Spanish-speaking doulas in Brighton, CO? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-15-2010, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter
luz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi All,

I'm a clinical social worker in Brighton, Colorado. I'm working with a Spanish-speaking client right now who's about a month away from delivery, is a first-time mom, and doesn't have a lot of supportive people in her life. (Certainly no one she feels comfortable asking to be present during the birth.) Does anyone know of any doula services in the Denver, CO area, or in or near Brighton? Any lead you might have would be really helpful.

Thanks so much!
#2 of 2 Old 03-16-2010, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there. Your request for a Spanish-speaking doula was posted on our Colorado Doulas Listserve. As a former social worker, who used to have a really hard time finding resources for my Spanish-speaking clients I want to help you if at all possible.

I am a birth doula in practice in the Boulder/Denver area. I am conversational (although not fluent) in Spanish. I would be happy to talk with you further about your client's situation and if I might be able to be of service (or know someone who can). I also know there is a fabulous Spanish-speaking doula program at St. Anthony's North and Central, so if she is eligible or able to transfer her care there she may get the support she is looking for.

Please feel free to contact me via the information below. I look forward to hearing from you and helping you find support for your client.

Selena Shelley, MA, CD, LCCE, CHBE
Therapist ~ Educator ~ Birth Doula
www.selenashelley.com
selenashelley@gmail.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page