Just for fun: clients with the same name - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-22-2010, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone else ever had a trend with client names in your practice? I swear, it doesn't matter how unusual a name is, if I have a client with that first name, I will promptly be interviewed by another woman with that same first name (or even hired). Same with interviews, I will have like 3 "Katie"s or "Michelle"s all set up for an interview within the same 2 weeks of one another. It is just kinda funny. It gets a little confusing in my date book though!

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2010, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Yep--

Once, I had 2 Ashleys, due a couple weeks apart, and another time, 2 Christines, due one day apart. The Ashleys contacted me months apart, but the Christines called me w/in a week or so of each other and we interviewed the same week--both having 2nd baby, 2nd hb. With them, it took awhile to keep them straight in my head!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:53 AM

I currently have a Jen and a Jennie!!

Wife to Mark, Momma to Matt & Bryan : Joe & Jonathan - Labor Doula
Old 09-24-2010, 11:04 AM

Forgot to mention...my Christines ALSO had the same due date!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:35 PM

Jean, Janette, Janet, and Jessica were all due with in 40 days of each other. Plus Kristen, and Christen in one year. 3 Sara's in one year. Holly and Hollie one was a client another a good friend but were both pregnant and due at the same time. Several Emily's. In my most recent childbirth class there was supposed to be ( few had to reschedule) Denese, Devery, Deanna, Dana, and my self Dy.
And lets not even get started on baby names. Lily and Asher and Maddox several in one year.

Homeschooling, midwifery mom to 4 beautiful blessings(8,6,4,1)

Old 09-24-2010, 11:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just had two births this past week where the mamas had the same first name! It's so strange how that happens!

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
Old 09-24-2010, 11:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My name is Emy. When I called my midwife (whom I birthed with four years ago and last saw two years ago) to let her know I was pregnant and wanted to schedule an appointment to get my care going she got very confused and said, "But you're already scheduled and I already know you're pregnant!" (or something along those lines) and then we realised that she had a new client who she had just taken on who had the same name! Too funny!

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 09-25-2010, 12:41 AM

Yup, 3 clients in a row this summer had the same first name... definitely can get confusing!
Old 09-25-2010, 01:56 PM

I have a bunch right now that sound alike. Think Jen, Genevieve, Jennifer, and Jaqueline. It's a little confusing. Especially when two that downright RHYME are due two days apart!

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).
Old 09-25-2010, 10:16 PM

I have been having a hard time keeping all my Michelle/Megan/Melissa's straight! A few CBE classes back, I had three Jennifers among a group of 8 moms. And the series before that, three dads named Chris. Funny!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:33 PM

Crashing, but some of this is just women of around the same age having popular names from the same era. I'm a Michelle (born in the late 70s) and it's fairly common in my age range, with a lot of Melissas around my age, too. There was a huge number of Jennifers (Jen/Jenn/Jennys) and Jessicas in my elementary school, too.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaramba View Post
Crashing, but some of this is just women of around the same age having popular names from the same era. I'm a Michelle (born in the late 70s) and it's fairly common in my age range, with a lot of Melissas around my age, too. There was a huge number of Jennifers (Jen/Jenn/Jennys) and Jessicas in my elementary school, too.
I used the name Michelle as just an example to protect client privacy. I am saying that I could have a "Penelope" and probably still have another "Penolope" contact me very shortly after and then I may go forever without ever having another Penelope contact me Even if a name is fairly common, it is a bit funny to have two women come into care at the same time while sharing that name and then to go for a few years without taking care of another woman with the same name.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:41 AM

I'm a school teacher, so I have the same issue, except for the names are Kaitlyn & Ashley.

My midwife told me (after my son was born) that they had delivered another baby named the same as our son (first & last) a few months before he was born. But here's the weird part: the father's name (first & last) was the same as my husband's.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:46 PM

I had a funny experience this weekend. My name is Megan and my client had the exact say name (but w each pronounced it a bit differently). The poor midwife was getting so confused! (She did not know either of us personally so it was harder).

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:43 AM

I caught the babies of three (no kidding!) Leahs in a month's time.

User Tag List