Desperate to find a midwife/birth assistant for VBAC in Florida or nearby state that is affordable - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-25-2010, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I live near Pensacola and I had a c-section 5 years ago with twins due to being breech and want to have a VBAC. I am on Tricare and the military hospital is not a place I want to be and Tricare will not cover a homebirth. I am told that if I choose the hospital they will 'try' to let me have a VBAC but I still do not feel comfortable with that. It is not even about having a VBAC it is about being in control of my labor, my baby and everything going on during that time.I have contacted midwives who will give me a homebirth; however I cannot afford the $5000 + price tag. I have heard about a farm in Tenn, but I heard they do not due VABC's anymore. I want to try a unassisted birth, but since I never labored before I have no idea what to expect. I would be willing to have an birth assistant there because then I would have someone who was familiar with birthing etc. I am just in a bad place because I do not want to be butchered again in a hospital and have doctors scream at me like before and I cannot afford a homebirth. Can anyone please help me? Does anyone know of a traveling midwife or retired midwife that is affordable? Or even women that did an unassisted VBAC who can help me or give me advice?

Please, any infomation would be great. Please PM me for anything.
#2 of 3 Old 09-25-2010, 05:46 PM

Vicki Taylor is a homebirth midwife in Pensacola who I am pretty sure does VBACs.

Call all the midwives in your area and set up an initial interview with them. Explain your situation just like you did here in this forum. There are midwives out there who will barter, make payment plans, work on a sliding scale fee, etc.

Contact Carla Hartley (of AAMI--google her) to see if she knows of any traveling midwives who trust in birth and will work with your financial situation.

Do NOT give up. You will find a midwife who will work with you and you will have a beautiful birth.

Sprat sleepytime.gif, Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig reading.gif, the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, and now Sprout fly-by-nursing1.gif walking, talking, how on earth is she this big?! Rainbow.gif on earth.gif begins with homebirth.jpg.

#3 of 3 Old 09-25-2010, 05:51 PM

Here is one midwife listing place:

http://mana.org/memberlist.html

It isn't completely comprehensive, so don't give up if you don't find one there.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page