Lactation Education courses? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-26-2010, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have heard good things about CAPPA's. Any others?

Also what is your opinion of CAPPA in general? I will finish nursing school in April and I need a semi-mainstream training from an organization that will last. I have been feeling a bit burned by the route I chose in the past for my CBE training.

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 09-26-2010, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm going through CAPPA under the distance program because there are no local teachers. It's a relatively easy program (just time consuming!). My only negative is I honestly don't feel it teaches as much as I would prefer but I'm also a huge nerd and do a ridiculous amount of reading and am kind of setting my own higher requirements for myself. They haven't really taught me anything I didn't already know (with the exception of two things, I believe) so I'm really mostly doing it just to have "CLE" behind my name since people think you know nothing without letters behind your name.

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#3 of 4 Old 09-28-2010, 01:18 AM

I'm doing CBI's program and it's thorough.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#4 of 4 Old 09-29-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRabbit View Post
I'm doing CBI's program and it's thorough.
I have a question about the support hours. Where do you do those? And how do you prove it if it's just personal work with others? I've been doing consults for years with other mums, mostly online (usually through word of mouth, I'll help a mum and then sometime down the road she'll send someone else my way).

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page