-30 hours a week right now.

CC- I am going JUST under full time this spring, 3 classes, human nutrition, Medical Terminology (the 2nd term of the sequence) and psyc 203.

And I am to begin AAMI by April 15th.

I do plan to do one more year at umpqua cc as I want the whole sequence of A&P and begining Spanish and I have a few other odd ball classes to fill in so I may as well, I will at least get an AA out of it.

I hope that by the time I get done with that, that I will have some idea of how to get involved with an apprenticeship.

And :: to you getting over here to Oregon You will be 2 hours north of me.

eta: of course this doesnt say anything about the rest of personal life right now, such as trying to help my mom move back here from MO as soon as her house sells, being the only family member in town to help my grandmother who lost my grandfather to cancer a year ago and has just been diagnosed with cancer herself, and the fact that I do like to spend time with my man too

But you know what?? It all feels soooo good. So good to be doing something for myself. And helping family, and having a bf who actually is supportive, helpful and cares. Ahh, ok, now I am really done. Time to go redump all this into my blog. I started the darn thing so i wouldnt do this here!

#506 of 1527 Old 03-17-2009, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
i settled on childbirth international. ... they don't have a code of conduct to adhere to
You may not have to agree with their philosophy but you most certainly have so sign their code. It basically says that you won't represent yourself as a doula certified by them if you're acting out of scope of a doula and/or haven't been certified by them.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#507 of 1527 Old 03-17-2009, 11:24 PM

I signed up for the MMA course! It starts in August and I'm so excited!:
#508 of 1527 Old 03-18-2009, 07:49 PM

I think I had an epiphany. I know I said in the last thread that I didn't want to be a doula but I think that's what stopping me from being able to start school. I think it's necessary for me to see hospital birth to support the women in most need of care before I can take my role as midwife, so a week ago I enrolled in the ALACE workshop in Boulder and sent in my check. It was effortless and that seemed to confirm it in my mind, it's what I need to do before I can move forward. So I'm finally able to take a step toward midwifery and it's a bigger step toward working with women.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#509 of 1527 Old 03-18-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursingmama05 View Post
I think I had an epiphany. I know I said in the last thread that I didn't want to be a doula but I think that's what stopping me from being able to start school. I think it's necessary for me to see hospital birth to support the women in most need of care before I can take my role as midwife, so a week ago I enrolled in the ALACE workshop in Boulder and sent in my check. It was effortless and that seemed to confirm it in my mind, it's what I need to do before I can move forward. So I'm finally able to take a step toward midwifery and it's a bigger step toward working with women.
Congrats to you! And learning it, seeing it, and supporting women in that situation are all great learning experiences. For me it was huge in showing me how I really feel about what I want my role to be. Hospital doula work showed me exactly how hands off and private I feel birth is. I didnt expect the feelings I experience, but Im glad I did it

#510 of 1527 Old 03-18-2009, 09:21 PM

nursingmama- that's great! I personally love doula-ing, and I love what great experience it is. It has prepared me so much for midwifery- and opened so many doors. Even if I wasn't intending to become a midwife I would still love to doula. Additionally- it's wonderful preperation for those inevitable transfers and supporting a woman in that way. plus- you'll certainly grow a much bigger apprecitation for the sacredness of homebirth.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page